Can't wait to do this with the MRZR! Keep it up!!

15776964_10154311063138196_7312597833107

• Like 3

10 hours ago, inlesco said:

My personal take is that if RHS had a standalone campaign (either SP or MP) to go alongside the great content, the position may be even higher. IMHO, RHS totally deserves to be in the TOP 5 because, honestly, the content they produce is sometimes of much higher quality comopared to other mod teams.

Surely, I don't want to insult any other mod team with this comment - the result of your work is simply determined by the priorities you have - quality, quantity, etc.

I've been thinking about at least making some missions, but using only RHS content is difficult, mostly because it doesn't include any terrains and Altis doesn't seem like a likely place for a superpower clash (neither does Tanoa, not that I have Apex DLC). Just can't think of a story that'd take place on vanilla terrains, and only something like that could actually be shipped with RHS. Maybe I could come up with something once the new Malden comes out.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wilco said:

The MRZR is a good time!

Gorgeous!!! what terrain is that on?

59 minutes ago, wilco said:

The MRZR is a good time!

1vF0RIt.jpg

I have only one problem with this... I think it will be too much fun to use it,ill get distracted from the main task. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, foxone said:

Gorgeous!!! what terrain is that on?

I'm not certain but it looks like Diyala

• Like 2

Diyala is correct.  Great map and awesome lighting!

• Like 8

Why are there no large backpacks in both the AFRF and the USF? It can't be that they aren't equipped with large bsckpacks IRL, can it?

I'm building an RHS wasteland mission right now. One of the problems is that the volume of RHS backpacks is to small. But I can't find any vanilla backpacks that matches the color of RHS uniforms.

Sent from my L50t using Tapatalk

AGHHH the MRZR looks so good - it'll be a nice middle ground between quad bikes and Prowlers, especially if you're working with a bump plan :>
That mud looks gorgeous too, it's so overlooked on like 90% of official and 3rd-party content.

1 hour ago, jerminhu said:

Why are there no large backpacks in both the AFRF and the USF? It can't be that they aren't equipped with large bsckpacks IRL, can it?

I'm building an RHS wasteland mission right now. One of the problems is that the volume of RHS backpacks is to small. But I can't find any vanilla backpacks that matches the color of RHS uniforms.

Sent from my L50t using Tapatalk

Hello, it's basically because we haven't modeled any rucksacks yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrFies said:

How long will it take ??? we need the Update !

It will take as long as we need to really, we have a few bugs and content things we need to get done before we can release. Honestly, It isn't something we can ever measure, it really depends on everyone's schedules, etc. 

• Like 14

What do i need to add to my mission.sqm addons [] to require a player to use this mod?

I  am using every aspect of RHS: AFRF on my server, vehicles, weapons, uniforms etc.

I can load my server fine and get no errors about

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

thanks

29 minutes ago, tinboye said:

What do i need to add to my mission.sqm addons [] to require a player to use this mod?

I  am using every aspect of RHS: AFRF on my server, vehicles, weapons, uniforms etc.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

thanks

what addons does it say that's missing ? It should tell you what the missing content is ?

41 minutes ago, tinboye said:

thanks

If you look in your .rpt log file when you've loaded the RHS modset, you should find the prerequisite entries there.

• Like 1

Just want to add my 2c to your comments milosv:

On 12/20/2016 at 9:31 AM, milosv123344 said:

That's like telling people that don't like a movie to make one themselves. Most people are consumers and have no time on their hands to learn modeling, which is almost as hard as chinese for those who don't care about it. It's easy for the ones who learn it because people rarely do things out of love, once you do modding as a hobby and as something you love, it's easy to make these things happen and not give up after first 3 hours. Besides i kind of understand his frustration in a way, the game has way too much SF stuff to begin with, adding any more , when other more useful features can be completed, in his opinion may be a waste of time. In your logic just because they do it for free they shouldn't be criticized, which is kind of dumb, as critics see faults and point them out, its up to devs to fix them and listen, not fight back. ACTUAL trolls and idiots should be simply ignored. I am 100% sure that some people working on RHS, will at some point use it on their resume as a way to find a real job in the future, as they probably had some experience with modeling and texturing prior to arma, and will likely continue working in a similar direction.

I think people taking "the game" to mean "rhs" here partly comes because of the vague nature of what "the game" refers to in an RHS thread, and partly because this came just after "ayylmao"'s comment about hoping the next update isn't full of "SF shit". Though of course, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it — but if you're playing on someone else's server, you might have to put up with others using it.

