solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

On the Apex Release, SPAR-16 and 17 recoil has been changed to a simple up/down. Much appreciated. Cheers!

• Like 1

We'd like to eventually fix the bullets. In most cases, it really isn't that hard, and we like our guns neat. ;) Actually, even some of our older weapons deserve some love in this matter. However, we decided to leave these lower-priority tweaks for after Apex release to conserve time for more urgent fixes and to avoid any unnecessary tinkering with data shortly before release. It usually destroys the universe and whatnot, you know. :)

That's understandable, Thanks

I was waiting for the RPG-7 in the game. But not from mod-makers. From the BIS.
I was hoping to see the good-reload animation for this weapon, because until this day in the any Arma-mod I haven't seen it!
Unfortunatelly, community still does not have good reload animation for RPG-7.

Today on YouTube I saw, that in the Apex was created in an attempt to make a personal reload animation for RPG-7,

but during this reload, the rocket in the hand of the character is missing! After reloading, the rocket just suddenly appears on the tube of the RPG. 
BIS please make finally good and professional reload-animations for RPG-7.
I really hope, that in final version this will be fixed and for the first times, we will be able to see the good and correct reload animation for the RPG-7 in the Arma.

PS: Also from this video I noticed, that at shooting the recoil from most of the new weapons is almost absent!  
This also applies to RPG-7. This is negligible.
I hope in the final version the player will be able to feel the recoil, even if the weapon mounted on a bipods.

Before I reported this, but as it turned out - useless. Yesterday I got the Apex and I saw that reload animation is still ugly! 
I wonder, why it is impossible to make a good animation like in Battlefield?
This is Battlefield3 - 
New feedback was created - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119286

Before I reported this, but as it turned out - useless. Yesterday I got the Apex and I saw that reload animation is still ugly! 

I wonder, why it is impossible to make a good animation like in Battlefield?
This is Battlefield3 - https://youtu.be/8FL8A9ZS4ww?t=776
New feedback was created - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119286

Reason is simple - BF has a better animation system (like any game nowdays), while arma's isn't the best to work with

Reason is simple - BF has a better animation system (like any game nowdays), while arma's isn't the best to work with

while the animation system might be somewhat better, hand animations like the ones in BF3/4 can very much be done just like that in BF3. The issue is the sources available for animatons in some case, as well as the fact that hand reload animations needs to be separatly from the weapon animations (to separate things that needs to be synked...)

@RobertHummer,  probably you are right, however, despite this, we all got good animation for all GL, with Nexus update! 

Remember, what was all GL- reloading animation, before Nexus updates! They were not better than RPG reloading animations.

This means, that BIS can able to make a great animation, if you want it.  ;)

BIS please make this. The animation when working with an RPG-7, should not be worse than in other games

z8MStIJ.jpg

"Shine bright like a diamond".

I like the APEX expansion overall, but why are the weapons so shiny/reflective...

• Like 4

Maybe the Syndicat insurgents decided to apply blued/chrome finnish :D

• Like 1

Please, for the love of God, fix that scope attachment proxy on the HK416A5's, it's a 30 second fix devs.

Did they rename them from the SPR 16's to HK416A5's for the APEX release by the way?

• Like 2

Roadrunner, they're still called SPAR-16 / SPAR-17's. Maybe you have a mod on that gives them the correct name? Would love a link if you can find out what mod it was. 

Please, for the love of God, fix that scope attachment proxy on the HK416A5's, it's a 30 second fix devs.

Did they rename them from the SPR 16's to HK416A5's for the APEX release by the way?

The new ACE does that with its realisticnames.pbo or someshit

• Like 1

"Shine bright like a diamond".

I like the APEX expansion overall, but why are the weapons so shiny/reflective...

Exactly , i was saying that from the start when Apex content came in the dev version

AK-12 is chrome plated atm :D

• Like 3

The new ACE does that with its realisticnames.pbo or someshit

Yep, it's the new ACE that changes the names indeed.

• Like 1

My apologies if this has been posted before:

The iron sights of the AK-12 look very weird: The grain is much too small in comparison to the rear sight.

