acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

The big problem with those idle animations is that you can't control them. Imagine a TvT where you're a scout and you're trying to blend in with a tree and bam..all of a sudden you're wiping your forehead while there's a squad running right next to you. Not useful at all ... Mooooodular is the best approach to all thinks.

The idle animations only play locally and are not seen by other players. They are very annoying when in First Person. And you can't do that modular as it's changed in the config.

@FoxFort If you're really that into the idle animations than deleting the noidle.pbo is your best bet as @alganthe has pointed out.

Well yeah, the fact that you can disable it by removing the noidle.pbo is modular enough imo. I was just implying that the current way of doing is best.

Didn't know the animations were locally played...if BIS wanted to add them for more ambiance/realism (idk why) one'd figure they'd make them globally or simply don't make them at all.

Oh well...glad they're gone with ACE3 ;)

I love idle anitmations and I did removed "noidle.pbo" and now ACE for me looks better. Great mod by the way !

Hi guys!

I was really impressed when I saw this mod in Steam Workshop and I wanna use it.

But is it a way to use it in Co-Op mod of Arma 3? How do I need to set up it? 

Also I would like to turn off some features of this mod. Or actually turn back on some original Arma 3 features like "original" rangefinder that you don't need to lock on, "original" laser pointer. I would like to turn off adv. ballistics.

Finally I think I would like to have new medical, revive and interaction systems, explosives system and finally dragging and carrying players and NPCs.

I would really appreciate your help!  :rolleyes:

P.S. Please don't tell that it's a true realism mode. Basic settings of Ace 3 are really hard for coop of 3-4 persons and I wanna get some features from this mode to get gameplay just slightly more realistic ^_^   

Ok, Thanks

And if you want to test a mission without modules, before playing it in the server? I can load the server addon and have our serverconfig loaded just fine in my client, without issues.

Version 3.2.1

5007509?v=3&s=40Glowbal released this

a day ago

We have noticed that when using ACE with 3rd-Party mods that do not fully support CBA Extended Eventhandlers (XEH) that some units do not work with Interaction fully. You may see the cursor but no menus.

WORKAROUND: The latest CBA RC7 Hotfix 2, v1.1.23 has an optional PBO that you can activate to help resolve these situations.

1. Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its signature file from the CBA optional folder to the CBA Addons folder

2. Restart Arma

First of all thankyou for your reply. Tried this and unfortunately the issue remains, its not with any of the players its just with civilians and other units placed by wither MCC or Zeus, there just isnt the cursor or anything? 

Cheers

Sorry for repeating my question but no one answered...

I was really impressed when I saw this mod in Steam Workshop and I wanna use it.

But is it a way to use it in Co-Op mod of Arma 3? How do I need to set up it? 

Also I would like to turn off some features of this mod. Or actually turn back on some original Arma 3 features like "original" rangefinder that you don't need to lock on, "original" laser pointer, original missile guidance. I would like to turn off adv. ballistics too, even for snipers.

I think I would like to have only new medical, revive and interaction systems, explosives system and finally dragging and carrying players and NPCs.

I would really appreciate your help!   :rolleyes:

I am unable to lock on helicopters with the the AA Missiles of the Wipeout. There isn´t even a square around air Targets. The Yak-130 has the same problem.

I tryed all the keys but nothing works.

Well, that's silly. One of my antiviruses is, for some reason unbeknownst to me, flagging 3 ACE3 files as threats.

6ac8d9ea2d.png

The files in question are:

- ace_break_line.dll

- ace_clipboard.dll

- ace_fcs.dll

ACE is trying to get our passwords! RUN!

J.k. what the F is that anti virus you're using? :O

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Excuse me guys, is there any way to use only part of this mod? I need mostly advanced ballistics, as I understand it is being developed only here now. All other stuff is greate but it is too buggy and makes game unplayinble sometimes.

Excuse me guys, is there any way to use only part of this mod? I need mostly advanced ballistics, as I understand it is being developed only here now. All other stuff is greate but it is too buggy and makes game unplayinble sometimes.

It's explained in the FAQ here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/user/information-center.html 

Basically you can simply delete the module pbo's that you don't want, although some might have some dependencies, so make sure you check those beforehand in the wiki (http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/)

There is a standalone version of Ruthberg's Advanced Ballistics.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171256-advanced-ballistics-wip/

Hi,

if you want only AB, you need in your @ace/addons folder :

- ace_advanced_ballistics

- ace_atragmx

- ace_ballistics

- ace_common

- ace_flashsuppressors (not necessary, just to avoid a pop-pup)

- ace_interact_menu

- ace_interaction

- ace_kestrel4500

- ace_main

- ace_modules

- ace_rangecard

- ace_scopes

- ace_server

- ace_weather

But before to do that, you must check the settings framework and enable AB like this :

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html

Good shot.

