That would flat out suck though, you would have to agree. 

Not really, people have been manually installing mod or using fan made launchers for years. The only people I see complaining when a mod isn't on steam workshops are the type can't be bothered installing them if it's more then a one click procedure. Modders spend a lot of time working on content for free, they shouldn't be pressured into sharing their rights with some megacorp. 

• Like 6

Whatever, i know how to install the mods manually, but the guy next to me might not.  <_<

• Like 1

Whatever, i know how to install the mods manually, but the guy next to me might not.  <_<

Well then teach him to, and if he doesn't want to learn, he has only himself to blame.

Apparently we are just not seeing eye to eye, so don't mind me. 

Unfortunately I don't really understand your point.

Anyone with a basic digital knowledge can install mods. If they are able to download and install Steam, they can perfectly do the same with a mod.  

We are talking about click in the download link, open the downloaded compressed file and drag & drop in the Arma 3 folder. Then activate it through the Arma 3 Launcher. 

It's not precisely rocket science... Even my aunt, who is 76 year old, is able to do it, so I'm pretty sure the guy next to you is smarter and more fast than she is.

• Like 1

The point is that with new Launcher Features will enable you to use the server browser. With dependencies for new people trying to join servers running these mods it will be a lot more efficient by pressing a single button. Another topic to bring up is external hosting sites like Play withsix and Armaholic seem to cap your download speed so you pay be premium and have uncapped download. I don't see steam doing that on there workshop. Don't quote me on this but I think steam has the ability to only download the file you need much like your updater you guys made in house. My main point is there is a great resource out there for you guys to utilize to distribute your mods. With the enhancements BI is doing to make the game much more compatible with the steam workshop. Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, and I don't want to start a huge brawl over this so what you guys choose its whats going to happen. What can I do to change anything, "Nothing but voice my opinion". Sorry I hit the 5 guys that don't use the steam workshop, but im sure a lot of people out there use it, I used to use play withsix for ease of use to distribute clan packages of mods. That program just doesn't function like the Workshop does, so I opted to switch over. 

That's my Rant for this evening  ;) . I hope you don't take this statement as being rude to what you guys want, and have chosen to do, just purely my opinion on the subject matter. 

The point is that with new Launcher Features will enable you to use the server browser. With dependencies for new people trying to join servers running these mods it will be a lot more efficient by pressing a single button.

You can use all that features with RHS likewise. As I said before I've been using the A3 Launcher with RHS since it's inception.

In fact you can already use the new server functions and dependencies with RHS using the A3 dev branch (check the screen).

On the Steam Workshop subject, the answer is no. As we don't like Valve's conditions, and we don't trust them as a company.  :) 

ifAdbJI.jpg

• Like 2

Yes you can add a mods locally, I have done the same. The point still is you are not utilizing the full potential of whats to come with dependencies tied to servers though the launcher and steam workshop because the files aren't hosted through the workshop. That's the way the process of server browsing for the launcher in the future is to be done, to my understanding. Plus every mission hosted on workshop could use the dependency tactic, instead of having to post a link to armaholic. Not to be rude, but with workshop your in house updater would be obsolete and it could cut back on the bill - "if you have one" - because there would be no need to host it through torrent. How can you not trust Valve? They are a multi-million dollar company, that has successfully changed the way gamers play and buy video-games. I understand your concern with the policy agreement which you guys have pointed out.

xMHrrDa.png

I've explained the reasons why we won't take that step, IMO they are clear enough, I don't see any reason to go further on that direction as they are not subject to external discussion. Unfortunately for you, it's almost impossible that they change. So I'm afraid you'll have to live with it.

On the server dependencies I'm pretty sure they will also work with local mods. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

And of course, if you or the guy next to you see our methodology and conditions incompatible with you, then no biggie, the A3 community is full of great mods that can be used instead. :)

• Like 4

I always thought of the "manual labor" installing a mod for OFP/ArmA to be almost a sort of "test" if the people actually give enough shit.  ;)

Anyway... a small question of sorts:

Is there a possibility that we'll get some more "unified" bodies and gear?

