Here comes the hotfix!

Changelog :

Fixed :

AI refusing to engage zombies spawned dynamically.

New :
Added a "Minimal Spawn Distance" parameter to the Ambiant Zombies module.

Download : Ravage v0.1.391

drive_logo.png

• Like 11

Hello! 

I'm playing the mod for like 2 days, and its great. So imersive, and its really really funny. One of the best mods so far, if not THE best.

I have some questions.. 

-Can i disable music?
-I'm playing Altis. If i star a game in Tanoa map, i'll lost my savegame from Altis?
-I know its already said here about base building. I think thats a great idea, most about storing loot, having a reference point on the map. Idk if the "building" part is actually necessary. Buts its also said about commanding AI to stay in a house so the zombies would not spawn on/around it. Fits perfectly! This is a thing? The dev is planning something like that? Would be awesome!
-If i update to 0.1.3.9 will work? even if i not update ARMA3 to 1.64? I will lost my save game?

Sorry for my english.. Really trying to be clear here even with my language limitations.
Im worry bout my save because i f* kill a gunner in a offroad from like... 300meters. It feels awesome! Then kill both driver and passanger on the move. Dont want to lose that car! haha

Keep the GREAT work, fantastic mod! Really thinking about making a gameplay channel just for this mod. Would be my first channel, first video. You can imagine how i'm enjoying this!

(sorry if i asked something stupid or not being able to be clear)

OK - The problem I see is, once I place "village, town, city" entity, no bandit AI will spawn in the open field, but only in city/town/village? Then you should for them to be linked, if an AI module is unlinked, spawn behaviour as before... I think...

• Like 1

-Can i disable music?

You can disable music two ways...in the Editor you can disable music in the Ravage "Atmosphere" module, alternatively go into your Arma 3 options menu, look under audio options, you can slide the "music" slider to zero.  :)

-I'm playing Altis. If i star a game in Tanoa map, i'll lost my savegame from Altis?

Nope, independent missions, independent saves.  :)

(I assume your referring to the Ravage demo scenarios) 

• Like 3

Haleks thanks for the updates, i wanted to report a small issue i came across so far.

When i go to a hand placed trader, (not tested on roaming traders so far) i have the option to open up his backpack and take any of the items, i can even duplicate them, meaning take them twice.

I noticed this on my Esseker mission but just for the shakes i also runned you Tanoa mission which have some hand placed traders on GeorgeTown and happened the same.

i was also expecting a preview of the gamelogics  "village, town, city" in your Altis preview mission but i've seen none too.

Thanks.

Edit:probably that was happened because you allowed to open the recruited survivors backpacks?

Edit:probably that was happened because you allowed to open the recruited survivors backpacks?

Yup... I totally overlooked that... :/

I'll prep another hotfix for some time next week; meanwhile, test the shit out of this release guys (and refrain fron opening the traders backpacks)!

@Haleks

Great update! Thanks for keeping everything fresh!

I know a while ago you mentioned the possibility of expanding the loot tables a bit to include some more variety.

I typically play with RHS, CUP and Warfare Thai enabled for equipment, only RHS and Warfare Thai for weapons, and then I add in a mod that makes RHS and Warfare Thai ammunition compatible with each other.

I like finding more than just AK74's for guns and it can be fun to have to choose between two guns when you know one is a better weapon but you don't have a lot of ammo for it to compared to the other one.

The one thing I'd like to see included is the possibility of finding some more advanced weapon attachments. Can we include some longer range sights, bipods, even a silencer or two. If possible, you can just set them to a lower likelihood of spawning; maybe just in significant military/research buildings.

Speaking of silencers, I'll sometimes equip one through virtual arsenal just for fun but I'm not sure if it even makes a difference to Zombies. Do they hear gunshots just a well even if a silencer is equipped?

Thanks!

Speaking of silencers, I'll sometimes equip one through virtual arsenal just for fun but I'm not sure if it even makes a difference to Zombies. Do they hear gunshots just a well even if a silencer is equipped?

Thanks!

