Thanks for the advice, cosmic10r, I'll give it a shot. @Evil Organ, here is what I'm running at the moment, will DL the latest Ravage update once I finish this post.As far as which map i'm having difficulty on, it's happened on Altis, Stratis, and Tanoa so far. Haven't really tried any of the CUP Terrains maps yet. Thanks again all for the advice and suggestions.

Arma 3    v1.64.138497
CBA-A3   v3.0.0.160713
Ravage   v 0.139

@wilkinscw : is that a mission you started before the 139 update?

I'm wondering if the newly added parameters could somehow mess with existing modules from older versions, although that would surprise me...

If that's the case, try with a fresh new mission and tell me how it goes.

Does anyone have a SP mission updated to the standards of the new release they could share with me? Or share with me when they get it done? Ideally it would be in the vein of the sample missions but on a different map (I'm thinking Esseker or a DayZ feeling map would be ideal but I'm not too fussy). I've spent the last several months in the editor and it would be nice to just download and play something for a change. :)

The changelog is really great. This is pretty much the update I've been waiting for. Thanks a million, Haleks.

And great video, Kodabar! You asked if people prefer longer or shorter ones. I'm definitely in the longer camp. The one you just posted (as always) was amazing.

• Like 2

I've been play-testing the Altis demo with RHS - and never saw a vanilla gun...

What mission are you playing? Wich Apex weapons did you see?

I've been playing a modified version of the Altis showcase.

Only changes I made were tweaking the loot percentages and enabling Warfare Thai weapons.

I've seen several vanilla pistols show up, including Rook 9mm, Apex PM, and vanilla Four-Five.

Also seen an Apex assault rifle.

EDIT: It may be worth noting that none of these weapons were spawned on an AI enemy. They were all found in random loot.

Hello everyone, i have problem with mod - When i try to load savedgame/continue from main menu, game crashes

view

I use CBA3, Ravage and AEM.

Anyone know how i can do?

EDIT: It may be worth noting that none of these weapons were spawned on an AI enemy. They were all found in random loot.

Gotcha, I'll try to find out what's going on before the next hotfix.

@PainChiller : just a wild guess, but I'd say either CBA or Arma3 is not up-to-date on your install.

Look no further, that last Ravage update requires Arma3 1.64.

• Like 1

Ehh, what a pity... I try to avoid updating arma because i have a loot of mods (but now i use only Ravaga, best mod in my opinion). Now i must update all of them :/

nevermind - Thanks for help, i turn on updating arma, and we see how it's be work :)

What a pity!

Hello everyone, i have problem with mod - When i try to load savedgame/continue from main menu, game crashes

Current ArmA 3 version is: 1.64.138497 - you need at least 1.62

Current CBA version is: 3.0.0.160713 - you need at least 3.0

Current ArmA Enhanced Movement is: v0.8.1 beta - I'm afraid I don't know what version you need

Also, when ArmA saves your game, the save includes the status of mods. So if a mod is updated after a save, the savegame may not work, possibly resulting in an error or a crash.

• Like 1

@haleks, yes, it was one started before 139, and also ones started after 139. I just started a new scenario in the editor after downloading and installing the newest version of Ravage, and using cosmic10r's advice, I was able to get everything working.I'm wondering if CBA not being updated since A3 was updated made a difference? Thanks again all.

Edit: Spelling.

_zed setDir random 359;
...does not include [359..0[

Random 360 IMO. Yes I know, it's so important :D

• Like 1

@Heroesandvillains:

• I updated my Esseker Mission (RAVAGE Tourism Esseker) in both HIFI and HIPERF versions.  It's SP or MP by design and you can of course add TPW Mods or other atmosphere enhancers easily in SP.  I say this is ideal for a balanced experience of challenge and success as in "You actually make it to the Escape/Win Ending in SP"

• I updated the NO ACE, but YES ZOMBIES version of my Winter Chernarus Mission (HOMO HOMINI LUPUS) which is also designed for SP or MP.  Note that this is VERY hard, harder than Esseker Tourism, because there are no extra animals to hunt, the snowstorm reduces visibility and last not least  Army Stalkers are trying to secure key locations against zombies and bandits and killing all opposition -including you! During my last playtrough, I died even though I know the "good loot spots" very well as the mission maker...
  • Like 3

