Hey guys.

I'm so sorry for taking your time. I want to apologize, because the error in my game was definitely the Arma 3 version. The 1.62 update was not sucessfuly installed and i was running the game outdated. 
Thank you so much for your attention!

Great mod!

• Like 2

One question Haleks (or any other people) regarding chemlights - I noticed that their glow is rather weak (especially the red one). Is this a result of me having RHS mod? It wasnt the case earlier.

Amazing mod, can you add more player to play ????  to multiplayer to,thank alot man

Hi,

Ravage doesn't have any built-in MP mission at the moment, so you'll have to ask the authors of whatever mission you're playing. ;)

One question Haleks (or any other people) regarding chemlights - I noticed that their glow is rather weak (especially the red one). Is this a result of me having RHS mod? It wasnt the case earlier.

This has been the case ever since the visual upgrade; I thought it would be fixed with 1.64...

It's something I will tackle eventually, if BIS doesn't tweak it.

• Like 2

I am having a problem with this mod.  When I attempt to resume the game it will not start.

States something about running a mod'ed game. I am not running any other mods or addons.

I restarted the game and played for a while, got out, and tried to resume, and it will not work.

Running Arma 3 version 1.62.137494

Any ideas?

I am having a problem with this mod.  When I attempt to resume the game it will not start.

States something about running a mod'ed game. I am not running any other mods or addons.

I restarted the game and played for a while, got out, and tried to resume, and it will not work.

Running Arma 3 version 1.62.137494

Any ideas?

What's your CBA version? I could also use the exact error message and/or RPT reports.

Hello

I can sell to the trader my ACP-C2 several times, in tanoa mission 

I can sell it for 6$ two or three times and i will always have it on me...

Is this an knowing issue ?

• Like 1

What's your CBA version? I could also use the exact error message and/or RPT reports.

CBA v3.0.0

Aaaah geeez, I didn't have CBA checked. Just tested the mod and all is okay.

• Like 3

Hello

I can sell to the trader my ACP-C2 several times, in tanoa mission 

I can sell it for 6$ two or three times and i will always have it on me...

Is this an knowing issue ?

That's definitely something I overlooked - I'll try to get it fixed before the update, thanks for reporting!

Hi,

just played the ravage modules in MP with a few friends and we had a lot of fun! It is such a great experience now everything works in MP too!

I was wondering if it is somehow possible to set up a template of ravage, with players and all the modules you want. Export it and then just rewrite it like in DUWS where you just change the folder name of the mission from for example My_Ravage_Template.altis to My_Ravage_Template.chernarus and it will just work on chernarus. Is this possible?

Can I build it myself somehow? I am not a good scripter or anything.

Regards

Sorry Solano, I missed your post somehow!

What you're asking is more or less possible; one problem is that positions will translate differently on each terrain, so simply renaming the template mission won't do it : you'll have open said mission and manually re-place each player unless there is a scripted spawn sequence.

In other words, for this to be possible, the template has to be scripted to account for all terrains/situations - so that does require a bit of work...

I noticed that there is two map, one from the game and one from the mod.

It is possible to set that one map in loot will show markers, and the other map not showing anything like it is in normal

I want to build a mission, when i loot map from raiders the map will show strategic markers

and when i loot the second map from like building it will show nothing.

Is this possible ?

Thank you

I noticed that there is two map, one from the game and one from the mod.

It is possible to set that one map in loot will show markers, and the other map not showing anything like it is in normal

I want to build a mission, when i loot map from raiders the map will show strategic markers

and when i loot the second map from like building it will show nothing.

Is this possible ?

Thank you

Yes, it's possible with a bit of scripting; you would need to wait until the player has the right map (classname : "rvg_ItemMap") and then either create your markers or reveal them by changing their Alpha (at 0 markers are invisible).

_revealMarkers = [] spawn {
	waitUntil {"rvg_ItemMap" in items player};
	/*do your stuff here*/
};

Assuming you're building a SP mission - things should be handled differently for MP.

Yes, it's possible with a bit of scripting; you would need to wait until the player has the right map (classname : "rvg_ItemMap") and then either create your markers or reveal them by changing their Alpha (at 0 markers are invisible).

