@igame360 : That script you posted has nothing to do with Ravage. If you just need some radiation script, I suggest you wait for the Contamination mod to be released.

Ravage has its own system, but it requires the survival module (wich also enables hunger & thirst functions) and lacks flexibility at the moment.

@donniepcgames : yes, I-build has been said to be working with Ravage - I don't know of any other mod/scripts that works as well.

A built-in building system (haha...) is on the to-do list, but it's not high priority right now : making bases encourages sedentary gameplay, wich is not easy to make interesting.

@Jimmakos : Funny that you should mention Fallout Radio musics. I've been writing an alternative music system to emulate a radio station system - as some of you may remember, I've been working on some kind of Fallout remake. ;)

No ETA at the moment though!

• Like 1

@igame360 : That script you posted has nothing to do with Ravage. If you just need some radiation script, I suggest you wait for the Contamination mod to be released.

Ravage has its own system, but it requires the survival module (wich also enables hunger & thirst functions) and lacks flexibility at the moment.

The filter effect for the contaminated zone is nice, and can be a good idea, but making one still playable for a firefight can be quite hard to achieve. 

Anyway thanks for the  infos, this will give me ideas!

I got a question: when players are on vehicles and moving at fast speed, it seems the spawn of Zombies to be not as efficient as when they are on foot. To ensure the spawn is done better, shall I increase the radius of the spawn in the module settings?  If I increase the radius, will it make the Zombies spawn at least at the distance putted in parameters or within the distance indicated? 

Also, back with an unanswered question:

About the radiations: it there a way to explain to the players the values displayed by the Geiger counter? By example I can say that a "+109" is more harmful than a "+19", but if I want to be more precise, how can I understand the values? How can they understand the effects of the radiation other than the Health status?

Can you add some songs of the Fallout's Exsistence Radio 2.0 music mod?

Oh thanks, lovely, using them now.

[...]

I got a question: when players are on vehicles and moving at fast speed, it seems the spawn of Zombies to be not as efficient as when they are on foot. To ensure the spawn is done better, shall I increase the radius of the spawn in the module settings?  If I increase the radius, will it make the Zombies spawn at least at the distance putted in parameters or within the distance indicated? 

Also, back with an unanswered question:

About the radiations: it there a way to explain to the players the values displayed by the Geiger counter? By example I can say that a "+109" is more harmful than a "+19", but if I want to be more precise, how can I understand the values? How can they understand the effects of the radiation other than the Health status?

Currently, the number of zeds is slightly lowered when a player is in a vehicle; it's something I've changed on my DEV build (number of zeds will be reduced for players in air vehicles only).

Framerate stays pretty solid, so it will most likely make its way to the next update.

As for radiations, it's all a bit arbitrary, but it shows how many "rad points" you're absorbing every 5 seconds or so (the lenght of the timer is dynamic). 10.000 "rad points" is the maximum and represents 100% rad poisonning status. At this point your max health will drop to zero and you will slowly loose health until death.

I am trying to figure something out with my Ravage mission. Whenever I make players in a group, the group icons at the bottom of the screen will not go away unless I turn all HUD's off, which causes problems when trying to set sites when fighting (you can't see your weapon range without the HUD). I'm talking about the group box in the bottom left corner with each player name such as Donnie, Joe, Alex where you can see which mode each player is in, such as "stop", etc.

At the same time, my player keeps calling out things to other players and we can't get this to shut off. I know this is also under game options when you start a game but there must be something set in the editor that overrides it. I'm trying to remove both things from my mission.

Can anyone help me out?

At the same time, my player keeps calling out things to other players and we can't get this to shut off. I know this is also under game options when you start a game but there must be something set in the editor that overrides it. I'm trying to remove both things from my mission.

Can anyone help me out?

The related difficulty option never worked. That's why I completely disabled those callouts in the next update. ;)

You can use my Discipline mod until then.

• Like 2

When you command AI that bar at the bottom will be there, tbh i dont recall anything that turns that off, nor have I looked, as for the AI calling out targets and what not

its not related to Ravage or the editor, you'll need to mod your arma3 to turn them off, there are scripts, codes and what not you could use or implement.

I am working on a new WarMod for Ravage called RavWarMod, WarMod is a massive addon mod, customizable compilation mod that adds all kinds

of gameplay features and functions, and removes things from the game such as what your referring too, for the Ravage aspect it will have features in it that will compliment Ravage and is specific to it,

I should have this mod ready for release in about a week or less, I've got to get this latest patch out for my other mod before i get on RavWarMod so sat i will be working on it, getting permissions for

some of the mods I have will take the longest.

As for the intro to the Ravage Utube channel I haven't forgotten it just been to busy with my other mod and the Ragnarok'44 series

which Im trying to get working again in arma3, so I hopefully should have the vid this weekend ready!

• Like 3

Hi guys!

I'm still tweaking stuff until 1.64 hits stable; and since I'm finding less and less issues to fix in the current dev build, I took the time to add support for Iron Front Lite!

