Coming to a town near you.......

;)  ;)

• Like 6

@Sgt Smash & Evil Organ

Thanks guys, yeah I'm going to look into that.

Hi guys, quick update on the development!

We keep making good progress on the MP tests, thanks to Cosmic, Tourist & EO.

At the moment we are busy fixing locality issues with zombies, but pretty much all the other features are working (except for the Hordes, wich won't be MP-compatible at first).

Some notes for mission makers :

I've made my best to keep it simple : the goal is to be able to set up any kind of mission without third-party tools. In other words, you should be able to set up everything from the editor.

In fact the process will be the same as for creating a SP mission; just set some playable units, place any desired module and export : the modules will detect what kind of environment it has to deal with (SP, locally hosted MP or dedicated server) and react accordingly.

Of course more complex approaches are possible for advanced users; Ravage is (or should be) compatible with most user made addons : you want to throw in some zombies along with the ALIVE population system? Set up a quick Stalker-ish mission on Namalsk? Or you just wanna see how long it takes for zombies to clean up a village from civilians spawned by the TPW mod? Go for it (and if it doesn't work make sure to poke me)!

The MP port was also the occasion to clean up the code a bit and optimize some stuff. Here's the changelog so far :

Tweaked :
Tweaked zed sounds volume.
Tweaked Irradiation rate and antirad pills potency.
Added a "GlobalSay3d" function for MP usage.
The vehicles module doesn't damage occupied vehicles anymore.
Repair system overhaul.
Tweaked optional color correction.
Recruited units have a small chance to run out of ammo.
Zombies have better chances to grab the player's backpack.
Replaced a few building models.
Disabled church bells.
Spawned Repair trucks can no longer be used to repair other vehicles.
Reduced Refuel capacity for spawned refuel vehicles.
Tweaked Nutrition level for cooked meat.
Tweaked zed attack range and timing (again).

Fixed :
Zombies didn't ignore roads, preventing them from going straight to their target.
Fixed a potential error with custom damage handling.
Fixed several errors with irradiation rates.
Several fixes to the Geiger numerical display.
Zombies were not always chasing the closest known target.
Zombies not moving for a few seconds after spawning.
Probabilities calculation errors preventing zombies to spawn.
Disabling Sun Influence in the ambiant zombies module didn't have any effect on spawn chances.
Added missing Arma2 buildings to the Loot spawn system.
Geiger numerical display was off-screen on certain resolutions/screen formats.
Zombie sounds not working in MP.
Custom vehicle textures were not applied in MP.
Fixed several background functions to run in MP.
Disabled "Rest" actions in MP.
Various bug fixes & tweaks.

New :
All modules except zombie hordes are now MP-compatible (WIP).
New Toolbox model & texture by Giorgygr.
Added vehicle caching system (SP only).
Added support for a few vehicles from RDS_A2port.

Not long from now, and you guys should be able to play Ravage with your friends... :)

• Like 11

Footage from one of the first tests with all 3 of us on. Keep in mind a debug was set to respawn us for testing purposes only and is not present in the mod.

• Like 6

Does this work with ACE or does any one have an aweome mission using ravage and ACE compatible? :)

Thanks

Does this work with ACE or does any one have an aweome mission using ravage and ACE compatible? :)

Thanks

At the moment ACE isn't fully supported yet - see the first post for more details.

Haleks!

I salute your continued support for Ravage, I know you've been working your ass off to make it MP compatible, your gonna make a lot of people very happy around here.......

Have a really nice coffee and croissant on me.  ;)

• Like 4

Thanks E.O!

Quick update :

I am pleased to say that we made a major breakthrough in solving the remaining problems with zombies in MP.

At the moment I'd say the current DEVbuild we are working on is MP-ready; it needs some balancing and a few tweaks, but all modules behave as intended in both SP & MP.

Keep in mind that Ravage won't have any data persistency or save feature at first; some modules, like the Survival module, will be less relevant as a result.

Nonetheless, most of them will be solid enough to allow all kinds of COOP scenarios; I kept performances in mind while tweaking the whole thing - ideally it should run as smooth as SP.

Basically modules will distribute the work-load across clients whenever that's possible, while keeping data trafic as low as possible on the network; in some cases the server will act as a backup/safeguard : it is, for instance, able to takeover control of remote zombies whenever the client who spawned them disconnects.

It seems to work rather well so far; Cosmic, E.O and Tourist reported that their average framerate remained above 35 fps with more than 200 zombies around them, while the loot system and a few other things were running.

There is a lot of work to do still, but we're getting there! ;)

• Like 7

Haleks has been working non stop... We are just trying to ensure we get things uploaded and tested as fast as we can.

It's going to be good.

This video is from First tests where EO and I were touring a ravaged Stratis.

• Like 6

If you're working on setting it up to run on a Dedicated Server Haleks, I can help you with load distribution. As far as I can see here, you're walking down the exact same path that Rocket did with DayZ several years ago. The next step, once you get the dedicated part going, is to write the zombie and loot spawner modules to work with headless clients. Since the dedicated server process in Arma 3 only takes up so much ram (just under 2Gb) and only utilizes so much CPU (on my box, about 18%), you can use multiple headless clients, configured with unlimited bandwidth, on the same machine to run some of your zed and loot spawn stuff. It's a way of being able to distribute that load and use more CPU power. 

