1 hour ago, Zakuaz said:

I had world war 3 on a map this morning!

I have been hunting some bug in game that's bothered me for years now, when I fly a Heli, the game will randomly crash, sometimes 5 minutes in...sometimes 3 hours in.

So I unloaded all my mods - again- except for CBA, Ravage, TPW Mods, Achilles and the other Eden editor thingy. I set down Ravage AI, Surv, Settings, Zeds, Etc... 4am mission time blah blah and fired it up.

Well I had forgot I had TPW Skirmish set to "on" with OP, IND and BLUFOR units, multiple squads, hasty troubleshooting pays sometimes.

I Jump in a Kajman ( had no idea what was about to unfold) and fly myself towards this town and all hell is breaking loose, it was the coolest shit I've ever seen in the game!

There was tracer fire streaming all over the place and I'm seeing Blufor engage Raiders and some damn CSAT team is getting rushed by zombies.  50 Cal fire from one technical shooting at another technical 500 meters across town, RPG hits a van full of Syndicate... I'm trying to land and get in on this action but the place is lit up, fluid and very kinetic haha.  I died about 3 meters from my Heli... took some heavy AA to the bird on my way down and I think a cook off secondary got me while I was crawling away, fuck you ZEDS!

I can't wait to get home and try it with some time on my hands to enjoy it!

I've done this -often- on purpose before but not with the unit numbers set as high for each mod and I also probably had 20+ gear mods on, ranging from RHS to SMA, Friths, Warfare Thai...you name it, I ran it and 10 maps, all CUPs loaded...jesus.... No AI stuff though.

Game didn't crash but that's not conclusive nor points me to the culprit mod.

I will say I was surprised at the frame rates, I didn't have the read out on screen but you know when Arma is running good, the animations look so much better, everything does. So yeah, looks like I'm going full vanilla ( well Ravage and TPW stay, I wont play Arma with out em ) if this is the action and performance I can get.

That's awesome, you could pretend that when that happened, it was during the early days of the apocalypse when the military was still trying to cordon off the infected or something. Honestly, I'm gonna take a look at that "TPW mod" because I want to get in on this action too LUL

• Like 1

Exactly ArteyFlow!

Good times.

I love TPW stuff, it adds a lot of life to the empty Arma world IMO...and can spice things up if you so choose. Zombies will attack the ambient Civs...hell IIRC they attack the dogs.. I never liked that... maybe that was Ryans zeds??

• Like 1

GM comes with a few really cool tracks that can be used via trigger effects....Limits, Remaining, Scatter and Uncertain are perfect for some Ravage fun on Weferlingen.

Uncertain wouldn't sound out of place in a Romero flick scored by Goblin. :don8:

• Like 1

I was working on a small feature involving those tracks before my GC died. ^^

I will share the script soon...

• Like 1

Dah! I knew it!!

• Like 2

They're finally going through with aliens - and it looks like we'll have another terrain too. And all that new gear... ❤️

EDIT : That Stalker vibe :

ss_b5cbd3b849e2576c96ec04fa852e60b00cef7

EDIT² : Holy shit, it's already available (partially) on dev-branch :

Goddamn stupid card had to fail me now... >_<

• Like 5

Holy wow new DLC sweet! 

Wow what a cool idea IMO... and all that NEW STUFF, I am excite!

2 hours ago, EO said:

GM comes with a few really cool tracks that can be used via trigger effects....Limits, Remaining, Scatter and Uncertain are perfect for some Ravage fun on Weferlingen.

Uncertain wouldn't sound out of place in a Romero flick scored by Goblin. :don8:

Here you go : some music for those long road trips...

Spoiler

if !(hasInterface) exitWith {};
waituntil {!isnull player};
m1983_ost = [
	"gm_preprations",
	"gm_medley",
	"gm_limits",
	"gm_intermezzo",
	"gm_1983",
	"gm_longplay",
	"gm_uncertain",
	"gm_panzerkraft",
	"gm_leopards",
	"gm_remaining",
	"gm_longstrides",
	"gm_response",
	"gm_scatter",
	"gm_motschuetzen"
];
c_ost = m1983_ost;
_ehID = addMusicEventHandler ["MusicStop", {
	_this spawn {
		sleep 3;
		playMusic selectRandom c_ost;
	};
}];
_ehID = addMusicEventHandler ["MusicStart", {
	_this spawn {
		c_ost = c_ost - [_this # 0];
		if (c_ost isEqualTo []) then {
			c_ost = m1983_ost;
		};
		if (vehicle player isEqualTo player) exitWith {};
		_txt = parseText format [
			"<t align='right' size='1.6'>%1<br/><t font='PuristaBold' size='1.8'>%2<br/></t></t>",
			"Auto Radio",
			_this # 0
		];
		[_txt, true] remoteExec ['BIS_fnc_textTiles',player,true];
	};
}];
addMissionEventHandler ["Loaded",{playMusic selectRandom c_ost}];
playMusic selectRandom m1983_ost;