Because currently I can't use UCP camo with, say, an SPC varient or even a 6Sh92 as they clip front or back.

Because currently I can't use UCP camo with, say, an SPC varient or even a 6Sh92 as they clip front or back.

We can't actually promise anything, tho Zeealex has been working on some improvements of the US Army uniform, which seems will allow you to use any vanilla or USMC gear on it.

I'm afraid the main Russian uniform uses a whole different cut, and it's highly unlikely any effort is made on that direction due to the insane amount of work that would take for the few benefits it would bring. Maybe in the long, long term...

Yeah I get it. But strongly disagree on the "too few benefits". Still 100% satisfied with the clear answer  ;)

Asked only because I wanted to do a retexture for an idea of mine.

But i'll just retexture the OCP uniform if the gear will indeed fit.

BTW as i'm completely noob to modding: is there a possibility to disable IFF panels for HMMWVs for a retextured vehicle? (I know it can be done in init or in Virtual Garage)

Steam workshop is something i like but can live without it. If i see someone cant install mod, im helping him to do so - this is beautyfull in gamers community isnt it? Free and accurate support. I was supported many times, and feel big pleasure when helping others with problems i had in the past and  know how to fix them. After i saw how steam workshop working on ACE 3 mod i'm not using it to anything except downloading missions :) Such great mods like RHS should be "independent", as their work is something lot more than just mod.  They modified/created new systems like armor, fsc, and much more. Off course its pity its not compatible wit (for example) BWmod or PSZ mod, but they stated many times, compatibility with other mods is not their priority. Thanks to reyhard we can play with RHS tanks against vanilal vehicles, and vice versa.

• Like 1

Well for the sake of the community and where the launcher is heading with server dependencies connected through steam workshop. I hope things change in the future, but im sure yall will cross that path when you get there. 

we'll see what are the benefits versus the downfall when we reach that point. 

That would flat out suck though, you would have to agree. 

i don't agree,no

no one is asking you or the next guy to write the configs for the config provided, just to install it. The installing process via our updaters is a 2 click bussines and it is fully documented: http://www.rhsmods.org/page/updaters

The point is that with new Launcher Features will enable you to use the server browser. With dependencies for new people trying to join servers running these mods it will be a lot more efficient by pressing a single button. Another topic to bring up is external hosting sites like Play withsix and Armaholic seem to cap your download speed so you pay be premium and have uncapped download. I don't see steam doing that on there workshop. Don't quote me on this but I think steam has the ability to only download the file you need much like your updater you guys made in house. My main point is there is a great resource out there for you guys to utilize to distribute your mods. With the enhancements BI is doing to make the game much more compatible with the steam workshop. Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, and I don't want to start a huge brawl over this so what you guys choose its whats going to happen. What can I do to change anything, "Nothing but voice my opinion". Sorry I hit the 5 guys that don't use the steam workshop, but im sure a lot of people out there use it, I used to use play withsix for ease of use to distribute clan packages of mods. That program just doesn't function like the Workshop does, so I opted to switch over. 

That's my Rant for this evening  ;) . I hope you don't take this statement as being rude to what you guys want, and have chosen to do, just purely my opinion on the subject matter. 

No one is asking you to agree with us, we do however ask you to respect our decision. I can't explain the current situation and the reasons behind our decision any better than i already did. We do respect our developers and their individual opinions on the subject.

Yes you can add a mods locally, I have done the same. The point still is you are not utilizing the full potential of whats to come with dependencies tied to servers though the launcher and steam workshop because the files aren't hosted through the workshop. That's the way the process of server browsing for the launcher in the future is to be done, to my understanding. Plus every mission hosted on workshop could use the dependency tactic, instead of having to post a link to armaholic. Not to be rude, but with workshop your in house updater would be obsolete and it could cut back on the bill - "if you have one" - because there would be no need to host it through torrent. How can you not trust Valve? They are a multi-million dollar company, that has successfully changed the way gamers play and buy video-games. I understand your concern with the policy agreement which you guys have pointed out.

