solzenicyn

Apex Vehicles Feedback

Vehicles Sounds

Prowler = Good

Qilin = BAD (sounds for the Pick-Up Truck reused)

MB 4WD = BAD (sounds for the Pick-Up Truck reused)

Xi'an = BAD (It sounds like the UAV fan mixed with the weak sound of a jet engine. Given the size and capability of the aircraft, it should sound much more powerful, and
due to the combination of fan and jet engine, and based on the size of the fan, it should be a powerful higher toned whine, but the jet engine should sound more apparent, sort of like a turbo prop, but more powerful sounding.)

V-44X BlackFish = BAD (same thing as the Xi'an, it sounds like any other heli in the game, and not unique. In fact almost all helicopters sound the exact same during start up, or when running, and this is a major issue with the series)

MQ-12 Falcon = BAD (sounds exactly like other NATO heli AH-99,  but with smaller rotor's, it should have more of a higher pitched whine, but since the design is to minimize sounds, the volume is good)
  • Like 2

Well, with the work they made for Tanoa, I can understand that they had less time for vehicles and weapon sounds.

The civilian plane should really not have barefooted surfer dudes as pilots.

I think the casual clothes would be much better suited for the task.

Also, I don't really see the reason to have two pilots in as a default, since the copilot doesn't really have any sort of function, but that's me nit-picking.

Well, with the work they made for Tanoa, I can understand that they had less time for vehicles and weapon sounds.

I don't!! We pay more then enough for APEX, then we can atleast expect propper vehicle and weapon sounds/textures/features

• Like 1

The water scooter accelerates and decelerates too quickly.

Also, top speed is way to slow (currently 60km/h). Should be about twice as fast.

Both the PWC and the RHIB currently have horribly awkward, buggy and unauthentic handling.

• Like 1

Also, top speed is way to slow (currently 60km/h). Should be about twice as fast.

Yeah, seems they really should go much faster.

Found 7x problems/erros/ with the Blackfish Variants. Also yes these problems/errors happen on Vanilla maps and with everything vanilla, I just happen to remember to take the screens while running mods. 

OCCURS = Happens when flying the aircraft

DOES NOT OCCUR = Doesn't happen when flying the aircraft

-----------------------------------

Throttle control panel is not visible in 3rd person, as you can see. 

Blackfish Infantry Transport - OCCURS

Blackfish Vehicle Cargo - OCCURS

Blackfish Armed - OCCURS

Obvious, hole in the back of the aircraft at ramp swivel/joint. 

Blackfish Vehicle Cargo - OCCURS

Blackfish Armed - OCCURS

Props vanish when looking over the water horizon, happens in 3rd person mostly, can't get a 1st person angle to confirm whether it happens in 1st as well. 

Blackfish Infantry Transport - OCCURS

Blackfish Armed - OCCURS

Props not visible in 1st person, only visible in the Armed variant

Blackfish Infantry Transport - OCCURS

Blackfish Armed - DOES NOT OCCUR

As you can see on the far left, the prop seems to pass behind the engine when in 1st person. 3rd person is fine. (For some unknown bloody reason, the imgur link, regardless of what I put, keeps linking back to the image above, for me anyway...)

Blackfish Infantry Transport - Cant see props

Blackfish Vehicle Cargo - Cant see props

Blackfish Armed - OCCURS

EDIT 1:

Co-pilots feet merge into the pedals, as you can see in the image. 

Blackfish Armed - OCCURS

EDIT 2: 

Co-Pilot doesn't move then stick when taking controls, neither does the main pilot. Also feet through pedals like above. 

Blackfish Armed - OCCURS

Are the VTOL's not supposed to have any "lock-on"/missile warning at all? When being fired at by AA missiles there's no warning at all.

Also the helicopter UAV doesn't work at all. Engine starts and throttles up then it bugs out, engine turns off, and you're stuck inside it with no way to control it.

2 players occupying same seat(fire from vehicle pos)-Pilot side rear seat.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/259335280248411786/BAA83565864E9D67DE46990A8D07F5160C18A94F/

Sry BlackFish infantry transport aircraft :D

I found the same problem with CSAT VTOL. Left (looking from the ramp) FFV position overlaps a regular cargo seat.

