Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, PatPgtips said:

find another comms hack it for a new lz 

 

That is correct. Make sure the the LZ is clear before calling in the evac. Check for armed road blocks and other enemy bases near the evac. Some mods have a strong AA focus and makes this especially important.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the evac icon on the map change if the chopper can't make it?  We noticed yesterday that after throwing smoke it changed to a red circle-X... wondering if we missed the target area when throwing smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had two helicopters crash at a LZ once.  For some reason, they decided to try land on trees.  The LZ showed up as a cross after that,  We moved onto another Comms bases and called another Heli.  By the time we got to that one and escaped we had been on the same missions for just over 5 hours. Between the pair of us, over 200 kills and heaps of Vehicles taken out.

 

The same happened to us last week. As suggested, we missed a few spots we should have cleared and our Heli's were hit, one flew into a building and other other crashed. We moved to another Comms and called another LZ and made it,  that one was just under 3 hours.

There has been a lot of times, where Heli's at a LZ can be damaged, it's why its important one of you is an Engineer, so you can repair it, the pilots will jump back in again if its repaired and most times you will escape.

Nearly every time, Arch Angel will crash.  As it tries to give air support it also attracts Stinger or HMG fire.  

We always try and carry a Stinger, as most times a Gunship will be called on you, after you activate an LZ.  One of us is an Engineer and the other a Medic, as they seem the only classes that differ and have extra abilities. The other player will always carry a Rocket launcher, either a M136, MAAWS or NLAW
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2021 at 8:10 AM, Snipertac said:

We had two helicopters crash at a LZ once.  For some reason, they decided to try land on trees.  The LZ showed up as a cross after that,  We moved onto another Comms bases and called another Heli.  By the time we got to that one and escaped we had been on the same missions for just over 5 hours. Between the pair of us, over 200 kills and heaps of Vehicles taken out.

 

The same happened to us last week. As suggested, we missed a few spots we should have cleared and our Heli's were hit, one flew into a building and other other crashed. We moved to another Comms and called another LZ and made it,  that one was just under 3 hours.
 

 

In my optinion these are the best Escape sessions 😁

 

 

On 7/19/2021 at 11:47 PM, hcpookie said:

Does the evac icon on the map change if the chopper can't make it?  We noticed yesterday that after throwing smoke it changed to a red circle-X... wondering if we missed the target area when throwing smoke.

 

Yes, the extraction marker turns into a red cross of the helis are destroyed and/or abort the evac.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree Neo.  Adds to the challenge.  Though, sometimes you need to make sure you allow enough time to go to Bed as well 🙂

With regards to CUP Terrains, are the following supported for Escape?  I don't see selectable missions files in the game lobby.  Below are just some examples

 

Missions we can't play or see:

Rahmadi

Desert

Shapur

Proving Grounds

Takistan Mountains

 

Missions we can play from CUP Terrains:

 

United Sahrani

Porto

Utes

Chernarus

Chernarus Summer

Takistan

Zargabad

 

We can play other ported missions and terrains, especially those by Icebreaker and Scruffy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to ask if the settings for the AI spawn are set by the server or locked in the mission files?

 

We have been playing on Outkast's escape server. With a handful of players starting out 2-5, we notice the AI seems to POP out in front of us ~ 100-200 m out. Sometimes, it feels like they literally spawn on top of us less than 50 m away. We know this because we were facing a direction it appeared in front of us. I didn't know the AI had Star Trek type teleportation! Should have VAC and BE banned those AI hackers!!!

 

I have been playing with the DayZ SA AI modded servers as well and they have set the AI to spawn OUTSIDE of the player's or the group radius so it appears the players or AI have naturally approached onto each other.

 

Can you guys check this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Valken said:

I wanted to ask if the settings for the AI spawn are set by the server or locked in the mission files?

 

We have been playing on Outkast's escape server. With a handful of players starting out 2-5, we notice the AI seems to POP out in front of us ~ 100-200 m out. Sometimes, it feels like they literally spawn on top of us less than 50 m away. We know this because we were facing a direction it appeared in front of us. I didn't know the AI had Star Trek type teleportation! Should have VAC and BE banned those AI hackers!!!

 

I have been playing with the DayZ SA AI modded servers as well and they have set the AI to spawn OUTSIDE of the player's or the group radius so it appears the players or AI have naturally approached onto each other.

