Japan - Zero

Canada - hah

Russia - AK47, Su-27

Germany - King Tiger

Sweden - JA 37 Viggen

Norway - F16

USA - Aicraft carriers

lol about the hockey stick unjamming, Tovarish biggrin.gif

BTW, I cant believe that these small (ok, I dont know too much about sub sizes), outdated & secondhand, subs:

_1861686_windsor300.jpg

-costs about Å83m each! Either the total sum (Å 332m) must have included bigger models, and/or alot of service equipment etc was sold with them....

USA - Abrams/B2/F-22/Apache/World-Wide Nuclear Delivery Capability

Russia - Undertrained farmboys with AK74s jogging in their sweat pants (Russian military has allowed personal clothing to substitute uniforms because of defense budget cuts)

China - Underfed hordes of millions driving relic T-55s running on alcohol-enriched rice.

Germany - Advanced military technology kept on leash by the UN and NATO to prevent this country from trying to take over the world for the 3rd time.

Canada - French and British band of brothers who always seem to die of US bombs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 26 2002,18:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DracoPaladore @ Oct. 27 2002,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The British government assured them that they would be handled carefully. Only to get them with dents, holes, leaks, dangoures leaks(holes and dents) and lots of problems.

Makes you think that Blair hates us, eh?<span id='postcolor'>

Never heard of cash on delivery? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately, the British have heard of "Sold As-Is"! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 27 2002,03:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 26 2002,18wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DracoPaladore @ Oct. 27 2002,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The British government assured them that they would be handled carefully. Only to get them with dents, holes, leaks, dangoures leaks(holes and dents) and lots of problems.

Makes you think that Blair hates us, eh?<span id='postcolor'>

Never heard of cash on delivery? <!--emo&wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately, the British have heard of "Sold As-Is"! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

.....and no "fourteen days money back guarantee".

I suppose it's not like selling "The Flying Lure" on TV-Shop!

smile.gif

Well we just took delivery of some shiny new subs, so we had to offload our old kit on someone!

Besides, they were in perfect nick when we sold them. We can't take responsibilty for damage caused in transit! Must have been the delivery men throwing them around!

That reminds me when we sold a load of Type 21's (Death Traps. We lost a few in Falklands thanks to the worst SAM system ever devised), to India. The Indians also loaded all the equipment they needed to service the ships etc, as well as their other purchases.....

Sadly they didn't seem to realise that you can't just stuff warships full of equipment and sail them around.... The ship was so top heavy, it hit a swell, capsized and sank....

Luckily, we had already been paid smile.gif

Britain:Mk. 4 Lee Enfield, Lancaster, Paratroopers

New Zealand:That tank we made back in WW2 that was armoured with corrogated iron and armed with machine guns.... plus the Royal New Zealnd Sand kicking battalion(a dig on something Paratrooper said a while back)

Germany: Focke Wulf-190, and any tank from late '30's onward

America:B-17, B52 and UH-1 Huey

Russia:Kalishnakovs, tanks, fighter planes and SAMs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Oct. 27 2002,02:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DracoPaladore @ Oct. 27 2002,01:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Russian- V-2<span id='postcolor'>

uhhhhhhh....the V-2 was one of the Hitler's "Vengeance" weapons actually<span id='postcolor'>

My bad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wreck-It @ Oct. 27 2002,05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Canada - Choppers falling out of the sky..  Or can't fly. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL who woke you up? biggrin.gif Good to see ya again smile.gif

USA: Bombs wink.gif

UK: Higgins from "Magnum P.I." tounge.gif

Germany: mexikanisch abmunitionieren (empty your magazine by shooting in the air) biggrin.gif

Russia: nuclear waste, decaying fleet in the docks confused.gif

iraq:

irak.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Oct. 27 2002,15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Germany: mexikanisch abmunitionieren (empty your magazine by shooting in the air) biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Could you explain that one?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (arkadeyevich @ Oct. 27 2002,21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Oct. 27 2002,15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Germany: mexikanisch abmunitionieren (empty your magazine by shooting in the air) biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Could you explain that one?<span id='postcolor'>

you are a on the shooting range and fire off some rounds. after you're finished you can empty your mag by shooting into the air because the instructors are too lazy to count the ammo which is left over. tounge.gif

i haven't been in the army yet but i've heard about this.

mexikanisch abmunitionieren = the "mexican" way to empty your mag biggrin.gif

A German friend of mine told that they drink a lot in the Bundeswehr. I think that's why there are cases of wine inside Leopard 1A5 in the Bundeswehr mod wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mexikanisch abmunitionieren <span id='postcolor'>

Losely translated = A "Mexican Unload"

We have sayings like that here as well, I have heard things like: A "Palistinian Unload", and "Pakistani Unload" and so on.

