It's a sandbox, we try to cover all the gaming possibilities ( well, not FArma ), you can create missions that you feel better SP/MP/Coop using the assets of this mod.

Yaay! Thanks for asnwering. I wanted to ask If you played Insurgency (game) last version, and fired for example full auto, did you notice how sights went a little off , to the left, right, up and down, makes for a LOT more realistic feeling during shooting. The only mod i've ever seen that does this is CoWarmodACE in arma2, changed the feeling a lot, is such a feature possible in arma 3 (probably is) and if so, will it be implemented in one of the future versions ?

blasphemy.they are needed for a real milsim unit

we are all allowed our own opinions. And i will back mine up by saying a propper milsim unit will not be using vanilla units or weapons. 3rd party weapon mods usually incorporate propper ballistics, the realistic names only applies to vanilla content and RHS has or will have their own tank fire modes.

any support on the armed technicals ive mentioned...it would make things sweet...rebels with a rebel arsenal....

by the way could i get an answer on that update...is it coming soon, need to know cuzz if it isnt ill go ahead and download this version

any support on the armed technicals ive mentioned...it would make things sweet...rebels with a rebel arsenal....

by the way could i get an answer on that update...is it coming soon, need to know cuzz if it isnt ill go ahead and download this version

Just download the current version, there is no reason to wait. And no I doubt rebels are coming any time soon considering there are plenty other ones including ones which use RHS equipment

Edited by Kaxii

ppl get pissed off when they are constantly nagged about release dates. a few pages back someone asked the same thing and got no answer except 'when its done'. theres rumours it will be very soon, anyway a good indication is the feedback tracker http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

obviously if these were all green then they would release, maybe they will release when 80% done or so. most issues have been fixed, so its getting close.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

On the next update, have in mind that we have also our own internal list of issues to solve, so don't judge the progress using the public tracker.

The next patch is gonna come when we think our internal version is strong and polished enough to be open to the public. It's impossible to know when exactly, as we work in the mod in our free time. Besides we have family, wifes, kids, studies and work that also require our time :)

HAHAH alright i get how annoying it could be if someone keeps on nagging on release dates...i'll download this version then...as for rebel equipment ive searched alot of mods out there...the best they can give is this ported mounted spg and m2...if u look up

current rebel equipment they range from mounted KPVs to M40 106mm recoiless rifles...hopefully a mod with that will come out in the near future. thanks in advance.

HAHAH alright i get how annoying it could be if someone keeps on nagging on release dates...i'll download this version then...as for rebel equipment ive searched alot of mods out there...the best they can give is this ported mounted spg and m2...if u look up

current rebel equipment they range from mounted KPVs to M40 106mm recoiless rifles...hopefully a mod with that will come out in the near future. thanks in advance.

if you are deciding on whether to wait for the new release, then wait, it will come soonish.

if you are deciding on whether to wait for the new release, then wait, it will come soonish.

Yeah, its better for them not to tell us the release date untill they are 100% sure, unlike the Dragonfyre guys who said it will be before Christmas, and then locked the thread and never heard from them since.

sorry if this has already been asked, but i noticed an American ECH helmet with M81 camo on it in the arsenal. Are you guys going to add the rest of the M81 uniforms and vests?

Are the humvees intentionally very poor at breaking compared to vanilla A3 vehicles?

Haven't compared them to RL numbers, but was wondering if it was actually intentional or accidental.

Guys, try to make that each person in the squad had a different laying pouches on the vest on USMC units. :) Two vests for a single class. The effect will be great, but more work.

Edited by 1986Marek

Are the humvees intentionally very poor at breaking compared to vanilla A3 vehicles?

What do you mean? Compared to which vehicles? to the vanilla A3 MRAPs or to the vanilla A3 soft vehicles?

Compared to the hunter specifically, haven't compared to other vehicles, but I don't remember ever noticing an Arma vehicles having such weak breaks.

I really can't wait for crew served weapons and technicals.

The thought of a TVT scenario with one team having the high ground with a DShK using the T&E to zero in on a convoy 2500m away is just awesome.

Great job guys the attention to detail is the single biggest thing that stands out simply amazing work.

I made another video of something I noticed while playing with RHS, It is knit picky but I had fun making it so :).

I don't get your point much. M2/M3 Bradleys can engage planes in real life.

From the Field Manual 44-8:

AIRCRAFT ENGAGEMENT TECHNIQUES FOR THE M2/M3 BRADLEY

5-12. The technique to obtain volume of fire is simple. All platoon vehicles engage with either the 25-mm gun or coaxial machine gun as designated by the platoon leader either by fire command or by TSOP. The TOW system should be used against helicopters only when necessary or as a last resort. Unit TSOPs should provide guidance for dismounted rifle fires in conjunction with supporting Bradley weapon systems in active air defense. All crews must be alerted to enemy air threat.