 

Can you guys check this? 

if your finding this as the mission starts this will happen it takes a few minutes on the mission to load properly

 

Enemy Spawn Distance : 1200 Far (for good rigs)

 

all servers and missions are set to the same settings and  i havent seen this happen except on server start untill the mission properly loads

 

you might see ai spawn on takistan as the terrain has a lot of open areas that cover long distances 

 

if you have video of this happening later ingame please let me see the video 

 

thanks for the info though

 

sorry i forgot to say we have a suicide bomber script that either grabs a local civilian ai or will spawn a new ai civilian it is possible to see them spawn in nearby but this script isnt an escape from mission script its a seperate script and there is a possibility it will spawn the suicide bomber nearby 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valken said:

We have been playing on Outkast's escape server. With a handful of players starting out 2-5, we notice the AI seems to POP out in front of us ~ 100-200 m out. Sometimes, it feels like they literally spawn on top of us less than 50 m away. We know this because we were facing a direction it appeared in front of us. I didn't know the AI had Star Trek type teleportation! Should have VAC and BE banned those AI hackers!!!

 

 

Even with the settings set to nearest spawn distance one should not see AI spawning except when in very open terrain. Most scripts/missions I know spawn AI in a ~500+ radius which is normally more than enough, even with viewdistance larger than that. Escape uses normally much larger values with spawning of city patrols much further away from the player than ambient patrols.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ Patpgtips @ Neoarmageddon

 

I will try to record a video clip next time this happens. 

 

It happened on Chernarus cities and forest. Both Normal and Winter versions. 

 

After the first firefight with a group, as we are leaving, we get mobbed by a squad  or squads around us. 

 

We know it is not another AI squad running towards us because we can see or hear them as we scout out our perimeter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we have vcom_ai mod and enemies that are close by will be alerted and will move towards you 

 

vcom_ai does change the way the mission works in a big way 

 

the ai hearing distance is set to 200 metres after some testing if i make it any higher than that then the ai will come from everywere 

 

also the ai are way smarter and will split into groups to flank you 

 

but you still should not see them spawning after the initial server start as i said in the previous message 

 

i think its other squads pushing you from outside 200 metres as vcom_ai is designed to do 

 

you just have to keep moving as a group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

We havent been able to get Mag Repack working for a long time.  I think since using the Beta mission files.  Is this a change in the Config and can I use CBA Config settings to override this setting if it is?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, Snipertac said:

Hi,

We havent been able to get Mag Repack working for a long time.  I think since using the Beta mission files.  Is this a change in the Config and can I use CBA Config settings to override this setting if it is?

 

 

 

We (dragged my DayZ and Ravage mates over) were playing on Outkasts and their mission files are 1.10.xx. Mag Repack fully working. I was repacking all those 10 or less filled magazines while were scouting for the comms station.

 

Note the server was setup with CUP core, terrains, units, weapons and gear. 

 

On Salty Dog's and Aussie Battler's Escape server, it was working on all the custom terrains they use as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2021 at 6:10 PM, Valken said:

 

 

We (dragged my DayZ and Ravage mates over) were playing on Outkasts and their mission files are 1.10.xx. Mag Repack fully working. I was repacking all those 10 or less filled magazines while were scouting for the comms station.

 

Note the server was setup with CUP core, terrains, units, weapons and gear. 

 

On Salty Dog's and Aussie Battler's Escape server, it was working on all the custom terrains they use as well.

 

I've got a feeling its a key binding issue with CBA.   We use CUP, plus terrains etc.  If I load a separate Mag repack mod, then all my other key bindings stop working, but the repack works.   I'm also unsure of what command menu is used for the Mag repack, as I've always used the default L/CTRL +R.

I might have to unload the mods in launcher and then test with each one to see if there is a conflict.  As its one of the most important features with Escaping on some maps.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

 

I'm trying to play Escape Livonia Contact (1.10) but am getting this error?

 

mpmissions\_cur_mp.enoch\mission.sqm\mission\entities\item46\entities\item3.type: vehicle class o_t_patrol_soldier_a_f no longer exists

All 1.10 mission files reside on my dedicated server.

Other Escape map configurations are working fine. For example Escape Livonia BIS works fine.

Anyone having any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your server seems to be loaded without Contact content, just with the terrain. Just guessing that o_t_patrol_soldier_a_f is a class exlusive to contact DLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Your server seems to be loaded without Contact content, just with the terrain. Just guessing that o_t_patrol_soldier_a_f is a class exlusive to contact DLC.

