Awesome, nice one!

Is this going in Redux or the main release? Is redux dead, by the way, or still in development?

The thing about Warlords is that the mission types are always the same and it would be great to have some additional variation in the missions. Even something as simple as having the start location randomly swapped for Blu-Redfor.

A mission of the same size as Malden2035 set on Tanoa or Altis would also be great (8v8). I can, and have, tweaked some missions but don't have a server to put it on! 😄

On 5/11/2020 at 7:53 PM, CaptainDawson said:

Honestly. You have the correct idea, and I 100% agree with you. There is already an AI airstrike function in Zeus for all the aircraft, spawns a plane far away that flies an attack run and drops bombs or fires rockets and cannons at the assigned target. There's plenty of time to shoot down the plane before and after, and the attacks are much more tactically realistic and balanced than the absurd CAS spam we see with player controlled planes. Again, multi-million dollar air superiority fighters from two factions would not be operating from ridiculously short dirt airstrips less than 10 km from the enemy front line and airbases. They would operate long distance from bases in friendly territory, spend only a small amount of time in hostile AA territory, commence attack, then quickly leave. In real life planes don't just hang out 24/7 in heavily defended airspace launching rockets into a city with no fear of being shot down because the AA is useless. I'd like to join a game that is not a nighttime stalemate with single Neophron with 999 ping zooming around unopposed because titan can't lock on to his heavily dsyncing aircraft in the view distance that takes him 3 seconds to fly outside of.

OOOF, so friggin tru. I've been saying this on reddit for like 1 year and a half now, only to be downvoted to fuck (I was a bit edgy back then and said stupid shit) anyway. Im not gonna take sides. I don't even want balancing right now on warlords. But Captain Dawson is completely right and the game right now never ends in the Endgame. As I just pointed out in a discussion thread I made on the workshop forums, Warlords has a serious issue in which the match becomes a complete drag. Early game is too long, Late game never ends if the defending team (be it opfor or blufor) spams infantry with AT and Automatic turrets to "defend the area" (or how I call it, deny the enemy the possibility to capture it). Its disgusting and makes the game a complete drag for both the attacking team and the defending team (AKA, the faction with more CP and the faction with less CP and/or assets). As I've mentioned in my discussion, I suggest making Capture Zones a lot smaller (like the size of a building (Like in the OFPS mod (which is based on the Bectis mod from ArmA  2, in which capture points are actually bunkers) (I recommend you guys check their server out), maxing planes to 2-5 planes per faction at a time (or making airstrikes like Hostilian and Captain Dawson suggests, and other improvements

I also complained on reddit the possibility of having a way to capture Pyrgos with a link from AAC Airfield, meaning Blufor should be able to target Pyrgos if they capture AAC airfield and/or sagonisi harbor I think it was called. That way Blufor would have a way to possibly counter attack enemy antiair coming from Pyrgos. (or make a capture point on the island close to AAC Airfield, making it a lot easier to spawn there and defend the island against campers), it would also help on making Anthrakia not be the chokepoint that currently is, since you could advance on the other island through water from Sagonisi Harbor or AAC, letting both factions have another way to pose an invasion into the other island. Also the possibility to delete warping altogether from Warlords (like in OFPS), or make it extremely expensive. (all these are different options to stop the disgusting tactics that have been developing in the warlords meta)

I'll leave a link to my discussion thread if someone wants to read more. 

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/462357997/2440336391121768734/ (post is awaiting approval so maybe it wont show up yet, though this post is a TLDR of what I said there and actually I added here some things of my previous reddit complaints).

18 hours ago, Rindoresu said:

OOOF, so friggin tru. I've been saying this on reddit for like 1 year and a half now, only to be downvoted to fuck (I was a bit edgy back then and said stupid shit) anyway. Im not gonna take sides. I don't even want balancing right now on warlords. But Captain Dawson is completely right and the game right now never ends in the Endgame. As I just pointed out in a discussion thread I made on the workshop forums, Warlords has a serious issue in which the match becomes a complete drag. Early game is too long, Late game never ends if the defending team (be it opfor or blufor) spams infantry with AT and Automatic turrets to "defend the area" (or how I call it, deny the enemy the possibility to capture it). Its disgusting and makes the game a complete drag for both the attacking team and the defending team (AKA, the faction with more CP and the faction with less CP and/or assets). As I've mentioned in my discussion, I suggest making Capture Zones a lot smaller (like the size of a building (Like in the OFPS mod (which is based on the Bectis mod from ArmA  2, in which capture points are actually bunkers) (I recommend you guys check their server out), maxing planes to 2-5 planes per faction at a time (or making airstrikes like Hostilian and Captain Dawson suggests, and other improvements

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/462357997/2440336391121768734/ (post is awaiting approval so maybe it wont show up yet, though this post is a TLDR of what I said there and actually I added here some things of my previous reddit complaints).

Yep. It's been a problem for as long as I can remember. CapainDawson was replying to me on this..