_revealMarkers = [] spawn {
	waitUntil {"rvg_ItemMap" in items player};
	/*do your stuff here*/
};

Assuming you're building a SP mission - things should be handled differently for MP.

Thank you Haleks

Yes just for SP mission.

I don't know scripting yet, but i will investigate

Hi guys!

Arma 3 has been updated to 1.64 today, time for a Ravage update too!
On the menu : improved MP compatibility, added support for Iron Front LITE and Friths Ruin, improved Zeus compatibility, Arma1 buildings added to the loot system - and a ton of fixes and tweaks.

Here's the full changelog :

Tweaked :
Static objects spawned by the Loot system are created as simple Objects.
Improved AI awareness when detected by zombies.
Increased delay between dynamic sand gusts.
Players now have to remove their gasmask or special helmet before eating or drinking.
Distance check before caching empty vehicles and wrecks reduced by half.
Breathfog simulation is now synchronized with respiration rate for players and AI.
Slightly lowered gasmask SFX.
Only supplies traders can spawn dynamically (weapons traders have to be placed manually).
Increased Rating malus when killing traders or their bodyguards.
Removed a few car patrols from the Altis scenario.
Disabled dynamic sand gusts during heavy rain.
The "rvg_owned" variable can be used to exclude corpses from the clean-up system.
The "rvg_owned" variable can be used to exclude vehicles from damages applied by the Vehicles Module.
the rvg_fnc_zed_spawn function now returns the zeds it has created.
Ravage no longer uses removeAllActions : only actions created by the mod will be removed.
Removed the "enable Survival system" option from the survival module (placing the module activates it).
Disabled a couple intro scenes for Altis.
Contact reports are completely disabled (until BIS fixes the related difficulty option).
Autonomous Machines are available as secondary Force as well (Ambiant AI module).
Removed vanilla AKM from civilian loot lists.
Number of wrecks on the Altis showcase has been increased.
Numerous minor code optimizations.
Updated a few module descriptions.
Disabled Satellite Map display.
"Open Bag" action added back.
[singleplayer] Bandits are no longer equipped with Apex items if the player doesn't own the DLC.
They still use Apex weapons unless one of the mods supported by the mission is detected.
Fixed :
Survival variables are now re-initialized on respawn.
The Equipment Pool module would fail to exclude items from missing addons.
Critical error when hand-placed zombies would attack without an active Zombie module.
Some buildings were listed twice when using multiple building lists from the loot system.
Noise generated by players fixing vehicles didn't alert nearby hostiles.
Loot spawn issues when driving vehicles.
Ambiant wrecks spawning on airfields runaways.
Various errors related to the AI spawn system.
Error preventing killed recruitable AI survivors from respawning.
"Holster" action would disappear after a respawn.
Bandits and wrecks sometimes spawning too close to players.
Distance check before deleting dead bodies and weapon holders.
Distance check before spawning zombies.
RPT error when fixing a vehicle with a vanilla toolkit.
Missing Apex military buildings from Loot system.
Fixed Geiger activation sound timing.
Hordes should react properly to nearby targets when "Horde Behaviour" is enabled.
The rvg_garbage_collector variable was unnecessarily broadcasted across clients.
Minor fixes to the Altis showcase.
Spawned Drones weren't deleted after they'd been destroyed.
Fix for infected faces not showing for everyone in MP.
Config conflict for B_Pilot_F & B_Helipilot_F infantry class.
Tanoa fuel stations are now disabled if rvg_Apex is loaded.
Fixed Renegades configs.
Fix for selling or buying equipped weapons.
Numerous minor fixes.
New :
The following gamelogics can be used as artificial locations for the Ambiant AI spawns :
village, town, city (found under "logic entitites >> locations" in Eden).
Added support for Iron Front Lite (WIP).
Added support for Friths Ruin (WIP).
Bandits will sometimes search random buildings if the loot system is enabled.
Zombies are available to be placed by Zeus (Civilians>zombies).
Zeus can takeover any zombie.
Zeus can takeover any spawned survivor if allowed by the new "Remote Control" parameter from the Ambiant AI module.
New Loot module option to allow Deployable Respawn Camps.
Arma1 buildings are now supported by the Loot module.
All Ravage items are available in Virtual Arsenal under the magazines panel.
All empty vehicles and wrecks spawned by Ravage are virtualized (cargo isn't persistent at the moment!).
Added wrecks virtualization distance parameter to Vehicles Module.
Optional Vehicles caching system enabled from the settings module : it will cache vehicles that are not spawned by Ravage.
Added spawn distances parameter to Ambiant AI module.
Added intact versions for Land_LampHalogen_F and Land_LampAirport_F to Eden.
Added new ambiant tracks from Arma3.
The Vehicles module offers different settings for wrecks presence (none, low, medium, high, extreme).
It is now possible to set a percentage of burning wrecks from the Vehicles module.
Gasmasks from following mods are supported : FFAA, EPSM Exomod, KA Specially Equipped Pack.
Added new Oxygen Rebreather Vest.
Ravage *should* be linux-friendly.

