solzenicyn

Recoil Overhaul Feedback

Would it be hard to add proper recoil, devs should go out and shoot actual weapons and translate the feeling in game with proper animations and randomness effects, best recoil effect, how luiqid and natural it feels would be best seen in Insurgency and Red Orchestra 2 IMO. The recoil going back should happen as well. It should also be sharp and have enough force depending on caliber, considering this is a military simulation, these things should have been done from the start, as its absolutely paramount to have RL shooting mechanics in a game like this. Feels like a robot is shooting the weapon and not a human. It's better than it was at least.

Yup , it is better but still far from natural feeling

and this issue isn't helping it neither

so close together, no hearing protection, no eye protection? looks a little more like a photo opportunity than time on the range. are those bis devs? i know they went to the range, if so i hope they do so very often and maybe take hearing protection. seriosuly, no need for tinnitius.

That picture is probably before or after shooting. No magazines to see anywhere on the picture. Rifles are not loaded. I'm sure they use hearing protection when they go out and shoot. They are not stupid :)

so close together, no hearing protection, no eye protection? looks a little more like a photo opportunity than time on the range. are those bis devs? i know they went to the range, if so i hope they do so very often and maybe take hearing protection. seriosuly, no need for tinnitius.

Cameraman standing in front of the gun? :) The background is clearly a shooting range.

That picture is probably before or after shooting. No magazines to see anywhere on the picture. Rifles are not loaded. I'm sure they use hearing protection when they go out and shoot. They are not stupid :)

lol, true that. hope so cause arma3 audio needs devs that can hear.

RobertHammer: Pistols especially are a bit wierd. In reality, most of that recoil is absorbed at the wrists of the shooter. I guess BI wanted to make sure people get visual feedback so that it's easy too see who is firing their weapon. Looks really unnatural though!

Recoil related body animations aren't translated over the network, i.e. Player 1 fires their weapon but all player 2 sees is the weapon fire, no bodily reaction to the recoil. Has been like that since OFP as far as I can recall. Hopefully this new recoil implementation will translate properly in MP.

It seems that there is no recoil whatsoever while firing underbarrel grenade launchers...I hope something is done about this

I think some of the recoil anims are a bit too smooth, and the launchers could do with more camera shake/movement. Love it though!

I think some of the recoil anims are a bit too smooth, and the launchers could do with more camera shake/movement. Love it though!

I agree with that. They need more impact - be quicker.

I love how the recoil currently is. Over stable branch, the recoil in DEV branch can really be felt, given that the recoil is now synced with the head, and not just the Turso, giving a visual representation that your firing a gun. I really like this change, and it feels amazing. It actually feels like we're firing weapons now.

I got to say that I really appreciate the new recoil system. Subjectively to me it feels more like firing a gun than pretty much every iteration before it and any mod that I've used in ArmA. Massive props BIS!

The semi-auto recoil issue with spine will be fixed? this also makes the pistols recoil look ridiculously bad

with recoil the torso shouldn't move at all , only arms and hands

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

also all Grenade Launchers have no recoil - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22796

Edited by RobertHammer

I will echo RobertHammer that the recoil animation in 3rd person is not the best ;)

Edited by Machineabuse

The semi-auto recoil issue with spine will be fixed? this also makes the pistols recoil look ridiculously bad

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

also all Grenade Launchers have no recoil - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22796

Hey RH, i am curious will you update your pistol pack with new animations once the dev recoil sets in the normal version of the game. I tested your pack, and ONLY glock 17/18/19 has recoil (pretty nice looking one at that, not sure about 3rd person). Also, full slide animation would maybe make it look even better, i tested pistols from your mod and default ones, in slow motion the slide seems to go back immediately atm.

Recoil animation needs to be SNAPPIER when the shot happens and faster overall.

From POV of the shooter - a really, really fast twitch BACK, and then a slower movement forward.

Project Reality, an amazing mod.

Yes, this might mean that some players with sub 30 FPS will miss some animation frames, but it does not matter because our brain is really good with filling gaps. :)

• Like 1

I'm inclined to say PR is a bit over the top. In reality, your brain takes out a lot of the movement associated with recoil. As a matter of fact that's also why I play without head bob as when you run in reality you don't perceive it; you just lose your peripheral vision.

I'm inclined to say PR is a bit over the top. In reality, your brain takes out a lot of the movement associated with recoil. As a matter of fact that's also why I play without head bob as when you run in reality you don't perceive it; you just lose your peripheral vision.

I'm not saying the amount of recoil needs to be increased,I am talking about the SPEED of the animation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I like the Project reality approach really good aesthetically and probably good for gameplay too.

The new AT launcher recoil looks pretty ugly. The complete upper body rotates too much, if you consider that the AT weapons don't have that much recoil, but create a backblast instead.

I got to say that I really appreciate the new recoil system. Subjectively to me it feels more like firing a gun than pretty much every iteration before it and any mod that I've used in ArmA. Massive props BIS!

I absolutely agree, it feels really good!

I don't know if you have heard of insurgency, that is a very "realistic"/authentic shooter, which has a very enjoyable gun game....

and the current dev-branch version(including weapon resting and stuff) feels much more like it than any previous iteration.

BI - I think you are on a good way and I salute you for it :)

IMO Vermin SMG is it based on the real Kriss, the muzzle climb should be much lower than the actual model, dont like to demonstrate through the YT:

I absolutely agree, it feels really good!

I don't know if you have heard of insurgency, that is a very "realistic"/authentic shooter, which has a very enjoyable gun game....

and the current dev-branch version(including weapon resting and stuff) feels much more like it than any previous iteration.

BI - I think you are on a good way and I salute you for it :)

yes, i agree the whole shooting feel is greatly improved. nice one BIS.

Issue with torso it still valid

+ all Grenade Launchers have no recoil - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22796

I hope this will be fixed before official release of the DLC

IMO Vermin SMG is it based on the real Kriss, the muzzle climb should be much lower than the actual model, dont like to demonstrate through the YT:

Hah, for 2035, i wouldn't mind having some special purpose Incendiary .45 ACP. XP

No seriously, BIS, we need a replacement for the AA-12.