The 25-mm Gun

5-14. The 25-mm gun is effective against slow-moving FW aircraft, UAVs, and helicopters. When using the ADR sight, the gunner indexes 1,800 meters. The APDS-T, APFSDS-T, or HEI-T can be used against slow-moving, FW aircraft, UAVs, and helicopters. A continuous burst of 20 to 25 rounds (high rate), using TOT to adjust rounds on target, will sustain the volume of fire and kill the target. The APDS-T/APFSDS-T has a higher probability of hit than HEI-T; however, HEI-T has a higher probability of kill. At ranges beyond 1,200 meters, the APDS-T is more effective against helicopters. At ranges less than 1,200 meters, HEI-T is more effective against helicopters.

The Coaxial Machine Gun

5-15. The coaxial machine gun is used against FW aircraft, unarmored helicopters, UAVs, and airborne troops. It is ineffective against heavily armored helicopters. A continuous burst (50 to 100 rounds) at the aiming point is required, and TOT is used to bring rounds on target. The coaxial machine gun is effective out to 900 meters.

The TOW

5-16. The TOW weapon system should be used against stationary and slow-moving (up to 80 kilometers per hour) aerial targets beyond 1,700 meters. The Bradley must be stationary when engaging targets with the TOW. Before firing the TOW, the gunner must determine if there are any obstacles between the vehicle and the target that might interfere with the missile. If the target is moving, the gunner must determine if the target will be in sight long enough for the missile to reach it.

Edited by MistyRonin

I don't get your point much. A M2/M3 Bradley can engage planes in real life.

Well then I apologize I didn't know that. It just seemed crazy that the thing was shooting at my plane I had never seen that in ArmA before, At least not at the speed and ranges like in the video.

Hi,

I love flying the RHS Apache but would like to change loadouts. Get rid of the Hellfires and add 2 more Rocket pods or just leave it at that. Can this be done and how??

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Clark

Well then I apologize I didn't know that. It just seemed crazy that the thing was shooting at my plane I had never seen that in ArmA before, At least not at the speed and ranges like in the video.

I think penguin has a valid point in that the Bradley should not be able to hit the plane traveling at an altitude of 1300 meters with a speed of 600 km/h. Also the plane appears to be roughly 2 km from the firing bradley which is far beyond the cappabilites of a bradley. The AI bradley is too precise.

I think penguin has a valid point in that the Bradley should not be able to hit the plane traveling at an altitude of 1300 meters with a speed of 600 km/h. Also the plane appears to be roughly 2 km from the firing bradley which is far beyond the cappabilites of a bradley. The AI bradley is too precise.

Everything seems ok, it is not that aircraft was hit with each shot, and IFV's can be very deadly for aircraft.

Heck even a tank can shoot down aircraft with a bit of luck.

Everything seems ok, it is not that aircraft was hit with each shot, and IFV's can be very deadly for aircraft.

Heck even a tank can shoot down aircraft with a bit of luck.

No way. Do you think its easy to shoot down an aircraft with those primitive (for AA role) FCS that tanks and IFVs have? Definitely NO! Only slow helicopters. (don't even dream hitting a Mi-24 flying at max speed with an Abrams!)

Tank and IFV FCS measure range, azimuth, elevation and to some extent, lead in azimuth, but not continuously. This is completely inadequate. Why? I tell you an example, the ZSU-23-4 Shilka. It has a radar (1RL33, RPK-2) and a mechanical ballistic calculator (1A7)

Lets begin with the RPK-2. It measures 6 (!!!) different parameters:

1 & 2, target's elevation (epsilon) and its change in time

3 & 4, target's azimuth (beta) and its change in time

5 & 6, target's distance and its change in time

From this data, the 1A7 calculates 4 parameters:

Tu - projectile's time of flight

H - lead for beta in height

Ñ„ - target's lead angle, with projectile's ballistics over Tu

Bu - lead for beta in azimuth

So you can see that a "primitve" FCS, like in tanks and IFVs, dont have any chance of hitting an aircraft. If you dont believe me, check SAM simulator's documentation: https://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home

EDIT:

Even better:

http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2012/12/full-17362-48332-pcds.jpg (166 kB)

Edited by Archbishop Lazarus

That's why I said with luck you can shoot down an aircraft... and luck is a rare thing on battlefield. ;)

Another factor might be AI, which in general have better accuracy than human player in ArmA. Try to place there Su-25 and play as Bradley gunner, I bet that hitting aircraft will be much more difficult but not immposible.

So doesn't that mean the Bradley/IFV AI need to be modified to maybe not attack aircraft that far away at that speed?