2 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

Obviously I can´t speak for the whole community here but I never experienced any drama regarding putting certain nations against each other since the ArmA community generally is pretty mature and can see it as what it is - a game.

It certainly would be interesting to see an unfolding war (with a proper story) from both perspectives. Something that was lacking in the vanilla campaign imo. Stories without a clear cut villain are a lot more interesting to me.

Regarding story ideas some of Tom Clancy´s books are very interesting and provide fairly possible war scenarios (of course with a little more good vs. bad attitude, but some also show the other perspective). 

I was more worried not about the Arma community but the current state of world affairs and people outside of the Arma community, but I suppose its true it wouldn't be a big deal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

I was more worried not about the Arma community but the current state of world affairs and people outside of the Arma community, but I suppose its true it wouldn't be a big deal.

Even then, just look at CoD or Battlefield. Those certainly would provide a lot more to be enraged about :f:

Anyway, we are getting off-topic here

• Like 3

Should we rather talk about the upcoming update? :) 

10 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

Regarding story ideas some of Tom Clancy´s books are very interesting and provide fairly possible war scenarios (of course with a little more good vs. bad attitude, but some also show the other perspective). 

I don't know of any Clancy's book which happens on a backwater Greek island. I was thinking more of something like distant consequences of the events from OFP.

You could try to kind of copy the way the East Wind story goes, but instead of CSAT propping up the dirty regime and manipulating the country it would be Russia. One one hand, rerendering the vanilla story with RHS assets could be a cool second take, but on the other hand it could be seen as cheap and unoriginal.

Heres an idea, maybe a somewhat resource deprived Russian Federation (due to sanctions and such recently from most of NATO) occupies the small and weak Mediterranean state for some kind of resource not domestically available in Russia and quickly overhwhelm Altis. NATO, as is the trend, refuses to intervene. USSOCOM units are deployed in secret to arouse an insurgency which over time grows and weakens the occupation. Eventually NATO sees that they are weakened and it would be feasible to move in and oust the occupiers. A large scale liberation is undertaken by Marines or Army Airborne forces. You would play as Russian conventional forces during the invasion, Special mission units of US and Russia on insurgency and counterinsurgency type missions respectively, and as conventional US forces during liberation. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

You could try to kind of copy the way the East Wind story goes, but instead of CSAT propping up the dirty regime and manipulating the country it would be Russia. One one hand, rerendering the vanilla story with RHS assets could be a cool second take, but on the other hand it could be seen as cheap and unoriginal.

Heres an idea, maybe a somewhat resource deprived Russian Federation (due to sanctions and such recently from most of NATO) occupies the small and weak Mediterranean state for some kind of resource not domestically available in Russia and quickly overhwhelm Altis. NATO, as is the trend, refuses to intervene. USSOCOM units are deployed in secret to arouse an insurgency which over time grows and weakens the occupation. Eventually NATO sees that they are weakened and it would be feasible to move in and oust the occupiers. A large scale liberation is undertaken by Marines or Army Airborne forces. You would play as Russian conventional forces during the invasion, Special mission units of US and Russia on insurgency and counterinsurgency type missions respectively, and as conventional US forces during liberation. 

There already is a RHS replacement mod for the vanilla campaign (which is a great experience btw).

Let´s not derail this thread again though. As soon as dragon01 develops his campaign further he can create his own thread.

53 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Just my 2 cent, and then we'll all get back on topic:

I like your concept, but what about a "red dawn" backward? What if this time is US to invade a weakened Russia? What if what you described is played from russian point of view? Just for a change, seeing the US as the "bad guys" will be a refreshening thing... 

• Like 3

Hard to justify. I suppose Beketov map would lend itself to it, but US doesn't operate that way. There are huge differences in military and political doctrine between the US and Russia. I suppose I could try making US a Trump-led dictatorship, but I don't want to give that guy too much credit. :) A "straight" Red Dawn-style scenario has crossed my mind, but I couldn't find a suitable map (even made a thread about it a while ago).

I don't want to ape BIS stories, either. The East Wind was a decent story, but I want to do better (if probably not longer) than that. And there isn't anything on Altis that Russians don't have at home, though maybe I could come up with another reason for invasion (this bunch of domes near the airport has to be good for something).

50 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

There already is a RHS replacement mod for the vanilla campaign (which is a great experience btw).

Let´s not derail this thread again though. As soon as dragon01 develops his campaign further he can create his own thread.

Interesting. Can you elaborate?

25 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Hard to justify. I suppose Beketov map would lend itself to it, but US doesn't operate that way. There are huge differences in military and political doctrine between the US and Russia. I suppose I could try making US a Trump-led dictatorship, but I don't want to give that guy too much credit. :) A "straight" Red Dawn-style scenario has crossed my mind, but I couldn't find a suitable map (even made a thread about it a while ago).