As Warlords is something of a framework, I'd say it would be fairly easy to introduce this to Warlords missions. Just remove the purchase of planes. Leave Heli's and add the airstrike scripts with a CP cost.

Problem is, we need servers to be able to do this. Many people ignore everything other than official BIS servers.

I don't suppose BIS could donate one or two of their official servers to the community, so we can try out custom missions - Warlords tweaks etc.

The easier option, without any modifications required, is just to play on smaller maps.. That's what I do.  🙂

Altis Warlords is just too damn big - and I prefer to finish a game in one session.

15 hours ago, Hostilian said:

Yep. It's been a problem for as long as I can remember. CapainDawson was replying to me on this..

As Warlords is something of a framework, I'd say it would be fairly easy to introduce this to Warlords missions. Just remove the purchase of planes. Leave Heli's and add the airstrike scripts with a CP cost.

Problem is, we need servers to be able to do this. Many people ignore everything other than official BIS servers.

I don't suppose BIS could donate one or two of their official servers to the community, so we can try out custom missions - Warlords tweaks etc.

The easier option, without any modifications required, is just to play on smaller maps.. That's what I do.  🙂

Altis Warlords is just too damn big - and I prefer to finish a game in one session.

No way you can simply change a gamestyle that has itself established for such a long time in such a drastic way without detroying the fanbase. Remove airplanes, and Warlords is over. What you want is simply not warlords.

Seriously? You think warlords is about being able to fly planes rather than helping your team capture linked sectors?

I think they'll adapt. Hopefully they're realise it's a team game - and not just about geting more kills than everyone else.

It's a minority that regularly uses planes in Warlords anyway; and others (myself included) stay away from the larger Warlords maps DUE TO PLANE SPAM (you simply can't use vehicles for long before they're destroyed by some wannabe TopGun from 2km+ away).

Warlords is on a downward spiral anyway - due, in part, of the lack of new official missions and fixes/updates.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:04 PM, Hostilian said:

Seriously? You think warlords is about being able to fly planes rather than helping your team capture linked sectors?

I think they'll adapt. Hopefully they're realise it's a team game - and not just about geting more kills than everyone else.

It's a minority that regularly uses planes in Warlords anyway; and others (myself included) stay away from the larger Warlords maps DUE TO PLANE SPAM (you simply can't use vehicles for long before they're destroyed by some wannabe TopGun from 2km+ away).

Warlords is on a downward spiral anyway - due, in part, of the lack of new official missions and fixes/updates.

You just want others to adapt for your comfort, thats all I can see here. Why don't you adapt to warlords intead. You are not happy with Aircraft.... operate a long range SAM unit. When ever the long range SAMs are up on strategical places with just a bit of maintenance, the dominace of Planes is over. That's part of the game.

• Like 2

Others are saying the same thing - and I bet, given the choice, a majority of players would support toning down the dominance of airpower in Warlords.

When they increase the power of ground based SAM's, it might improve - something that is massively underpowered in the game. I've said before that pilots SHOULD be shit scared of ground based missiles but they aren't because they can take the vehicles out so easily..

If you want to sit in planes and one click kill everything made of metal - whilst players are actually working as a team on the ground and taking the objectives, fair enough; but there should be other Warlords game-modes (or options) so we at least have a choice.

On 6/16/2020 at 3:40 PM, Hostilian said:

Others are saying the same thing - and I bet, given the choice, a majority of players would support toning down the dominance of airpower in Warlords.

When they increase the power of ground based SAM's, it might improve - something that is massively underpowered in the game. I've said before that pilots SHOULD be shit scared of ground based missiles but they aren't because they can take the vehicles out so easily..

If you want to sit in planes and one click kill everything made of metal - whilst players are actually working as a team on the ground and taking the objectives, fair enough; but there should be other Warlords game-modes (or options) so we at least have a choice.

You said it yourself, tone down, which doesn't mean remove completely. I'm alright with this and will re-suggest what I mentioned a couple weeks ago, that there should be a much longer cool-downs for vehicle rearming (like 20 - 30 min), and that will solve 90% of any kind of vehicle spamming... rhino, nephrons, kajman, etc. In fact it'l actually make flying more fun for pilots, who will need to think more strategically rather than rapid-fire HE spam, as well as for ground... who get bombed less lol.

On 6/21/2020 at 2:44 AM, Sophecles said:

You said it yourself, tone down, which doesn't mean remove completely. I'm alright with this and will re-suggest what I mentioned a couple weeks ago, that there should be a much longer cool-downs for vehicle rearming (like 20 - 30 min), and that will solve 90% of any kind of vehicle spamming... rhino, nephrons, kajman, etc. In fact it'l actually make flying more fun for pilots, who will need to think more strategically rather than rapid-fire HE spam, as well as for ground... who get bombed less lol.

Would be good for a 30 min cooldown - but will we see it? Doubt it.

They'd have to change the way rearmament trucks etc work (maybe there should also be a CP cost)..