Download Link : Ravage v0.1.39

drive_logo.png

Note to mission-makers : All those changes were made "under the hood" whenever that was possible; that being said I recommend checking the modules you may have placed in your missions as some of them received new parameters.

Also, zombies in the editor will be found under "civilians" rather than "BluFor"!

Have fun everyone!

• Like 14

Hey folks, don't overlook the presence (and beauty) of that Oxygen Rebreather Vest......my personal favorite addition to v139.  :)

• Like 3

It seems that human ai are not engaging zombies that are dynamically spawned by modules. I noticed that they are spawning under 'empty', but if I were to put them down manually they are under 'civilian'. The human ai will attack zombies under 'civilian'. Am I alone on this, or missing something?

This sounds like an old issue. I really don't know why you would have such an error - if you're on 1.62, then you should definitely have 3den loaded with stock addons...

What you need to do is whitelisting all the Ravage functions so that Exile lets them remoteExec. You would probably need to whitelist some scripting commands too - a PITA...

Another option wich might work : if it's possible to override this from the mission file, you could write a new remoteExec config. Add this to the description.ext file in your mission :

class CfgRemoteExec
{        
       class Functions
       {
		mode = 2;
		jip = 1;
       };
};

Basically, this allows any function or command to be remoteExec'd - whitelists will be ignored. Tell me if this solves your problems. ;)

It does not solve the problem. But i found a well covered (by a weird name) setting in the Exile serverconfig. As soon as i have disabled it, all sounds are working flawlessly. Guess i have disabled the built in anti-hacking projection, but it doesnt matter to me.

It seems that human ai are not engaging zombies that are dynamically spawned by modules. I noticed that they are spawning under 'empty', but if I were to put them down manually they are under 'civilian'. The human ai will attack zombies under 'civilian'. Am I alone on this, or missing something?

I have encounter something similar but not full covering your issue. I was running from a bunch of zeds (around) 10 including all kinds. Accidently i was passing some hostile npcs. The npcs started shooting at me but not at the zeds even i was killed. After respawn i was running around and noticed a "friendly" npc attacking another bunch of zeds which seem working fine.

I have also encountered an issue with the zed spawning which seem pretty strange to me.

In both cases my ambient zed spawn settings are :

Types : Both

Ratio Bolters : 15

Max amount of Zeds : 500

Zeds spawned per player : 100

Radius of spawning : 750

Number of humane players : 2

In 1.38 spawning looks like this :

Middle of nowhere / Woods etc.: No to very low spawning (approx. 0 to 10 in sight depending on map and position)

Rural areas : Low to medium spawning (approx. 10 to 15 in sight depending on map and position)

Urban areas : Medium to high spawning (approx. 15 to 30 in sight depending on map and position)

The spread of zeds was pretty realistic.

Since 1.39 spawning looks like this :

We were running around in the middle of nowhere (Tanoa), came around the corner and bammm..... around 50-60 zeds where spawned on a field. This was only the visible number of zed. There were a lot more covered by trees. The first two times we got overwhelmed and killed by approx. 30 runners ? Then i disabled the runners  in the spawn module just to do some more testing. 