0 fadeMusic 0;
radioMenu = [
	["",true],
	["Volume +", [0], "", -5, [["expression", "
	playSound ['Beep_Target', true];
	0 fadeMusic (musicVolume + 0.5)
	"]], "1", "1"],

["Volume -", [0], "", -5, [["expression", "
	if (musicVolume > 0.5) then {
		0 fadeMusic (musicVolume - 0.5)
	}
	"]], "1", "1"],

["Skip", [0], "", -5, [["expression", "
	playMusic selectRandom c_ost;
	"]], "1", "1"],

["Turn OFF", [0], "", -5, [["expression", "
	playSound [selectRandom ['fd_target_popup_small_f','fd_target_popdown_small_f'], true];
	0 fadeMusic 0
	"]], "1", "1"],

["Exit", [], "", -3, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"]
];

player addAction ["Autoradio", {
	playSound [selectRandom ['fd_target_popup_small_f','fd_target_popdown_small_f'], true];
	3 fadeMusic 1;
}, [], 999, false, true, "",
"!((vehicle player) isEqualTo player) && musicVolume isEqualTo 0"];
player addAction ["Autoradio", {
	showCommandingMenu "#USER:radioMenu";
}, [], 999, false, true, "",
"!((vehicle player) isEqualTo player) && !(musicVolume isEqualTo 0)"];
player addEventHandler ["getOutMan", {1 fadeMusic 0}];

It's WIP and needs some refinements, but I reckon it works pretty well already.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zakuaz said:

Holy wow new DLC sweet! 

Wow what a cool idea IMO... and all that NEW STUFF, I am excite!

The map...I want to see more of the map. It seems to be perfect for some ravage survival action. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

The map...I want to see more of the map. It seems to be perfect for some ravage survival action. 

Indeed. They are using some assets from Dayz, so yeah, the map will definitely have a nice post-apo/abandonned vibe.

Man, I would love to see a "remastered" version of Altis with some of the recently added assets, like the supermarkets and factories from Malden & Apex...

I wonder where altian people do/did their food shopping? ^^

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Indeed. They are using some assets from Dayz, so yeah, the map will definitely have a nice post-apo/abandonned vibe.

Man, I would love to see a "remastered" version of Altis with some of the recently added assets, like the supermarkets and factories from Malden & Apex...

I wonder where altian people do/did their food shopping? ^^

Well, I mean some of the Vanilla buildings (mostly those with the big windows in the front) are meant to be stores. Altian people are not some basic pleb. They are very well established. They are not buying in super markets or even discount stores. No, only specialized stores like butcher's shops and small grocery stores. ;3

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Moon_chilD said:

Well, I mean some of the Vanilla buildings (mostly those with the big windows in the front) are meant to be stores. Altian people are not some basic pleb. They are very well established. They are not buying in super markets or even discount stores. No, only specialized stores like butcher's shops and small grocery stores. ;3

😆

„Oh, f*** it, two apple stores and five craft beer shops...but not a single f***in‘ super market!“

(me in a z-apocalypse)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why is it every time I resume a mission the evil Arma engine steals my Ravage shemagh that sits in the glasses slot?

Could it conflict with something else?

Evil Arma engine!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, haleks said:

It's WIP and needs some refinements, but I reckon it works pretty well already.

Works a treat, thanks mate. :-)  

• Like 1

I love missions around dusk and Dawn with a little of the mid day/night sprinkled in. The lighting in the mornings and evenings is better looking IMO.

Would it be possible to have a time dilation system? Something a mission creator could set. 

Example would be, I set my missions to x3 or x4 time acceleration normally but with an adjustable time system I could make it, lets say, 5am to 7am x3 speed, 7am to 5pm x10 speed but 5pm to 9pm x3...This would put most of my mission times in the -visual- sweet zone but still give me those day/night cycles.  I'm guessing most folks can't sit down at their PC and play Arma for 12 hours straight on one mission but some of us do 😃

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zakuaz said:

I love missions around dusk and Dawn with a little of the mid day/night sprinkled in. The lighting in the mornings and evenings is better looking IMO.

Would it be possible to have a time dilation system? Something a mission creator could set. 

