Guys this is sad news indeed. I'm sorry this happened to you.

This has not only happened to this team but to a few other teams. It is really sad.

What was going to be in this big update?

Just some general fixes.

• Like 1

Just some general fixes.

There was also the planned addition of some vehicles, the fleshing out of US and GER, and a small amount of weapons

Unfortunately, as the PR chap, I have to confirm this mod team is now dead and no longer developing - I'm not even going to dress up the reasons why. Several members have decided to go off to other projects, all at once, and have in the process killed one of the most promising mods I have ever had the pleasure to work on out of spite.

With less than half of us remaining (some of us like myself who are only there to advise and assist and can't do the technical stuff), it has been be grudgingly decided not to continue.

We are sorry to disppoint y'all, but this is well out of our hands. I'm now going to go to the pub, where I shall remain until the end of time.

Shame to see this happen and that the mod won't come to fruition but thanks all the same for your hard work. As demoralizing as something like this can be, from my point of view as a greedy and soulless consumer of your work, I'd like to urge you guys to take a step back before you pull the plug on this completely. From everything I've read both on this thread and others, a lot of people feel the same about War Chronicles as I do and despite what's just happened you may well be able to move on in some form, even if not the same. If not I respect your decision and thank you again for what you've provided us (especially your sweet pinging M1 and BAR with the adjustable rate of fire, really loved those).

Shame to see this happen and that the mod won't come to fruition but thanks all the same for your hard work. As demoralizing as something like this can be, from my point of view as a greedy and soulless consumer of your work, I'd like to urge you guys to take a step back before you pull the plug on this completely. From everything I've read both on this thread and others, a lot of people feel the same about War Chronicles as I do and despite what's just happened you may well be able to move on in some form, even if not the same. If not I respect your decision and thank you again for what you've provided us (especially your sweet pinging M1 and BAR with the adjustable rate of fire, really loved those).

We would love to but with another team working on things theres little point for us to go on.

well looking at it the others don't seem to be as accurate as you guys were aiming for. Like i'm sure mcaber would agree. I understand where you guys are coming from, but i do hope you don't decide to give up. You were striving for something glorious.

well, some good news is coming of this I suppose (that's definitely not subtly hinting at anything....)

Why not join Faces of War / Westwall / Hell in the Pacific?

I'm very sad to hear this. I hope that massive effort goes onto live again under another guise. Bravo for having the strength to continue. I'm sure that you'll rise phoenix-like from the ashes. Remember that which does not kill us only makes us stronger!

This is really dissapointing...it was the only chance to make ArmA interesting again...all the daily checking to see how the mod is going and hoping for some more beautiful assets to be added in just collapsed....since it got that far, at least upload the final version on playwithsix and on steam workshop so all of us can keep enjoying your fantastic work and effort (some of us can only launch it from workshop and some only from PWS).

We're not supporting the WII branch of War Chronicles anymore, and as such we have no reason to upload to steam or play with six

As for a merger, many of our assets were taken to faces of war who managed to take 15+ of our members, also attempting to manipulate other members to leave, lying and exaggerating our downfall to make themselves more appealing, and as such we who remain will not be dealing with them in any way shape or form, and we have no assets that would benefit HiP at this time so there's no point in us merging with them either

We're not supporting the WII branch of War Chronicles anymore, and as such we have no reason to upload to steam or play with six

As for a merger, many of our assets were taken to faces of war who managed to take 15+ of our members, also attempting to manipulate other members to leave, lying and exaggerating our downfall to make themselves more appealing, and as such we who remain will not be dealing with them in any way shape or form, and we have no assets that would benefit HiP at this time so there's no point in us merging with them either

Well, actually, who left decided it for a reason and maybe you could be the reason, or your attitude, who knows.

Just to clarify, I didn't contact ANY WC team member, they asked me if they could join Faces of War.

Probably they had the same feeling about war chronicles that I had, since i've worked for it for a long time.

It's my last post on this thread, best of luck!

• Like 2

-faces of war who managed to take 15+ of our members, -

Actually, only 8 guys went over to Faces of War, 9 if you count one who had a change of hearts.

As for all the other accusations, I don't know about it as I am not involved, but it sounds a tad exaggerated and over dramatic really. When I left noone had 'convinced' me or told me anything, nor did I really try to do the same with anyone else. I simply did not like the direction the mod was going in, and I think that was the general reasoning for the rest.

That being said, I understand your frustration and wish you the best of luck with your next project. :)

• Like 1

This is really dissapointing...it was the only chance to make ArmA interesting again...all the daily checking to see how the mod is going and hoping for some more beautiful assets to be added in just collapsed....since it got that far, at least upload the final version on playwithsix and on steam workshop so all of us can keep enjoying your fantastic work and effort (some of us can only launch it from workshop and some only from PWS).

Hi final version is on the front page.

Rabbit, I thought icomach said you have a final version...but its okay if you want to keep the community in a closed circle...we just really liked your assets and thats why PWS and SW were brought up.

Rabbit, I thought icomach said you have a final version...but its okay if you want to keep the community in a closed circle...we just really liked your assets and thats why PWS and SW were brought up.

We do have a final version, unfortunately it's not on SW or play with six, and as we've put the mod to rest we won't be adding them at a later date

Alrighty guys gonna lay this as clean and blunt as possible. World War 2 isnt happening anymore with this mod. A few of our members didnt like working with our current setup and started their own modification a few weeks ago. Other members seeing greener grass jumped ship to join them right when we were about to have a finished build for you all. 

Im not one to waste time and resources starting a "Mod War" so the remaining team members decided to move on and abandon War Chronicles. After a few hours of moping we got back together and decided to do something we've never seen before in ArmA. We decided to start working on the Korean War. This will allow us to bring some of our existing assets over. We will be releasing more info later along with a new thread.

• Like 6

Alrighty guys gonna lay this as clean and blunt as possible. World War 2 isnt happening anymore with this mod. A few of our members didnt like working with our current setup and started their own modification a few weeks ago. Other members seeing greener grass jumped ship to join them right when we were about to have a finished build for you all. 

Im not one to waste time and resources starting a "Mod War" so the remaining team members decided to move on and abandon War Chronicles. After a few hours of moping we got back together and decided to do something we've never seen before in ArmA. We decided to start working on the Korean War. This will allow us to bring some of our existing assets over. We will be releasing more info later along with a new thread.

Fockin' right on ye are guv

Reading this really spoiled my day :( . I had put great hopes in your team, and I liked the way you approached your project.

Well, I wish you all the best with your new project and am looking forward to meet in Korea! (Never been there before, i.e. not even virtually ;)  ).

• Like 1