 

Ok, so I need to buy the contact dlc for both my client, and server stream account? That wasn't needed with Apex.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vredg said:

 

Ok, so I need to buy the contact dlc for both my client, and server stream account? That wasn't needed with Apex.
 

 

Normally not, but there are two packages:

Contact Platform (free an probably already installed on your server) and Contact DLC (Enoch, Premium). Make sure both uploaded on your server and are loaded when starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

 

Normally not, but there are two packages:

Contact Platform (free an probably already installed on your server) and Contact DLC (Enoch, Premium). Make sure both uploaded on your server and are loaded when starting.

Thanks! I solved this by doing the following if someone else is wondering:

 

The server had the enoch directory already, but I copied the contact directory from my client to the server, and also the a3c.bikey file from the client to the server's keys dir (I think this is the corresponding key file anyway). Added "contact" to the mod parameter for the startscript. Then I let the EscapeDevPacker application, that I got from the Escape channel on Discord, compile the newest development build of the mpmissions files. There is a bug when running with the contact resources (weapons, etc) that is in the 1.10 version that needs fixing.

 

EDIT:
Actually it seems to work even if I DON'T load the "contact" directory on the server. But the Escape mpmissions files bug fix was definitively needed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys ,i have been making some faction edits to Neo's escape missions recently , ( thank you Neo ) it's a long but rewarding process and would like others to enjoy the fruits of my current labours ..so i bring you ..a WIP ...ESCAPE AFGHANISTAN 2021 

 

Required Mods

 

All RHS mods

 

3CB FACTIONS https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1673456286

 

TALIBAN 2021 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2585568796

 

Maps Needed

 

Uzbin Valley https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1882424760

 

Sangin Province https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2258347913

 

Kunduz https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1623903743

 

 Markers etc have not been customized , i've yet to delve into that side of things. In this case,  template maps of the similar size have been used to port the mission over to the 3 maps above ( i.e you need Fallujah for Uzbin and Thirsk for Sangin & Kunduz ) ) You will need to run these maps alongside in order for the mission to work. ( all the objectives are spread out evenly )

The versions of those template maps i used can be found here:

 

Fallujah https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633789490

Thirsk: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1570771189

 

MISSION PBO FILES:

 

Uzbin https://www.dropbox.com/s/znm8csk1bm2zyrv/co10_Escape_RHS_US_vs_RU.uzbin.pbo?dl=0

 

Sangin https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cns061pti6ohf2/co10_Escape_RHS_US_vs_RU.Sangin_Distirict_Helmand_Province.pbo?dl=0

 

Kunduz https://www.dropbox.com/s/3r8rwllj21c5is1/co10_Escape_RHS_US_vs_RU.Kunduz.pbo?dl=0

 

 

OPFOR = TALIBAN 2021

 

INDFOR = 3CB Tribal Fighters 

 

CIV = 3CB TAKISTAN Civies 

 

Suggest Wartorn mode for immersion 

 

Suggest VanDeansons Apocalypse mod for dynamic loot and feral dogs 

 

and RHS JSRS for brown trousers 

 

Known Bugs : On Kunduz the search chopper does not come to look for you , instead hovers in one place.

 

Personal Testing has worked pretty well so far ...i would like others to play these new edits with and offer suggestions for future edits , all my old arma buddies rarely play now so ive been mainly doing solo with the aid of UGV Stompers lol 

 

Please do add me on steam if interested https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008413073/

 

Hope you enjoy it as much as i did guys , i will be back with more faction edits 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@determity@googlemail.com you should try fully porting the missions & not just use similar sized maps.

When you go to escape the extraction points might be in places that wont work. Players will get frustrated if the helicopters can't land.

Just open escape Thirsk's mission file in the editor, select all (ctrl + a) & copy (ctrl + c). Now open up Kunduz & paste (ctrl + v). Zoom in on the extraction points to check if they are in good positions. Adjust the road and position markers. Save the Kunduz mission file 🙂

To port the comm centers, village markers & patrol boats use this: https://github.com/NeoArmageddon/co10_Escape/tree/master/Editing_and_Porting

Rename the mission file to your map. Open up the mission file & set your markers. Place the export in the island folder. Play as the unit & use the radio to export. All the instructions are already on the mission map made by @NeoArmageddon & @scruffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×