@haleks is there a code i can put into a pre placed editor AI unit to make him a survivor? (ie recruitable)

in the same way you can have an init line to make someone a trader? I havent seen it written here before and cant find anything on the wiki.

Im gona need my recruitable AI "playable units" for a script to function on them in a future mission.

Here is my 2nd trader area I am planning to create on my simple ravage cherno isles scenario...It is going to be fairly huge and i will just give you a guys some small pics

I present to you:

The hilltop: https://imgur.com/a/b2IP3

Definitely not a ref. to the walking dead :f:

• Like 3

A question for @Haleks

What causes all the throwables to cease functioning when Ravage is enabled? The only thing I can seem to throw are chemlights and roadflares, other than that no other throwables work. Tested it with just Ravage enabled with RHS, CUP individually - none of the throwables can be cycled with Ctrl+G and don't appear in the HUD.

Just wondering if there's a fix for it? I've seen other people having the same problem but thus far no solution.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, outlaw2101 said:

A question for @Haleks

What causes all the throwables to cease functioning when Ravage is enabled? The only thing I can seem to throw are chemlights and roadflares, other than that no other throwables work. Tested it with just Ravage enabled with RHS, CUP individually - none of the throwables can be cycled with Ctrl+G and don't appear in the HUD.

Just wondering if there's a fix for it? I've seen other people having the same problem but thus far no solution.

Cheers

I've never had this issue, grenades work fine for me. Were your grenades in your backpack or vest?

Just now, R0adki11 said:

Were your grenades in your backpack or vest?

Throwable items can be tossed whether they are on your uniform, in your vest or in your backpack. RHS Grenades, CUP Grenades, any third-party throwables do not register and cannot be thrown even if they are in my inventory. But when I disable Ravage they start working again. Its super weird.

14 minutes ago, outlaw2101 said:

Throwable items can be tossed whether they are on your uniform, in your vest or in your backpack. 

Not always as some mods, make it that they have to be in your vest or uniform. It sounds like your having a mod conflict, what mods are you running besides RHS and CUP?

46 minutes ago, outlaw2101 said:

A question for @Haleks

Cheers

I believe Iron front and RHS cause this issue when used togather,did for me in past.

do you use Iron front or Iron front lite?

@outlaw2101

Its a mod conflict. No issues when using just @Ravage and @cba_a3 by themselves.

Well, at least on dedi server.

13 hours ago, lv1234 said:

@haleks Do you know if zombies and demons are compatible with ravage?

More or less, zombies from that mod and the ones from Ravage will attack each others.

8 hours ago, redarmy said:

@haleks is there a code i can put into a pre placed editor AI unit to make him a survivor? (ie recruitable)

in the same way you can have an init line to make someone a trader? I havent seen it written here before and cant find anything on the wiki.

Im gona need my recruitable AI "playable units" for a script to function on them in a future mission.

Here you go mate. :)

{
	[_unit, _x] remoteExec ["addAction", 0, true];
} forEach [
	["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"],
	["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"]
];

2 hours ago, outlaw2101 said:

A question for @Haleks

Cheers

Yeah, it's a compatibility issue Ravage has with 3rd party grenades; it's a configuration problem I'll fix eventually, but that's not high priority right now.

• Like 2

Hi.

Is there a way to exclude certain items from the clean up system?

IIRC you can set tents or vehicles to 'owned' so they wont be removed, but I'm thinking more along the lines of editor placed loot items.

Regards.

@haleks Thanks man :) 

i had one more question you answered earlier regarding traders,but could you clarify...

if i place lets say,one trader via editor,in a safe location,go trade with him...will "his" inventory resupply and change to new items after a set time? or is it just spawned roaming traders that get this effect/benefit?

and if so,what time frame/how often does their inventory change?

@haleks

Had an idea for you. (kinda stealing from TWD a little) What would you think about adding the ability to double click on a blood bag in your inventory and it would give you the ability to "walk" among the zeds for a little while. It would help going into large towns at night. Maybe when you use it, it changes you're clothing to the clothing that looks like youre dead (real bloody and dirty). Was thinking it would either last a predetermined amount of time, or count how many zeds you come in contact with. Maybe on that second idea a 500ml bag would allow you to walk within 2 meters of about 25 zeds before its spent. So they would run to you until they get within 2 or 3 meters and "smell" you, then they would just start walking randomly again untiil they get like 20 meters away from you. And of course a heavy rain would also deactivate it. Maybe if you run it deactivates the use also. Make the blood bags really hard to find. Maybe about has hard as it is to find a tent. I know it goes against the theory because you'd be using "fresh blood", but I thought that would be easier than trying to collect blood from ded zeds. <--- you'd have to add an addaction to all of them, I presume. The blood bags would probably be all together easier to implement, if you decided to try it.

