8 minutes ago, Ian Hoar said:

Need some tips. I just started playing this mod a couple of days ago. Kind of bought Arma just to try it out and I absolutely love it. I have one issue though, maybe I am playing it wrong, but I keep dying within the first hour of every play. It's very frustrating and it's always due to the fast Zombies. Is there a way to remove fast zombies or should I be playing with one of the community addons or is there some tips for how to stay alive? They can always outrun me due to stamina and I always run out of ammunition even though I save it specifically for the runners. This is very realistic, because in reality I would be dead within the first hour of this world. :D

If you are playing the default scenario then yes... surviving those first few days is key of which many of us would succumb... 

I love zombieland for that reason... rule 1... cardio... LOL

in any case... i use Qnet stamina mod remove stamina for ravage. realistic or not i find it an annoying mechanic for survival gameplay. personal choice.

Otherwise you can always download or create your own mission with walkers only... this is the way i prefer the game.

There are a few missions out there and a bunch on the workshop.

And there may one or two coming from other community members *cough*cough*

Let us know if you have anymore questions. Here is a link to some missions as well put together for us by Kodabar

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Missions

oh and btw... great first post :drinking2:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ian Hoar said:

Still loving this mod though, just want to stay alive a bit longer. 

I would invoke Zombieland Rule 22 – Know Your Way Out.....Enhanced Movement:f: 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Evil Organ said:

I would invoke Zombieland Rule 22 – Know Your Way Out.....Enhanced Movement helps with this rule. :f: 

ahhh... another must have.... check your steam pm...

3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

And there may one or two coming from other community members *cough*cough*

Lol....all in good time.

Spoiler

sN1momn.jpg

Soon™ 

• Like 5

Hi ! Is there someone ho have made a script with this code found in the wiki ?

With only Ravage allowed vanilla weapon. If you can share it.

Spoiler

nul = [this] execVM "scripts\system\rvgFill_weap.sqf"; 

Thanks in advance

Thanks for all the great info, I will try out that stamina mod and some missions. With unlimited stamina do you just keep running until you lose them? Would removing the fast zombies be a one liner somewhere when creating a new mission ? I fired up the editor once so far. :)

1 minute ago, Ian Hoar said:

Thanks for all the great info, I will try out that stamina mod and some missions. With unlimited stamina do you just keep running until you lose them? Would removing the fast zombies be a one liner somewhere when creating a new mission ? I fired up the editor once so far. :)

Get enhanced movement as well. It will allow to scale walls and get on roofs. Essential...

There is a great video somewhere that eo made. It is as easy as changing a setting in the modules.

I cant find the video. Weird. A number of the missions on the wiki will likely have walkers only. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ian Hoar said:

If your new to the the Editor I'd recommend watching kodabar's recent video tutorial which shows a step by step guide to creating your own Ravage mission (without fast zombies). 

Edit-

@kodabar, you really are the Ravage teams very own Bob Ross with a little bit of Ken Bruce thrown in for good measure, you could sing me a lullaby anytime. :don8:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ian Hoar said:

But remember: if you use any stamina mod it only affect stamina but not your running speed. Maximal running speed depends on mass which your character carry, so do not overload! I recommend you to use Enhanced movement like EO said in some post above, the game gets another dimension.

Tips for zeds: walkers are annoying but relatively slow, so don't shoot at them and try to evade, it's hard to hit their head when they're wobbling. Runners are completely different: they are fast, but easier to hit head, since they are running in straight line. If you are in town try to evade zed's into the building, brake LOS.

• Like 2

There's a big update (1.78) to ArmA 3 today. It's 7.5GB+ if you've got Apex, or about 1.1GB if you don't. It updates vehicle physics, Battleye and adds the Tac-Ops stuff. You might have to check your missions for side effects...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@kodabar, you really are the Ravage teams very own Bob Ross with a little bit of Ken Bruce thrown in for good measure, you could sing me a lullaby anytime. :don8:

Blimey. Well now I'm blushing.

You should hear my radio show where I play Japanese pop music and read oriental folk tales. Just what the people of Northumberland want at 9 o'clock in the morning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Ian Hoar Welcome to Bis forums and the Arma community, especially our beloved Ravage mod ;) which i need to play more of myself.

