The standards personal protection agents are trained to are nuts XD

For reference, the longest confirmed kill (not just a hit) with a sniper rifle was made by COH Craig Harrison of the Household Cavalry with a .338 AI L115A3 at 2,475m shooting LockBase B408. My personal favorite though is one made in Vietnam by none other than GySgt. Carlos Hathcock, making two consecutive shots on a moving target (first hit the bicycle's front wheel, the second hit the actual target) at 2,286m with an M2HB modified with a scope mount and semi-auto disconnect shooting regular M2 ball.

• Like 1

What about productivity ?)

Sniper Simo Häyhä - at least 505 confirmed Killshots.

finish offT on this note and thank you RHS team 

but nothing says 'fuck the police' quite as well as sniping someone with an M2 machine gun! :P

• Like 6

but nothing says 'fuck the police' quite as well as sniping someone with an M2 machine gun! :P

Except NWA -they say it better ;)

• Like 8

I think the Finnish set a new world record recently for an on target hit at 4005 m. Think about that for a moment. :-0

I think the Finnish set a new world record recently for an on target hit at 4005 m. Think about that for a moment. :-0

Wow-with a rifle like that I could take my boss out without having to leave my house...

• Like 7

That is incredible-I don't think I have seen quality like that in this game ever. Is the little rangetable inside the scope cover usable? I mean, is it accurate in game?

Also, FWIW, it looks like the DOPE is in MOA, but the turrets are in mil.  So I guess if you want to do the math...  Personally, I find public math to be a no-go.

The M40 will go to 1000m but the scope will zero to 1500m if the weapon has a maxZeroing value high enough.

Bear in mind M40 is 7.62mm and the scopes are 3-12/3-15 magnification; and the US military declares the effective range for these kinds of rifles as only 800m. Anything beyond that should rightly be a matter of skill+luck rather than easymode.

There's a reason that most military around the world have progressed to using .338 rifle and a 5-25 magnification setup for shooting in excess of 1km.

Yeah, I understand why your guns don't zero past 1000m, generally, because it's a realistic zero.  People who play with your mod in game modes that aren't milsim don't understand, so I was just curious :)

That said, the XM2010 in .300W only zeroes to 1000m and it should be good out to 1300-1500m

Thanks for the response

Ah who cares :D It looks amazing!

it does look amazing.

but looks aren't everything. how does it handle? is it a generic rifle like most of arma3, or does it have the bolt action, more real feel recoil? That's what arma 3 needs most and if any mod can deliver, id say itd be this one.

Yeah, I understand why your guns don't zero past 1000m, generally, because it's a realistic zero. People who play with your mod in game modes that aren't milsim don't understand, so I was just curious :)

That said, the XM2010 in .300W only zeroes to 1000m and it should be good out to 1300-1500m

Thanks for the response

I can vouch for at least 1453 meters with te M2010 in Arma 3 :D

Zeroed at 100 m, and using ACE3 adv ballistics,

but looks aren't everything. how does it handle? is it a generic rifle like most of arma3, or does it have the bolt action, more real feel recoil? That's what arma 3 needs most and if any mod can deliver, id say itd be this one.

It actually does. :) Realistic recoil isn't the domain of RHS (try LAxemann's immersion mod for that), but it really has a working bolt action. It's even better if you turn on manual bolting in RHS settings, then you have to actually cycle the bolt after each shot.

• Like 1

It actually does. :) Realistic recoil isn't the domain of RHS (try LAxemann's immersion mod for that), but it really has a working bolt action. It's even better if you turn on manual bolting in RHS settings, then you have to actually cycle the bolt after each shot.

thats great to know. will give it a go mate.

and thanks for taking the time to answer.

1) Dear RHS team, I am unsure but I remember reading somewhere that it is OK to release mods that retexture your assets as long as they give credit and don't tamper with your files - would that be correct? I have been working on a "GREF style" faction that uses RHS assets, namely a 2016 version of the AAF. Just wanted to check if it is OK to redistribute. Pictures here if you are interested.

