dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Your thread asking if there will be a beta for Tanoa was pretty useless as well. Someone from BI will give us info when they're ready to. At this point anything regarding that issue would be mere speculation and guessing, and we don't need multiple threads of gossip.

Sooner or later we will receive ALL information about ALL aspects by the devs. And eventually we will know everything about Tanoa when it has been released. This somehow makes all discussion and speculation about all upcoming things unnecessary. Note, that this is no complaint about a 'second' post about something having been deleted.

Edited by RogueTrooper

Your thread asking if there will be a beta for Tanoa was pretty useless as well. Someone from BI will give us info when they're ready to. At this point anything regarding that issue would be mere speculation and guessing, and we don't need multiple threads of gossip.

Well BI devs already said in different SITREP that they will release a road map for the Expansion in the next weeks, also soon the Dev Diaries' on Tanoa will be released too.

Sorry guys, a false lead there, this was related to a mobile game concept I'm trying with couple of friends outside Bohemia :-)

"Underpromise, overdeliver." :)

Sooner or later we will receive ALL information about ALL aspects by the devs. And eventually we will know everything about Tanoa when it has been released. This somehow makes all discussion and speculation about all upcoming things unnecessary. Note, that this is no complaint about a 'second' post about something having been deleted.

I would agree, however not true at all. In this case, it's one of those things we can only chat about because of information given to us. Greatness that we will eventually know everything about Tanoa, not time soon though, that's be torture to wait a whole year knowing all the goods... NONE THE LESS, ehem, basically BIS stated they watch the forums, meaning that anything related to Tanoa could be on their watch list. This means they can get valuable info, and possibly even better ideas of things to add to the game just by reading what we ramble on about.

NONE THE LESS, ehem, basically BIS stated they watch the forums, meaning that anything related to Tanoa could be on their watch list. This means they can get valuable info, and possibly even better ideas of things to add to the game just by reading what we ramble on about.

Indeed.

This means they can get valuable info, and possibly even better ideas of things to add to the game just by reading what we ramble on about.

1. Ideas are cheap.
  2. It doesn't seem to me like BIS is lacking ideas, but rather the manpower to actually implement them.

:p :cool:

1. Ideas are cheap.
  2. It doesn't seem to me like BIS is lacking ideas, but rather the manpower to actually implement them.

In fact it's usually the opposite. Companies expend billions of dollars to get good ideas, the production / implementation is usually just 20% of the development time. Btw BI has different studios and dozens of people working on the Arma series development.

For example, creating a web like Google, Facebook or Youtube can take less than a week. Be the first to have the idea is what payed them all the fortune.

1. Ideas are cheap.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/3ddd23e32492cb9042b8175f66628dc8/tumblr_n8od2uUX4H1rejb9lo1_500.gif

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

In fact it's usually the opposite. Companies expend billions of dollars to get good ideas, the production / implementation is usually just 20% of the development time. Btw BI has different studios and dozens of people working on the Arma series development.

For example, creating a web like Google, Facebook or Youtube can take less than a week. Be the first to have the idea is what payed them all the fortune.

And yet, BIS can get them free just by looking here on the forums. In fact, they get paid for it, because we buy their game. It's a win win for them.

Haha I think you guys are reading to much into it, I'm sure it's in stone and well underway.

For example, creating a web like Google, Facebook or Youtube can take less than a week.

now that's just being silly :j:

Edited by Altis

Assuming they do another campaign. Really hope they manage to have the same level of quality as Survive in Arma 3. It dipped down in Adapt with the ridiculous omission of regular civilians in any way, and Win was just too short and an unsatisfying end. Plus we never got to participate in large scale operations, it was always going to the side and doings something else.

Personally I found Adapt to be more entertaining than Survive. Haven't finished Win yet though.

As for Tanoa; I'm hoping we see lots of unique structures. One of my few gripes with Altis is the lack of unique structures beyond a select few (Hospital, Radar, Ghost Hotel.)

Plus we never got to participate in large scale operations, it was always going to the side and doings something else.

Hmmm...