MQ-12 Falcon behaves like the darter UAV which makes it super hard to control. It just feels like it weights a few kilos rather than a big armed UAV.

Also some sort of HUD for the Driver Camera would be good, now you only got a plain camera.

• Like 3

When seated in the rear of the Caesar BTT you can see instrument panel through the seats:

http://imgur.com/zAM0gjC

Player is resistant to damage from propeller blades:

:)

Prowler PhysX is horrible.

brakeIdleSpeed too high

Gearbox is wonky

MOI too low

changeGearMinEffectivity should not be 1

PhysX in general:
Please reconsinder making the rear tyres having more grip than the front tyres. That's, first and foremost, the issue with the MB 4WD. Usually, on front engined vehicles, the front axel takes more weight in normal driving conditions than the rear axle. Hence frictionVsSlipGraph should be switched between both axles in cfgWheels. I happily donate the PhysX I already did for some APEX vehicles to the devs, if wanted. Tanoa needs propper PhysX to make driving fun.

It's also now the perfect time to overhaul the Offroads PhysX in order to make it slide lesser.....

Furthermore the materials for all VTOLs should be tweaked. They are WAY too glossy.

• Like 8

Also the helicopter UAV doesn't work at all. Engine starts and throttles up then it bugs out, engine turns off, and you're stuck inside it with no way to control it.

works fine for me on sneak preview branch. Only tried it once though.

works fine for me on sneak preview branch. Only tried it once though.

Works fine, but you do need to control it with a terminal otherwise you'll get stuck once you crash.

Vehicle armament:

• Y-32 Xi'an is currently using the same cannon used by Kajman (30mm caseless). I think it should have its own unique feel to it instead of being a copypasted 30mm 3-barrel gatling from Mi-48; it looks differently on the model so it should be re-configured and it should sound different, too. I thought it was 40mm from the screenshots, but if you're keeping it 30 then please at least reconfigure it so it handles like an autocannon, not a gatling.
  • V-44 X Blackfish has some weird optics offsets, some weapon systems are covering like half of your FOV when taking aim.
  • Prowler LSV should care some more spare belts for the .50, and I think the variant with NV optics is unnecessary, plain old ironsights would do the trick imo
  • It should be possible to turn out in Prowler LSV to use FFV features available in the civillian jeep. Currently the angles are somewhat limited, turning out would certainly help with that
  • Quilin's minigun deals AoE damage like it was a 20mm.

I would also love to see some more vehicle variants, e.g. stuff like LSV AT/AA titan carriers, etc. but sadly, I know it's not going to happen :unsure:

Also, VTOLs could use a HUD indicator showing you wether you are in vertical or horizontal flight mode ("auto hover")

Thanks for everything, love the new vehicles.

• Like 1

Bug with new Opfor drone:

if playing as a hostile faction, the drone will attempt to shoot you even when it's not in the air, this leads to it destroying itself over and over again.

to clarify:

Opfor drone spawned,

Blufor unit enters drones view,

Opfor drone will try to kill unit with missiles,

Opfor drone is on the ground so the missile blows up directly in front of it and kills itself.

The Blackfish doesn|t play too well with AI, it just rams itself into hills etc. on default seek and destroy wp while trying to attack with its side guns. Reporting back with more findings later.

• Like 1

Would be really cool if the Blackfish infantry transport had 2 extra rows of seats going down the middle of the cargo bay like this.

• Like 4

The Blackfish doesn|t play too well with AI, it just rams itself into hills etc. on default seek and destroy wp while trying to attack with its side guns. Reporting back with more findings later.

+1

The VTOLs AI seem to be unable to land anywhere without crashing but on predefined helipads. The autolanding option will always lead to a nice explosion.

The 4W MB AI crash always while turning, even in safe.

The 4W MB passenger FFV are wrong, the passangers sit few cm in front of the seat, and when they "turn out" their feet are flying (if lowered a bit they would be perfect with thr feet on the seat).

PS: I was testing without mods, only APEX sneak preview.

Would be really cool if the Blackfish infantry transport had 2 extra rows of seats going down the middle of the cargo bay

I think that space is meant to be for light vehicles or crates.
  • Like 1

Increase the acceleration (or max speed) of the unarmed vehicles

I think that space is meant to be for light vehicles or crates.

I thought they were only doing ViV transport with the ViV version of the aircraft