2) On the matter of GREF, since you have all the source files, are you planning on adding some more exotic armored vehicles, there seems to be a lot of love for replacing the BMP-1s turret for example in Syria with a ZU-23-2 AA gun (something the Greek army has done too).

• Like 2

1) Dear RHS team, I am unsure but I remember reading somewhere that it is OK to release mods that retexture your assets as long as they give credit and don't tamper with your files - would that be correct? I have been working on a "GREF style" faction that uses RHS assets, namely a 2016 version of the AAF. Just wanted to check if it is OK to redistribute. Pictures here if you are interested.

2) On the matter of GREF, since you have all the source files, are you planning on adding some more exotic armored vehicles, there seems to be a lot of love for replacing the BMP-1s turret for example in Syria with a ZU-23-2 AA gun (something the Greek army has done too).

retextures using hiddenselections are fine so long as you list RHS as a dependency and you don't repack RHS content. BTW, those AAF hummvees are dope!

for point 2 I'm actually planning on doing that when I continue work on the MTLB.

I already did it in the old project run, however the MTLB's need a lot of love:

http://orig12.deviantart.net/ab74/f/2015/193/3/2/mtlb_spaag_gopher_by_zeealex-d911m02.jpg

• Like 13

The WIP pictures from the Mil Mi 28 and from zeealex... just awesome!

Great Job RHS! The best quality of ArmA Mods! It makes me so happy to play with the toys from AFRF and GREF!

The stuff from USAF is also very good, but I'm not so interested on these stuff.

I hope the release (soon) is not to far away... :D But take the time you need.

Thanks for your work RHS devs! Greetings!

retextures using hiddenselections are fine so long as you list RHS as a dependency and you don't repack RHS content. BTW, those AAF hummvees are dope!

for point 2 I'm actually planning on doing that when I continue work on the MTLB.

I already did it in the old project run, however the MTLB's need a lot of love:

http://orig12.deviantart.net/ab74/f/2015/193/3/2/mtlb_spaag_gopher_by_zeealex-d911m02.jpg

Thanks! Great to hear about the MT-LBs too, those are wanted for Arma 3 for sure. In the mean time, just a plain jane BMP-1 without turret and a ZSU-23-2 on top would be awesome ;)

Some cool inspiration can be seen at Oryx blog:

http://spioenkop.blogspot.fi/2015/01/onwards-to-front-syrias-bmps.html

Those M40s are gorgeous! Y'all continue to set the bar beyond our expectations.

And in funny news, twice this week I clicked the second or third page of this thread congratulating the initial release and get excited thinking it's a new update only to find I fat fingered my phone -_-

• Like 3

just one  question

.308 Winchester?
.300 Winchester Magnum?
.338 Lapua Magnum?

917eaf08d921.jpg

• Like 7

just one  question

.308 Winchester?

.300 Winchester Magnum?

.338 Lapua Magnum?

917eaf08d921.jpg

.338 Lapua magnum

• Like 3

No such thing as RHS AC-130 mate =) You must be thinking USAF mod (2015)

• Like 2

No such thing as RHS AC-130 mate =) You must be thinking USAF mod (2015)

I mean a doubt that I have using the AC 130 that I got downloading RHS:USAF.

The doubt is that when I'm moving inside (while it's flying) sometimes I can look around and sometimes I can't move my head and I'm forced to look directly forward..

Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

I mean a doubt that I have using the AC 130 that I got downloading RHS:USAF.

The doubt is that when I'm moving inside (while it's flying) sometimes I can look around and sometimes I can't move my head and I'm forced to look directly forward..

Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

I think you mean the C-130 then, bars means that we do not have the AC version.

Anyway, assuming that you mean ours indeed the problem is a game bug and we cannot do anything about it for now unfortunately.

• Like 1