Cant wait to go play with the big boys in the Pacific

---------- Post added at 00:09 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

And yes, I'm going to hold on to what Sargent Conway said at camp Rogain in the beginning. This way I can make fun of BIS down the road if something so significant said in the campaign wasn't worked upon. Not every story has a happy ending, but there shall be no story unfinished.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Best story from bis is Ofp cw campaign james gastovski dave armstrong and geronymously viktor stroska that was atmosphhere oooh nostalgic

Assuming they do another campaign. Really hope they manage to have the same level of quality as Survive in Arma 3. It dipped down in Adapt with the ridiculous omission of regular civilians in any way, and Win was just too short and an unsatisfying end. Plus we never got to participate in large scale operations, it was always going to the side and doings something else.

Define your 'large scale operations'.

A battlefield with you, the sniper on the hill, taking CSATs out one by one, and ~20 FPS because there's lots of activity on the

ground (tanks rolling in, enemy AA defending the main base, infantry of both sides providing suppressing each other, etc.)?

Here's what BIS [definitely] decided --- either make an illusion player is a part of one big-ass scale OP, or suffer the low FPS.

They didn't sacrifice playability and also realism. Because in big battles AI gets really disoriented, especially armor units.

I personally found the A3 campaign really satisfying (to the point that I've re-played it already 4 times). All missions were quite balanced IMHO.

Tho I agree that Win felt a bit short, but it had a few "large scale operations" / conventional warfare having in mind the size of Altis.

Here's what BIS [definitely] decided --- either make an illusion player is a part of one big-ass scale OP, or suffer the low FPS.

They didn't sacrifice playability and also realism. Because in big battles AI gets really disoriented, especially armor units.

I agree too, the Arma 3 Engine doesn't seem to be made to conduct incredibly huge ops with hundred of units, but they can fake the feeling (and IMHO they did really well specially in the first and the third part of the campaign).

As many people know bistudios is creating the new Tanoa map. I'm extremely excited for it and can't wait but I'm curious if they will be replacing the aaf. what I mean by this is that will there be a different independent team? Tanoa will be in the Pacific so there cannot be aaf, they are defense forces for Greek islands. So will there be a new aaf for Tanoa? Or no?

And just to add this in I think Bohemia interactive was planning on tanoa since they started arma 3. Not 2 minutes in the first campaign scenario sergeant Adams asked Lacey if he would rather be on a boat in the pacific.

Something else I'm curious about is vehicles and weaponry. In the E3 trailer they showed a civilian plane and a civilian boat. This could mean more items for more than civilians. Possible new weapons and vehicles for NATO and CSAT forces. There is also a c-192 transall wreck you can place in Zeus, I'm also curios If this will become a transport plane in arma.

As many people know bistudios is creating the new Tanoa map. I'm extremely excited for it and can't wait but I'm curious if they will be replacing the aaf. what I mean by this is that will there be a different independent team? Tanoa will be in the Pacific so there cannot be aaf, they are defense forces for Greek islands. So will there be a new aaf for Tanoa? Or no?

And just to add this in I think Bohemia interactive was planning on tanoa since they started arma 3. Not 2 minutes in the first campaign scenario sergeant Adams asked Lacey if he would rather be on a boat in the pacific.

Something else I'm curious about is vehicles and weaponry. In the E3 trailer they showed a civilian plane and a civilian boat. This could mean more items for more than civilians. Possible new weapons and vehicles for NATO and CSAT forces. There is also a c-192 transall wreck you can place in Zeus, I'm also curios If this will become a transport plane in arma.

The plane wreck was already in A3 AFAIK.

The plane wreck was already in A3 AFAIK.

Yup, that's been in for awhile, they've changed alot of real names of things, even wrecks to avoid legal issues i think.

Tanoa is a whole new country, in a different region of the world. Therefore the AAF won't be there, there's no reason for that. Instead Tanoa is likely to have it's own military might, or even a Defense Force. It's a rich country, and therefore, they can afford it, it was even mentioned in the Dev Diary that Tanoa will have strong military investments, as well as civilian.

They already announced that new vehicles and weapons would be arriving, so new BLUFOR/OPFOR/INDFOR gear is pretty much a given.

Maybe they plan to have people run around on that island like armed drugloards dressed in civilian and/or military clothing?   :)

Maybe they plan to have people run around on that island like armed drugloards dressed in civilian and/or military clothing?   :)

Wouldn't be drugs. It'd be arms dealing. So illegal weapons or something along that line. Maybe a Device was smuggled or something.