solzenicyn

Apex Vehicles Feedback

I see how this can be advantageous, but the fact that this only happens to some people using joysticks makes it look much more like a bug. Unless you have any official information on this of course.

Well it's been like that since Arma 2 (how I used to fly the Osprey), so if it was a bug I'm sure they would have changed it by now. And why change it anyway.. what would be the benefit of removing such an option? I'd much rather, and I'm sure there are many others, angle my own engines than have the computer pick whether I should be in horizontal or vertical flight. 

Well it's been like that since Arma 2 (how I used to fly the Osprey), so if it was a bug I'm sure they would have changed it by now. And why change it anyway.. what would be the benefit of removing such an option? I'd much rather, and I'm sure there are many others, angle my own engines than have the computer pick whether I should be in horizontal or vertical flight. 

frankfranconi refers to it as a 'bug' because this behavior looks unintended, and feels more like a hack...

How do you control both the flaps AND the angle of the propellers on the V-44 Blackfish?

Well that's the thing, it really feels like a very bad solution (if it was intended to be like this in the first place). It's not possible to control the flaps and the propellers at the same time, it's propellers in vectoring and flaps in horizontal flight. And the funny thing is that it's only possible to control the rotor angle manually while using the analogue joystick throttle. If I use the keyboard control for throttle, the flaps action only affects the flaps in both vectoring and normal mode and has no effect on the rotor position.

So effectively, only people with a joystick get access to the manual rotor control? That doesn't make sense at all.

Also, I've been flying the Osprey in A2 as well and interestingly enough I haven't had this kind of issue there. In A2, auto hover as it was called back then, worked perfectly fine for me.

@frankfranconi

Thank you for all the information about the puzzling nozzle/nacelle vectoring behavior and flaps. We'll investigate it. What you're describing really seems unintended.

• Like 2

@frankfranconi

Thank you for all the information about the puzzling nozzle/nacelle vectoring behavior and flaps. We'll investigate it. What you're describing really seems unintended.

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly!

@frankfranconi

But having the ability to control them manually does sound like a neat feature... ;)

Hey guys great work on the V44. Not going to comment on flight model as it seems your aware of transition, however looking toward implementation of a pylon turn feature or integration for the autopilot or AI.

Using this ship as a gunship vehicle would be perfect having a ui or way for the v44 to hold a turn over a map click or set point.

This feature is avaiable and was scripted for older A2 mods with a map and nice interface where you can augment the altitude and radius of the turn. You can also from within the autopilot select a new point to the aircraft to relocate to.

Would be nice to have this intigrated for use as a single pilot without having to only code all this into a mission. I know a revised version ported to A3 is in Fullers USAF in the AC130. Would be a nice feature.

• Like 1

So, the other day, i was just chilling in some North Western island in the Tanoan Archipelago, and i start hearing explosions. Low and behold, an MQ-12 is just obliterating team mates left and right, about wiping out team mates on the entire island. So i got a Titan AA, and fired on it. Direct hit. As i was reloading, the thing just turned to me and instantly rocketed me, and flew on about continuing to massacre team mates. This was on a wasteland server, no mods, no unnecessary scripts.

Question is, is the MQ-12 supposed to be a one man Army? Because that's what it felt like. In fact, it is almost too good, and being able to take a full blown Anti-Air Rocket, is ridiculous, especially for something that size. Not to mention that in Arma 2, planes used to take nearly a single hit from certain types of AA to go down. IS it intentional that it takes so much to down aircraft now as well? I know it's not supposed to be ultra realistic, but most aircraft go down in a single hit, mainly due to either out right being destroyed, or hardware, and control surfaces failing. not that i want that to be detailed or anything, this isn't DCS, but i'm just saying the thing should have fallen out of the sky maybe?

• Like 1

Question is, is the MQ-12 supposed to be a one man Army?

