The man responsible for the rusty guns in Ravage was the much missed @cosmic10r, he did some awesome work on the vanilla handguns but i'm not sure if they were ever finished. We still talk from time to time, I'll ask him about the handguns the next time we chat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After a long hard day in the Apocalypse, I like to take a shower...

yM4MVCB.jpg

:rthumb:

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

On 6/2/2019 at 11:32 PM, haleks said:

Not at the moment no - I'm not sure how I would go to add support for vehicles variants...

On 6/2/2019 at 11:41 PM, EO said:

This is the what I thought. ^^

Either new "factions" in the module options, or a text field to 

+1

The possibility to add other factions would be very great (especially if they can keep their gear without much hassle). I‘ve always wanted to try Space Marines vs. Zombies...that‘s how I discovered Ravage.

3 hours ago, EO said:

After a long hard day in the Apocalypse, I like to take a shower...

Is that little shack your house? And what are you gonna do with those bodies? Are those your food source? I mean, you gotta do what you gotta do... Especially with no more tactical bacon... 🥓🥓🥓

😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was thinking much darker thoughts about the corpses lying there, necro is a thing *shudders*  😁

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Zakuaz said:

I was thinking much darker thoughts about the corpses lying there, necro is a thing *shudders*  😁

Corpses? What corpses? Survive hard, party hard! 🍻🍹🥃🎉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hey guys,

I should be able to pick up Murazor's GC tomorrow; meanwhile, as you can imagine, I had plenty of time to test some boring config stuff - and found out it's possible to apply clutter to roads :

?imw=1024&imh=640&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

My initial plan was to create a clutter class to spawn cracks on asphalt, but I'm not sure it's possible to apply clutter to roads specifically : roads seem to return the surrounding surfaceType, rather than "concrete" or "asphalt"...

I'm probably going to add that feature to the Derelict Mod, rather than Ravage...

• Like 8

I'm finding lots of these campfires throughout the Livonia map, is it possible Ravage can take advantage of these?

gvPxvCN.jpg 

• Like 3

@ EO,   Would be cool to see one burning off in the dusk lit, foggy distance "hmm wonder what that is" and stumble onto a Raider camp haha, or some Zeds flossing!!

I've been playing a lot on the GM map just running around skirmishing with a few mods then this morning I thought "oh man, use the border fence as a barrier from the Zed/quarantine zone"  .

Could be pretty interesting and immersive with some placed hordes and lines of abandoned cars at the fence line where to roads end. 

Like the Apoc had progressed just slow enough for some Gov's to prepare.  I'm going to set East up with some Evil warlord style OPFOR and a sprinkle of Zeds then have the West just a shit show of zombie activity, see how that goes 😃 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zakuaz said:

I'm going to set East up with some Evil warlord style OPFOR

Make sure to enable dynamic simulation, that way you’re not rendering AI miles across the map from you. 😉 

• Like 2

When I mix Ravage with GAIA units from MCC - generally with groups that receive bigger scale orders/waypoints - those groups will always shoot every zombie and no more follow the bigger plan.

Any ideas how to make them more... forgiving to zedz?

I am currently thinking about regularly scanning groups and if basically zedz are closest, temporarily weaken their spotting skill. Other ideas, guys? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tortuosit said:

When I mix Ravage with GAIA units from MCC - generally with groups that receive bigger scale orders/waypoints - those groups will always shoot every zombie and no more follow the bigger plan.

Any ideas how to make them more... forgiving to zedz?

I am currently thinking about regularly scanning groups and if basically zedz are closest, temporarily weaken their spotting skill. Other ideas, guys? 

I would go with weakening their spotting skill, and even maybe add in a larger fleeing coefficient, that way they may get scared or something. (Run rather than keep shooting) 😂😂

• Like 1

@tortuosit, you could take a different approach and dial down the hearing and sight of the zeds themselves, this way they will pay less mind to AI who in return may be less interested in them.... 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 5:23 PM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Is that little shack your house? And what are you gonna do with those bodies? Are those your food source? I mean, you gotta do what you gotta do... Especially with no more tactical bacon... 🥓🥓🥓

😂😂

Hmm, would it be possible to add the rabbit&knife functionality and something like the drinking-dirty-water-effect to non-zombie corpses? Disgusting, I know, but...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whiteface73 said:

Hmm, would it be possible to add the rabbit&knife functionality and something like the drinking-dirty-water-effect to non-zombie corpses? Disgusting, I know, but...

I know for sure it’s most definitely possible, but I have no idea on how to implement such a feature, would need a very long script, with some functions, and even some EH’s. Once a rabbit entity is killed you’d have to use the “Killed” Event handler to basically tell zombies that a rabbit died, then you’d have to use “attach to” command to follow up... Honestly this one is out of my skill level, as I have no idea how to work animations! I figure asking Haleks, or even EO would be of more help mate! 🙂 

The Event handlers list you’re looking for:

///////////////////////////////////////

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#Killed

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Cheers! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

@haleks

Question above...

