.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

I'm not sure this was ever answered. How come we can't see the opened up SMD buildings etc on the Sahrani map ? I thought that was fixed. I can see them on the other 3rd party maps ?

SJ

so yall plan on removing the small maps that are really parts of bigger maps (ie. all the parts of sahrani that are for some odd reason in different maps, takistan mountains) as that would reduce mod size and i know noone who has used those yet

Yeah @ serjames , as I said earlier on this thread I never saw any smd buildings on sahrani or any other maps from this pack either. :(

Haven't tested with 3rd party ones though but ill take your word they work on there.

I'll be more specific - By "flawlessly" I mean no new issues caused by having 1 player use 1 version while another uses another version.

That is, the potential issues are the same if everyone use the same version compared to if each player uses a different version.

In other words, is it safe to allow all the mods on the server and have the server just run one of them, or will this cause issues compared to just allowing one version and forcing everyone to use that?

In the first post it is not clear which of the fixes and improvements would also be included in the old AiA and which are unique to the SA/TP versions.

@ galzohar

The old AiA merge version is no longer updated and is deprecated.

AiA merge version may or may not work to some degree, yet not recommend to mix.

One can mix AiA SA, AiA SA lite, AiA TP, AiA TP lite, AiA TDP in regards to terrains just fine.

That is the whole purpose after all.

Does that answer it?

Are you sure that isnt an issue for All in Arma, not all in arma terrain pack? Wrong thread or am I misunderstanding here?

It isnt really even a job for all in arma to fix either.. :confused:

@ Jigsor

Can you please elaborate in more detail what you did exactly and when it failed.

Uploading the rpt log file would be helpful too, if you manage to run the game.

Will the upcoming update fix any crashes related to Sahrani? I have a mission that crashes the server when it's played on a dedicated server.

---------- Post added at 09:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

I should mention the crashes don't occur when switching the map to altis.

We're getting the exact same issue with AiATP 1.2.1 on Sahrani. As soon as a player spawns (on first launch), the dedi server crashes (and all players lose connection). RPT reports the following issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8zer94j3pzfa9f/error.txt?dl=0

Edit: Just tested a mission on Altis and Takistan, server does not crash - Sahrani seems to be the issue.

Edited by MisterGoodson

@ MisterGoodson

Only BI can analyze crashes. You need to submit them at the A3 FT.

;2788038']@ Jigsor and Pepe Hal and AngelWingGamingJacob

How about you guys and others do some tests with my old test suite and share the result (in a separate topic):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?114937-PvPscene-Benchmark-Suite

Technically AiA TP should be still very similar to A3MP.

The additional lights could have an impact.

Will do! But I don't have A3MP installed at the moment, so I won't be able to make the comparison. :/

We're getting the exact same issue with AiATP 1.2.1 on Sahrani. As soon as a player spawns (on first launch), the dedi server crashes (and all players lose connection). RPT reports the following issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8zer94j3pzfa9f/error.txt?dl=0

Edit: Just tested a mission on Altis and Takistan, server does not crash - Sahrani seems to be the issue.

I'm afraid to say what the culprit is, but the facts I have so far are that the frequency of the crashes was reduced when I removed all vehicles from my mission, not counting static weapons. Other than that the crashes stopped when I moved the mission to Altis.

;2788993']@ MisterGoodson

Only BI can analyze crashes. You need to submit them at the A3 FT.

Right, no problem. In the mean time, are you able to replicate this issue yourself (try running any mission on Sahrani on a dedi server)? We were running a Zeus mission on the same map just last weekend with no crashes; has there been an update to AiATP in the last week that may be causing issues?

i am the opposite, i never ran faster than with AiATP 121 compared to A3MP

Same for me with the new grass.

/KC

I have downloaded the whole TP from the 1st post via torrent. does this include the hotfix? otherwise where can I find that. the buildings are floating for me in sarahni.

thanks

I'm not sure this was ever answered. How come we can't see the opened up SMD buildings etc on the Sahrani map ? I thought that was fixed. I can see them on the other 3rd party maps ?

SJ

Sorry Kju.. I think this keeps getting missed. Can you help ?

;2788689']@ galzohar

The old AiA merge version is no longer updated and is deprecated.

AiA merge version may or may not work to some degree' date=' yet not recommend to mix.

One can mix AiA SA, AiA SA lite, AiA TP, AiA TP lite, AiA TDP in regards to terrains just fine.

That is the whole purpose after all.

Does that answer it?[/quote']

Yeah, thanks a lot!

Hi!

I really like this terrain pack, A1 terrains really add some fresh quality air to the game!

Anyway i'm having a bit of a problem here.

I have to upload this to my game server, is there any working FTP link i could use?

Uploading 7Gb of files from my computer is really not an option because my upload bandwith is limited. :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by serjames View Post

SJ

Sorry Kju.. I think this keeps getting missed. Can you help ?

Yeah no one has responded to this issue... is SMD even integrated? :confused: Did something go wrong in the update process? I think someone said a while back they would have to manually place them, but cant they just replace it by classname?

how far away is the update? was kind of holding back on an update because of it

This has probably been asked before but why does the takistan map start with 1 unit Bluefor, 1 unit Opfor and 1 unit Indep? Also there seem to be some unreadable markings at coords 0-0.

The red dots I got with

_mO = format ["M%1",_x];
_m = createMarker [_mO,getPos _x];
_m setMarkerShape "ICON"; 
_m setMarkerType "mil_dot";
_m setMarkerColor "ColorEast";
} forEach allUnits

http://i.imgur.com/c2KQGYh.jpg (181 kB)

Screenshot from a new/blank map with 1 bluefor playable unit.

@whiztler

I can't imagine this is in any way related to AiA TP.

Maybe its from the new HC you seem to be using in that session?

@kju

On dev branch they added reporting on problematic objects

RsoqSjQ.png

In misc_c\config.cpp

Removing Land_Fuel_tank_big's transportFuel value eliminated the error message and seemed to fix CTD from map switching, although I still got a crash on exit.

class Land_Fuel_tank_big: Land_fuel_tank_small
{
	animated = 0;
	armor = 50;
	model = "\ca\misc\Fuel_tank_big.p3d";
	icon = "\Ca\misc\data\icons\i_fuel_CA.paa";
	displayName = "$STR_DN_FUEL_STATION";
	nameSound = "fuelstation";
	accuracy = 0.5;
	// transportFuel = 50000;    /*I think this line is causing problems */
	destrType = "DestructEngine";
};

^ got the same thing on like, all (a2/using a2 stuff) maps, even custom ones (presumably since its commonly used)