Hello! I was trying to implement some mission parameters (the things you setup in the lobby) to modify things such as medical system, PAK and SK usage, etc... The way I understand is that i'm supposed to use ACE Settings, but i've gotten nowhere, for some reason the settings definitions i've put in init.sqf dont work. And when trying to put some static setting in description.ext such as below, it doesnt work either, I'm still having the adv. medical system.

class ACE_Settings {

class ace_medical_level {
    value = 0;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 1;
    };
};

Are my explicit setting overrident by the modules in the mission ( the ACE medical module placed in the editor does specify that adv. medical is enabled). How can I implement parameters adjusting ACE settings?

Thanks,

I have 2 questions.

1. Where can I find what each optional pbo file in the optional folder does?  I read the readme and looked on the wiki and couldn't find a list, etc. of what they do.

2. I use TADST for my dedicated server on my personal pc.  Other than creating a new folder for ACEserver pbo and enabling it in the TADST launcher, can everything else be set up for my group in the sp editor and placed with modules?

Thanks in advance for both of these answers.  We've decided to give ACE, or at least part of it, a try and see how it goes.  Was worried about conflicts with all the other mods we use.

when trying to put some static setting in description.ext such as below, it doesnt work either, I'm still having the adv. medical system.

The example you posted looks correct, usually modules do take precedence over description.ext, but force = 1 changes that.

Note that there are two settings however:

class ace_medical_level {
        value = 1;
        typeName = "SCALAR";
        values[] = {"Disabled", "Basic", "Advanced"};
    };
    class ace_medical_medicSetting {
        value = 1;
        typeName = "SCALAR";
        values[] = {"Disabled", "Normal", "Advanced"};
    };

Ok that's good to know, will give it a try. Thanks

Edit: static definition in description.ext now works!

Now the question is how to affect a parameter to the settings. I have the feeling I can't make a class definition in init.sqf, and i'm pretty sure there is no point putting it in description.ext.

Any ideas on how to acheive that?

After whatever update was just applied I can see no interaction menus regardless of the other mods I'm running alongside Arma3.  I've tried this with my usual modset (RHS and some of the HLC weapon packs), and also with no other mods enabled except ACE3.  I'm using PWS as the mod manager, and am signed up for the development version of Arma3.

I'm reinstalling Arma3 right now just in case.  I've already tried deleting the local copies of ACE3 and CBA to no avail.  The aforementioned workaround (moving the CBA auto XEH PBOs into the CBA addons folder) also does not work.

edit: Also, I did not have any extraneous mods inside the arma3 addons folder (I know this would likely cause problems itself).

Any ideas on how to acheive that?

I think to achieve this you will have to dig into our non-public functions. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what you're looking for, but you should find stuff easy enough in ace_common. Just be aware that future versions could change the code.

Hi,

if you want only AB, you need in your @ace/addons folder :

- ace_advanced_ballistics

- ace_atragmx

- ace_ballistics

- ace_common

- ace_flashsuppressors (not necessary, just to avoid a pop-pup)

- ace_interact_menu

- ace_interaction

- ace_kestrel4500

- ace_main

- ace_modules

- ace_rangecard

- ace_scopes

- ace_server

- ace_weather

But before to do that, you must check the settings framework and enable AB like this :

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html

Good shot.

Thanks I have just deleted other modules without reconfigurating in editor. Perhaps I don't get something, but when I press F7 in Editor (as it is described in manual) I see nothing like 'Config Export'. I tried it couple of times, saw nothing about any config, although clicked and pressed all buttons which I saw, after that I just deleted unnecessary modules. It seems like AB works fine now and problem which I saw at full ACE package do not appear. Thanks for suggestion.

I got a problem with PMCL used tube, it's not automatically disposed. After use, I've been switching it between rifle, pistol and back to tube, and nothing, only manual disposable works. Is it a problem on my end or you haven't made it to be automatically disposed? 

I was able to resolve the issue with the interaction menu not appearing, but only by wasting basically my entire Saturday reinstalling Arma3 and then redownloading every single mod through PWS' notoriously slow client (even with a premium account...)  My friend is experiencing the same issue loading the same set of mods as me, and my feedback to him has been to just reinstall everything overnight.

I'm unsure why this works but it seems to do the trick.