...and a question about the custom weapon lists. I‘ve been using the custom weapon arrays for some time now, but I think I may have done a mistake. Until now I‘ve entered those weapons I wanted to have a higher probability (in my case M4 and M16 without extras) several times into the array. Now I‘ve noticed that most Bandits etc. use weapons which appear only once in the array (weapons with extras, i.e. silencers, scopes). 

How exactly do the custom weapon arrays work?

38 minutes ago, whiteface73 said:

@haleks

Question above...

...and a question about the custom weapon lists. I‘ve been using the custom weapon arrays for some time now, but I think I may have done a mistake. Until now I‘ve entered those weapons I wanted to have a higher probability (in my case M4 and M16 without extras) several times into the array. Now I‘ve noticed that most Bandits etc. use weapons which appear only once in the array (weapons with extras, i.e. silencers, scopes). 

How exactly do the custom weapon arrays work?

Regarding cannibalism (you bad boy...), yes it's possible but right now the code is a bit restrictive in the way it handles vehicle types, and you would have to enter a ton of classnames.

I'll change that - it's only a command script to replace : everything will work excatly the same, but it will be much easier to add support for new classnames.

Regarding weapons lists : the occurrence of a specific classname isn't a factor - I use "pushBackUnique" to populate the lists (I realize now it's not really necessary, another thing to tweak for the next update).

More details on the code behind :

For each of the weapons, a "cost" variable is calculated based on the weapon characteristics; the weapons array is then sorted, with the "weakest" and "strongest" weapons being placed at the beginning and at the end of the final weapons list. The code deciding what weapon to spawn is made to "prefer" classnames located around the middle of the weapons array, in order to avoid having too many useless or overpowered weapons ingame.

I just need to change the "pushback" method, and your approach will work.

EDIT : another possible approach would be to override the lists and define those yourself - I'll post a code snippet later today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, you don‘t have to change the custom weapon scripts just for me. I just wanted to understand why I didn‘t find any assault rifles without accessories even though (in my fault logic) I gave them a high priority.

Regarding cannibalism I have to admit that this is my weak 🤢 point in movies. I had hard times watching „The Road“ or certain parts of „The Walking Dead“... 

Anyway, when your Hydration Rating goes down in Ravage you drink dirty water...and when your Nutrition Rating goes down... 😈😆

This could be a cool feature!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

The Wendigo is strong in you my friend....

I'm not against the idea, but I'd hate to see it added as just another thing you can do with a gutting knife and a campfire. There would have to be some kind of cause and effect tied to that particular act and with the absence of a humanity/karma/infection system in Ravage the only thing that could be applied would be a - rating.

Some of the symptoms of Kuru:  limited mobility, visual impairment, shivering.....these 3 things are within the realm of possibility in A3. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good point, EO. That reminds me I really need to start working on some "illness" system, something light we could plug into several aspects of survival...

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, EO said:

The Wendigo is strong in you my friend....

I'm not against the idea, but I'd hate to see it added as just another thing you can do with a gutting knife and a campfire. There would have to be some kind of cause and effect tied to that particular act and with the absence of a humanity/karma/infection system in Ravage the only thing that could be applied would be a - rating.

Some of the symptoms of Kuru:  limited mobility, visual impairment, shivering.....these 3 things are within the realm of possibility in A3. 

I totally agree with you! That‘s why I mentioned the dirty-water-effect as a simple method to punish cannibalism. A system of shivering, visual impairment etc. would be very welcome. Just eating everyone you meet would make the Apocalypse too easy.

edit: oh, changing the cannibal‘s skin to make them look like those solitaire bandits and blufor reacting hostile would be perfect.

Edited by whiteface73
afterthought
  • Like 2

I'd like an illness system!

Illness type 1 from eating anything..it's some type of nonlethal ( well it can be lethal if gone unchecked)  byproduct of the contamination/virus, surface contact and ingestion. You'd need some pills to treat it ( reskinned rads bottle) Threat level mild. Gives us more loot to hunt down in the form of those pills.

Illness type 2 the entire Kuru thing , more pills to loot!

Illness type 3 would be something along the line of a bite from a Zed.  We'd maybe need another class of Zed that didnt kill you but instead was a "Spreader" or "Infector" ...he's really fast , tackles you and bites the crap out of you. You have to kill him before he gets too many bites of yes you will die right there.

10 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

there is a Gutting script created by George Floros GF that allows you to gut zombies and or bandits if that's what your lookin for (:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zakuaz said:

I'd like an illness system!

Illness type 1 from eating anything..it's some type of nonlethal ( well it can be lethal if gone unchecked)  byproduct of the contamination/virus, surface contact and ingestion. You'd need some pills to treat it ( reskinned rads bottle) Threat level mild. Gives us more loot to hunt down in the form of those pills.

Illness type 2 the entire Kuru thing , more pills to loot!

Illness type 3 would be something along the line of a bite from a Zed.  We'd maybe need another class of Zed that didnt kill you but instead was a "Spreader" or "Infector" ...he's really fast , tackles you and bites the crap out of you. You have to kill him before he gets too many bites of yes you will die right there.

Have you used Vandeansons infection script?

• Like 3