Wiki

Will you keep buying ArmA games?

Will you still buy ArmA games?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. After the release of Apex, will you keep buying ArmA games?

• Yes of course! I will preorder them!
    • Maybe, but I will wait for feedback first. No preorder nor day 1 for me.
    • No, unless BIS go back to the old mechanics.
    • Never again! I've been too much disappointed.

After the release (and the surprise) of Apex, will you keep buying ArmA games?

I'll wait for the final release to play Apex Protocol, if feedback is not too negative at this time. So I can't say for now.

"Never again! I don't like the new casual path BIS is taking!"

What?

"Never again! I don't like the new casual path BIS is taking!"

What?

Read the Apex Protocol devbranch thread, you'll see.

Suprise?

Read the Apex Protocol feedback thread.

People were surprised about it as they didn't expect something like this.

I'm more surprised by another thinly-veiled "ArmA 4" thread popping up on the forums after what happened to the last 2 (or 3, or 4?)...

Also, the co-op campaign wasn't a surprise (it was advertised as one of the main selling features of the Expansion in one of the very first announcements), I think the surprise stems from it being staged on DevBranch...

• Like 1

I'm more surprised by another thinly-veiled "ArmA 4" thread popping up on the forums after what happened to the last 2 (or 3, or 4?)...

Also, the co-op campaign wasn't a surprise (it was advertised as one of the main selling features of the Expansion in one of the very first announcements), I think the surprise stems from it being staged on DevBranch...

Not about ArmA 4.

It can be about another DLC or another expansion.

Plus, the campaign was sold as coop but also playble in SP - which isn't.

It's too much casual, with revive, not very challenging, etc...

There are many bad ideas - like the Warfare missions in the SP campaign of ArmA 2 - whereas it could have been much better.

• Like 1

I've been playing BIS Games since the OFP Demo ( I remember getting the demo on a CD in PC Gamer B) ), ive loved every game and played countless hours. I own all the the Arma games and I will certainly continue to buy Arma games, im here for the long haul ;)

• Like 16

As a long time supporter, I'll be buying.  Too bloody right!  There are some 'bugs/features' that I'm not too happy with but in the main I'm happy.

• Like 4

Yes I will be picking up Arma 4 with the new Enfusion Engine, but I would like the fidelity and features of the previous arma to be present in arma 4. i want steps forwards not back or revisioned by a few new devs... i want VBS features such as rivers, pounds lakes... a few other things. 

• Like 1

Absolutely I will-Arma 3 is by far the best game I have ever played.It has everything I want-obviously it has issues,but so does every game.

Also-Do we really need another of these threads?There are already several with the exact same title..

• Like 2

As long as it stays moddable, I'm there. Your poll answers could be better though, I don't do pre-orders but I would buy on release ;)

• Like 1

Naturally, I think you would be hard pressed to find a developer so willing to add, adjust, listen, tweak and generally embrace the community... are there issues.. of course... 

I think part of the issue is when you compartmentalize the issue too much... if you base it one one newly released component then of course it can look bad... 

I prefer to look at it as a whole... 

I found the CSAT \ Syndikat a little bizarre as one is very high tech and the other has straw as laces in its sandels... but really it is content to me and as a result.. it adds to what we can do with the game...

and the ability to play the game the way we each want and customize it to the degree we are able is what makes it special...

so in short yes... as fast as paypal confirms the payment...

• Like 3

whats with this extortive wording in the poll?

don't like it? you can go write your own game.

• Like 1

Not about what I like or not.

Just this:

On the devbranch thread, there are some people who are really disappointed about what they experienced with Apex so far.

Just wanted to have a poll to see whether they were a minority of them or not.

If the next game can fully make use of decent computer technology then I'll get it for sure.

• Like 1

Plus, the campaign was sold as coop but also playble in SP - which isn't.

Oh, so you can't play an MP mission on your own? This is news...

I'll keep buying military simulators and the better they are for building team missions the better. I don't laud BI as the amazing company others do, I have too many issues with the way the community is interacted with. So I'll follow the best military simulators and I only hope Arma gains numbers to make a real development company to see some sense to compete and make us a game that runs well. They don't deserve anyone's loyalty.

Absolutely, "ArmA" deserves to be bought, more than many games on the market.

I think it's a subjective question, "ArmA"  is still "ArmA" no matter what some may believe, there is no game on the market to have so many opportunities to create a mission, not to mention mods; what seems to be new is the fact that "ArmA" can be played casually, but in the end the choice It comes from each individual player. In conclusion, the question is subjective.

• Like 2

Oh, so you can't play an MP mission on your own? This is news...

Well, you can play solo but not singleplayer.

The way they made it is not for SP experience.

No save, unlimited respawn, when you respawn you get all your stuff back, if you play solo you're on your own (one man army), etc...

• Like 1

, unlimited respawn, when you respawn you get all your stuff back, if you play solo you're on your own (one man army), etc...

With saving you'd get unlimited loading and getting all your stuff back and be a one man army too? ;)

With saving you'd get unlimited loading and getting all your stuff back and be a one man army too? ;)

Yes, but you would have to revert to a previous position.

Here, you can kill 5 guys, die and respawn, all gear restored. Then you return to combat, the 5 guys still dead, and you continue on.

With savegame system (previous system), you would restore to your last save position, but the enemies still on.

Don't know if you see what I mean

The poll is a bit flawed and suggestive. It sounds like BI completely casualised the game, which is just not true. The biggest part of their playable content might be shit not all that good but the rest of the expansion is true to the series and actually adds quite a lot to the game. For me, Apex brings an awesome island, some overall good yet often recycled assets, and very bad playable content. A mixed bag, not ideal, but still worth the asking price. I'll get my money back in terms of hours of both playing and creating on Tanoa.

• Like 6