I was wondering if the "Vehicles Caching System" should be located on the "Settings" module and why not on the "Vehicles" module which is more appropriate in that case. 

I don't add every Ravage video I make to this thread because I feel it's a bit narcissistic. But I made a video of a three hour continuous first person playthrough of the Tanoa demo mission. That'll test people's patience.

Haleks: All the AI speech was garbled. I tried reinstalling everything and verifying the game cache, etc, but it still came out garbled. I don't know what could be causing this. Also, you're aware of the backpack/trader problem - I found that the traders had nothing to sell (and had empty backpacks). That's at about 02:08:00 in the video.

The AI chatter being garbled is caused by the last Arma3 1.64 update and affects all units wich don't have a radio; I'm guessing (hoping) that BIS is working on that, as it is not the first time it happens this year.

I'll check the traders problem, thanks for spotting that one!

I was wondering if the "Vehicles Caching System" should be located on the "Settings" module and why not on the "Vehicles" module which is more appropriate in that case. 

Yeah I know it's not intuitive. ^^

But the caching system is more or less useless in Ravage since I introduced the virtualization system for vehicles spawned by the mod. I left it as a totally optional setting, if players want to cache the 200 vehicles they manually placed, for instance...

I left that in the setting module to avoid confusion with the virtualization thingy.

• Like 1

Hey Haleks, just to inform you that I'm still noticing AI ignoring dynamic zombies. I've had several patrols just walk by even if they are being attacked by one. I do happen to use MCC and Ares, so it is possible they could be interfering.

I don't add every Ravage video I make to this thread because I feel it's a bit narcissistic. But I made a video of a three hour continuous first person playthrough of the Tanoa demo mission. That'll test people's patience.

Haleks: All the AI speech was garbled. I tried reinstalling everything and verifying the game cache, etc, but it still came out garbled. I don't know what could be causing this. Also, you're aware of the backpack/trader problem - I found that the traders had nothing to sell (and had empty backpacks). That's at about 02:08:00 in the video.

Dont be silly mate, I personally enjoy your videos myself as well as your DaiZy forum for A2. Keep 'em coming, I'm subscriber on YT but sometimes, more than often, I dont check for new stuff there, so as far as I'm concerned, I welcome your vids being posted here as well as a heads-up. 

• Like 2

I tried Ravage last night and I must say that the mechanics have drastically changed over time. When it was newly launched with some updates, i could get some essential items quickly, like sleeping bag atleast.

But now I wandered from house to house only to find the loot in about just 10% of the places. And that loot wan nothing more than a backpack and a uniform whose DLC I dont own. No ammo whatsoever. Just got one of that Uzi type POW which was empty.

Haleks its turned too hardcore. I had to exit it. Cities are deliberately kept out of reach?? I didnt find a city even after 30 minutes of searching around or even after moving to the highest spots around me to scan the horizon. sigh..

@ArmaMan360 Your playing the mission that comes with Ravage, if you created your own in the editor, you can tweak the settings so more loot shows up,

its very simple and fun, review the Ravage Fans Utube channel linked below as theres How to vids there, check them out if you don't know how.

Update - Ravage Fans Utube channel

added videos

• Ravage Tanoa let's play first person 3 hours almost unedited     by kodabar added to full episodes
  • RAVAGE Mod Gameplay                                          by Charlie Anderson added to gameplay clips
  • Arma 3 Ravage #1 [ไทย] ทำไมเธอถึงทำà¸à¸±à¸šà¸‰à¸±à¸™à¹„ด้       by Areas of Death added to gameplay clips
  • ARMA3 SRBIJA - OPKOLJEN MRTVIMA                by ARMA2 & ARMA3 SRBIJA KLUB added to full playthroughs
  • ARMA3 SRBIJA - BITKA ZA GORIVO                      by ARMA2 & ARMA3 SRBIJA KLUB added to gameplay previews
  • 1 Somewhere on Esseker Start of the Journey         by tourist79 added to gameplay clips
  • ArmA III - OP RP Zombzomb w/ Team Guerilla !       by Tibiskui14 added to full playthroughs
  • Arma 3 Ravage Mod: Testing It Out 2                        by Coco Baggins added to gameplay clips
  • Arma 3 mod Ravage                                                  by Леха Юрьевич added to full playthroughs
  • Arma 3 - Exile Mod with Alive Mod, Ravage Mod and CUP weapons/vehicles.   by Steen Petersen added to gameplay previews
  • Ravage                                                                       by John Gray added to gameplay clips
  • Ravage Mod on Esseker                                            by TheCrow added to gameplay clips
  • Arma 3 - Dayz single player - Ravage!                      by MonsterDog added to gameplay clips
  • Arma 3 - Ravage ESUS Tanoa                                  by Ricardo Garcia added to full playthroughs
  • Ravage Episode 1                                                     by Marcus DeWolf added to gameplay clips
  • ARMA 3: Testing Exile Chernarus & Ravage Mod part 2    by JustAllinOneResource added to gameplay previews
  • ARMA 3: damaged NVG simulation test                              by rsoftokz added to gameplay clips
  • Enhanced Movement by Bad Benson                        by AI sucks added to gameplay previews
  • TheJOP Shadowlight Live Stream : ARMA3 DAYZs#JEFFERY     by TheJOP LiveStream added to full playthroughs
  • Ravage mod Introduction                                                                by Ravage (Gunter Severloh) added to the Ravage Utube channel!