B

By the way, very impressed with and excited about the progress!

B

• Like 1

By the way, very impressed with and excited about the progress!

B

Haleks is a machine! ;)

• Like 5

Hi guys,

Thanks Haleks for this awesome mod!!! (y)

Sry for my bad Englih. Are you going to do any tool for rearming offroad or heli?

Is it possible to make scripts for build your own base in mission? f.e you can find some material (sandbag, barbed fence, wood board,..... load it into offroad, unload where you want and build little base for some time pennalty.

I haven´t any experience with scripting.... so how can I put some weapons, attachments that I want to add to Haleks base mission. I tried add weapon shortcut in lootlist.sqf, gearlist.sqf..... but I didn´t see that weapon whole game.

Hi I really like this mod, but have two problems. I'm making a mission in Esseker map (no zombies) and by the moment I'm just using the modules and I have found that water from the river for example cannot be used to fill the canteen, is map related or mod related problem?, and can be solved? (if not I will try to cover the river with radiation to avoid getting there)

And the second problem is I realized that using HLC AK pack, Massi's Weapon Pack and Tryk's uniforms and the game spawn the AK74 from HLC alot and only found 1 vanilla uniform (blufor combat uniform), also lot of ak74 mags and le enfield with mags, that in normal loot and bandits aswell. In about 4-5 villages like 10 Aks (mostly bandits) and like 30 mags (mostly loot).

Where are the rest of weapons? and the smgs? (only found 1 vector and no ammo). I was thinking in lowering the weapon and magazines percentage but, first I want to know if is a loot list problem because if I lower it maybe I wont see another weapon type only as rare loot.

Is there anyway to increasing sting, pdw2000 and all smg and pistols loot and decreasing the assault rifles? and if possible in bandits too, so there will be more low caliber weapons.

And maybe a bit of gear scaling? so bandits will start spawning with better weapons when the player gets better gear. (I know this may be asking too much but I would like to see a selectable option for that :P)

My loot settings:

Vital: 20% (I think I will lower to 15-18% to make things harder)

Weapons: 15% (I think I will lower a bit)

Ammo: 21% (this too)

Clothes: 25% (And this I will upper to maybe 35%)

Backpacks: 11%

Thanks for creating this awesome mod and sorry If I ask too complex things :).

Hi guys,

Thanks Haleks for this awesome mod!!! (y)

Sry for my bad Englih. Are you going to do any tool for rearming offroad or heli?

Is it possible to make scripts for build your own base in mission? f.e you can find some material (sandbag, barbed fence, wood board,..... load it into offroad, unload where you want and build little base for some time pennalty.

I haven´t any experience with scripting.... so how can I put some weapons, attachments that I want to add to Haleks base mission. I tried add weapon shortcut in lootlist.sqf, gearlist.sqf..... but I didn´t see that weapon whole game.

All the above can be solved by using the new Eden editor!

You can make your own base and even A.i stronge hold bases and so on. using any object in the game/mods

And you can place vehicle rearm creates either at your base or fuel stations or militray bases around the map.

• Like 1

Maybe I didn't write it understandable, I mean build base or some barbed fence right when you are playing the mission.... like in Arma 2 final campaign mission. You could bouild armory, air factory , heavy factory. So is it possible to make something like this in ravage mission.

Maybe I didn't write it understandable, I mean build base or some barbed fence right when you are playing the mission.... like in Arma 2 final campaign mission. You could bouild armory, air factory , heavy factory. So is it possible to make something like this in ravage mission.

At the moment, Ravage has no built-in function for base building.

I do have plans for this but no ETA on this particular feature, sorry...

If it helps, I am told that EDN fortification works rather well alongside Ravage : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26964

• Like 1

Like the Warfare module in Arma 2?? if so that is very Militray rather than survival apocalypse scenario, i don't think that's what Haleks is going for!!

Hello there

This doesnt work with maps with custom non a2/a3 buildings I take it, other than Namalsk?

Rgds

LoK

@orlok : not at the moment, sorry mate. :/

I have plans to change this at some point, but I'm pretty busy with other features.

• Like 1

Is there anyway to stop arma3 vanilla gear spawning as loot if using RHS and Massi's weapons etc?

having problem in finding some foods...i can only get foods on the raiders and bandits... all i ever got in crates was empty can...  too much empty cans hahahaha i just got back from playing arma 3 since i dont know how long... and my game is on v1.54 do i still need to update the game in order for the loots to spawn much frequently..? i mean the loots that can actually help my player.. =) still cant update for now need to wait for 2 months before i go off in japan.. so yeah please answer.. =)

having problem in finding some foods...i can only get foods on the raiders and bandits... all i ever got in crates was empty can...  too much empty cans hahahaha i just got back from playing arma 3 since i dont know how long... and my game is on v1.54 do i still need to update the game in order for the loots to spawn much frequently..? i mean the loots that can actually help my player.. =) still cant update for now need to wait for 2 months before i go off in japan.. so yeah please answer.. =)