A massive thank you to all those involved, and an extra special thanks for Neo and Scruffy.  Always look forward to these updates and extended pleasure of playing them.

We loaded the mission files to our server last Tuesday and initially had a lot of issues getting away from the prison.  Getting used to having crew manned on the Helicopter at the start took a little a bit of adjustment and planning.  Though the maps we tried first were difficult.  

You can definitely see a better response in performance on a server,  FPS was clean and minimal drop out at night in large towns.  The flags at the objectives was good.  The AI vehicles - especially Armoured - Seem to track your last know location and not always knowing where you seem to be.  Though I had noticed some of the Enemy was able to shot you at random spots within buildings, though ARMA has always shown issues here.   The update also meant we seen the full effects of the latest CUP updates, Nice weapons and new vehicles.

We tried Winter Cherno, Malden, Everon and a few others and didnt have much luck.  We ended up on UTES and had one of the best games in a while.  I can confirm, the EVAC helicopters had no issues landing on the beach and we finished off with another successful mission.

Tonight we have another session.  I've been playing these missions for 5 years now and have over 3500 pictures of these missions.  

Thanks again, I still owe you a coffee 🙂

2 hours ago, Snipertac said:

I've been playing these missions for 5 years now and have over 3500 pictures of these missions.  

Always nice to read that someone had this much fun with my mission.

If you have some good images, maybe you could send me a selection if screenshot you think are capturing the "escape spirit", so I can finally add some more screenshots to the steam workshop. That would be awesome.

Total beginners question, and probably more to do with Arma itself than with the Escape mission, but... What are good ways of escaping detection by the helicopter? We played a game today and when the chopper appeared in the distance we went prone under a tree, but this didn’t seem to work at all.

1 hour ago, thirith said:

What are good ways of escaping detection by the helicopter?

Shoot it down if you can, then move out of the area. Trick is to keep moving, as the heli will come back and forth, the worst part of it

is if you sit around in an are to long hiding, they might call artillery on you, or mortars, even if you dont kill the heli you can drive them away for a bit,

in the meantime get out of there.

Any patrols you run into, at least infantry, kill them and take their gear, ammo, and weapons if your lacking, well thats a given but

it comes down to survival, plus any killed infantry may have a map which is what you want, it will give you an idea of were enemy ammo depots are

and radio towers to call for extract.

• Thanks 3

Does anyone know how Neo adds civilians into his mission? I'm trying to make my own mission with civilians, although I've searched google to no avail.

Thanks for keeping the mission updated Neo! This is the only mission I play religiously with my friends since 2015.