We have nothing to do with either PW6, armaholic or any other 3rd party hosting solutions. We are grateful for the mirrors.

Regarding the in house updaters: we have explained before that pushing a public release is a semi-automated process that happens directly from the development repositories. SW doesn't have such features, nor delta patching. for us there is no other more convenient way out there. I really don't see it being obsolete.

regarding valve - as soon as they describe the reasons and set some limits to the use of the shared IP rights with the owner we'd reconsider it. Until then the chance is slim.

Yeah I get it. But strongly disagree on the "too few benefits". Still 100% satisfied with the clear answer  ;)

not really, simply because of how the weights system works. it is about the ratio between work vs benefits. In short, it would require remeshing and re weighting of the entire content library, which would be a gargantual task, just so someone could mismatch things around.

Do you guys want an F-16CM Falcon? 

please develop this further, or send me a PM. who made it etc etc

• Like 1

How high up is SV-98 or any other sniper rifle on your priority listâ„¢? Do you guys know if anyone has been working on anything related, except for that M107 model that's still in the configs? :)

• Like 1

How high up is SV-98 or any other sniper rifle on your priority listâ„¢? Do you guys know if anyone has been working on anything related, except for that M107 model that's still in the configs? :)

As high (or low) as any other assett :P

• Like 5

Just find RHS conflict with PAK FA standalone from lyotchik sniper.  in Zeus mode displays all  RHS only in a group  not individually. Example- Zeus displayed all the group (platoon) of t80 tanks  but there is no display of a single t80tank.

Not to break into the apparent taboo of making suggestions, but is it planned to have all variants of the M4/M4A1 (as in those with grippods, those with grenade launchers, etc) with and without the PMAG? As at the moment, some variants have PMAG and STANAG mag versions, but some just have the PMAG (ie M4 with grippod) or just the STANAG mag (ie M203/M302). I just have some instances where I reaaally want to be able to use the M4 grippod with a STANAG.

Not to break into the apparent taboo of making suggestions, but is it planned to have all variants of the M4/M4A1 (as in those with grippods, those with grenade launchers, etc) with and without the PMAG? As at the moment, some variants have PMAG and STANAG mag versions, but some just have the PMAG (ie M4 with grippod) or just the STANAG mag (ie M203/M302). I just have some instances where I reaaally want to be able to use the M4 grippod with a STANAG.

doubtfully. the best solution would be to have magazines works as proxies, directly from BIs ;)

upvote this: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21028

• Like 4

How can you not trust Valve? They are a multi-million dollar company, that has successfully changed the way gamers play and buy video-games.

Yeah... They are a greedy multi million company that forced their disgusting intrusive DRM on players, and deprived people of actually owning a game (on DVD). Now you only rent it... And their EULA is completely unacceptable

• Like 2

Yeah... They are a greedy multi million company that forced their disgusting intrusive DRM on players, and deprived people of actually owning a game (on DVD). Now you only rent it... And their EULA is completely unacceptable

Not to turn this into a steam debate thread, but you realize you don't own a game even if you have a disc right? By buying a game you're buying a licence to use the software, not rights over the software itself, that has always been the case, and terms have always been attached to that licence. As for DRM, compared to shit like SecuROM that gamers on PC used to have deal with steam isn't DRM at all.

I have no problem with Valve as a company, I just don't think modders should be pressured into agreeing to such strong terms for what amounts to a hosting service. And I think "trusting" a megacorp is inherently flawed thinking.

• Like 1

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious... but is the GAU-8 HUD pip, and by extension the gun, totally worthless?

The rounds never fall where I center the PIP. I can't even use any other reference to aim since the rounds have no predictable consistency.

Every other aircraft is easy.

What am I doing wrong here fellas?

• Like 1

is it possible to retexture the us army gear yet? i would like to make a dutch faction using reskins