Perhaps I'm missing something obvious... but is the GAU-8 HUD pip, and by extension the gun, totally worthless?

The rounds never fall where I center the PIP. I can't even use any other reference to aim since the rounds have no predictable consistency.

Every other aircraft is easy.

What am I doing wrong here fellas?

You are not doing anything wrong. Its just "wrong calibrated".

Some light scripting help.

Anyone know how to open the side doors on the UH-60, or the ramp on the CH-47 for that matter? Tried the following for the UH-60, to no effect.

this animateDoor ['door_R', 1];

this animateDoor ['door_L', 1];

For the CH47:

_vehicle animate ["ramp_anim", 1]

For the UH-60:

_vehicle animate ["DoorRB", 1];
_vehicle animate ["DoorLB", 1];
  • Like 2

I would recommend use animateDoor with animations mentioned by seba1976 since door user actions are detecting doorPhase change, not animationPhase

For the CH47:

_vehicle animate ["ramp_anim", 1]

For the UH-60:

_vehicle animate ["DoorRB", 1];
_vehicle animate ["DoorLB", 1];

Thank you! I had tried a few and wasn't getting anywhere.

The new Smaw looks great?

But where are the spotting rifle rounds? Can't find them in the arsenal or any crate.

Is there any chance of seeing a BMP-1D with a grenade launcher fitted instead of the Malyutka? I understand it was probably a rare variant, though.

Wassup guys! 

recently I've been working on the MTVR. some of you on facebook may have seen an earlier render, however this is the virtually finished HP geometry.

mtvr_render_highpoly_by_zeealex-d9okx1w.

The MTVR range will be available in armoured and non-armoured, with Mk23, 25, 27 and 28 represented, alongside fuel, ammo and repair configurations, with perhaps 4x4 and Wrecker versions making an appearance later on. 

they will be available primarily for the USMC.

Any questions you'd like to ask about the MTVR's development, just hit me up :)

• Like 25

Great work zeealex, I have one question but it isnt connected with MTVR in any way, are you going to expand your HMMWV's family in close future?

Great work zeealex, I have one question but it isnt connected with MTVR in any way, are you going to expand your HMMWV's family in close future?

I know the answer for that one: Yes, No, maybe...  :)

• Like 2

I have a question: maybe a little bit off-topic, but with the MTVR screen I ask: why some HMMW (non RHS luckly) and this MTVR have a kind of sheet on the engine? :huh:

Its for IFF from the air :)

It's a NATO standard, to id vehicles from the air. So multi-national pilots don't confuse and attack them. 

• Like 3

MTVR looks super.

Did you sculpt the canvas cover, or do cloth simulation or something?

It's usually a real military unit SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) to put a VS-17 panel on the upper surfaces given its a very bright orange color (so it won't destroy the camouflage the vehicle has) so as said, friendly air assets know it's a friendly ground unit.

• Like 1

Any plans on updating the wiki. And maybe intergrate the classnames in it? Finding things in the current setup is a bit hard.

• Like 1

I love MI-8 but hate those flat, ugly textures on control pannels above the front window.... Any chance to make in HD?

Outside sounds are extremely quite in vehicles (cars). Any fix for this? 

• Like 1

anyway u want us to ask questions and then if I ask about something you are like "fuck off", imo you should verify your policy  :P

I believe the policy is very clear: Don't ask "when is 'X' done?" and don't ask "Will you add 'Y'?". That is what the FAQ is for, to answer frequently asked (and most often dumb) questions.

MTVR looks super.

Did you sculpt the canvas cover, or do cloth simulation or something?

The cloth was all done in 3Ds Max with the noise modifier :)

• Like 1

The cloth was all done in 3Ds Max with the noise modifier :)

Amazing, i wish we could have Ural, and UAZ in same quality :P

Thank you, but I'm not working on either of those, just the MTVR presently. As we're constantly told we have a bias towards Russian stuff, y'know *rolls eyes*

#ArmaCommunitySpirit

Always more more more...

Thank you, but I'm not working on either of those, just the MTVR presently. As we're constantly told we have a bias towards Russian stuff, y'know.

#ArmaCommunitySpirit

Always more more more...

As always, amazing work.

Unfortunately that is how life works. The more you give, the more it demands. Luckily its a game, so you can just ignore the moaners/demanders.

• Like 3

I've got a question, I'm trying to get the ambient radio chatter to play in vehicles, but it doesnt seem to be working, even if I enable it through the RHS settings, am I missing something? 

I've got a question, I'm trying to get the ambient radio chatter to play in vehicles, but it doesnt seem to be working, even if I enable it through the RHS settings, am I missing something? 

Only certain vehicle have it i believe, try the UH-60 and see