When you get around to it I have a Utube channel for Ravage https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXp9bLRLx8g-7BHGCD9xgA

It compiles all the videos from the community into one place, it has how to videos, clips, mini, and full episodes, great place to check out some vids of Ravage

and see Halek's work in action through the community. Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

If your new to the the Editor I'd recommend watching kodabar's recent video tutorial which shows a step by step guide to creating your own Ravage mission (without fast zombies). 

Edit-

Thats a great one... i thought you made one too... are these on the wiki? 

8 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

But remember: if you use any stamina mod it only affect stamina but not your running speed. Maximal running speed depends on mass which your character carry, so do not overload! I recommend you to use Enhanced movement like EO said in some post above, the game gets another dimension.

Tips for zeds: walkers are annoying but relatively slow, so don't shoot at them and try to evade, it's hard to hit their head when they're wobbling. Runners are completely different: they are fast, but easier to hit head, since they are running in straight line. If you are in town try to evade zed's into the building, brake LOS.

Good advice... i ususally play walkers only and i usually avoid ones that dont impede me, use EM a bunch, and if i become overwhelmed i look for somewhere to use as a funnel like a hallway or room depending on the ammo to force them into a tighter area which maximizes ammo effectiveness....  i try to do as little chaotic firing as possible and force them into areas where i get a higher hit chance.

2 hours ago, kodabar said:

Blimey. Well now I'm blushing.

You should hear my radio show where I play Japanese pop music and read oriental folk tales. Just what the people of Northumberland want at 9 o'clock in the morning.

How is that not the most subbed  channel on youtube ;D

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

@Ian Hoar Welcome to Bis forums and the Arma community, especially our beloved Ravage mod ;) which i need to play more of myself.

When you get around to it I have a Utube channel for Ravage https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXp9bLRLx8g-7BHGCD9xgA

It compiles all the videos from the community into one place, it has how to videos, clips, mini, and full episodes, great place to check out some vids of Ravage

and see Halek's work in action through the community. Cheers!

A link to the channel should be on the wiki as well...

• Like 1

I fiddled with weapon wear and jamming with weapon fixing a bit...

It works fairly well but the jamming ramps up to fast imo...

In any cases I tried to get to the point where it only became prevalent after a thousand rounds or so, I just configed the ammo crate to fix the gun but it should be fairly easy to config 2 types of repair kits that half repair and fully repair guns that you can keep with you...

It is wip/may never be included mechanic lol... another proof of concept ... I usually get that back from Haleks in much more advanced Ancient Sumerian that I can only barely read LOL

In any case... it isnt the best and isnt the worst lol

• Like 4

I will gladly translate weapon wearing into ancient sumerian too! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@haleks

Can you get weapon attachments in ravage from traders or loot by default besides silencers and flashlights? (like scopes for our guns and such?)

Also is there a way to make us lose at least one item when we die and revert back to our saves? So that could encourage us not to die more in ravage?

• Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 12:49 AM, haleks said:

Here you go :

_classnames = [];
_classnames spawn {
	waituntil {!isNil "rvg_wrecks"};
	sleep 1;
	{
		rvg_wrecks pushBack _x
	} forEach _this;
};

You just need to add the vehicles classname to the _classnames array.

So where do I put this code. Init.sqf or customGearLists.sqf

Also I found the items for Eden Objects, Eg the Wood Boards and other Items, is there a code Similar to the one above that can add items for Rvg lootable. 

3 minutes ago, wasbob45 said:

So where do I put this code. Init.sqf or customGearLists.sqf

Also I found the items for Eden Objects, Eg the Wood Boards and other Items, is there a code Similar to the one above that can add items for Rvg lootable. 

Anywhere as long as it is executed once : init.sqf, init field of any gamelogic or unit. If that's for a MP mission though, the code will need more tweaks.

Regarding the loot table modifications, I would rather wait the next update as its structure might change a bit.

12 hours ago, haleks said:

Anywhere as long as it is executed once : init.sqf, init field of any gamelogic or unit. If that's for a MP mission though, the code will need more tweaks.