Update - Ravage Fans Utube Channel

added

• 2 vids from Donnie Pc games to full episodes
  • "Arma 3 - Ravage Mod Part 4" from American Misfit to gameplay clips
  • "Ravage Tanoa mission long playthrough" by Kodabar to Full episodes
  • "Arma3 mix1" by Fools Gaming Group to gameplay previews
  • "Arma3 - Ravage mod" by Petrenka to Full playthroughs
  • "ArmA 3 Ravage: Story of the "Lone Wolf" EP.1" by Noble to Full episodes
  • "Arma 3 Ravage: A sad end for a lone wolf."  to gameplay clips
  • "Arma 3 Chernoby Zone |Ravage Mod|" by YuSoloS to gameplay previews
  • "ppeffects + setFog" by Evil Organ to gameplay clips
  • "rad rain ppeffect" by Evil Organ to gameplay clips

Other

• 2 new vids are being sent to me to upload to the channel by Tourist - edit... - hes working on a 6 part video, each part being an episode
  • Channel status - currently 26 subscribers!
  • Ravage intro vid for Utube channel still wip
  • RavWarMod - was on hold this past week due to other work/projects, now currently being worked on thanks to my 1 week vacation for this week ;) WIp thread should be up this soon!
  • Like 3

Gotcha, I'll try to find out what's going on before the next hotfix.

One more interesting thing.

I recruited a survivor in this playthrough, and annoyingly, whenever I shoot and kill a "Renegade" my survivor suddenly leaves my squad, turns around and shoots me!

He's a hypocritical bastard though, because If I order him to shoot the renegade, he does it without any problem.

I noticed that too, some of the roaming Blufor survivors returned fire on my direction as well but I thought I had done something bad, I opened the splendid camera just to check if they indeed were friendlies as they get marked on the map.

I thought it was on my end, but I also noticed that on the sentinel outbreak Tanoa (Ravage edition) mission, once I reached the survivors marker on the map I got shoted on sight from Blufor units as well.

Thanks for reporting guys!

Here's what I've done so far for the next hotfix :

- removed the "Open Backpack" action : it causes issues with traders wich are going to be a pain to fix otherwise.

- Friendlies not so friendly after they'd kill a few renegades.

I still have to debug the loot module issues reported on the previous page; I plan to release the hotfix next week-end (it's gonna be a super busy week for me so I won't have time before that), meanwhile, report any oddities you may find!

• Like 2

I have 3 questions Haleks regarding this update:

1. Things we leave in cars which we repair and use (guns, ammo, food etc.) disappear on this update - this was not the case earlier (I used one car to move around and other one in base to serve as a stash). I left my loaded car and went on exploring, and when I got back there was nothing inside it.  :huh:  :( 
2. Spawn of jerrycans and toolkits - while I was able to find ample (and rather generous) amount of toolkits, I was unable to find a single jerrycan. This is rather surprising because on earlier version I'd normally find (at least one) jerrycan within one town (mostly on petrol stations or large white hangars). Is everything OK with the spawn rate or you changed it?
3. Fixing downed helicopter. While earlier it was possible to repair UH-80 Ghost Hawk, now it does not have repair option even when we have toolkit.

Cheers.

I have 3 questions Haleks regarding this update:

1. Things we leave in cars which we repair and use (guns, ammo, food etc.) disappear on this update - this was not the case earlier (I used one car to move around and other one in base to serve as a stash). I left my loaded car and went on exploring, and when I got back there was nothing inside it.  :huh:  :( 

2. Spawn of jerrycans and toolkits - while I was able to find ample (and rather generous) amount of toolkits, I was unable to find a single jerrycan. This is rather surprising because on earlier version I'd normally find (at least one) jerrycan within one town (mostly on petrol stations or large white hangars). Is everything OK with the spawn rate or you changed it?