Excluding sabotage or hacking, jets can be countered to some extent by putting 1 bot in a few cold SPAA.  There were some occasions when I had NATO tied up trying to lase and GBU them while  I'm doing something else.  T-100 can dodge all missiles with speed.  Rhino is only good against static defense.  If anything is overpowered in Arma 3, it is pop-up titans.  All it needs is 3 seconds to get a lock, then the missile can circumnavigate the planet to visit all 7 wonders of the world before returning to the AO, powder its face with any CM smoke, fly over the house that the target is behind, activate inertial dampeners to turn 90 degrees instantly, tap on his right shoulder to make him look before finally slamming into his left cheek.  They are also better against choppers than AA missiles.  This and much more in Warlords for the low-low price of 250 CP.

Anyway, the official servers probably need to be shut down to have any realistic chance of the official game modes being worth developing or playing or hosting.  Most people probably think that "official" means good, which is true in some games.

Or you could have a server that rotates maps and provides a different combined warfare experience on each one. On my dedi altis is normal warlords, stratis is more of a mechanized warfare with mostly light vehicles, transport helis and infantry fighting; and Malden is normal warlords but without fixed wing aircraft (helis spawn at the base due to the airfield being north).

iam playing around with the warlords maps and added rhs stuff. Iam playing now for some hours and was able to reach the big airfield of altis. I dont know why, but everywhere empty vehicles get spawned. What could be the reason for that?

There is currently a problem on an EU server, players place static guns under rubble and it cannot be destroyed. This means it is impossible to capture the sector back. Is it possible to fix this? This makes progression impossible if you seeded a lot of sectors this way it would block backcapping for the opposing team. We tried placing a satchel on it and it was not destroyed.

Things to include in next patch for warlords:

- Remove Rhino laser tracked rocket missile (it can be spammed and skilled player can stall whole match by using darter and destroying targets from far distance while ammo truck is constantly rearming it)

- Randomize starting positions or make more fixed starting positions

- Body clean up script at main base

@Jezuro hey was just curious its been so long since i opened my mission making of warlords, i want to figure out how to make it so its player vs ai only, put us all on one side and have the enemy take sectors, but it doesnt seem like they are voting, any help?

Someone requested my Warlords edits as the link was dead so here they are. Some cool scripts added, can't be bothered to go through them all as I probably posted it in a previous post.

I don't play ArmA3 anymore so don't request anything bla bla blaaa!

http://www.filedropper.com/warlordsmpmissions

Arma-3-D-Steam-Library-steamapps-common-

Hi, guys. Why we have no CAS drones (UAV and UGV)? Only AA SAM, Darters, and some other useless small drones. Maybe it will make more fun, if it will be available? 

On 10/16/2020 at 2:09 PM, AlexRUS said:

Hi, guys. Why we have no CAS drones (UAV and UGV)? Only AA SAM, Darters, and some other useless small drones. Maybe it will make more fun, if it will be available? 

The small drones are far from useless if you play NATO and have an Rhino MGS next to an Ammo truck. We already have enough Drone Trolling going on in Warlords, since the M-SAM Systems are also basically drones. BTW you get no player record or credit for using a drone, except in the Rhino, where the drone only does the target ilumination. That Target Ilumination works for a variety of air-launched weapons too. Of course removing the need for the releasing plattform to come in fire range of the target. Works well also with LGB dropped from 10.000m vs. SAM. In fact, small drones are a real harassment since they are so hard to shoot down.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Beagle said:

The small drones are far from useless if you play NATO and have an Rhino MGS next to an Ammo truck. We already have enough Drone Trolling going on in Warlords, since the M-SAM Systems are also basically drones. BTW you get no player record or credit for using a drone, except in the Rhino, where the drone only does the target ilumination. That Target Ilumination works for a variety of air-launched weapons too. Of course removing the need for the releasing plattform to come in fire range of the target. Works well also with LGB dropped from 10.000m vs. SAM. In fact, small drones a a real harassment since they are so hard to shoot down.

I know about Rhino + Darter, I wrote "some other useless small drones". Anyway, the question is: "why we have no CAS drones"?

9 hours ago, AlexRUS said:

I know about Rhino + Darter, I wrote "some other useless small drones". Anyway, the question is: "why we have no CAS drones"?

Because hiding behind a remote control is not the point in a competetive multi player game. You want to perform kills... show your face. That's the same reason why there is no Artillery.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 11:44 PM, Beagle said:

Because hiding behind a remote control is not the point in a competetive multi player game. You want to perform kills... show your face. That's the same reason why there is no Artillery.

Does it means that BIS have to remove Rhino ATGM and SAM?

Few warlords servers locked again today. This is a bug or hack?

Spoiler

BcIshE6YqzViBMy1LwlpfBJQelxE2ZkDudUAzHvp

10 hours ago, AlexRUS said:

Few warlords servers locked again today. This is a bug or hack?

Reveal hidden contents

BcIshE6YqzViBMy1LwlpfBJQelxE2ZkDudUAzHvp

Official servers are locked usually only for testing or updates. That's nothing new or unusual..