Example would be, I set my missions to x3 or x4 time acceleration normally but with an adjustable time system I could make it, lets say, 5am to 7am x3 speed, 7am to 5pm x10 speed but 5pm to 9pm x3...This would put most of my mission times in the -visual- sweet zone but still give me those day/night cycles.  I'm guessing most folks can't sit down at their PC and play Arma for 12 hours straight on one mission but some of us do 😃

This should do it :

Spoiler

fnc_sunangle = {
	private ["_lat", "_day", "_hour", "_angle", "_isday"];
	_lat = -1 * getNumber(configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "latitude");
	_day = 360 * (dateToNumber date);
	_hour = (daytime/24) * 360;
	_sunangle = abs ((12 * cos(_day) - 78) * cos(_lat) * cos(_hour)) - (24 * sin(_lat) * cos(_day));
};
0 spawn {
	while {true} do {
		setTimeMultiplier ((call fnc_sunangle)/10) max 1;
		sleep 1;
	};
};

😉

• Like 3

@haleks Do you have any plans concerning the Contact DLC?

4 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

@haleks Do you have any plans concerning the Contact DLC?

I was planning on using some of the alien assets for Contact, but BIS announced those won't be available in the default data :

It's a weird decision with 2 down sides :

- Missions relying on said assets require to manually enable them. Not a big deal, but I really don't see the point.

- This possibly means said assets will be locked to those not owning the DLC... Maybe to force people to buy the DLC? BIS probably figures a lot of missions could take "free" advantage of the DLC otherwise.

I was very excited about the possibilities offered by the alien ships & static objects, but it appears those won't be as available as "regular" assets usually are. It's disappointing, especially since the terrain will be in the default data (so they are clearly not doing this to save HDD space). I will wait for more informations, but all assets added by Arma 3 Contact should be supported one way or another by Ravage - especially the CBRN equipment.

• Like 6

Hmm yeah that is odd to have them separate and activated via the launcher...I mean if I'm not wanting to see aliens then I'd ( I think..?) simply not place any in the editor and away we go eh?  Does the Sci-Fi offend some players so much so that BI felt they'd need to cordon it off? haha 

BTW, Haleks, I seem to recall being able to place down vehicles in the editor and still have the ability to siphon fuel and salvage/repair them but I'm not able too now.  Maybe that was a Warfare Thai module I used to use, IDK.  I know it's never worked for CIV vehicles spawned in by TPW mod but that wasn't a big deal, not being able to refuel my stolen tank though... ouch haha.

Nevermind the siphon thing... You have to find the right spot on some of the vehicles haha.

• Like 1

Think this measurement is specifically for the cry babys "I don't want aliens in my hyper realism game". We shall see how they handle it with the Alien stuff. 
I'd be annoying if it'd be locked behind a paywall though. They wouldn't really make the backlash of the cDLC better with this approach! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hmm, I was thinking I‘d have to pay to use anything from this DLC? Am I wrong, are some things for free?

I don‘t care for the campaign, alien stuff is nice to have, but gear and terrain are a must have.

Terrain assets and decorative items are a free content update! 

100+ Decorative & Terrain Objects* - Content creators can let their imagination run wild with dozens of new structures and props, many of which are available in multiple color variants. Besides the new assets for the Livonia terrain, this includes objects related to CBRN (sealed transport packaging, a weather station, and more), Decontamination (tents, showers, spill bunds, cleaning equipment, tarps, liquid hoses, and more) and Field Outposts (rugged equipment, terminals, furniture, lamps, solar panels, power cables, cargo platforms, and more).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021790/Arma_3_Contact/

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, whiteface73 said:

Hmm, I was thinking I‘d have to pay to use anything from this DLC? Am I wrong, are some things for free?

I don‘t care for the campaign, alien stuff is nice to have, but gear and terrain are a must have.

Yes, you will have to own the DLC to use its assets : weapons, gear, terrains etc...

But Alien ships will most likely be static objects, and there is no way currently to limit their use for people who didn't buy the DLC. Basically, anyone could use those alien assets in their missions, and I think BIS is trying to prevent that. Sci-fi fans will buy the DLC for the alien part, I reckon they know that and want to capitalize on it by restricting access to a selection of assets in a way they never did before.

And in case some of the alien ships are driveable, it's another effective way to prevent "free" use of such vehicles in mission-making : most of the scenarios would use aliens as hostiles, not make you play as one, so simply locking the ability to use it makes less sense than downright locking the asset behind ownership/paywall.

EDIT : DnA just confirmed my thoughts :

😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1