I'm just plugging away on the guns now. My workflow is pretty efficient and depending on how many versions it takes to get it tolerable, i can rip about one off every hour and a half.

Some of the guns are up to v5 and sometimes v1 looks good. EOs zubr and the one i for rvg_weapons were v1s. Weird how some just come together and others are like a cat fight lol.

The longer the update takes the more guns i can do. Real question thats up to Haleks is how much you want in next update... 

I think the weapon jamming amd wear will take some play testing to get right... the way i set it up you can go through 1000 rnds before it starts getting annoying... thats a lot of 30 rnd mags. I also thought you could tie the wear calculation into the costs you set up... 

In any case, this next couple releases are gonna be great because the furniture and looting are total game changers imo.

• Like 4

@haleks 

Glad to see a changlog, I like the progress being visible, and its comforting to be able to see progress...I am curious though, as I have theories as to why things are happening, but its nice to see if it can be confirmed...When you kill an AI, if you happen to be a good distance away, a horde spawns. Is this related to the fact that the bodies could be considered loot? that maybe the zombies are tied to loot spawns? I am curious, in a way of trying to understand, about all of this...

Also, I am gonna try to see if I cannot learn more about scripting so I can maybe help discover something, or fix my own issues with scripting problems

3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

just watched it...

HOT DAMN THAT LOOKS GOOD!!!

Goodness gracious! I can't help but agree! Is this out? or is this still in progress? I want to get my hands on this really badly! I would be willing to use and outdated script, as long as I could play this!

@BattleChief: I haven't been able to reproduce that issue so far (at least in SP). More details on when it happens, or maybe a repro mission would help me figuring this out.

A few other people have been reporting it as well, but it seems to be rare and maybe difficult to reproduce?

@cosmic10r

That is a lot of 30rnd mags...I think for a weapon in that condition, at least 300 rounds is sure to have at least 1 jam...maybe 450 if your lucky...its just dependent on chance, and the restoration attempts made by the next owner of the weapon, as you could possibly try to fix one using better parts off of another gun of the same kind (as every gun won't have the EXACT same damages) but this would add more complications, and so I say maybe 450-600 is a reasonable set, as I never really see my primary weapon being used a whole lot...

Now if you ask me, I think that the SPAR and everything that isn't based on an AK, should jam more often..The AK is kinda hard to jam, and if it does, you got a good problem...Pistols should jam easier than anything else, except the Zubr...Revolvers never jam, and if they do, you need to fix a spring that works with the hammer, as the only other problem I can recall from experience, would be the ammunition

@haleks

I can post a screeshot of it on your Altis mission, with the current version, on my steam and send you a link so you can see an example....I have seen it happen too many times on Jimmakos' SP Esseker mission, and I thought it was just the map, but when it happened on Altis, I screenshotted it and have had it set aside incase you wanted it

Just click the first one, I tend to keep a few spare screenshots for fun...

EDIT: I just realized how zoomed out that is...I must have let my finger off the zoom button...I should swap out my mouse for my spare, the side zoom button isn't working properly :face_palm:

and please don't mind the quality, I don't play with a supercomputer and a good screen..I play off a basic computer with a cheap graphics card, on a TV screen...the TV was larger than my old monitor

I can go back and replicate the results, its pretty easy for me to do so...

EDIT: Because I forgot to mention, it seems pretty easy to me, I got it twice in a row, that was the second time...first time was with a PM

There is no reason why a horde would spawn when u kill Ai that i am aware of..

Im assuming you are using latest version of ravage and cba?

I took a look at the init code you posted. It looked ok... 

U get no weapon on opening spawn and then when u kill one of the first patrol a horde spawns instantly and visibly around you?

@cosmic10r

I grab the gun from the body, and kill the patrol, and the horde spawns in less than 20 seconds....just got done with a test actually, and it come up with another horde...

EDIT: I will post the more recent, zoomed in pictures...and thanks for looking over it, its a pain for me to see whats wrong 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116202547/screenshots/

5 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

I grab the gun from the body, and kill the patrol, and the horde spawns in less than 20 seconds....just got done with a test actually, and it come up with another horde...

EDIT: I will post the more recent, zoomed in pictures...and thanks for looking over it, its a pain for me to see whats wrong

Is this the default mission?.

I played the default mission a coupke days ago but didnt have that altho i didnt kill the patrol... ill look at it when i get home... seems odd.

Can you try my escape mission and see what happens?

2 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Is this the default mission?.

Can you try my escape mission and see what happens?

I can try, I will need to download it real quick...and yes it is

Just now, BattleChief said:

I can try, I will need to download it real quick...and yes it is

K. Escape starts you with a gun... im more curious if the horde thing happens in escape as well...

4 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

it is labeled under your name? curious cause I am trying to find it in the 9 pages of Ravage related items

I just remembered it needs updating... but could be worth a playthrough.

Even just to mix it up. 

If you do a search in workshop... just ravage... 2-3 pages of missions come up :)

@BattleChief: Looks like a custom mission on Winter2035? Could you send me a copy of that mission file for testing (and a list of mods you used)?

RHSAFRF

RHSUSAF

-CBA_A3

Enhanced Movement

RHSGREF

RHSSAF

BloodLustCONFIRMED

CUP terrains-Core

*BaBe Midtex (makes the ground textures look better at a distance, saw it on the suggested/supported mods on the ravage page)

*dfs 3rdperson (saw it on the ravage page, edits your 3rd person viewpoint)

CUP terrains-Maps

*Cup terrains- CWA

-Ravage

*Project SFX (wanted some death screams so I could listen in joy...adds animations too!)

*Advanced Urban repelling

*Enhanced Visuals

*JSRS Soundmod

*Mr. Sanchez headgore mod

*JSRS Soundmod RHSAFRF support

*JSRS soundmod RHSUSAF support

*Winter 2035

*Friths Ruin

*Improved Melee system (By the guy who made Project SFX, he has the link in Project SFX)

*DP Build everything Arma Core

This is everything I have in the way of mods, that are loaded and are in this order too

Hi, I can confirm the same problem happens to me.

Most of the time, the Zs spawn at 5-10m from me when AI is nearby.

Sometimes when killing a patrol, Zombies spawn 2sec after death like 15 zombie in one time.

Sometimes before that bandit got killed they spawn in a 5-10m radius from them.

This happen in Demo mission or other random mission.

Can this be maybe related with the sytem power of PC ?

45 minutes ago, MisterOth said:

Can this be maybe related with the sytem power of PC ?

Probably not, unless you're playing at one frame per second.

I have no idea why you guys are having this problem... Does this happen with a minimal mod-set (Ravage+CBA only)?

10 minutes ago, haleks said:

Probably not, unless you're playing at one frame per second.

I have no idea why you guys are having this problem... Does this happen with a minimal mod-set (Ravage+CBA only)?

What is also weird is that in my missions... i don't have hordes... so why would they be spawning... that seems odd

@BattleChief you are getting the horde spawn in my mission on Escape Altis?

zip and post the mission on here and we will have a look...