All the other AK types look better.

My apologies if this has been posted before:

The iron sights of the AK-12 look very wierd: The grain is much too small in comparison to the rear sight.

All the other AK types look better.

Not only this. Why AK-12 has a mirror surface, I can not understand? Should be black and matte.This weapon needs some work. 

Also I noticed, that the machinegun LIM-85 almost  no has recoil, when shooting. This machinegun or air gun, it is not clear.

If firing from this weapon at full zoom, then it looks extremely not good. 

Feedback was created https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119310

Not only this. Why AK-12 has a mirror surface, I can not understand? Should be black and matte.This weapon needs some work. 

Also I noticed, that the machinegun LIM-85 almost  no has recoil, when shooting. This machinegun or air gun, it is not clear.

If firing from this weapon at full zoom, then it looks extremely not good. 

Feedback was created https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119310

Firing a heavier (fairly)low-calibre weapon causes it to be far more controllable. Compared to an m4, firing an m249 is surprisingly stable.

• Like 3

i noticed some problems with heat-maps / IR-maps of certain weapons.

on some - for example the new ctrg light machine gun - some parts are always incorrrectly hot, while other parts don't get warm at all when firing (muzzle, if i remember correctly).

also on the weapons i checked, the expelled bullett casings are not hot - while they should be super, super hot.

sorry for that very unprecise bug report, but i think the issue is very obvious and i hope it doen't need further explanations.

*edit*: ps: stable branch

Yes, I have to agree, the shiny effect on all(?) of the new (and old) weapons is a major turn-off. It becomes visible quite well in low light conditions such as dense jungle.

• Like 3

Firing a heavier (fairly)low-calibre weapon causes it to be far more controllable. Compared to an m4, firing an m249 is surprisingly stable.

I understand, what you're saying.
Logically, more weight needs more to stabilize the weapon. Yes, however, when I use LIM-85, I have no feelings, I shoot from a machine gun. It's not a machine gun. 
Likely the more recol should be to backward, but not upward, as when we shooting from rifles.
For comparison, the firing of the first machineguns ARMA - Zafir, Mk200 or from machineguns from DLC Marksmen, give to player is the greatly more adequate feelings.

I understand, what you're saying.
Logically, more weight needs more to stabilize the weapon. Yes, however, when I use LIM-85, I have no feelings, I shoot from a machine gun. It's not a machine gun. 
Likely the more recol should be to backward, but not upward, as when we shooting from rifles.
For comparison, the firing of the first machineguns ARMA - Zafir, Mk200 or from machineguns from DLC Marksmen, give to player is the greatly more adequate feelings.

If you didn't forget to eat your breakfast you could easily fire the LIM-85 (or the real life counterpart M249 SAW) in full auto while standing upright without worrying about recoil.

It's an awesome weapon.

Cheers

• Like 2

RGz0pdv.png

so like this hasnt been fixed since ever

Nd3UcDu.png

how long are we going to have to put up with this?

• Like 3

so like this hasnt been fixed since ever

how long are we going to have to put up with this?

Oh my eyes , do not show us that ugly suppressor that close up again :P

You forgot one major thing - LIM-85 is a 5.56 LMG , while those other aren't - that's why they kick harder

and it is quite heavy for 5.56 thus making the recoil almost none

• Like 1

Latest dev changed Spar16 mass values to this

SPAR16 - 90 mass
SPAR16GL-110 mass
SPAR16S- 110 mass

closer to the real weights , which is good

but why the Spar17 mass is still unchanged? it is way too heavy
it has 200 mass , while it should have like MXM - 140

also Spar16S can't use 30 rnd stanag magazines , it should be able to use them - all A3 5.56 mags

Changed: SMGs (Sting, Vermin, PDW 2000 and Protector) can now be stored into the vest as well as into the backpack.

@ BI - why not just to able to equip them in AT slot or in Pistol slot? 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T63740

^Something like that but engine based? also with A3 weight/movement penalty with it

• Like 2