What if:

Turkish forces shot down (another) russian jet, on a mission to support Syrian regime.Putin retaliate by bombing troops INSIDE Turkish borders, thus provoking a force (per Atlantic pact  resolution) NATO reaction, by deployng large numbers of Europen troops, wich enrage Russian. What if Russia feel threatened and start engaging Europen forces?Who do you think is gonna have to settle things down? Yap..good old Yankee! 

There you go....

ps:beketov? perfect!!!

15 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

What if:

Turkish forces shot down (another) russian jet, on a mission to support Syrian regime.Putin retaliate by bombing troops INSIDE Turkish borders, thus provoking a force (per Atlantic pact  resolution) NATO reaction, by deployng large numbers of Europen troops, wich enrage Russian. What if Russia feel threatened and start engaging Europen forces?Who do you think is gonna have to settle things down? Yap..good old Yankee! 

There you go....

ps:beketov? perfect!!!

Just my opinion; Lets say Turkey gets banned from NATO  because of operations on syria and becomes allies with Russia and start a war on Syria, Greek islands and Ukraine against NATO, so you can use all different maps. Another opinion; You guys should start a thread to discuss or pm eachother. We are making a mess here

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tinboye said:

I was hoping I didnt have to add EVERY class to the mission.sqm

here is what it shows loading in rpt

I reckon you could probably just use rhs_main and get away with it.

I haven't poked through the RHS config much, but I wager that the devs have made most, if not all of the subordinate PBOs dependant upon the main one.

Why does either side have to be the "bad guy"? That's not how wars work, both sides believe they're fighting for what's right, otherwise they wouldn't fight. You can make a story about a hypothetical military conflict (extremely hypothetical considering you have to pretend nukes don't exist) without demonizing anyone. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, war_lord said:

Why does either side have to be the "bad guy"? That's not how wars work, both sides believe they're fighting for what's right, otherwise they wouldn't fight. You can make a story about a hypothetical military conflict (extremely hypothetical considering you have to pretend nukes don't exist) without demonizing anyone. 

Actually every side is bad on today's world, but to avoid the hate on our peaceful(at least I assume it is) digital world, there could be missions from different perspectives or accidents(!) to show none of the sides are innocent(like collateral damages as US says), so every player can play a nice story and also see there is no point in war

PS: I have no intention to offend anyone

• Like 1

Happy New Year RHS Team, everything I do uses RHS Mod because of the awesome quality and amount of content. I look forward to whatever you have in store for us in 2017.

54 minutes ago, cameronmcdonald said:

I reckon you could probably just use rhs_main and get away with it.

I haven't poked through the RHS config much, but I wager that the devs have made most, if not all of the subordinate PBOs dependant upon the main one.

Thanks I will check it out.

2017 Is shaping up to be a new dawn for Russia/U.S. relations. As President-Elect Donald J. Trump moves into office and begins to work alongside the Russian Federation I believe we will see the two nations interacting with each other in an alliance that benefits the entire world. In the spirit of this new transition how can I align the AFRF side with the USAF faction???  I would love to create a scenario with these two superpowers destroying evil all over the globe ;)

• Like 2

Happy New Year to all.

I think the ongoing discussion about an RHS campaign etc should be moved to a separate thread now-it does not really fall in the scope of this topic. So anyone wanting to continue that discussion should open a new thread now. Thanks

• Like 5

1 hour ago, robowilso said:

2017 Is shaping up to be a new dawn for Russia/U.S. relations. As President-Elect Donald J. Trump moves into office and begins to work alongside the Russian Federation I believe we will see the two nations interacting with each other in an alliance that benefits the entire world. In the spirit of this new transition how can I align the AFRF side with the USAF faction???  I would love to create a scenario with these two superpowers destroying evil all over the globe ;)

In 3den, you could either re-dress a BLUFOR/OPFOR unit as a member of the AFRF. Or, simply spawn an OPFOR unit, and make their squadleader a BLUFOR unit.
Hope it helps :)

To the entire RHS team wherever you are in the world, Happy New Year for 2017

• Like 13

2 hours ago, road runner said:

To the entire RHS team wherever you are in the world, Happy New Year for 2017

^^^^THIS!!!!

• Like 1

Happy new year. :) 

7 hours ago, robowilso said:

Side of a group is inherited from the commander. You can group the Russian units under a BLUFOR commander, then set the commander's probability of presence to zero. Old trick, but it works. Insert a joke about armchair commanders at your leisure. :)

• Like 3

Happy New year RHS devs,and to all other members of forum :)  Best wishes to everybody and much more RHS updates to be upon us :)

As for the Official campaing from RHS i dont think it is needed it is up to us to make something great with their modpack :)

But  next guy who asks when it is done or asks will something be in, he needs to make a campaing with RHS modpack :D

• Like 1