dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Well lets put this together shall we? So, southern hemisphere, tall terrain, and water. We know a decent amount of furniture and basic structures that are for said terrain. On the Reddit post, they've even mentioned the French Polynesia... So this

http://d1vmp8zzttzftq.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Beautiful-Travel-To-Rangiroa-French-Polynesia-1600x877.jpg (341 kB)

Is our best bet. However, lets not forget that BIS placed Altis in the middle of the Atlantic... So that being said, even if you find out the exact location, than it could still not be it, if BIS does the same kind of placement thing as they did with Altis.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

So what you're saying is ... they're moving Chicago on to an island in the S. Atlantic?

Maybe a low tech blast from the past vietnam expansion?

Well lets put this together shall we? So, southern hemisphere, tall terrain, and water. We know a decent amount of furniture and basic structures that are for said terrain. On the Reddit post, they've even mentioned the French Polynesia... So this

http://d1vmp8zzttzftq.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Beautiful-Travel-To-Rangiroa-French-Polynesia-1600x877.jpg (341 kB)

Is our best bet. However, lets not forget that BIS placed Altis in the middle of the Atlantic... So that being said, even if you find out the exact location, than it could still not be it, if BIS does the same kind of placement thing as they did with Altis.

Uuh, since when was Altis in the middle of the Atlantic, if you watch the intro to Survive then it looks like it's in the middle of the med rather than next to Greece but it's definitely nowhere near the Atlantic.

If devs have sense of humour they put the whole story on Antartica.

New Zealand might be cool. It has a pretty interesting mix of pretty much ... everything: even snow!

Maybe it's time to guess which one of those many islands in Indonesia it's :D My guess:

American Samoa

Uuh, since when was Altis in the middle of the Atlantic, if you watch the intro to Survive then it looks like it's in the middle of the med rather than next to Greece but it's definitely nowhere near the Atlantic.

I suppose your right, it wasn't exactly where the real life island of Lemnos was, but somewhere else. There were suppsoed to be grids for Altis, and they didn't match up with Lemnos, no idea where to find it though.

On another note, i could only still assume something like Indonesia, Mali Island is a close guess, French Polynesia, or even somewhere like the Nordic States. Knowing how cool that would be, Nordic and Chinese factions, the most logical evidence we have so far still points to Indonesia. Someone even mentioned Chile, so i don't think were going to find out where this place is before the drop.

Hmmm, if this sign is indeed for the upcoming expansion, then it's some Slavic speaking country.

http://blackelement.net/images/popup/structure_10.jpg (163 kB)

Unless of course, the devs make some mutant combining the Pacific ocean and Slavs.

Hmmm, if this sign is indeed for the upcoming expansion, then it's some Slavic speaking country.

Unless of course, the devs make some mutant combining the Pacific ocean and Slavs.

are rusty maybe are for DayZ..........;)

south asia would be awesome, the guys for unsung mod are happy now:D

the dozer is very good seems drivable

http://blackelement.net/images/popup/vehicle_01.jpg (359 kB)

Edited by Zukov

My tip is Bottrop-Kirchhellen because of its international flair at its Bankenvorplatz :p

Does anyone think that the mountain behind "pcgamer" could be an old volcano ?

The flattened top look like it.

Hmmm. I'm fairly certain that's for DayZ. There are only a few things that strike the note of Arma 3. No idea about the Dozer though, that'd be something else... The Furniture is interesting. I wonder if the other ones will end up in houses and such, it's possible. Who knows though. One thing i'm interested in seeing, is if the map itself is as big s Altis or bigger. I'd hope aat least as big as Altis so we don't get bored of it within a few weeks.

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

Does anyone think that the mountain behind "pcgamer" could be an old volcano ?

The flattened top look like it.

I saw that too. After looking at Mali, an Indonesian island i looked at before, it seems believable that Mali is a possible location, as it has a Volcano not too too far from the coast that looks about the same height... based on pure perception that is.