I think that silencers will not make a difference with zombies. They still "hear" the suppressed sound and come to investigate. At least I havent noticed the difference. Regarding long range scopes, well I put some to be spawned as part of bandit's gear, however you cant expect to hunt 500m+, zombies dont spawn that far, I believe. Still, a good long range scope does indeed help with sending shots against armed offroads and sniping gunners from a far.

I think that silencers will not make a difference with zombies. They still "hear" the suppressed sound and come to investigate. At least I havent noticed the difference. Regarding long range scopes, well I put some to be spawned as part of bandit's gear, however you cant expect to hunt 500m+, zombies dont spawn that far, I believe. Still, a good long range scope does indeed help with sending shots against armed offroads and sniping gunners from a far.

How do you modify bandit's spawning gear? Is that done in Eden or Zeus? Sniper scopes are fun, sure. But i'm talking about even just having some rifle scopes (3x - 5x magnification) to make those 200m headshots a little easier.

Shouldn't the sound from a silenced weapon, especially a pistol, travel a shorter distance than an non-silenced one? Just wondering if there is any difference in the range at which zombies will respond to a silenced versus non-silenced gunshot.

any way to loot suport for other maps like Chernobyl? more loot options maybe... i want to be able to configure the exactly what spawns..

im trying to use na_palms but cant figured why not working.. also there is only old links to download.. does anyone has a working script?

edit: na_palm script is working fine, but im not able to spawn those ravage items "rvg_"

edit: nvm everything is working just fine.... I still need more loot customization options, so i dont need to use na_palm's script (dont know how to tweak things on init yet)

great job haleks thanks

Haleks there is a problem with recruiting survivors on this Ravage update. Here is screenshot, as you can see, there is no "Recruit unit" option in the commands menu.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Haleks there is a problem with recruiting survivors on this Ravage update. Here is screenshot, as you can see, there is no "Recruit unit" option in the commands menu.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

One possible explanation : this guy may be the only survivor of a traders group (you can't recruit traders neither their bodyguards). I'll double-check this to make sure.

Also regarding silencers - they do affect how far zombies can hear gunshots, although it might need some tweaking...

• Like 2

How do you modify bandit's spawning gear? Is that done in Eden or Zeus? Sniper scopes are fun, sure. But i'm talking about even just having some rifle scopes (3x - 5x magnification) to make those 200m headshots a little easier.

Shouldn't the sound from a silenced weapon, especially a pistol, travel a shorter distance than an non-silenced one? Just wondering if there is any difference in the range at which zombies will respond to a silenced versus non-silenced gunshot.

You need this custom script which you need to add to init.sqf file which is in rvg_missions.pbo file in @Ravage folder > addons > rvg_missions.pbo 

You need PBO manager to unpack pbo file, extract init.sqf file, add desired weapons classnames to the script (whether as civilian or military weapons, civilian=more common, military = less common), then replace edited init.sqf file for original one, just delete old and copy and paste edited init.sqf)

Here's the script with Springfield sniper bolt-action rifle and HK PSG1 sniper from HLC pack as an example:

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
{
0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x; //civilians weapons

forEach ["hlc_rifle_M1903A1_unertl",

"hlc_rifle_psg1"];

{
0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x; // military weapons

forEach ["hlc_rifle_M1903A1_unertl",

"hlc_rifle_psg1"];

• Like 2

Unrelated... I'm still seeing Apex weapons appear in spawned loot despite not having the expansion and having multiple weapons packs enabled.

Thoughts?

I\'m enjoying the mod, haleks, thank you very much.

I have run into a snag while trying to create my own Ravage mission/scenario. After placing the modules, I cannot edit roughly half of the fields in the module settings. For example, the Zombie AI module. I prefer slow, TWD-type zombies (but tons more of them), so I try to choose Walkers from the little drop down menu. I can't. It's stuck permanently on Runners. So I try to change the percentage of Bolters, from 35 to 0. It allows my edit, but I still have a map full of undead Olympic sprinters. Only a few settings are able to be changed, regardless of which module it is. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you.