10 hours ago, milosv123344 said:

this is my opinion and does not reflect anyone elses, nor will i provide any further feedback on this mod, as ANY sort of criticism on a mod page is frowned upon. I felt i could offer help, with now 15 years of experience with bis games. I ask this comment does not get removed, i want to explain what is going on and calm the hate i am getting from the community members via PMs , even outside this forum, as its undeserved. Will not name names other than those that replied publicly (duh), as i'm not a rat, and i can take the heat. What i've said in my first comment is that it was the GAME , not the rhs MOD , that has too many sci fi spec ops stuff already, especially after the APEX update, this is a fact , and it is beyond me how anyone got insulted by this. What you didn't consider, is that it was illogical from me to even mention that, as RHS mod makes modern stuff, not 2035 stuff.

Trying to take what the guy who first complained about SF stuff said,  and turn it in a rational point of view that conflicts with the modders one, is apparently a bad idea. I am tired of years and years of reading mod creators (not just for arma) saying "you should stop requesting" or " go make it yourself", which to me personally sounds arrogant and instead could be said like "we'll look in to it" or "we have no plans to make such feature/item". First time in all these years i decide to maybe explain why this is no such easy task, and i get this response. Let me tell you however , one more thing, that you probably didn't know, i am a mod creator myself, although not on arma, and i've had people tell me most outrageous things and requests, their comments never got deleted because i felt they were needed to give example to others of how not to do things, also because i am a strong believer in free speech no matter how harsh, internet is not a safe zone nor it should be.

With all that said, if you want to reply , do it in PM, or here, but even me writing this comment is not helping this mod get any better, as i am not providing anything useful on the topic , rather than defending my point of view because i was made to look like an idiot, english is not my first language.

1) RHS is not a hive-mind, some people might want criticisms, others might not. Obviously the people posting in this thread won't know what the case is for whomever made x, so they have to take their chances. By the same token others will have different reactions to requests for new content. Additionally not all criticisms are valid. For example people might complain about a certain behaviour like armour values not knowing that things are set up that way due to how Arma works, not because we want it exactly that way. Hopefully we get as good as we can get with the systems provided by Arma, and hopefully those systems will keep improving with each Arma update. It's actually pretty cool how far arma 3 has come since its first release. And lastly bug reports should be directed to the feedback tracker, not the forums.

2) If people are PM'ing you being rude that sucks; don't do that people. Not everyone is going to like things we do; that's fine.

3) Requests aren't allowed as per forum rules I believe; so if they are being deleted that's the forum moderators doing so. It's probably for the best because people who read this thread would rather, I assume, see useful things like upcoming additions to the mod, pictures of what others are doing with the mod, comments on functionalities and so on... It's not that these comments are being censored because we want an internet 'safe space' and hate free speech ; it's just more practical that the thread isn't bloated with "WHY NO TUNGUSKA YET!?!?" comments. And yes I think it is easy sometimes for non-native English speakers to be misunderstood so it is unfortunate when that happens. So that's a good reminder to not immediately jump down someone's throat when there may have been a misunderstanding.

4) Another thought on requests — the chances of a request being either something we haven't already considered at some point (ie. something we don't already have sitting in the backlog of tasks for people to take) or don't want to do (not in scope of mod / not practical/useful for the game) are basically zero. Your request is more likely (but not by much) to be something useful if it's not asking for new content but rather some new way to use content that already exists, or some minor feature (within reason) that might not be obvious. And ideally something you're sure doesn't already exist. Like "can x be made a static model placeable in eden?". A lot of content requests can come off as insulting purely because they just don't know how many hundreds of hours of unpaid work they're asking for. Basically everyone has tonnes of things they themselves want to do but don't have the time for. So simply asking for x nicely isn't going to create the weeks of free time for that to happen. If you can pay the thousands of dollars for that time to exist though, that might be a different story. Anyway, requests will always happen because no one reads anything and no one cares, and it only takes seconds to ask for something and hell you never know maybe you'll get what you want (you won't) despite the nearly infinitely small chances... Like gambling. And finally, on "go make it yourself" vs "we'll look into it" — actually "we've looked into it" would be more accurate in most cases — I guess most of the longer-term RHS people got sick of a polite 'no' hundreds of pages ago. Regardless, they're both saying the same thing, one just hides the 'no' behind polite rhetoric. Personally I prefer the harsh truth; politeness is often overrated.

So tl;dr: Crit things if you want, but don't expect anything from it. Even valid criticisms might not get fixed immediately/ever if the time to fix vs difference made is too low. If you find problems use the bug tracker rather than the forum.

• Like 4

I'm wondering if someone can point me to some documentation for how to use the javelin launcher? I can lock onto targets with T but when I fire, the missle goes straight up into the air.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cameronmcdonald said:

If you look in your .rpt log file when you've loaded the RHS modset, you should find the prerequisite entries there.

I actually get no errors in my rpt about rhafrf. But I need to add something into the mission.sqm to force players to use it. Otherwise they won't see the content.