Regarding the loot table modifications, I would rather wait the next update as its structure might change a bit.

Yeah it is for MP, but If it works for SP then Ill make do

Hey there Haleks any new info on Version 1.47 I really like how ravage has turned out so far Great job man.

1 minute ago, Gill93 said:

Hey there Haleks any new info on Version 1.47 I really like how ravage has turned out so far Great job man.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, Ian Hoar said:

Need some tips. I just started playing this mod a couple of days ago. Kind of bought Arma just to try it out and I absolutely love it. I have one issue though, maybe I am playing it wrong, but I keep dying within the first hour of every play. It's very frustrating and it's always due to the fast Zombies. Is there a way to remove fast zombies or should I be playing with one of the community addons or is there some tips for how to stay alive? They can always outrun me due to stamina and I always run out of ammunition even though I save it specifically for the runners. This is very realistic, because in reality I would be dead within the first hour of this world. :D

Hey I have created a few missions u might like using ravage here is the link. http://steamcommunity.com/id/painkiller9010/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:33 AM, kodabar said:

There's a big update (1.78) to ArmA 3 today. It's 7.5GB+ if you've got Apex, or about 1.1GB if you don't. It updates vehicle physics, Battleye and adds the Tac-Ops stuff. You might have to check your missions for side effects...

yeah I keep getting the same error code since the update hopefully it goes away

On 11/29/2017 at 3:23 PM, Ian Hoar said:

Here is a link to my workshop page...
http://steamcommunity.com/id/donnie_plays/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

I only have (4) missions right now but more are being worked on and planned. I have one for Altis, Stratis, Esseker and Chernarus Redux. Most of my missions have 95% walking zombies with the occasional runner (so you stay aware and do not get lazy about it). The purpose of the Altis, Stratis and Chenarus Redux missions I posted is to give Arma 3 players a somewhat easy way to jump in and get a DayZ Sandbox style experience, without having to download a ton of mods or buy any DLC.

• Like 2

Good news guys! I've finally found some time to make progress on the actual implementation of both the ambient furnitures and the overhauled loot module. Thanks to @Evil Organ's herculean work on creating compositions for most of the vanilla structures, the next update is almost ready for the final tests before release. At the moment, the ambient furnitures system only works with Arma3 structures : since most of the CUP structures use proxy furnitures/objects, creating compos for them doesn't seem to be necessary. The new loot module will correctly identify whatever proxy object you are looting, and spawn loot appropriate to the building you're in (civ, military etc).

More good news : the improved Loot module won't break any existing mission. Eventhough the new approach is quite different, I've made sure that already existing missions won't throw any errors. That being said, it is best to update your missions anyway, since each loot category (civilian, military, industrial) will have its own array of probabilities for each loot type (survival, weapons, clothing etc).

Here's the updated changelog for now :

Tweaked :
Zed pathfinding updates should execute a bit faster.
Reduced unnecessary zed pathfinding updates.
Minor optimizations to zombie AI.
Tweaked list of lootable props.
Positioning of spawned vehicles and wrecks.
Wrecks are now spawned as simpleObjects.
Edited gear lists for NPCs.
Added a new default uniform to zombies.
Traders will greet nearby players.
It is now possible to sleep on sofas.
Zombies have been assigned proper nameSounds.*
Traders will update their supplies at least once a day.

Fixed :
Zombies had trouble updating their pathfinding when in large groups.
Zombies were able to detect deployed mines and explosives.
Vehicles and wrecks spawning on top of each others.
Spawned wrecks sometimes sunk into the ground.
Fixed nomad traders failing to stop when approached.
Fixed an issue with backpacks grabbed by zombies.
Fixed another issue/exploit when selling weapons to traders.
Fixed incorrect loot spawn chances evaluation.
List of looted props wasn't correctly synchronized across clients.
Fixed an issue preventing players from looting multiple props of the same type.

New :
Added an Ambient Conversation setting to the AI module.
Zombies have a small chance to disarm players.
The Loot system module has been upgraded.
Added an Ambient Furnitures setting to the loot module.
Each loot category (civilian, military etc) has its own loot type probabilities setting.

ETA : Winter is coming.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1