Sign in to follow this  

Resistance buglist

since installing resistance some buildings on the original islands

now problems using the stairs: the castle on Everon & some

houses on Malden: cihlovej_dum_in (wrp edit name) in

La Trinite. The only way you can go up is either sideways or backwards.

And also steps leading to the lighthouse on Nogova:grid IE-08

1/ AI units direction facing is not working in satisfactory way; I posted several months ago about this and e-mailed some files to BIS to check it out, got no response, and the units facing is still wrong and uncorrectable by leader's command "watch direction" in many situations.

(I bought Resistance yesterday, played for 15 minutes, and got to the point quickly when troops keep facing f.i. the West direction, while ignoring entirely my command to turn and watch North....

2/laser designator somehow stopped working completely; I played the single-mission with the bridge attack, can't designate anything, have no laser pointer no matter what I do. I tried in mission editor, no working laser..... The distance from the object I'd like to designate makes no difference neither. I'm not sure about LTD issue completely since I didn't play the OFP wor a while, but I thought that all I had to do before was to aim at target with LTD, and then lock on with click (or maybe right click), then call the attacking planes with the radio.....pls correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Guns revert back to single-fire mode from semi/full-auto mode every time you use the binoculars or switch weapons.

2. When you're in crouch mode and you pick something up you go back to standing up mode.

3. When prone and being healed once healed you stand up, thus showing the AI your nice shiney bonce.

1. If you walk by victor's desk in his office you seem to go under it. Only way to get out is to time compress.

2. The mortar on the m16 doesnt show when you put it on. After you reload it, it looks like a regular m16 but when you fire it the mortar looks like it comes from your shoulder. It fires from no where near the m16.

Hope that helps.

This isn't actually a bug, rather a small "error" in config.bin. Resistance LAW soldier carries RPG launcher & ammo. Now it's not bad, but because all Resistance ammo boxes & trucks carry LAW missiles it doesn't make any sence. It's not big deal to change that RPG to a LAW, but since this little "bug" has been there from 1.0 it would be nice to see it fixed wink.gif.

And a quite annoying bug that is in few new OFP: Resistance buildings. New buildings with ovens and desks make the player sink into building when he/she walks to them. Not a big deal but since you have to increase game speed to 4x to get out of the building it makes it quite messy in MP.

i have noticed when you have your side arm drawn and you go to pick up a flag from the pole you dont have to bend down and wait to get it. just select "take flag" and then run off and then you will get the flag. i feel this is a bug because you then no longer have to wait for the flag to come down the pole befor you take it. meaning in CTF games you can get away with the flag much faster. confused.gif

1) Cannot seem to drop the RPG if it is the last weapon I am carrying.

More bugs (maybe BIS should send us a copy of their Test Track Pro client so we can report bugs directly to their database! <grin> )

* If I see soldiers at long distance through Binoculars they are not reported. Similarly, eyesight of my soldiers is crap - I can see men in the distance, whereas they cannot

* AI of soldiers needs to be tweaked: the enemy are sitting ducks who never try to flank the team or take cover (see "constructive criticism" thread for more details)

* Vehicles veer wildly under AI control

* Dead Bodies sometimes hovering in mid-air when you say "Get in as driver"

* AI refuses to drive cars that are damaged (but still driveable by player)

* If I climb into an East vehicle when my team are with me, they fire at me in the vehicle!!!

* Soldiers walk across blown up bridge and fall to their death!!

* In the "blow up the helicopters" mission, I scored 3 direct hits on a BMP-2 and it refused to blow up!! It didn't fire so fast, but it still fired.

* Ammo and vehicles that should be carried over from previous mission, aren't!

Not really a proper bug but the machine guns are impossible to use effectively at anything over about 50m. When prone they should be fairly accurate even when firing long bursts. AI machine gunners are useless.

Well another two editing-related bugs:

If you change an object's position relative to its current position it is not properly moved. ie:

_x = (getpos my_object) select 0

_y = ((getpos my_object) select 1) + 1

my_object setpos [_x, _y]

Well if you compare the x-coordinate before and after you will notice that it changed, although I didn't change it!

