How can I get the Coyote to spawn without anyone inside it? I've tried every option in the editor and some unit always spawns inside it.

What's odd is if I write the classname down in a module (Spyder's Addons has a vehicle spawner module, for instance) the Coyote spawns empty and is exactly how I want it. But if I manually place it down, with any assortment of options, non-team AI are always inside it. One in the guner's seat, and one driving and one passenger.

What am I missing? How can I place the vehicle down in the editor with no one inside it? I have 7 man team and need all the spots for us to use.

After you place a unit,just go to "empty" faction and place one from there.you must have at least one unit placed before you can put an empty vehicle down

• Like 2

As ineptaphid says, if you are in the Editor, place down your playable unit first, then you can access the 'Empty' faction. From there you can place down any empty vehicle, including the Coyote.

• Like 1

In regards to the Apache and the Wildcat, are you aware that what seems to be the PhysX model (I presume) makes the aircraft unusable on, in my example, the ATLAS LHD or otherwise sea based objects? The wildcat is somewhat resolvable by just using an Arma 3 Wildcat and setting the object texture to yours, but there will be some difficulties doing that with the Comache  ;).

Is this a known issue, and would it be possible to have this addressed with alternating versions which will therefore give the capability to make use of Carrier operations?

Thanks in advance.

In regards to the Apache and the Wildcat, are you aware that what seems to be the PhysX model (I presume) makes the aircraft unusable on, in my example, the ATLAS LHD or otherwise sea based objects? The wildcat is somewhat resolvable by just using an Arma 3 Wildcat and setting the object texture to yours, but there will be some difficulties doing that with the Comache  ;).

Is this a known issue, and would it be possible to have this addressed with alternating versions which will therefore give the capability to make use of Carrier operations?

Thanks in advance.

I've noticed this aswel

When you place one of the Wildcats (And I would assume the Merlin though I havn't tested it) it seems to jiggle 

I don't think it has any negative effects other than looking silly, although on MP that may be different.

On an unrelated note I love the vehicles! Made a couple of missions using them :)

@TheLimbo365 and @Mangoshead: Could you do a quick test? Try placing down the Commanche \ Orca \ Kajman on the LHD or any of the other lighter helicopters with wheels (not skids). See if you get the same issue. We noticed the 'bounce' during our MP testing when placing the helos on the ground and / or having a pilot in them. Our helicopters largely inherit from the vanilla light helos in terms of PhysX and the BIS helos also did it.

Just gave it a try with the three that you've suggested on a Dedicated Server and there were no issues. The problems with both of your aircraft did however still remain.

Looks great 

Come and model some cool British stuffs for us !

Come and model some cool British stuffs for us !

What other units are you looking to create going forward?

Most of the britsh units out there are looking for britsh mods to role out but there is so few people making them such as 3CB, RKSLRock, Burnes, cleggy, but then you look at the Us themed units and well most moders make stuff for US themed units.

Ultimately we're looking to build as much of the BAF equipment and units as time permits.  Having said that, we put quality over quantity and that costs in terms of time.

If you're referring to "units", then we'll be expanding these, to coincide with the release of the pre-2010 equipment, that Evrik has mentioned on the equipment forum.  Plus vehicle units.

• Like 1

Are there any plans to make the pilots on the aircraft BAF units? For me at least it seems they're all vanilla American pilots.

@DrFatalChunk: The only way we can do that is to make the 3cb Baf Unit, Equipment and Weapon packs a dependency for the Vehicle pack. At the moment they are separate as we slowly work through everything we are aiming to release. Once we have everything to at least version 1, we could look at combining them into an overall pack. The other consideration is that not every Arma clan wants to use all of our packs. They may just want to use the uniforms, or just the weapons, or just the vehicles etc... so the decision to merge them all would probably warrant some thought before we do it. Until then, we have to leave the vanilla units as the default crew.

• Like 2

Using your Jackal (and equipment) in a BAF campaign and I'm getting a config.bin/CfgWeapons.UK3CB_BAF_L85A2 error popping.

We're using:

• uk3cb_baf_vehicles_coyote_jackal.pbo
  • UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Legacy.pbo
  • uk3cb_baf_vehicles_weapons.pbo

and..

• UK3CB_BAF_Equipment.pbo

I didn't think there were any dependencies, any idea why this error presents itself?

It does appear to be wanting the Weapon Pack, but there shouldn't be a dependency. It is normally the 3CB Units pack that require the Weapons and Equipment packs and you haven't said that you are using it. We may have overlooked the cargo section on the vehicle or the contents of a crate I suppose. We'll have to check. In the short term, adding the Weapon pack should resolve it.

Using your Jackal (and equipment) in a BAF campaign and I'm getting a config.bin/CfgWeapons.UK3CB_BAF_L85A2 error popping.

We're using:

• uk3cb_baf_vehicles_coyote_jackal.pbo
  • UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Legacy.pbo
  • uk3cb_baf_vehicles_weapons.pbo

and..

• UK3CB_BAF_Equipment.pbo

I didn't think there were any dependencies, any idea why this error presents itself?

There is a dependancy: @cba_a3

Regardless of that, I'm replicating your set-up but not getting the L85 error. None of the configs call for that class name either, from a quick check.

My guess would be that you're running @3cb_baf_units as well, which would then require @3cb_baf_weapons.

If not, can you give exact reproduction steps to demonstrate the error so we can investigate further for you please?

Apollo

Apologies if this has been brought up before - it's still early, and I haven't had my morning coffee yet!

We use the 3CB AH.1 on our public server, and we've seen that - in conjunction with ACE - that the Apache has no way of ranging the gun. In addition to this, we've also seen that the gunner cannot see the tracers or the splashes from the gun. If the pilot gets in the front seat, he can see both without issue. 

Again, apologies if I've missed something - just wanted to let you guys know in case you didn't already!

We've not experienced that issue before.  Perhaps its as consequence of the latest ACE update.  

We'll run some tests and get back to you.

Meanwhile, if anyone else experiences something similar, then please let us know.

Perhaps its as consequence of the latest ACE update.  

This was my first thought - we've not used the Apache much/at all before last week, as we've just been building our playerbase. It saw some heavy use on Saturday night, but I had two gunners complaining of this issue. Confirmed in offline tests with the same modsets/without ACE.

that sounds a lot like a manual fire issue

in A2 when you as pilot select manual fire, your other turret gunner would lose any control over his bullets.  he would be firing them but they wouldnt hit anything.

this may also be a commander value set in the turret / driver seat maybe

My group is having an issue with not being able to use the built-in rangefinders on the Apache and also the Wildcats.

This started after ACE updated so guessing something is not playing right between the two mods.