And a second thing is something I've noticed about zeds. The "standing still" animation tends to kick in even after they've come in contact with you. So, they will run to you and attack, then sometimes all of sudden just stand there frozen. I remember that you're still messing with zed path finding, so maybe you already are aware of this. I do like how you see them just standing idle out in the middle of fields and such sometimes though. Very cool.

Fire

10 hours ago, redarmy said:

//Random Starting loadout
0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip; 
this addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this spawn RVG_fnc_Fired}];

//Bandit Camps
Text: Camp
Condition: (vehicle player) in thislist
On Act: _nul = [thistrigger] spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp

//Make Traders
this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];
this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true];
this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];

//Fill boxes
nul = [this] execVM "scripts\system\rvgFill_weap.sqf";
nul = [this] execVM "scripts\system\rvgfill.sqf";

//Make Survivor

} forEach [

["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"],

["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"]

];

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

@haleks Thanks man :) 

i had one more question you answered earlier regarding traders,but could you clarify...

if i place lets say,one trader via editor,in a safe location,go trade with him...will "his" inventory resupply and change to new items after a set time? or is it just spawned roaming traders that get this effect/benefit?

and if so,what time frame/how often does their inventory change?

On 28/10/2017 at 8:18 PM, haleks said:

The distance treshhold is set to 250 meters, but it is checked every 30 minutes in Ravage 146 (I'll reduce that delay in the next version).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2LT Rell said:

//Random Starting loadout
0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip; 
this addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this spawn RVG_fnc_Fired}];

//Bandit Camps
Text: Camp
Condition: (vehicle player) in thislist
On Act: _nul = [thistrigger] spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp

//Make Traders
this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];
this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true];
this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];

//Fill boxes
nul = [this] execVM "scripts\system\rvgFill_weap.sqf";
nul = [this] execVM "scripts\system\rvgfill.sqf";

//Make Survivor

} forEach [

];

Ill post this to the wiki. Thanks!. My connection wasnt great yesterday but i tried to update the wiki with EOs code too

Edit - got it in there... Kodabar, when you get a minute can you format that properly... I cant seem to tell how to add that backdrop to the code

• Like 1

@haleks Ravage zombies vs other type of zombie and demons (crawlers, super zombies) :dozingoff:..not a bad idea 

I edited my sig to include the link to the Ravage wiki to make it easier for people to navigate to it....

• Like 2

On ‎2017‎. ‎11‎. ‎06‎. at 7:34 AM, cosmic10r said:

You need to use pushback in the init.sqf.

You need the classnames of the items and the names of the gearlists you want them in.

There is an example on the wiki... i wrote it ages back and its not the best explanation...

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers 

Basically the pushback pushes the classnames into the array pool to be selected from and the isnil ensures the list exists b4 doing so...

2 questions:

Is the script reading the magazines of added weapons from the game/mods or do I have to put them separately?

Would it be possible to do the same with cars?

+ Are the weapons going to spawn in buildings or just for AI? Nvm, I'm sure they will, since they are separated to civilian and miltary. :)

And @haleks, are you planning to completely remove the loot holders? Im asking, because some of the mod maps wont have any loot at all, if you do.

3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Ill post this to the wiki. Thanks!. My connection wasnt great yesterday but i tried to update the wiki with EOs code too

Edit - got it in there... Kodabar, when you get a minute can you format that properly... I cant seem to tell how to add that backdrop to the code

No problem at all !

Hi

Can someone tell me me if those are the same or act the same ?

- this setVariable ["rvg_owned", true];

- this setVariable ["rvg_owned", true, true];

- this setVariable ["rvg_owned", 1];

I want to exclude some vehicles from Ravage cleanup and texture. And set a box storing my loot.

TY

You know, I really am beginning to dislike these scripts...I am currently trying to fix a problem with my script for my Ravage mission, it doesn't seem to be working all too well...I am still using the old script Jimmako's gave me, but now its giving me all sorts of errors...I will post this up so hopefully someone can find out whats wrong with it, because I can't for the life of me...