It's WIP and only concerns a selection of items wich can blend with common gear :

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Uniforms, vests and backpacks mostly; support for weapons is there too. Perfect for the DayZ 2017 vibe. :)

Here's what should be the final changelog for Ravage v139 :

Tweaked :
Improved AI awareness when detected by zombies.
Increased delay between dynamic sand gusts.
Players now have to remove their gasmask or special helmet before eating or drinking.
Distance check before caching empty vehicles and wrecks reduced by half.
Breathfog simulation is now synchronized with respiration rate for players and AI.
Slightly lowered gasmask SFX.
Only supplies traders can spawn dynamically (weapons traders have to be placed manually).
Increased Rating malus when killing traders or their bodyguards.
Removed a few car patrols from the Altis scenario.
Disabled dynamic sand gusts during heavy rain.
The "rvg_owned" variable can be used to exclude corpses from the clean-up system.
The "rvg_owned" variable can be used to exclude vehicles from damages applied by the Vehicles Module.
Added more infected faces to renegades when zombies are enabled.
the rvg_fnc_zed_spawn function now returns the zeds it has created.
Ravage no longer uses removeAllActions : only actions created by the mod will be removed.
Removed the "enable Survival system" option from the survival module (placing the module activates it).
Disabled a couple intro scenes for Altis.
Contact reports are completely disabled (until BIS fixes the related difficulty option).
Autonomous Machines are available as secondary Force as well (Ambiant AI module).
Removed vanilla AKM from civilian loot lists.
Number of wrecks on the Altis showcase has been increased.
Numerous minor code optimizations.
Updated a few module descriptions.
[singleplayer] Bandits are no longer equipped with Apex items if the player doesn't own the DLC.
They still use Apex weapons unless one of the mods supported by the mission is detected.

Fixed :
Critical error when hand-placed zombies would attack without an active Zombie module.
Some buildings were listed twice when using multiple building lists from the loot system.
Loot spawn issues when driving vehicles.
Ambiant wrecks spawning on airfields runaways.
Various errors related to the AI spawn system.
Error preventing killed recruitable AI survivors from respawning.
"Holster" action would disappear after a respawn.
Bandits and wrecks sometimes spawning too close to players.
Distance check before deleting dead bodies and weapon holders.
Distance check before spawning zombies.
RPT error when fixing a vehicle with a vanilla toolkit.
Missing Apex military buildings from Loot system.
Fixed Geiger activation sound timing.
Hordes should react properly to nearby targets when "Horde Behaviour" is enabled.
The rvg_garbage_collector variable was unnecessarily broadcasted across clients.
Minor fixes to the Altis showcase.
Spawned Drones weren't deleted after they'd been destroyed.
Fix for infected faces not showing for everyone in MP.
Config conflict for B_Pilot_F & B_Helipilot_F infantry class.
Tanoa fuel stations are now disabled if rvg_Apex is loaded.
Fixed Renegades configs.
Numerous minor fixes.

New :
The following gamelogics can be used as artificial locations for the Ambiant AI spawns :
village, town, city (found under "logic entitites >> locations" in Eden).
Added support for Iron Front Lite (WIP).
Bandits will sometimes search random buildings if the loot system is enabled.
Zombies are available to be placed by Zeus (Civilians>zombies).
Zeus can takeover any zombie.
Zeus can takeover any spawned survivor if allowed by the new "Remote Control" parameter from the Ambiant AI module.
New Loot module option to allow Deployable Respawn Camps.
Arma1 buildings are now supported by the Loot module.
All Ravage items are available in Virtual Arsenal under the magazines panel.
All empty vehicles and wrecks spawned by Ravage are virtualized (cargo isn't persistent at the moment!).
Added wrecks virtualization distance parameter to Vehicles Module.
Optional Vehicles caching system enabled from the settings module : it will cache vehicles that are not spawned by Ravage.
Added spawn distances parameter to Ambiant AI module.
Added intact versions for Land_LampHalogen_F and Land_LampAirport_F to Eden.
Added new ambiant tracks from Arma3.
The Vehicles module offers different settings for wrecks presence (none, low, medium, high, extreme).
It is now possible to set a percentage of burning wrecks from the Vehicles module.
Gasmasks from following mods are supported : FFAA, EPSM Exomod, KA Specially Equipped Pack.
Added new Oxygen Rebreather Vest.
Ravage *should* be linux-friendly.

Cheers!

• Like 8

Great pics Haleks!

And another impressive Changelog :)

Do you plan on adding Project Opfor Compat? As they have plenty of gear that would work well with this (depending on what region you set the gear pool to)

The following gamelogics can be used as artificial locations for the Ambiant AI spawns :

village, town, city (found under "logic entitites >> locations" in Eden).

Wow, this is good control... Does that mean, in Eden we will link those gamelogics to AI modules?

Bandits will sometimes search random buildings if the loot system is enabled.

Awesome. I hope I will witness it once... Can you tell in which file this code is? I'd like to have a look then...

