Hey zeealex,

would love to hear news from these masculine heads :-)

Your work is awesome!

regards,

fanboy

OP, these faces look awesome!

My opinion on the beard, as shown in some pages earlier: It still looks a little bit like... glued or pasted, IMHO. :)

But all in all this project is very impressive.

sorry about the delays guys, experiencing an rvmat error that doesn't want to shift as easily as i thought

@undecieved, thanks I 100% agree, I'm working on making it much more natural looking :)

new texture preivews inbound! :D

My opinion on the beard, as shown in some pages earlier: It still looks a little bit like... glued or pasted, IMHO. :)

I think it would help if the underlying headtexture also has beard, that way a transition zone between no beard, a little bit beard (texture), and full beard (model) could be achieved.

sorry about the delays guys, experiencing an rvmat error that doesn't want to shift as easily as i thought

@undecieved, thanks I 100% agree, I'm working on making it much more natural looking :)

new texture preivews inbound! :D

Can't wait :)

From looking the beards you posted earlier my guess is that the sharp transition between the "naked" cheek and the beard is what makes it look unnatural. Since I'm not sure I expressed my self well enough, here's a graphic preview of my idea.

Of course I did this in a hurry and its blurry as hell, but you get the idea, I hope :)

rfehlwzf_zpszi2dqjlx.jpg~original

edit:damn Fennek got to it first :D

I completely agree with both of you :)

I tried the suggestion AND redid the beard, the original was parts of miller's hair+alpha which made it look really flat

beard_v2_by_zeealex-d8vqfdn.jpg

excuse the texture errors on the head, it's an old UVW

hopefully this version is slightly more beard-y

in the meantime, i swapped out my bis binarize to the old working version and I've been able to get the beard alphas working, i've still got to cop this material issue though.

• Like 2

Could you recommend to me a terrific tutorial on making masks and helmets? In a few weeks, I'll finally have some real time to do some modding, and I have a handful of sketches for masks that I think would look great in the game. I've spent some time looking for an easy to understand tutorial, but haven't found any. If you know of one, would you be so kind as to post a link to it in a reply to this post?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147988-Helmet-Addons&p=2318293&viewfull=1#post2318293

the first post of that thread has also more resources for character related modding.

Any plans for black heads, the default BIS ones are not so great in some aspects. The lips and noses poke through certain face gear for example. :eek: . Either way the heads you've showcased look awesome.

yeah, black and asiatic will be getting other heads too, I dont particularly like the current asian models

I'm back into editing and immediately remembered this project. Zeealex, are you still working on the faces? Please don't tell me that you stopped. :)

Or is there a release already and I didn't see it?

is there a way in arma to make different bodys to like a short fat one or somthing like that so there not all look the same ?

is there a way in arma to make different bodys to like a short fat one or somthing like that so there not all look the same ?

nope

To expand a little on PuFu's highly detailed reply, no there is not. This is due to ArmA's animations and that a change in a character's proportions (particularly height) would require a new animation for every single movement, as well as transitions between movements etc. So actually, I suppose it might be possible if you have your own MOCAP studio and a few thousand hours available to do the necessary work  ^_^

To expand a little on PuFu's highly detailed reply, no there is not. This is due to ArmA's animations and that a change in a character's proportions (particularly height) would require a new animation for every single movement, as well as transitions between movements etc. So actually, I suppose it might be possible if you have your own MOCAP studio and a few thousand hours available to do the necessary work  ^_^

it is not possible within the current limitations. If the anim system would be in direct relation with the bones, and not with the local world coordinates it would be more than possible. And yes, RV can do that because well, the military cousin can do it....;)

59 minutes ago, Marcelo Aguilera said:

hola buen trabajo como se descargar

todos necesitan usar inglés en este sitio web. y no debes preguntar sobre la descarga del mod. estas son las reglas, lo siento. pero tu puedes encontrar los cabezos de los hombres aquí.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2015 at 4:02 PM, ice_age0815 said:

Yes. Technically there's a way for a modder to do that.

But for the reasons mentioned above , it's hard to find people who actually want to invest time in the workload. Each new "form" would require a full set of animations specific to them. It could be done via Blender and some suitable scripting. But that's outside my area of knowledge.

(EDIT:

Of course, if you don't change the skeletal proportions, you can just edit the model. No need to touch animations unless it's really necessary.)

There is one other possible problem. Too many units using custom animations may actually cause intermittent crashing. That's not something I've tested extensively, and not in A3. But I'm pretty sure it's animation related from personal experience.

Some games do offer something similar to morph targets for character customisation. But for now, the Arma series is bound to using keyframed animations exclusively.

Now back to the manly facial hair.... :thumb:

Actually, the author of this very mod has been working with HorribleGoat on making that possible. There's a script involved that can handle different body types, the current focus is female bodies, but fat and skinny males (and females) would probably be possible to make with it, as well.

13 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Actually, the author of this very mod has been working with HorribleGoat on making that possible. There's a script involved that can handle different body types, the current focus is female bodies, but fat and skinny males (and females) would probably be possible to make with it, as well.

Yep she has (Zeealex), and its looking quite impressive so far.