All three of them mean to unload your rifle in an unprofessional manner.

Anyways:

Canada: we have weapons now?

U.S.: Diarrhea and pain beams.

Russia: Rocks (WW2 style)

Italy: The Carcano carbine that Oswald shot kennedy with.

Japan: People (WW2 style)

China: Old modified Russian equipment

Germany: The MG3

England: The Lee-Enfield

Ireland: Molotov cocktails, and other assorted explosives.

That's all for now.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Oct. 28 2002,13:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">China: Old modified Russian equipment<span id='postcolor'>

Thats half true, they also have quite a lot of modern equipment as I pointed out the other day. Most of it is not in wide spread service yet, buts its getting there.

And to add another country in

Vietnam: The Viet Cong.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A German friend of mine told that they drink a lot in the Bundeswehr. I think that's why there are cases of wine inside Leopard 1A5 in the Bundeswehr mod<span id='postcolor'>

I can confirm this; when I was in the army this summer a group of 6 german soldiers stayed at our garrison for two weeks. They were in Finland to recondition an old german military graveyard near Helsinki. I guess they did that during daytime, but boy they were drunk every night. Apparently they had arrived by a boat, because their room was full of tax-free beer. Once the tax-free beer was consumed, they moved to the nearby cafe to get themselves totally wasted smile.gif

And, what comes to my mind when I think about different equipment:

Russia: Buk-M1 (SA-11 Gadfly)

USA: Marines

Finland: Sisu XA-185

France: Crotale NG

Germany: Leopard 2A4

Israel: Merkava

Sweden: CV90

UK: Harrier

Iraq: Scud

Belgium : FN

Germany : WW2 Armor, HK and Strüdel ( oh how i miss Strüdel sad.gif )

France : Famas, Legion

USA : SR-71 ( damn sexy plane )

Russia : SAM's

Israel : Merkeva ( where did that addon endup anyway ? :o )

Spain : That F18 that comes in low over the beach at Torrevieja whenever i m there ( crazy bastard

tounge.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Oct. 28 2002,12:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Germany : WW2 Armor, HK and Strüdel ( oh how i miss Strüdel sad.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

what the...?confused.gifwow.gif

it's called "Strudel".

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Oct. 28 2002,15:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Oct. 28 2002,12wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Germany : WW2 Armor, HK and Strüdel ( oh how i miss Strüdel sad.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

what the...?confused.gifwow.gif

it's called "Strudel".

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

and what's the "Strudel" ?

Dont care how it s spelled, by the time i pronounce it it s already aten tounge.gif

Strudel is a German ( i think ) cake with light brown sugar, at least, that s how i remember it. They sometimes fill it up with cherry or other fruits. Really really nice.

Also a brilliant dish is Austrian "Germ Knödles" ( spelling ? ). This is sooooo yummie, and it looks strange. It looks like a tit with purple sauce on it and cigarette ashes ( lol, ... it really does )

Sry to be a "little" oftopic, but they asked tounge.gif

Germany: Mg42, Mg3, leopard, tiger.

USA: M16, F16, aircraft carriers, Marines.

Denmark: Jaegersoldaterne (spec ops), Mg3, Leopard, M-75(95).

Sweden: Denoir. tounge.gif

Russia: AK series, Military parades.

Japan: Kamikazi pilots.

France: The foreing legion.

UK: SAS.

Hey Ran, what's wrong?  Are you a bit sick?  Or is there a problem?  

This thread has been open for 3 days now and you still haven't posted:

Belgium: pommes de terre launcher

biggrin.gifwink.gif

Perhaps someone should call a doctor...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Oct. 28 2002,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Ran, what's wrong?  Are you a bit sick?  Or is there a problem?  

This thread has been open for 3 days now and you still haven't posted:

Belgium: pommes de terre launcher

biggrin.gifwink.gif

Perhaps someone should call a doctor...<span id='postcolor'>

was just taking my time to think about something funny

maybe the MPFLS : Multiple Pommes Frites Launcher System

or even the FN PFR , FN Pommes Frites Rifle

or the high powered sniper rifle chambered in 20.50x50.20 Nato mussel