Would it be possible to have a little more control over loot, I'm not the biggest fan of the ArmA3 vanilla weapons, on top of this would we be able to set the containers loot spawn in so we could end up using the "weapon holders" so loot would appear on the ground, similar to DayZ

• Like 1

Do you plan on adding Project Opfor Compat? As they have plenty of gear that would work well with this (depending on what region you set the gear pool to)

Not really planned : judging by the screenshots, it would seem that most (if not all) their assets are covered already by either RHS, CUP or warfareThai.

It's probably a very practical addon for mission making, but I'm not sure it brings anything new to Ravage.

Wow, this is good control... Does that mean, in Eden we will link those gamelogics to AI modules?

Awesome. I hope I will witness it once... Can you tell in which file this code is? I'd like to have a look then...

No need to link the gamelogics, the AI module will detect them. :)

As for the bandits looting function, look for rvg_fnc_groupLootSearch (it will be in the main functions) once the update is out. Basically the script dispatches each units of a group to multiple positions of the biggest building around; the function has about 20% chances to be called on each waypoint (most patrols having usually like 5 looped waypoints).

Would it be possible to have a little more control over loot, I'm not the biggest fan of the ArmA3 vanilla weapons, on top of this would we be able to set the containers loot spawn in so we could end up using the "weapon holders" so loot would appear on the ground, similar to DayZ

You can already exclude vanilla weapons by enabling weapons from any of the supported mods : use the Equipment Pool module. This filtering system will be extended to other items eventually.

As for the ground weaponHolders, that won't be doable currently. Ravage, most of the time, doesn't actually spawn loot; those only exist as virtual data until players actually try to access them. It's not something I can do with ground weaponHolders.

• Like 5

You can already exclude vanilla weapons by enabling weapons from any of the supported mods : use the Equipment Pool module. This filtering system will be extended to other items eventually.

As for the ground weaponHolders, that won't be doable currently. Ravage, most of the time, doesn't actually spawn loot; those only exist as virtual data until players actually try to access them. It's not something I can do with ground weaponHolders.

I had the RHS mods active and I knew they were because the hostile AI were spawning with AKs, however I was still finding 6.5mm Stanag mags for the MX in weapon boxes

Yes theres a module in the editor where you can choose to spawn a hoarde, or hoardes, Welcome to Bis forums btw, and to Ravage Release thread!

Check out the Ravage utube Channel in my sig to see the many vids recorded by the fans, it should help give you a better idea on how Ravage plays,

dont forget to review the 1st post of the thread for general overall info on Ravage.

• Like 2

Hi guys, just another noob question. Is there any way to increase zed detection range? I like the possibility for player to barricade a home during the night becoz the zed can smell living being from distance and then surrounding the house or break into barricade :D

Hi guys, just another noob question. Is there any way to increase zed detection range? I like the possibility for player to barricade a home during the night becoz the zed can smell living being from distance and then surrounding the house or break into barricade :D

No, not currently : their detection range is dynamic and depends on the sun angle.

It could be an interesting parameter though; I might try some things after this update...

• Like 1

can someone make a vide or a simple tutorial on how to turn off the radiation in Tanoa or Atlis.. and how to increase the Enemy number or presence.. i cant get it on how to do it like in ravage wikia..  thanks..

can someone make a vide or a simple tutorial on how to turn off the radiation in Tanoa or Atlis.. and how to increase the Enemy number or presence.. i cant get it on how to do it like in ravage wikia..  thanks..

Are you using the editor?

if so

Radiation is in the survival module and it can be adjusted there

Zed presence is by total number in the Zombie module

Ai presence is a multiplier in the Ai module

If you are not changing in the editor then you cant adjust it in the mission itself once playing

• Like 1

if so

If you are not changing in the editor then you cant adjust it in the mission itself once playing

Im using the eden editor in arma 3 editor itself.. i saw it on modules > ravage > survival settings.. then i lay it out on the field and double click it.. turned it off. then saved it.. if i saved it with any names should it just work? cause it doesnt work for me. .

if so

Im using the eden editor in arma 3 editor itself.. i saw it on modules > ravage > survival settings.. then i lay it out on the field and double click it.. turned it off. then saved it.. if i saved it with any names should it just work? cause it doesnt work for me. .

when you save the mission with the radiations turned off it should just work... you are saying you have all radiation turned off in the module but radiation is still on?

when you save the mission with the radiations turned off it should just work... you are saying you have all radiation turned off in the module but radiation is still on?

yes. maybe i did something wrong. first i press on the editor > then double click on altis map with ravage icon on it > then i go to system then modules > then Ravage then i place the Survival System on anyplace on the map > double click the Survival system > Radiation System = No > then i press okay > then Save it to any name.. and then i tried it but the radiation system is still on..

yes. maybe i did something wrong. first i press on the editor > then double click on altis map with ravage icon on it > then i go to system then modules > then Ravage then i place the Survival System on anyplace on the map > double click the Survival system > Radiation System = No > then i press okay > then Save it to any name.. and then i tried it but the radiation system is still on..

weird... ill test and see if i get that too... sounds like you are doing it right tho!