Ravage Channel Update

Introduction video for the Ravage mod and Utube Channel

I spent a week and a half pondering, testing, and trying to get things to work with ideas, in and out of game,

but after 12hrs in the editor (on and off of course) I created a video from scratch with only one vid recording attached, Haleks here is your introduction video!

Another donation to the cause ;)

• Like 6

I tried Ravage last night and I must say that the mechanics have drastically changed over time.

Your point is rather: You tried the example mission. Make your own mission. It's as simple as putting some Ravage modules onto the Eden map.

• Like 2

Awesome job Gunter, thanks a ton for your work! ;)

Keep subscribing to that Utube channel fellas!

Thanks Haleks!

Did it for you and the mod, now the Ravage channel has an intro video!

Was actually the first time i did something like that with the editor I have and im still new to the editor and learning stuff so i spent a few hrs trying to figure

out how to learn some things and see how they worked but after that it went smooth, overall idk how many times i redid the thing, i must have watched the video 20 times

to get it to where i wanted, not to fast to where you cant read or to slow where you waiting.

In the last clip there after the music ends i had a clip of a little mission i threw together, i placed a zombie horde of 70 zombies, after they spawned i forgot where they were and ended

up in the shed next to them, why you can here me saying shit in the vid then start shooting but it wasn't meant to be a play through was just an idea i had to add

something intense at the end to finish the vid, a clip of the game/mod itself ;)

Now that that project is complete, time to put my Ravage energies into RavWarMod ;)

• Like 3

Haleks could you make status bar for Ravage? Like the one on Exile mod? I'd suggest putting HP, Hunger, Thirst, Radiation, days survived, and kill count on it - separate zeds from human kills i.e. renegades and bandits? It'd be a nice touch imho.

Hey Haleks, ever see this addon:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29006

remember when i posted the idea for when bandits got killed that they could resurrect and become a zed themselves, this addon has that feature:

"editor modules to spawn walkers and activate resurrection for dead player and AI units"

Haleks could you make status bar for Ravage? Like the one on Exile mod? I'd suggest putting HP, Hunger, Thirst, Radiation, days survived, and kill count on it - separate zeds from human kills i.e. renegades and bandits? It'd be a nice touch imho.

I don't know about status bars, I kinda prefer numerical displays : it takes less space and works just as well. ^^

Hey Haleks, ever see this addon:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29006

remember when i posted the idea for when bandits got killed that they could resurrect and become a zed themselves, this addon has that feature:

"editor modules to spawn walkers and activate resurrection for dead player and AI units"

Yeah but I never got around trying it. Don't worry though, I already have my ideas on the resurrection feature - although it won't be part of the upcoming (small) update.

@ArmaMan360 Your playing the mission that comes with Ravage, if you created your own in the editor, you can tweak the settings so more loot shows up,

its very simple and fun, review the Ravage Fans Utube channel linked below as theres How to vids there, check them out if you don't know how.

can u say what video has anything related with tweak settings? cuz i only founded those with how to place modules.. im actualy using na_palm's loot script cuz i dont know how to tweak the ravage settings..