Considering it is roughly the size of a littlebird, that thing should even go down after some amount of small arms fire. I'm pretty confident this is going to be tweaked at some point.

This was on a wasteland server, no mods, no unnecessary scripts.

Do you see the same behavior in the Editor with no mods?

The most important is that you understand what I mean :D

Strange that their hands aren't just on their laps considering the throttle is the black knob.

Bug?

1.62 RC

Blackfish VTOL

Only players in the left and right cargo seats can eject at altitude. All other regular cargo seats unable to eject.

Do you see the same behavior in the Editor with no mods?

I tested the heli drone in the editor one like the first day it was viewable. Took about 300 50 cal hmg rounds to kill it, well it was on the ground. And considering this is a newer version of the curent MQ-8 which has pretty much no armor, this one we have in game is way to durable.

BTW what happened to the floating tracked vehicles? The config ground work is there for months, yet still no system. WTF?

I mean, that was one of the initial "big" things about APEX...

• Like 1

Do they work correctly, though? I know that RHS still didn't fix their BMPs, at least. I'd very much like to see proper amphibious IFVs.

Do they work correctly, though? I know that RHS still didn't fix their BMPs, at least. I'd very much like to see proper amphibious IFVs.

They don't and that's the thing. Ground work is there, but still no system to be adopted by mod makers and no official floating tracks from BI despite year+ old promises of the system and assets.

This is actually a severe "content castration" if that is not going in, and should be talked about.

Yet somehow no one seems to give a crap, and instead focuses on removed openable ramps.  :rolleyes:

I tested the heli drone in the editor one like the first day it was viewable. Took about 300 50 cal hmg rounds to kill it, well it was on the ground. And considering this is a newer version of the curent MQ-8 which has pretty much no armor, this one we have in game is way to durable.

From my tests, it has around the same or somewhat less armor than a blackfoot helicopter, which might make sense for a attack helicopter drone, don't you think?

Also, I seem to have a problem where the mq-12 won't engage a target, it'll just hover there being shot at.

Considering it is roughly the size of a littlebird, that thing should even go down after some amount of small arms fire. I'm pretty confident this is going to be tweaked at some point.

It is hard to say for me if it actually should be that weak

the drone does not have to carry 8 people when maxed out which is ~ 800 kg

that means its engines can take a HUGE amount of armor

and you can notice the sound of reflection when firing light weapons into it

rotor blades should also be very durable by 2035

• Like 1

Hey BI, what about the railgun tank? Will China get the railgun tank? I'd totally dig to see a railgun tank. If you have magic stealth suits that make heat disappear, you can have not-magic railgun tanks too!

• Like 2

Hey BI, what about the railgun tank? Will China get the railgun tank? I'd totally dig to see a railgun tank. If you have magic stealth suits that make heat disappear, you can have not-magic railgun tanks too!

;_;

I haven't found the control setting to enablde/disable this so called "vectoring" of the VTOLs. It seems to be bound to "X", which is quite unfortunate since that's my thrust key. Has anybody got an idea how I can change that?

I haven't found the control setting to enablde/disable this so called "vectoring" of the VTOLs. It seems to be bound to "X", which is quite unfortunate since that's my thrust key. Has anybody got an idea how I can change that?

You can manually edit your profile file ('45' means 'x'):

keyVTOLVectoring[]={45};

keyVTOLVectoringCancel[]={45};

• Like 1

"was never properly simulated" ... lol. As if Tank APFSDS projectiles are properly simulated in terms of damage to stuff (or damage in gneral)

Just click on actionmenu-> autohover. This does exactly what pressing x does.
  • Like 1

Just click on actionmenu-> autohover. This does exactly what pressing x does.

It's not about activating or deactivating vectoring. It's about having it being activated everytime I press X, which is bad. Manually editing the profile file is fine and all, but that should definitely find it's way into the controls menu.

have you tried changing autohover button for helicopters? Because that's changeable and on x. It's just not featured in the plane controlls iirc.