3. Fixing downed helicopter. While earlier it was possible to repair UH-80 Ghost Hawk, now it does not have repair option even when we have toolkit.

Cheers.

Hi lecter,

1. That's the new virtualization system for ambiant cars and wrecks : vehicles are saved, deleted & restored as the player moves around, but their cargo is not persistent at the moment. One thing to know, only empty vehicles are virtualized; so it's a good idea, if you recruited survivors, to let one of them inside if you have to go away. It is something I intend to adress, maybe for Ravage 140; once it's done, we'll have everything we need to add vehicles persistency for MP.

2. Didn't change anything regarding loot spawn chances, so I'd say you were super lucky on the toolkits and unlucky on jerrycans! ^^

I did find a few myself on my last play-test.

3. Are you referring to the crewed helo that spawns in the Altis demo? Or does that concerns all Ghost Hawks?

• Like 1

Hi lecter,

1. That's the new virtualization system for ambiant cars and wrecks : vehicles are saved, deleted & restored as the player moves around, but their cargo is not persistent at the moment. One thing to know, only empty vehicles are virtualized; so it's a good idea, if you recruited survivors, to let one of them inside if you have to go away. It is something I intend to adress, maybe for Ravage 140; once it's done, we'll have everything we need to add vehicles persistency for MP.

2. Didn't change anything regarding loot spawn chances, so I'd say you were super lucky on the toolkits and unlucky on jerrycans! ^^

I did find a few myself on my last play-test.

3. Are you referring to the crewed helo that spawns in the Altis demo? Or does that concerns all Ghost Hawks?

1 & 2 Thanks for elaboration mate, much appreciated.

3. I'm referring to the helo that spawns in the Altis yes, and which is patrolling sky. I damaged it with heavy machine gun on armed offroad, forcing it to land, and upon eliminating the crew and getting to the heli, I have had no option to repair it either with your Toolkit, or the one that is inside helicopter as a loot among other stuff.

Intelligence report about enemy direction/distance/unit type/unit count

However you justify it story-wise - I use this sometimes. Angle (atan) magic shamelessly copied from Rydygier (Pilgrimage). Basic idea is from there ("You see a foot trail leading ...").

It reports enemy sides, i.e. not zombies. _cointoss is the chance of it reporting the closest unit leader, then it takes seconds... last one in any case.

If # of units is reported, it audibly clicks the # of times (as known from tpw hud).

You can put this to an editor objects init or run this from a debug console.

0 = [] spawn
{
   private _radius = 1000;
   private _randomizeAngle = 60;
   private _wait = [90, 120];

private _intelReport = 0.35;
      private _intelReportDistance = 0.3;
      private _intelReportCount = 0.3;
         private _intelReportCountAll = 0.3;
      private _intelReportUnit = 0.1;
      private _coinToss = 0.8;
      private _sessionLost = 0.08;
   private _reportIfNoEnemy = 0.25;

tortdoit = true;
   waituntil {alive player};
   _enemySides = [side player] call BIS_fnc_enemySides;