@wilkinscw.....that sounds weird man, all the modules function properly on my end. I'd make sure your running the latest versions of Arma, Ravage and CBA first....failing that, it could be a mod conflict somewhere, a few more details for haleks to chew on would help. (map, mod-set, version number etc.) 

:)

• Like 1

@wilkinscw : don't hesitate to send me your mission so I can have a look.

Unrelated... I'm still seeing Apex weapons appear in spawned loot despite not having the expansion and having multiple weapons packs enabled.

Thoughts?

I've been play-testing the Altis demo with RHS - and never saw a vanilla gun...

What mission are you playing? Wich Apex weapons did you see?

One possible explanation : this guy may be the only survivor of a traders group (you can't recruit traders neither their bodyguards). I'll double-check this to make sure.

Also regarding silencers - they do affect how far zombies can hear gunshots, although it might need some tweaking...

Just to confirm that you were right Haleks - that survivor must have been only survivor in a traders group, I found survivor after this guy and he had "Recruit unit" command.

• Like 1

I\'m enjoying the mod, haleks, thank you very much.

I have run into a snag while trying to create my own Ravage mission/scenario. After placing the modules, I cannot edit roughly half of the fields in the module settings. For example, the Zombie AI module. I prefer slow, TWD-type zombies (but tons more of them), so I try to choose Walkers from the little drop down menu. I can't. It's stuck permanently on Runners. So I try to change the percentage of Bolters, from 35 to 0. It allows my edit, but I still have a map full of undead Olympic sprinters. Only a few settings are able to be changed, regardless of which module it is. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you.

I get something like this too. I don't think it's ravage.

Try using the arrow keys to select the module selection you want.

The arrow keys should allow you to move around in the options of each module line.

Hi ! Thank you for the update

I have some questions if someone can help.

- What's the difference between the Zed blacklist trigger and the module Zombie blacklist area ? It is not the same thing ?

- If so, it is possible to make a radiation zone module instead of the triggers ?

- Placing trigger with this in init (_nul = [thistrigger] spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp) activate independant (raiders) forces, is it possible to spawn Opfor forces to ?

- I don't understand the gamelogic for camp, city, village, town, base ?

Sorry if this was a noob questions or if it was been asked before.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hello haleks

Didnt get an answer to my previous questions, but i realise that i ignored one of the licenses of the mod.

Havent modded since the Half-life days so i didnt expect there to be strict licenses covering modding in arma.

If you dont want to answer the question about the zombie spawning i can think of a diffrent solution.

But could you please say how i would enable access to the Ai backpack in the ravage mod.

I never intend to upload my mission, especially without the permission from the affected mods or guides.

I just want to play a mod that is taylored to my specific taste. Ravage come close to create the survival game i want, but it lacks some elements that i crave from the survial genre.

I've made a video of the Ravage Tanoa mission. I did one before showing the mission, but this is a long playthrough.

• Like 6

But could you please say how i would enable access to the Ai backpack in the ravage mod.

Already added back to v139.  :)

Hello haleks

Didnt get an answer to my previous questions, but i realise that i ignored one of the licenses of the mod.

Havent modded since the Half-life days so i didnt expect there to be strict licenses covering modding in arma.

If you dont want to answer the question about the zombie spawning i can think of a diffrent solution.

I never intend to upload my mission, especially without the permission from the affected mods or guides.

I just want to play a mod that is taylored to my specific taste. Ravage come close to create the survival game i want, but it lacks some elements that i crave from the survial genre.

Hi Razer,

I can miss posts sometimes or lack time to answer them all...

As EO said, you can now open backpacks again (although it causes issues with traders, something I will address soon).

Regarding your script - it doesn't work because there is no zombie groups configured; I would recommend using createAgent instead :

for "_i" from 0 to 10 do {
	_zed = createAgent [call zedsToSpawn, _pos, [], _radius, "NONE"];
	_zed setDir random 359;
	0 = zed_ambList pushBack _zed;//remove this line if you want them to be persistent
};

The above script will work if there is an ambiant zombies or a horde module present, of course you'll have to define _pos & _radius yourself.

Also, about licenses : you can override or add a lot of stuff from mission files without touching the original addon(s). ;)