Jurassic Arma - Raptor Pack

Hey guys!

So its time for the first release! You can download the beasts here:

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/ec2EDrOCkM#.VE7pGBZvoZ0

ENJOY AND EAT SOME TASTY SOLDIERS!!!

qObfmrZPzxpHX7hWBtRUK3PW9QWYOQgnuGRwpIi7EBq64Xg1cf  .jpg

README

main features

this addon adds a fully functional velociraptor to arma 3. it can be controlled by both the player and a custom made AI routine.

there is a male and a female version of the raptor and several texture variants for each of them.

attacks

the raptors have two types of attacks.

the standard claw/bite attack: this will do a certain amount of damage on each strike.

and the jump attack: this will, if aimed successfully, make the raptor pin down its victim and maul him to death unless the raptor gets killed in the process.

jumping

in addition to that the raptors are able to jump. the jump will take into account how fast you are moving when it's triggered and the direction you are looking at (both horizontal and vertical).

screaming

the player raptor has the ability to scream when pressing the "G" button. This feature comes with three randomly picked animation + sounds.

Perfect to scare other players in multiplayer.

Also the Ai will scream when detecting enemys

and when placed in group, the raptor will call his teammates for supporting.

feeding

as a raptor you can feed on your prey to gain back health.

to do that use the same key as screaming while standing over a dead body.

HUD

when the raptors are controlled by a player they have a simple HUD that shows the most important info.

the current attack (left), the amount of health the raptor has (right) and the amount of fatigue the raptor is currently suffering from.

fatigue, as for humans, has to be managed for the raptor too. every attack, jump and sprint will cost stamina.

AI

the raptor AI routine consists of a basic detection system, an attack routine and an idle mode. detection is based on distance, line of sight and field of view.

Same as done with basic arma AI.

Getting Started

You find the raptor under Bluefor,Opfor and Resistance => Dinosaurs

Here you find

Raptor (player only) - Place for playing as raptor

and

Raptor(AI only) - Place for having AI controlled raptor

customization

for PvP balancing purposes and general mission balancing the ability for mission makers to change the damage a raptor can make was added. below you can see the needed variables and their default values.

to change the values just execute the code below with preferably a bit of delay to overwrite the global variables of the addon.

the first one is player raptor damage, the second one is the Ai raptor damage and the second one is the damage both of them do on each cycle while mauling someone after a successful jumpattack.

rup_raptor_dam = 0.5;

rup_raptor_dam_AI = 0.4;

rup_raptor_dam_maul = 0.2;

adding favorite skin to your raptor:

this setIdentity "SKIN NAME";

SKIN NAME:

RaptorF1_ID1, RaptorF1_ID2, RaptorF1_ID3, RaptorF1_ID4

RaptorF2_ID1, RaptorF2_ID2, RaptorF2_ID3, RaptorF2_ID4

RaptorM1_ID1, RaptorM1_ID2, RaptorM1_ID3, RaptorM1_ID4

New Controls

Spacebar =jump (use mouse to look up and jump higher)

G= Scream or Eat

Left Mouse = Attack

background

the focus for this release was to create a stable platform to develope more creatures on. so the raptor is basically the prototype for other species that might be added later.

the goal was mostly getting one creature fully fleshed out and as stable as possible. since arma is not really designed with anything other than humans in mind, it was necessary to deactivate certain features like inventory access as much as we could.

the biggest issue we faced was making the AI move wirth determination.-

known issues

-swimming does not work

-raptors can stuck in falling animation when spawned.

-raptors do not work in buidling at the moment (they walk to fast which cause glitching throw walls.

-raptor AI can walk under water.

-raptor AI can get stuck in jumpAttack animation

license

modification of the contents of this addon is only allowed with direct permission of both of the original authors.

should permission be granted by the authors the contents of this addon are under APL-SA license. that means that modification of any derivative of the original content also requires permission of both original authors.

in short:

- Permission of authors required for any type of modification that results in redistribution even/especially in modified state

- Noncommercial - You may not use this material for any commercial purposes.

- Arma Only - You may not convert or adapt this material to be used in other games than Arma.

- Share Alike - If you adapt, or build upon this material after receiving permission, you may distribute the resulting material only under the same license.

credits

models, textures and animations: Ruppertle

sounds:Ruppertle

UI textures: Ruppertle, BadBenson

configs and scripting:Ruppertle, BadBenson

AI intelligence: BadBenson

Update Preview for upcoming V1.3

cheers!

Ruppertle

Edited by McRuppert

Dinosaus! Epic. Some great releases coming out recently!

you meant dinosauce? :D

time to get busy making gamemodes with this guys!! next focus is going to be MP compatibility (for me anyways) so we can get some nice dinos vs humans PvP action going. it should work in MP already but it was not the focus so far.

Great stuff guys, some really impressive work here :)

New mod 0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@McRuppert;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Classic!!

I hope you guys make a complete faction for these, with groups, so that I can play with them in ALiVE :)

very nice work buddy, cant wait to see the others. But what about those of us that don't get on steam or the workshop? I subscribed and still got no option for download

Edited by WarLord554

Any chance that we get a nice, little direct download... please? :D <3

Looks splendid so far! :)

Yeaaah! This is what I was waiting for the most! Congrats on the release!

"known issues:

-Raptor do talk "

Let's call that a feature, please ;).

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great. I can finally try it with Artemis. BTW, for such purposes, any convenient way to disable built-in AI routines? And what would be the name(s) of claw stroke/bite attack animation(s)? I can dig though the config but better to ask first...

Edited by Rydygier

Can't wait to see this mod in DayZ.

Imagine a server with dinosaurs in place of zombies.

Hope, This Raptor pack supprot Op-for too.

group them to an opfor unit with 0% probability of presents.

Great. I can finally try it with Artemis. BTW, for such purposes, any convenient way to disable built-in AI routines?

just use a non AI raptor. the vanilla FSMs are deactivated on these atm. tell me if you need those for your script. we can reactivate default AI on the non AI raptors.

And what would be the name(s) of claw stroke/bite attack animation(s)? I can dig though the config but better to ask first...

_dino playactionNow "RaptorBiteGesture1";

All right, thanks. :)

just use a non AI raptor.

You mean creating an agent? I'll try, how it works. It's basically about a raptor, that properly reacts on AI scripting commands, like basic doMove etc, but does nothing by itself, maybe except idle anims.

EDIT: nope, seems raptor created as agent does not respond to doMove. BTW also tried just like that, me opfor and one AI raptor. It following me with the look, but doesn't attack/run towards me (not sure, if should though). If close enough, often attacked me, sometimes - not. Reacts on doMove however.

Edited by Rydygier

group them to an opfor unit with 0% probability of presents.

What about in Zeus D:?

Awesome work! Now we need some Dino hunting missions! :D

Classic!!

I hope you guys make a complete faction for these, with groups, so that I can play with them in ALiVE :)

Oh please oh please..... :p

PS: congrats on release!

Rawwwwwwrrr... that´s awesome, hope you could add a userconfig file, cus it would be better if we could remap the raptor jump to V or whatever key that suit us (right now everytime I jump with space it tries to open one action from the action menu)... and when I try to spawn the Raptors through MCC, they appear pink and block the MCC editor screen and MC functions (I have to leave the mission), must be the way they´re config´d

Congrats for the release! Who let the Dinos Out? Rawwwr Rawwwr Rawwwr (bad attempt at humour lol)

is there a fix that the raptors do not get radios, if tfar is running?