• Like 1

can u say what video has anything related with tweak settings? cuz i only founded those with how to place modules.. im actualy using na_palm's loot script cuz i dont know how to tweak the ravage settings..

lol... Im gonna stay with na_palm scripts.... we still cant chose what EXACLTY gonna spawn....

I don't know about status bars, I kinda prefer numerical displays : it takes less space and works just as well. ^^

Here is what I meant:

BFfI16T.jpg

I dont know, it looks nice imo, and handy to be honest because we wouldnt have to stop moving and press I for Inventory to see our stats. By having at least hunger/thirst shown on screen (maybe radiation), it kinda represents "what we feel" i.e. we dont need to stop and look into our stomach to check if we're hungry/thirsty :D But no worries mate, it aint that important - it could be handy and that's all. Maybe some people would find it useful as well and nice looking add-on/script.

Anyhow, what I dislike really about this update is the fact that gear disappears from vehicles and they're no longer usable as "stash". Maybe you could make vehicle that we drive and stuff inside it as persistent? I dont know, maybe like adding "car key" as a trigger item for saving the gear inside that vehicle, or vehicle door locking option... I dont know, you're the brain behind Ravage, I'm just dropping a suggestion.  ;)

I tried it last night. Put down all the modules on Stratis and fine tuned them. Still the zombies only appear when I near buildings and they start coming our of them. Not one zombie in the wilderness. Loot was again non existent even after increasing chances for each loot to about 30-50%.  never mind. thanks for helping guys.

Suggest post your settings, or even provide the mission so we can look at it, as on my end i get zombies anywhere, they do mostly spawn from buildings

but they will also spawn a distance from you.

Idk why your having such a hard time, it does work, you must have a conflict somewhere or dont have some settings on.

If i set the module for loot for weapons, or whatever at 30-50% i would run into the stuff, if your not finding anything then make sure you set the module for the buildings to yes.

Are you running Ravage with anything else besides CBA_A3?

Here comes the changelog for the imminent update!

Tweaked :
"Open Backpack" action removed (again) for now as it causes issues with traders.
Vehicles have to be completely empty (crew and cargo) to be virtualized.
Tweaked zed LoS calculations.
Minor optimization for the loot spawn system.
Vehicles Caching System is OFF by default.
Fixed :
Friendlies turning on players after they'd kill a few renegades.
Repair options for the Ghost Hawk in the Altis Demo mission.
Issues with loot spawns cooldowns.
Several bugs with Traders supplies.
Loot spawn system failing to spawn props/static objects.
New :
Added 'Static Objects' spawn chances to the Loot module (0% by default).

• Like 5

Here comes the changelog for the imminent update!

What are the static objects that can be spawned with the new parameter Haleks?

It would be great that would be depending from the place you were, like if you were on a house then it would spawn like a phone, or a camera or a flower pot,

if you were on a garage some tires or some tools or a tool cart, if you were on a hospital like pain pills or bandages etc. since those are presented as vanilla static items.

Useless props you can't interact with : buckets, empty crates and such. Those stopped spawning a few versions ago.

haleks your mod is the best, thank you very much. but I have problem if you or anyone can help me or tell me why its not working.. 

I have local exile server, I added the zombie and loot system modules to my mpmission by the map editor,I started my server and everything spawned but the zombies sounds not working and the loot system spawn the luggage but when I open it there is nothing inside.

thanks again.

Ravage has been updated to v0.1.392!

Changelog :

Tweaked :
"Open Backpack" action removed (again) for now as it causes issues with traders.
Vehicles have to be completely empty (crew and cargo) to be virtualized.
Tweaked zed LoS calculations.
Minor optimization for the loot spawn system.
Vehicles Caching System is OFF by default.
Fixed :
Friendlies turning on players after they'd kill a few renegades.
Repair options for the Ghost Hawk in the Altis Demo mission.
Issues with loot spawns cooldowns.
Several bugs with Traders supplies.
Loot spawn system failing to spawn props/static objects.
New :
Added 'Static Objects' spawn chances to the Loot module (0% by default).

Download Link : Ravage v0.1.392
drive_logo.png

Have fun guys and gals!

• Like 9

Thank you for the quick fixes in various different areas - I know you wanted to "dig yourself free" and divert some coding time for the next project, and one hell of a good job you did in that endeavour! 

In the short time since 1.39 release you already banged out not just one, but  TWO batches of tweaks&fixes - :respekt:

• Like 3