while {tortdoit} do
   {
      _sleep = (_wait select 0) + random ((_wait select 1) - (_wait select 0));
      _sleep1 = (0.4 * _sleep) + random (0.6 * _sleep);
      _sleep2 = _sleep - _sleep1;
      sleep _sleep1;
      _tmpRandomizeAngle = random [0, 0, _randomizeAngle];
      _nearEnemy = allUnits select {((_x distance player) < _radius) && ((side _x) in _enemySides) && (isFormationLeader _x) && (alive _x)};
      if ((count _nearEnemy) > 0) then
      {
         _i = 0; while {((random 1) > _coinToss) && (_i < ((count _nearEnemy) -1))} do {_i = _i + 1};
         _source0 = position player;
   	   _target0 = position (_nearEnemy select _i);
         _dX0 = (_target0 select 0) - (_source0 select 0);
         _dY0 = (_target0 select 1) - (_source0 select 1);
         _angle = (((_dX0 atan2 _dY0) + (random _tmpRandomizeAngle) - 0.5 * _tmpRandomizeAngle) + 360) % 360;
         _dirName = ["North","North-East","East","South-East","South","South-West","West","North-West"] select floor(((_angle + 22.5) % 360) / 45);
         _hint = ""; _hintsec = 4; _count = 0;
         sleep _sleep2;
         if ((random 1) < _intelReport) then
         {
            player say "hint";
            TitleText ["Intelligence report (T -" + str(round(_sleep2)) +  ") coming in...", "PLAIN", 3];
            sleep 4; TitleText ["", "PLAIN", 0];
            sleep (random 3);
            if ((random 1) > _sessionLost) then {
               _hint = _hint + "Unit(s), " + _dirName;
               if ((random 1) < _intelReportDistance) then {_hintsec = _hintsec + 1; _hint = _hint + ", " + str(floor((_source0 distance _target0)/100) * 100) + " meters"};
               if ((random 1) < _intelReportUnit) then {_hintsec = _hintsec + 1.5; _hint = _hint + " (" + (typeof (_nearEnemy select _i)) + ")"};
               if ((random 1) < _intelReportCount) then
               {
                  _hintsec = _hintsec + 1;
                  _count = count units group (_nearEnemy select _i);
                  _hint = "Group of " + str(_count) + " " + _hint;
                  if ((random 1) < _intelReportCountAll) then
                  {
                     _countAll = count _nearEnemy;
                     _hintsec = _hintsec + 1.5;
                     _hint = _hint + ", " + (str _countAll) + " enemies in your radius of " + (str _radius) + " meters.";
                  };
               };
               if (_count > 0) then {for "_n" from 1 to _count do {player say "readoutclick"; sleep 0.4};};
               TitleText [_hint, "PLAIN", 3];
               sleep _hintsec; TitleText ["", "PLAIN", 0];
            }
            else
            {
               sleep (3 + random 3);
               player say "readoutclick";
               systemChat "...session lost.";
            };
         };
      }
      else
      {
         sleep _sleep2;
         if ((random 1) < _reportIfNoEnemy) then
         {
            player say "hint";
            TitleText ["Intelligence report (T -" + str(round(_sleep2)) +  "s) coming in...", "PLAIN", 3];
            sleep 4; TitleText ["", "PLAIN", 0];
            sleep (random 3);
            TitleText ["There are no enemy units in your radius of " + str _radius + "meters.", "PLAIN", 3];
            sleep 2; TitleText ["", "PLAIN", 0];
         };
      };
   };
};
  • Like 2

Hey guys. Sorry to cross post an issue but I figured if any thread was full of people successfully doing this, it would be all the fabulous mission makers here.

Long story short, I was dying to play some Ravage last night on Esseker. After having issues with Tourist's mission not loading (I'll try it later after he replies in his thread), I decided to just quickly set up my own Ravage mission using the modules in the editor. But I'm having a problem setting up random start/random spawn points. It simply doesn't seem to be working the way it's supposed to.

Could anyone lend me a hand so I can get my Ravage on?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/194578-is-random-start-broken-or-am-i-using-it-wrong/#entry3096772

Hey guys. Sorry to cross post an issue but I figured if any thread was full of people successfully doing this, it would be all the fabulous mission makers here.

Long story short, I was dying to play some Ravage last night on Esseker. After having issues with Tourist's mission not loading (I'll try it later after he replies in his thread), I decided to just quickly set up my own Ravage mission using the modules in the editor. But I'm having a problem setting up random start/random spawn points. It simply doesn't seem to be working the way it's supposed to.

Could anyone lend me a hand so I can get my Ravage on?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/194578-is-random-start-broken-or-am-i-using-it-wrong/#entry3096772

I never sync'd players to markers, and I don't know if it ever worked this way, but here's a simple way to do it :

this setpos (getMarkerPos (selectRandom ["marker1", "marker2"]));

Past this in the init line of any player, add in your own markers and you should be good to go.

• Like 4

Long story short, I was dying to play some Ravage last night on Esseker. 

Hi, have you tried my Esseker mission so far?

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 6