7 hours ago, bek said:

I switched the rhs public server over to rotate between Dynamic Recon Ops - Malden 2035 and Altis, so you can jump on there if you want to check Malden out.

Hey dude  can you please add some optional mods that will make it more imersive ?  

1.  "Blastcore Edited (standalone version)"                                  Link "https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767380317"

2. JSRS SOUNDMOD"                                                               Link "https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861133494"

3. JSRS SOUNDMOD - RHS Mod Pack Sound Support"          Link "https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=945476727"

that would be nice and because they are optional it will not be hard to do just enable they key ;D

thx and greetings MrFies

• Like 1

Maybe. It's more of a hassle to manage extra mods though as atm I need to manually update the server when mods update; so when mods I don't use are updated, I won't really know. Maybe if the server gets more popular I'll find a way to automate that. You can already use Dynasound and Enhanced Soundscape though; you should give them a try.

any chance to fix AINET at next RHS update?

(3Ш8 Айнет)

Yes, there are official releases w. colored faction emblems (red for AFRF etc). So it's pretty pointless to scum-load them to WS...

6 hours ago, bek said:

Maybe. It's more of a hassle to manage extra mods though as atm I need to manually update the server when mods update; so when mods I don't use are updated, I won't really know. Maybe if the server gets more popular I'll find a way to automate that. You can already use Dynasound and Enhanced Soundscape though; you should give them a try.

they are bad...

and you dont have to manage mods ??? you only have to  add the key  so its allowed to use..

5 hours ago, bars91 said:

Yes, there are official releases w. colored faction emblems (red for AFRF etc). So it's pretty pointless to scum-load them to WS...

ok because i know people upload them without permissions sometime

6 hours ago, Brett Staats said:

Are the steam releases the team or someoneelse 

this is the official RHS Steam Workshop profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rhsmods/

the official RHS Steam Workshop mod list are here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rhsmods/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410 

11 minutes ago, Brett Staats said:

ok because i know people upload them without permissions sometime

please report it in this thread, but don't worry about it too much, because i DMCA these uploads weekly anyways.

5 hours ago, MrFies said:

they are bad...

pity that your think that way, since they are made by the same person that does RHS sounds using real samples, not gamey improved bass ones...also, you have received the answer to your question already

• Like 7

13 hours ago, PuFu said:

pity that your think that way, since they are made by the same person that does RHS sounds using real samples, not gamey improved bass ones...also, you have received the answer to your question already

Im using JSRS since ArmA2 and I really like it thats why and most of the servers are only allowing JSRS too so thats why I asked 

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, bek said:

###############################################################################
##script:           Sync-Folders.ps1
##
##Description:      Syncs/copies contents of one dir to another. Uses MD5
#+                  checksums to verify the version of the files and if they
#+                  need to be synced.
##Created by:       Noam Wajnman
##Creation Date:    June 9, 2014
## Updated for Arma3: Abburo
###############################################################################
#FUNCTIONS
function Get-FileMD5 {
    Param([string]$file)
    $md5 = [System.Security.Cryptography.HashAlgorithm]::Create("MD5")
    $IO = New-Object System.IO.FileStream($file, [System.IO.FileMode]::Open)
    $StringBuilder = New-Object System.Text.StringBuilder
    $md5.ComputeHash($IO) | % { [void] $StringBuilder.Append($_.ToString("x2")) }
    $hash = $StringBuilder.ToString() 
    $IO.Dispose()
    return $hash
}

$Arma3InstallPath="f:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\" # this is the source location of mods. Generally your personal computer where all mods are updated autmaotically
$Arma3ServerModDirs="\\Hostname\C\Program Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server" # this is the destination of mods - meaning the server mods location
$Arma3ModDirInputList = "c:\temp\Arma3ServerMods.txt" # this must be manualy created - the list need to contain only mod name as u can see below:
                                                                                                        # @RHSAFRF
                                                                                                        # @RHSGREF
                                                                                                        # @RHSSAF
                                                                                                        # @RHSUSAF
$Arma3ModDirs = Get-Content $Arma3ModDirInputList
    foreach ($Arma3Mod in $Arma3ModDirs)
        {    
            #VARIABLES
            $DebugPreference = "continue"
            #parameters
            $MakeSrcDir = "$Arma3InstallPath\$Arma3Mod"
            $SRC_DIR = $MakeSrcDir
            $MakeDstDir = "$Arma3ServerModDirs\$Arma3Mod"
            $DST_DIR = $MakeDstDir 
            #SCRIPT MAIN
            clear
            $SourceFiles = GCI -Recurse $SRC_DIR | ? { $_.PSIsContainer -eq $false} #get the files in the source dir.
            $SourceFiles | % { # loop through the source dir files
                $src = $_.FullName #current source dir file
                Write-Debug $src
                $dest = $src -replace $SRC_DIR.Replace('\','\\'),$DST_DIR #current destination dir file
                if (test-path $dest) { #if file exists in destination folder check MD5 hash
                    $srcMD5 = Get-FileMD5 -file $src
                    Write-Debug "Source file hash: $srcMD5"
                    $destMD5 = Get-FileMD5 -file $dest
                    Write-Debug "Destination file hash: $destMD5"
                    if ($srcMD5 -eq $destMD5) { #if the MD5 hashes match then the files are the same
                        Write-Debug "File hashes match. File already exists in destination folder and will be skipped."
                        $cpy = $false
                    }
                    else { #if the MD5 hashes are different then copy the file and overwrite the older version in the destination dir
                        $cpy = $true
                        Write-Debug "File hashes don't match. File will be copied to destination folder."
                    }
                }
                else { #if the file doesn't in the destination dir it will be copied.
                    Write-Debug "File doesn't exist in destination folder and will be copied."
                    $cpy = $true
                }
                Write-Debug "Copy is $cpy"
                if ($cpy -eq $true) { #copy the file if file version is newer or if it doesn't exist in the destination dir.
                    Write-Debug "Copying $src to $dest"
                    if (!(test-path $dest)) {
                        New-Item -ItemType "File" -Path $dest -Force   
                    }
                    Copy-Item -Path $src -Destination $dest -Force
                }
            }
        }

