dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Hope for Pacific /South East Asia.

By proxy war in Columbia! Who why how - don't care!! Look at the jungles, waterfalls, cliffs, cities -its got it all. Also does it work with Alive?

Edited by froggyluv

I took a screenshot from the countdown page and increased the brightness. It seems like an ingame screenshot which was captured from the sea (or a big lake??? :yay: ).

Unbenannt_zpsp9m2ayrb.png~original

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

I think it was captured from the sea. You can see the flat sea level horizon on the left.

Well, at least it seems we can say the new terrain has a coast line

Edited by Undeceived

I bet on South East Asia. Based on storyline and some hints from developers earlier that this terrain will be different from the earliers. Prepare for small islands, jungle, hills and mosquitoes.

Would be nice if this new terrain would also demonstrate the new MS DX12 support and it's superior draw call and multi threading capabilities. Basically to show people stuff thought to be seemingly impossible in current A3 like extra large cities, mass destruction, dense civilian mass simulation, swamps and streams, dense, burning/cuttable vegetation, mud simulation and stuff like that. Although that's probably more material for next-gen ArmA. :p

Hoping for one of those Alaskan or Japanese islands in the north pacific.

That's great news, can't wait!

Would be nice if this new terrain would also demonstrate the new MS DX12 support and it's superior draw call and multi threading capabilities. Basically to show people stuff thought to be seemingly impossible in current A3 like extra large cities, mass destruction, dense civilian mass simulation, swamps and streams, dense, burning/cuttable vegetation, mud simulation and stuff like that. Although that's probably more material for next-gen ArmA. :p

Maybe in Arma 5. :)

I bet on South East Asia. Based on storyline and some hints from developers earlier that this terrain will be different from the earliers. Prepare for small islands, jungle, hills and mosquitoes.

A Pacific archipelago with 3 to 6 medium islands would be amazing, being able to jump from island to island. As a big island like Altis it's a bit boring and limits the possible gameplay and mission-making.

Can one of our forum detectives analyze the stars to find out if it's the northern or the southern hemisphere? :D

A Pacific archipelago with 3 to 6 medium islands would be amazing, being able to jump from island to island. As a big island like Altis it's a bit boring and limits the possible gameplay and mission-making.

Picture looks like a volcano without vegetation and dense forest around. So I would rule out Africa as volcanos not common on the coastline there.

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Polynesia is a good tip. Picture reminds me this:

http://www.familyholiday.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Floreal-Bora-Bora1.jpg

maybe hawaii? Story: CSAT increasing their offensive towards NATO, and has taken control over the pacific. CSAT has hawaii as their next target. CSAT is launching a huge assault on hawaii to secure the home port of us pacific fleet. NATO suffers from bad economy, and struggle with limited military resources since the altian war, and do not have a chance againts CSAT. NATO soliders are fighting for their lives untill reinforcements arrive from the mainland. When they arrive, they counter attack, and force CSAT to retreat.

Just my tought...😀

Would be very cool

I hope for an asian terrain, but I am sure that they will proceed with their mediterranean topic. Anyway a new terrain will be great.

Do you think they did like ArmA 3 and went to a real terran to recreate it?

Or will it be a full original one (even if inspired from real locations) ?

Do you think they did like ArmA 3 and went to a real terran to recreate it?

Or will it be a full original one (even if inspired from real locations) ?

Check FB if developers posted pictures from exotic locations. :)

It's gonna be Chicago! *fingers crossed*

I hope for an asian terrain, but I am sure that they will proceed with their mediterranean topic. Anyway a new terrain will be great.

Nope, the stars are from the Southern Hemisphere. So no Mediterranean.