Spoiler

private "_unit";
_markers = ["spawn1", "spawn2", "spawn3", "spawn4", "spawn5", "spawn6", "spawn7", "spawn8"];
_p = _markers call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_list = (getMarkerPos _p) nearRoads 50;
_road = _list call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_pos = getposATL _road;

enableSaving [ false, false ];

uiSleep 1;

private "_unit";
_markers = ["spawn1", "spawn2", "spawn3", "spawn4", "spawn5", "spawn6", "spawn7", "spawn8"];
_p = _markers call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_list = (getMarkerPos _p) nearRoads 50;
_road = _list call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_pos = getposATL _road;
_nextRoad = (_road nearRoads 50) select 0;

[player] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
[player] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;

(vehicle player) setpos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 0];
_posV = [_pos, 5, 5, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

if (isNil "_posV") then {
    _posV = getPosATL (((getposASL player) nearRoads 10) select 1);
};

_vehicle = createVehicle ["Land_Wreck_Hunter_F", _posV, [], 0, "NONE"];
_vehicle setDir (direction player - 187);
_vehicle setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL _vehicle) select 0, (getPosATL _vehicle) select 1]);

[getPosATL _vehicle,"FIRE_BIG"] spawn RVG_fnc_createFireEffect;
_soundSource = createSoundSource ["Sound_Fire", _posV, [], 0];

_unit = createVehicle ["Survivor_blue_1", _posV, [], 1, "FORM"];

uiSleep 1;

[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
removeBackpack _unit;
removeVest _unit;
_unit addVest (selectRandom rvg_vests);
//[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddWeapon;
if !(rvg_weapons isEqualTo []) then {
    _weapon = [_unit, rvg_weapons select (((floor random [(((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*1.25)*-1,((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*0.5,((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*1.5]) max 0) min ((count rvg_weapons) - 1)), 2] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;
} else {
    _weapon = [_unit, rvg_weaponsA3 select (((floor random [(((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*1.25)*-1,((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*0.5,((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*1.5]) max 0) min ((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)), 2] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;
};
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;

_unit setdamage 1;

player switchMove "Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1";player playmovenow "Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part2";

player setFatigue 1;

uiSleep 40;

_closesttown = (nearestLocations [player, ["NameCityCapital","NameCity","NameVillage"],2500]) select 0;
_PosT = _pos;
if !(isNil "_closesttown") then {
    _PosT = position _closesttown;
};

_posP = [getposASL player, 400, 600, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
_Grp = createGroup resistance;
for "_i" from 0 to 3 do 
{
     _unit = _Grp createUnit ["Bandit_green", _posP, [], 1.0, "FORM"];
    [_unit] spawn RVG_fnc_equip;
    [_unit, (["ENG", "GRK"] call bis_fnc_selectrandom)] call rvg_fnc_setName;
    rvg_garbage_collector pushBack _unit;

//_unit addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this spawn RVG_fnc_Fired}];
    _unit setCombatMode "RED";
    _unit setBehaviour "SAFE";
    [_unit] joinSilent _Grp;
};
_Grp move _pos;
0 = [_Grp, _pos, _PosT] spawn {
    _Grp = _this select 0;
    _pos = _this select 1;
    _posT = _this select 2;
    waitUntil {(leader _Grp) distance _pos < 10};
    [_Grp, _posT, 300] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;
};

enableSaving [true, true];

execVM "scripts\tuto.sqf";

if (!isNil "_soundSource") then {
    WaitUntil {player distance _soundSource > 1000};
    deleteVehicle _soundSource;
}; 

EDIT: I keep getting a problem with the "Scripts\tuto.sqf", that has been there since the start of the mission, I can't seem to get this one either...

EDIT: It works in the scenario itself, but you keep spawning in the same uniform, and the dead body with the gun keeps spawning without his uniform..mine has also been spawning with vanilla guns, not any of the RHS guns...

On 4.11.2017 at 12:32 PM, haleks said:

I'm afraid it's impossible at the moment - but I can add a setting for that to the module.

Thanks a lot! A setting for the module would be very elegant.
In the meantime I messed around with it. It works for me now to make vehicles spawn without rust. I deleted some code that calls the materials for each vehicle.

Dead Snow...Ravage style.

tJj3pfh.jpg

FDcRUAD.jpg

tHRYab4.jpg

Ott0sar.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1