I am attaching here a powershell script I am using to keep the servers mods updated, having as source my workstation.

• Like 6

@Abburo thanks for sharing. Probably not useful for all server admins as I imagine not everyone has their server on own network, but nonetheless bless you for sharing :).

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it has been suggested already or if you're working on it, but could you please make use of this (which is already implemented in CBA) in your mod? We would finally be able to use those flashlight and laser combos properly :)

3 minutes ago, GardenPT said:

I'm not sure if it has been suggested already or if you're working on it, but could you please make use of this (which is already implemented in CBA) in your mod? We would finally be able to use those flashlight and laser combos properly :)

You should look at the RHS options in game, because that's already a thing.

11 minutes ago, bek said:

You should look at the RHS options in game, because that's already a thing.

Why do we still only have the choice between laser or flashlight in the arsenal when we pick one of the combos?
Also, pressing LCtrl + L only swaps whatever I had there for BIS' laser and gives me the option to pick IR laser or visible laser, not the flashlight.

It shouldn't be doing that. What exact attachment are you using that gets swapped out to the BIS flashlight, and are you running the latest version of RHS from the workshop? Because I'm trying it right now with the Perst3/2DP combination and it's swapping between the laser and flashlight as you'd expect.

Why do we still only have the choice between laser or flashlight in the arsenal when we pick one of the combos?

Uh, because those are the two options that exist? You pick whichever you would like the initial (default) behaviour to be - either flashlight default, or laser default. Either can be toggled to the other functionality using the key.

• Like 5

@MrFies I've added Blastcore to the server keys, let me know if there are any problems with it (I haven't tested it myself yet). I also added Dynamic Combat Ops (Malden and Altis) to the rotation.

• Like 1

How to join to RHS server?
It would be nice if there was information in first thread about server and required mods :(

31 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

It would be nice if there was information in first thread about server and required mods :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

also, just in case you miss it: http://play.rhsmods.org/

• Like 1

Are there any plans for the future to have your beautiful ak-103, ak-104, ak-105 railed barrel versions in tan and  OD colours as it would look so cool to put them in a multicam uniformed unit to simulate Russian sf in Syria.

Does anyone know how to unfold the rotors on the UH-1Y before flight?  I would love to be able to do this!

In case it makes your job any easier, an option to assign a pylon to a specific crew position (pilot, gunner, even crew chief and the like) was added in a recent dev branch update. This should make it possible to replicate the "old" RHS pilot/gunner weapon setup without additional scripting.

On 6/28/2017 at 3:56 PM, warbirdguy1 said:

Does anyone know how to unfold the rotors on the UH-1Y before flight?  I would love to be able to do this!

Check CfgVehicles >> RHS_UH1Y >> configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "RHS_UH1Y" >> "AnimationSources" >> "mainRotor_folded"

You might also check under UserActions for things like switching lights, some people find that useful too.

In there is the function rhs_fnc_foldHeli. I don't know if this function works both ways or just one way, you'll have to experiment. Just name the helicopter and preview and open debug console:

HeloName call rhs_fnc_foldHeli

Personally I would verify that folds the blades. Then go back and run it again, see if it unfolds them. If not, I don't know, could also use the function viewer to search for rhs functions.

On 6/24/2017 at 5:51 AM, PuFu said:

this is the official RHS Steam Workshop profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rhsmods/

the official RHS Steam Workshop mod list are here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rhsmods/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410 

please report it in this thread, but don't worry about it too much, because i DMCA these uploads weekly anyways.

pity that your think that way, since they are made by the same person that does RHS sounds using real samples, not gamey improved bass ones...also, you have received the answer to your question alreadyalrea

On 6/24/2017 at 5:51 AM, PuFu said:

I get that your sounds are made by using real life samples and I must admit that most of the weapons do sound pretty damn good when you're personally firing them. However, when it comes to mid-to-far ranges they sound totally crap. The flat non-echoing sound is terrible and ruins completely the immersion. 

Jsrs might not sound greatest or most realistic by far but it still gives you the feeling of a dangerous battlefield. It is just my opinion and someone else might disagree with me.

Personally I think that squad has the most realistic sounds in modern games when it comes to small arms and especially firefights in distance. I don't know anything about game development or sound occlusion factors and could you even have similar sounds in arma that squad currently has but that's something that would be awesome if it could be done.

Can the M1232 still not cross bridges?

Reason I asked is that it was reportedly due to vanilla HEMMT not beeing able to cross bridges. Now (after some update) the HEMMT can cross bridges, but the RHS M1232 still can not, at least for me.