A similar bug with setDir:

_dir = (getdir my_object) + 5

my_object setdir _dir

It not only turns it 5 degrees, it also changes its  position! But if you add 45 degrees it is rotated properly around its axis and it doesn't change its position!

This bugs relate only to objects, vehicles do not show this strange behaviour!

dedicated server memory leak is back...memory is not reclaimed when server empties and just keeps climbing until there is a crash.

Should we still send the same server debug files to bis and if so what email address do we use?

Check below for my specs.  I am running the game on High terrain detail  1024*768*32.

I am seeing a bunch of small white specs..about a pixel in size for each of them.  They move side to side. This screenshot only caught 3 of them, but sometimes there are 8 or more.

My video card is a ASUS V8420  Geforce4 Ti 4200.

screenshot.jpgspecs.jpg

If you go on top of a building go prone and look down you fall into the roof and will get stuck inside. I sank down to the ground one time from a 5 story building

Oh and also there's a bug when firing AH1 Cobra's cannon. The cannon rotates when firing but it's always in the same position, the muzzle flash however goes there where the gunner points the gun. And if you stop firing the cannon will return to that position where gunner has actually pointed it

- No ironsight in the MG Jeep.

- LGB bombs have lighting from opposite direction.

The sides of the tracks move the wrong side when driving

When in 3rd person mode in the M2A2 and as gunner you move the cross hairs over your victim and then switch to the gun sight view (by pressing 0/Ins..default)..you are nowhere near your target.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When in 3rd person mode in the M2A2 and as gunner you move the cross hairs over your victim and then switch to the gun sight view (by pressing 0/Ins..default)..you are nowhere near your target.<span id='postcolor'>

I have had this all the time, in all tanks. Very enoying...

(Dont know if this has been mentioned already)

Call me sick, but i tested it, and the women civilians sound like men when they get shot. C'mon, realism, people!!

When playing the 1985 Campaign mission 'Escape From Prison' (with Resistance), the chopper that you are supposed to fly off in flies away on its own without you or the Speznaz guys boarding it. My theory is that this is due to the change of the AI behaviour in Resistance.

Hi,

1) I can't seem to shoot parashutists (yes, it's sick, I know... smile.gif ) but it would be nice to have the option.

2) Also, when in one of the tall blocks of flats in the mission to destroy the choppers, you have the option to climb the ladder but it doesn't let you.

3) I can't place some weapons in the trucks without first switching to them.

Cheers, and thanx for a fantastic game!

Dave.

1) Weapon accuracy, they shoot alot lower than the sites,and if you lock on a target with a tank it doesn't even come close to hitting the target(more nocible on nato side that russian side)

2)In coop 16 ( ithink) i was in a m2a and was killed it respawned me next to the russian base in my m2a but i could do nothing but jump out of m2a( this was real kewl though because i could just sit in my m2a and watch all of the commie scum and they didn't seem to see me until i got out of m2a)

3)Lot's of foggy video in distance even with terrain set to normal and distance set to around 1300

other than these problems the game is great!

AI wont drive into factory complex at CD52 on Nogova. They get toe the outer walls then stop and wont go in. They do walk in however.

Flares are not visible for other players in multiplayer

and it is very annoying problem in night missions.

It would be nice to know when your opponent player

has fired a flare so that you understand to hide.

I was in a T-80 and turned out then I saved the game and quit the program. When I loaded it up again later I was still turned out but the hatch was closed and I had the "turn out" option available. Selecting it caused me to turn in then immediately turn out again with the hatches open this time.

Hello to everybody :

1ş) When I play to Resistance in Multiplayer missions I have some times a big bug , which take me to windows again , without any error message , I don´t know what can be it .

I get this bug a lot too. The other day, it happened 3 times.

It either quits right to windows, and sometimes wont start back up again until i re-boot, or it will quit on its own, and give me this weird graphical glitch at the same time that covers the whole screen, basically rendering my pc inoperable until i re-boot.

certain tanks bounce around like bradly is the worst also the V-80 also does same thing

if i command a squad i can't get them to keep low (kneele)

but i see AI on one knee ?