.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

scottb613

faction names have not changed. best join the discord from ALiVE or check the above mission how it was done

SG_STURM

Nice to see they kept the SG in.

:)

• Like 1

Quality work has timeless beauty.  :)

Quality work has timeless beauty.  :)

Your a timeless beauty! :)

Preview v8 is out

Updated link to mega in the first post.
Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Summary

It has been three weeks since the last update and we have been very working hard in the meantime.
As a result this is a fairly big update - the highlights are as follows:

1. Performance

Thanks to LODU all infantry weapons models have been optimized.
US and German infantry models have also undergone a revision.

Basically you may get 5-10% more FPS, if models are in lower LODs (level of detail) - in other words further away.
Most improvement at large distances as additional RES LODs were added and the polycount for the lower RES LODs reduced.

Mf2Hs1s.png

Video samples made by Dmorok:

A set of scenic screenshots with the improved assets:

aeAjYwA.jpg

Click the image to visit the gallery. Images by Jegor.

2. New sounds

Thanks to Megagoth1702 the soundscape of Iron Front is finally getting its deserved attention.
You will be able to enjoy the new MG42 and SVT weapon sounds. All planes and their weapons have been redone (some partially still WIP).
There is more - new hit sounds for infantry, new bullet crack sounds and the infamous M1 grand ping will bring pleasure to your ears!

Sample videos with developer commentary and in-depth demonstration:

More demo videos in our youtube channel.

3. Winter reskins

Thanks to theOden most tanks, the Sd.Kfz. 251, the German Wehrmacht and TankTroops infantry,
as well as the RKKA infantry are available in winter camo.

Sw4tE6P.jpg

Click the image to visit the gallery. Images by Jegor.

We hope to expand the set to the remaining assets soon.

Btw if you are looking for winter terrains, we recommend you Chernarus Winter by ArmanIII and Arthyc,
or LostIsland by Cype_Revenge, or Helvantis by Animander, or Winter Town by ArmanIII, or finally one
of Arma masterpieces - Thirsk Winter by Raunhofer.

Or try some A2 winter terrains together with CUP terrain pack, if you cant get enough. :)

4. CUP (Terrain Pack) compatibility

Finally you are able to run IF3 alongside with CUP (Terrain Pack) without issues (*a few warnings remain
if the load order is not correct). As sideeffect we dropped all unused old A2 assets and as a result IFA3
weights a couple of hundred megabytes less.

As extra goody (SP only for now) you try a special set of the IFA3 terrains that use objects/buildings/vegetation
from CUP instead. Make sure to load these via an extra modfolder, like @IFA3CUP, and to have this modfolder
loaded before IFA3 LITE.

---
Full changelog in the second post.

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.
  • Like 2

Loving the update! Especially the fact that terrains now can use CUP assets.

Wish terrains would become separate dl alltogether (somewhat like CUP does it)

Is there a possibility for a Flak-30? Literally a config-mod for slower RoF on a Flak-38 and nothing more.

For reference:

in short: Flak-30 = 120 rpm; Flak-38 = 220 rpm. The appearance is identical, so only rof config mod is needed.

Small note: Flakvierling was only armed with 38 versions (as already correctly depicted ingame)

Best of luck in further developements!

@ bars91

Read the first post again about our plans with terrains. ;)

---

If you want to measure your FPS after the optimizations yourself:

Basically you have the assets put into the VR world at close range with a camera zooming out more and more

to have the models gets showing in lower resolution LODs. Your fps gets logged to rpt for each step.

In the init.sqf you can change the asset duplicate at the top; Also if screenshots are to be made from each step (requires dev branch).
If you are into sqf and configs a bit, you can also adjust the filters below (isKindOf/in ARRAY).

Feedback how to improve the FPS test mission is welcome!

Hi thanks for the update, really like the new sounds for mg42.

