Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

So far the content looks great. Something for everyone (old, current and future stuff). However I had kinda hoped for a NATO - light fighter.

I was hoping for a two seater bomber jet. One player flying and communicating with those on ground. one player Co pilot operating the new targeting pod.

Ah maybe some other time.

For now I feel a little bit disappointed by the absence of armoured vehicles.

Tbh i wasn't really expecting armoured vehicles, they would be so restricted in terms of movement for obvious reasons,

Tbh i wasn't really expecting armoured vehicles, they would be so restricted in terms of movement for obvious reasons,

Expecting, no, but that doesn't mean you can't be disappointed. I would have wanted to get a full-fledged faction added, meaning an MBT, APC, IFW, Transport helo, gunship, boats, etc. Sure, the use of that might be limited on Tanoa, but there are community maps and let's face it, 95% of the appeal of this game IS community content. It would have been nicer than ending up with a half-made faction.

Look at BAF or ACR DLC in Arma 2. You got the complete factions, including all support vehicles, and in different camos (DPM, DDPM and MTP for Brits for example), plus woodland and desert camo vehicles. That's what I loved about these DLC's. You got something that went beyond what the campaign needed. BAF came with one small terrain, and its campaign was completely based on Takistan, yet you had DPM and MTP units to be used on other maps. It made things appear more "valuable", if you get what I mean.

With the way that Apex turns out, it looks like the bare minimum. Which, in a way, is fine; I suppose the terrain was the most work on the Expansion anyway. But it leaves you with the feeling that something is missing.

Don't get me wrong.I am not complaining and I am looking forward to Apex, and I'll love making missions on Tanoa. It's just, like I said, that with the BAF DLC you had the feeling you got more, mostly because, well, you DID get more.

so with tanoa and all those handeld weapons, we are able to play pratically every scenario that we want or can imagine

Expecting, no, but that doesn't mean you can't be disappointed. I would have wanted to get a full-fledged faction added, meaning an MBT, APC, IFW, Transport helo, gunship, boats, etc. Sure, the use of that might be limited on Tanoa, but there are community maps and let's face it, 95% of the appeal of this game IS community content. It would have been nicer than ending up with a half-made faction.

Look at BAF or ACR DLC in Arma 2. You got the complete factions, including all support vehicles, and in different camos (DPM, DDPM and MTP for Brits for example), plus woodland and desert camo vehicles. That's what I loved about these DLC's. You got something that went beyond what the campaign needed. BAF came with one small terrain, and its campaign was completely based on Takistan, yet you had DPM and MTP units to be used on other maps. It made things appear more "valuable", if you get what I mean.

With the way that Apex turns out, it looks like the bare minimum. Which, in a way, is fine; I suppose the terrain was the most work on the Expansion anyway. But it leaves you with the feeling that something is missing.

Don't get me wrong.I am not complaining and I am looking forward to Apex, and I'll love making missions on Tanoa. It's just, like I said, that with the BAF DLC you had the feeling you got more, mostly because, well, you DID get more.

I fully understand where you are coming from man, i too see that it is bare minimum in terms of content yet i still don't feel ripped off, 30 USD for 10 vehicles, 13 weapons, helmets , accessories etc etc is not bad, let's not forget that map either ay? To restate i see what you mean to an extent and i will also love making missions on this map aswell.

so with tanoa and all those handeld weapons, we are able to play pratically every scenario that we want or can imagine

Holy crap is that your first non troll comment?

BI already stated that they won't be adding in air superiority fighters into Arma. I think they made this decision because it wasn't needed or because the map is too small.

I was talking about a light fighter e.g. like some future version of a VTOL JAS-39 (used by thailand currently) or Tornado (Ok, not so light, but... CTRG) or something. Currently BLUFOR don´t have a decent CAP airplane and it would be sweet to balance CSAT/NATO missions with some top cover for the attack aircrafts. 

I know the Arma flight model is pretty far from being even close to a sim, but it´s still pretty sweet when you have fixed wings supporting infantry and they´re still fun enough to play.

Oh, and they gave CSAT a new one... :)

I was talking about a light fighter e.g. like some future version of a VTOL JAS-39 (used by thailand currently) or Tornado (Ok, not so light, but... CTRG) or something. Currently BLUFOR don´t have a decent CAP airplane and it would be sweet to balance CSAT/NATO missions with some top cover for the attack aircrafts. 

I know the Arma flight model is pretty far from being even close to a sim, but it´s still pretty sweet when you have fixed wings supporting infantry and they´re still fun enough to play.

Oh, and they gave CSAT a new one... :)

This is just my opinion here but: I am fine with Arma only including CAS Fixed Wings, air to air combat really hasn't ever been a thing in Arma and quite frankly it isn't that up to scratch either. I get where you are coming from though, more variety in terms of aircraft would be great.

Try to stay on topic now, no need for flame-bating remarks. If forum members are unable to stay on topic, posts maybe removed and forum punishments will be issued. 

• Like 1

My Steam downloads 4.9 GB update. You know what it means...

ZQjlmSB.png

CONFIRMED...Hope it works fingers crosed :D

Lucky son of a bitch with that 5.2mb a second download.. i am stuck with my 1mb per sec E_E

Well if it is true about AKU, AKM and RPG-7 plus Pacific ocean island, that is enough for me to seriously considered to buy Apex. I'll still wait until more official info is given. Now all we need is Dutch and Predator. As for Tanoa map, settings reminds me of Crysis ... 

• Like 2

that definitely was worth the wait!!!
Congrats BIS!!!

You mean like updated versions of these:

sideshow_viper-03.jpg

If so it should be a third or forth faction that would go up against CSAT and NATO! Sorry if it shows my age. :D

Thanks for the info! Going to clear up a bunch of old useless data or just buy a new SSD if need be.

Nah, I think the Viper unit might look a little more like...

http://img04.deviantart.net/5c98/i/2013/238/a/9/near_future_pla_sof_by_aisxos-d6jrwih.jpg

The sheer amount of new island assets in this DLC makes it worth every penny imho. Aside from the office building, barracks, radar and things like that, everything is new. Three story plaza's, small apartment complexes, four lane roads, even parking meters...a lot of effort went into Tanoa. This isn't even taking into account the jungle. Best jungle map ever.

Very impressed.

no but you are so young.........

Well if it is true about AKU, AKM and RPG-7 plus Pacific ocean island, that is enough for me to seriously considered to buy Apex. I'll still wait until more official info is given. Now all we need is Dutch and Predator. As for Tanoa map, settings reminds me of Crysis ... 

While Bluefor fights Opfor in Tanoa for that strange device Kerry steals for Miller in East Wind campaign, unexpectedly shows up CEPH.

Its annoying that only a small amout of the existing buildings are enterable. I hope that they fix it in the future like for the skyscraper buildings or the shops.

Line 656 in the XML references a sate helemet.

OMG SPECIAL FORCES SKATE HELMETS CONFIRMED (hopefully its matte black or grey XD)

As there is a gendarmerie class, do you think we'll have the gendarmerie SF like the GIGN in France?

As there is a gendarmerie class, do you think we'll have the gendarmerie SF like the GIGN in France?

Fingers crossed if not for now, at least for a later content pack :)

I wonder when units will be staged. My bet is next week.