We were running around again and noticed the above described spawning behavior several times... a huge amount of zeds at one place (wilderness) and nearly zero or only solo walkers on other places (urban). There is definitely a difference to 1.38 and with enabled runners it is impossible to survive an encounter like this. 

Imho it gives a great the walking dead feeling even with that amount of runners, but the zeds should spawn in towns... and not somewhere in the wild. 

I'll do some more testing during the weekend.

It does not solve the problem. But i found a well covered (by a weird name) setting in the Exile serverconfig. As soon as i have disabled it, all sounds are working flawlessly. Guess i have disabled the built in anti-hacking projection, but it doesnt matter to me.

I have encounter something similar but not full covering your issue. I was running from a bunch of zeds (around) 10 including all kinds. Accidently i was passing some hostile npcs. The npcs started shooting at me but not at the zeds even i was killed. After respawn i was running around and noticed a "friendly" npc attacking another bunch of zeds which seem working fine.

I have also encountered an issue with the zed spawning which seem pretty strange to me.

In both cases my ambient zed spawn settings are :

Types : Both

Ratio Bolters : 15

Max amount of Zeds : 500

Zeds spawned per player : 100

Radius of spawning : 750

Number of humane players : 2

In 1.38 spawning looks like this :

Middle of nowhere / Woods etc.: No to very low spawning (approx. 0 to 10 in sight depending on map and position)

Rural areas : Low to medium spawning (approx. 10 to 15 in sight depending on map and position)

Urban areas : Medium to high spawning (approx. 15 to 30 in sight depending on map and position)

The spread of zeds was pretty realistic.

Since 1.39 spawning looks like this :

We were running around in the middle of nowhere (Tanoa), came around the corner and bammm..... around 50-60 zeds where spawned on a field. This was only the visible number of zed. There were a lot more covered by trees. The first two times we got overwhelmed and killed by approx. 30 runners ? Then i disabled the runners  in the spawn module just to do some more testing. 

We were running around again and noticed the above described spawning behavior several times... a huge amount of zeds at one place (wilderness) and nearly zero or only solo walkers on other places (urban). There is definitely a difference to 1.38 and with enabled runners it is impossible to survive an encounter like this. 

Imho it gives a great the walking dead feeling even with that amount of runners, but the zeds should spawn in towns... and not somewhere in the wild. 

I'll do some more testing during the weekend.

The difference between the two versions is the players distance check (it wasn't working in 1.38) : try to reduce the zed spawn distance - a lot! 750m is a huge radius, you'll probably have better results with 300m or less.

I will tweak the distance checks on my end and make it more flexible or configurable by mission-makers.

@Nation1 : will check it out!

The difference between the two versions is the players distance check (it wasn't working in 1.38) : try to reduce the zed spawn distance - a lot! 750m is a huge radius, you'll probably have better results with 300m or less.

I will tweak the distance checks on my end and make it more flexible or configurable by mission-makers.

Do i understand the distance-check right ? Spawn distance covers the area around a player where zeds can spawn ?  

My intention is to have a huge area with less zeds, not a small area with a lot of zeds ... e.g. 750m radius (1500m diameter) with (according to two players) a max of 200 zeds spread within. 

Or am i completely wrong ?

Maybe i haven't explained enough. What i wanted to report is, that we got "all" zeds on one place and if you manage to pass the zeds, you'll find only a few solo walkers behind. And thats it. If you still walk straight on, then you find the same situation again, after a while. I don't want want to run against a wall of zeds over and over again with constantly shooting them. 

Yes, you do understand it right; it's just the coding on my end went wrong. ^^'

Anyway I'll most likely push a small hotfix within a few hours to adress that and the AI not engaging dynamic zeds.

Ok, then we are good. Sorry, sometimes its difficult for me to explain something in english. 

HYPE.

The following gamelogics can be used as artificial locations for the Ambiant AI spawns :
village, town, city (found under "logic entitites >> locations" in Eden).
You wrote the logic entities do not have to be linked. Does it also work if there are multiple AI modules?
  • Like 1