I was trying some of the tanks in zeus, but every time i remote controlled in a tank, i got this error message:

"Error in expression <;default {[0, 0, 0, 0]};};_Dialog drawIcon[(getText (_Config/"Layers"/_x>
Error position: <drawIcon[(getText (_Config/"Layers"/_x>
Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
File WW2\Core_f\System_Tank_Interface_f\Draw_HUD.sqf, line 159"

And when im in the tank, i dont get any crosshair.

Also when i start the mod with cup terrains i get this error:

"Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Hotfix_Config' requires addon 'CA_Anims_Char'"

I use pws to run the mods and game.

Thanks again for this mod.

Sixt

sixt

Can you please post the exact reproduction steps for ZEUS to get the error. Thanks!

Also please upload the rpt file from a session with that CUP error.

I set up an german mg camo dude on the Omaha map, run zeus via mcc. Put an m4 sherman on the map, remote controlled to the gunner in the sherman where i got the error message. After that i tried with a stug 3 and got the same error.

Im running it with ace, dont know if that can influence the error.

i would like to attach the rpt, but dont know how?

here i got a google disk link to the rpt:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9KbSZOtgEmKX1drak43MWt1ZVE&usp=drive_web&pli=1&ddrp=1#

Edit:

I get the same error without ace, and also get the error when i try to remote control a plane. Another thing, im using the APEX sneak preview version of the game.

Have the Dragons teeth been removed or am I missing something?  I can't seem to find them anywhere.  

Hello there

Im replying to a post that may have been removed due to image file size and the issue may have been fixed by the hotfix, but im finding all weapons are firing correctly from the muzzle unlike the removed posters issue.

Like him/her, im also running the sneak peek and have no issues whatsoever.

Rgds

LoK

Ignore the above, it was for a different WW2 mod. Im a silly muffin.

L

@ sixt

Thanks for the repro - will look into it.

Can you please upload the rpt on pastebin or another site that doesnt require an account to view/download.

@ gerhart

Sorry I have no idea what you are talking about. :)

Dragons teeth are the concrete almost square blocks that were used in WW2 to stop tanks and other vehicles.  I used a couple in that Blitzkrieg mission I made but it wouldn't load because they are now missing.  I had to reopen it up with the new update and save it without them so that it would work.  

I believe they were found under props/structures/village or military I can't remember which,  in the editor but I can't find them anywhere now.

@ gerhart

I see. You need to provide the class name or model name.

We have removed all data that was not used by IF itself.

I loaded up version 7 and looked in the editor for those.  I hope this is what you need, there are two of them a big and small.  Dragon Teeth Hhedgehog_ConcreteBig and Dragon Teeth (small) Hhedgehog_Concrete.

Hello, congratulations for the great work you are doing. I want to know to install v8 , you must delete the v7 or can overwrite above . I also wanted you to confirm if this is the correct load order :

-mod = @ CBA_A3 ; @ ifa3lite ; @ Task_Force_Radio_A3 ; @CUP_Terrains

@ gerhart

Thanks - will be hotfixed today.

@ histeria6363

Correct. Thats the recommended.

Another hotfix has been released to addressed the mission loading issues.

Steam, withSix and link to mega have been updated.

• Like 1

Wow that is very kind of you kju, thank you.  The team is doing a fantastic job on the mod, it's coming along nicely.  

Is there anywhere that known issues are listed?  Such as the German grenades not having an explosive effect but they do have the shrapnel effect.  I don't want to mention something that is already known and be a pain in the ass to you guys.

Kju thanks , then I have to overwrite the v7.

I have done the test with the load order , the stug and JS22 not let me as a driver, we will have to wait for the update of the tanks.

grenades error also happens to me.

the bug grenades also happens to me

the bug grenades also happens to me

Hi Folks,

Hah - got ALiVE working on my machine and I must say - it makes an impressively realistic WWII experience with your mod... Thanks one and all for all your contributions... Really appreciated folks...

Guess you know about the duplicated reload sounds playing on many of the rifles ???

Question: Where are the IFL3 ammo boxes to resupply troops ???

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk