Ohhhh, no love for awesome tradition to paint different names on gun barrels? :(

Ohhhh, no love for awesome tradition to paint different names on gun barrels? :(

Oh no, I like them as a concept very much. I'm just not too keen on the politcal related ones, that's all. The idea itself is great.

Well, you should consider that soldiers, especially tankers, sometimes have very specific sense of humor. ;)

And most of these decals are actually real ones, that can be seen on photos.

Hello everyone--one of the biggest issues many had with our first release was the overall sound quality of the mod (whether it be custom sounds or the use of vanilla ones). With the help of our newest contributor LAxemann, we're trying rectify that. Feel free to comment and make suggestions; we aim to include these sounds with our first big hotfix. :)

QYWm1e6jr8Y

I suspect these sounds won't be "chunky" enough for many. They are more ACE_SM than JSRS, plus a little more. They are very high quality sounds and well-balanced amongst themselves, but I had to go full-screen to see whether that M4 was suppressed or not.

Perfect M136 sound, though. I loathe all the woooosh noises that people think these weapons make.

I suspect these sounds won't be "chunky" enough for many. They are more ACE_SM than JSRS, plus a little more. They are very high quality sounds and well-balanced amongst themselves, but I had to go full-screen to see whether that M4 was suppressed or not.

Perfect M136 sound, though. I loathe all the woooosh noises that people think these weapons make.

Huge props for identifying the sounds as less compressed than most people are used to.

While making sounds is an art for itself (and can therefore only satisfy the ones that feel similar about how something should sound like), I decided to go this way since I rather turn my volume up a notch than playing with overly compressed samples

that lack all dynamic range. This is a problem with many sounds. And I'm not talking about my buddy Jarhead's JSRS, he actually did a little dynamic range update after I showed him what that means. :D

For everyone who wants to dig deeper into what compression is and why too much of it takes away from the sound (even tho it might appear "fatter" at the first glance):

Edited by LAxemann

Hello everyone--one of the biggest issues many had with our first release was the overall sound quality of the mod (whether it be custom sounds or the use of vanilla ones). With the help of our newest contributor LAxemann, we're trying rectify that. Feel free to comment and make suggestions; we aim to include these sounds with our first big hotfix. :)

QYWm1e6jr8Y

Oh wow, this makes me really happy! :)

You're welcome.

I'll soon add full info on US decals in the documentation, so you will be able to take a more "selective" approach ( removing only the cannon's decal but leaving the rest ) :)

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...4A7B1FC13F807/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...B58F63F91190F/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...2F6CA3F956761/

None of these MGs are part of the RHS Escalation mod. Please, check the name of the author and comment it to the appropriate thread :)

This is happening with my group too. We removed all the rhs Russian weapons that seemed to fix it. We are working on a config that replaces the rhs Russian weapons with toadies 2k weapons

This is happening with my group too. We removed all the rhs russian weapons that seemed to fix it. We are working on a config that replaces the rhs weapons with toadies 2k weapons

What mod do the weapons that disfigure belong to? Have you tried inquiring with that mod's author?

This is happening with my group too. We removed all the rhs russian weapons that seemed to fix it. We are working on a config that replaces the rhs weapons with toadies 2k weapons

What do you mean?

He was complaining about model bugs in MGs that were not made by RHS, but from another mod/addon, so obviously, we can't fix them.

I have noticed that some of the class names for the armies are a little bit wrong on the wiki. For example, "hs_faction_usarmy_wd". I understand that it should be "rhs_faction_usarmy_wd" but just wanna let you guys know. I'm aware the wiki is still in dev, just making sure all the class names are correct and so we can get some sweet user made missions in the works! Thanks for the fantastic mod!

I have noticed that some of the class names for the armies are a little bit wrong on the wiki. For example, "hs_faction_usarmy_wd". I understand that it should be "rhs_faction_usarmy_wd" but just wanna let you guys know.

That was my fault. Already corrected.

Thank you for the report :)

If there is any more issue with classnames report them too please ( be it here or send me a PM ).

Nice mod, brings back memories from OFP.

Got some pointers if you guys want them.

PEQ15's are mounted on top rail (M4) in most regular Army units (1st Cav including. They could've changed their SOP after AFG deployment, but I'm not tracking that).

'240s and SAWs, PEQs are left side mounted, that way your AG can use it.

Ammo loads are higher as well.

What do you mean?

He was complaining about model bugs in MGs that were not made by RHS, but from another mod/addon, so obviously, we can't fix them.

It started happening when we added rhs, All addon and vanilla MGs were glitching around. Once we removed the Russian weapons it stopped.

As I´ve said before - and nobody really responded, so maybe it got lost on the flood of praising and other bug reporting - the ASDG JR implementation is kinda buggy, it indeed makes US weapons attach any modded optics/flashlights even use TMR bipod/autorest feature, but the RHS accessories - on the other hand - aren´t accessible to vanilla nor other modded weapons ASDG JR compliants, and the russian weapons ignore ASDG JR completely... this MG bugs could be related with this faulty ASDG JR config - as I could se a bipod distorted on one of those screenshots, and a faulty ASDG config could affect other modded weapons (ArmA3 engine is full of surprises when code doesn´t follow certain paths or present some typo errors), so it may be RHS fault indeed... please, ask Robalo to review your code, he may point out the issues there!

cheers!

Seems the RU radio protocol is overriden by other mods, since I hear it in english. Another frustrating aspect in A3, you can't use mix radio protocols it seems.

infact it is most probably that other 3rd party mods cause that. We use extended array in our configs while most mods that use custom radiochaters dont. Try to run rhs as a last mod

Alright, I got US Armed Forces to work. MistyRonin was right, the files weren't properly downloaded and not all of 'em were there, so I'm downloading the Russian half to test out tonight as well. Thanks guys.

;2810066']As I´ve said before - and nobody really responded' date=' so maybe it got lost on the flood of praising and other bug reporting - the ASDG JR implementation is kinda buggy, it indeed makes US weapons attach any modded optics/flashlights even use TMR bipod/autorest feature, but the RHS accessories - on the other hand - aren´t accessible to vanilla nor other modded weapons ASDG JR compliants, and the russian weapons ignore ASDG JR completely... this MG bugs could be related with this faulty ASDG JR config - as I could se a bipod distorted on one of those screenshots, and a faulty ASDG config could affect other modded weapons (ArmA3 engine is full of surprises when code doesn´t follow certain paths or present some typo errors), so it may be RHS fault indeed... please, ask Robalo to review your code, he may point out the issues there!

cheers![/quote']

There's also that as well. I was kinda bummed out, the ACOG sight in this mod is one of the few good ones I like to use, so it kinda sucks that I can't use it on any of the other weapons I use.

Well, you should consider that soldiers, especially tankers, sometimes have very specific sense of humor. ;)

And most of these decals are actually real ones, that can be seen on photos.

I know that, that's why I don't advocate to remove them from the mod at all. If people want them then they have the option to use them. As long mission makers can remove the decals because they might want to keep their game - not real life - free of politics, everyone is happy. Since that is the case there's no point in argueing for or against the "realism" of the decals etc.

Awesome mod, that's what the ArmA world has been waiting for...

Two questions though: will there be armed HMMWVs (as far as I could see, atm there are only unarmed) and will the choppers have RotorLib support?

The Russian weapons pbo caused LMGs (modded & vanilla) to freak out as shown above. It appears that this happens when the game detects RHS Russian weapons alongside other modded weapons.

At first iam sorry, i tough that were mgs from RHS mod, i got this screens from a squad member. I looked into it, the mgs from the images are from the STI MG Pack. We use the STI Pack for a while and we never had issues with that. After removing RHS today all is back normal.

Have to say that im slighly dissapointed with the mod in current state after some trys to design missions. Its a big problem that the mod itself is not compatible with other mods in some terms. For example, im using the RDS tanks to have some ISIS insurgents with heavy weapons agains the russians. setup is :

1. Empty RDS Tank (AAF Site) with AAF crew in it

against

2. Standart RHS Escalation US Forces

result: the AAF tank is shooting the US faction guys, but US faction seems to be friendly for some reason to AAF

of course i set AAF as OPFOR ally in editor

Also i think it had been a better decision to have "normal" penetration and damage calculations for the tanks. Its incredible hard to design balanced mission with that, but thats only my opinion.

Edited by KingoftheSandbox

@KingoftheSandbox - strange, just tried such setup (2t55 & 2t72) and it's working (M1A1 AIM destroyed whole aaf group)? Do use any other mods too (beside rds tank)?

If it did, tell us what version of Arma 3 are you using and which branch?

I try again with A3 VANILA (the version is current version 417492) + CBA + RHS

and as you guess there are no crouching bug,

so i'm try to find what is making this

guess it'll take some time but i'm assume this addons are making problem

Improved fatigue system

Unused Animations Mod

i'll check again