My tip is Bottrop-Kirchhellen because of its international flair at its Bankenvorplatz :p

Yeah, and that mountain is a coal mine. :D Can't wait for Pommesbuden buildings.^^

No seriously, Pacific seems the most likely. I'm still hoping for a snowy terrain though. Even if that means I could basically flush a few months' work of snow re-texturing and weather functions down the toilet.

If devs have sense of humour they put the whole story on Antartica.

I'm with this guy ^^

:drinking:

How could you guys seriously ask for a snow map? That's like desert, but worse. It's basically just a sheet of white that's going to get old fast. In fact, why not hope for something more benefiting, like snow as a weather feature instead? This means that a map can become blanketed if the geography allows for it. TrueSKY can do weather features even up to Blizzards, only thing is that snow isn't going to cover the ground... at least that i know of from seeing their tech.

When looking at the horizont outline on that picture, at the far left. Is it just wishfull thinking or do I see a outline of a larger naval ship?

My money goes for a Thai island. Black Element (BI) looked for artists from there. The kind of orography fits. And some of the Black element models, like the boats fit too.

Just like when BIS hired a bunch of Greek artists to make Altis? :rolleyes: They were hiring artists to work in their Thailand office. BIS didn't open a studio in Lemnos, did they?

How could you guys seriously ask for a snow map? That's like desert, but worse.

:blahblah2:

220px-AntarcticaDomeCSnow.jpg

But... But! Isn't it beautiful?

:pet5: :icon5:

In fact, why not hope for something more benefiting, like snow as a weather feature instead?

Totally. In fact, I actually hope for some new terrain/engine-trick with that new terrain anyways (...in the spirit of free-engine improvements for all). Be it for fixed ponds, underground structures, streams/rivers, snow? Sure why not! Whatever. Just something. Anything, really.

Terrain (features!) are right at the top of most important things in my book, somewhere right after AI. Now, with AI we at least see that something is going, even if maybe a bit slow. But with respect to terrain the game didn't improve at all, quite the contrary actually. Once upon a time, there were convoys driving across bridges we could blow up. Once upon a time there were ponds/lakes and rivers - even if problematic, to say the least. But what kind of terrain features with a strategic impact are left now? Not too much, I'm afraid. Big rocks, and that's it pretty much (btw. I'd like to see some real alpine terrain at one point).

Well... we did get nice fog/clouds and weather stuff, so there's that.

Can't have it all, I guess. :(

How could you guys seriously ask for a snow map? That's like desert, but worse. It's basically just a sheet of white that's going to get old fast. In fact, why not hope for something more benefiting, like snow as a weather feature instead? This means that a map can become blanketed if the geography allows for it. TrueSKY can do weather features even up to Blizzards, only thing is that snow isn't going to cover the ground... at least that i know of from seeing their tech.

A snow map doesn't necessarily mean a flat, white emptiness. It could be mixed with mountains, woodland parts and sea side. The weather engine could be extended with more weather conditions which could also affect gameplay. Plus a temperature component would actually make sense (fuel freezing in temperatures below -x° etc.). But it would be even more awesome to have a map with four (or at least two) seasons, dynamically changing depending on the set date. Anyway, just wishful thinking.

A snow map doesn't necessarily mean a flat, white emptiness. It could be mixed with mountains, woodland parts and sea side. The weather engine could be extended with more weather conditions which could also affect gameplay. Plus a temperature component would actually make sense (fuel freezing in temperatures below -x° etc.). But it would be even more awesome to have a map with four (or at least two) seasons, dynamically changing depending on the set date. Anyway, just wishful thinking.

Pretty much exactly what i meant by Weather system upgrades. I like the idea that if say, it's a certain date, and certain time of day/temperature, than that is automatically transferred into the weather system that calculates weather it snows or rains, depending on say a new precipitation meter or something to replace rain. So if said meter is 70%, it should be raining. At a certain temperature, the same meter at 70%, it should be snowing. At full, it's either pouring rain, or a blizzard/heavy snow depending on the wind.

Fingers crossed it's not some asian/african jungle terrain.

Yeah, because who would want something totally original and different. What we need is another European or ME map.