Sign in to follow this  

Resistance buglist

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ July 29 2002,14:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I use '"this moveincargo T1" foreach units group player', only the guy with this command in its init-field is moven in as cargo, but not the rest of the group.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats because you are moving the guy with that init line("this") many times in the cargo. You have to do '"_x moveincargo T1" foreach units group player' instead.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ July 20 2002,21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AI machine gunners are useless.<span id='postcolor'>

In addition to MGs being highly inaccurate, the AI MGers always seem to aim too high. Soldiers lying prone are reasonably safe, as the AI MGer will keep firing over their heads.

@Kegetys: You are right, my fault, but the transport unload command still acts weird.

In the counterattack mission I placed several of my AI in the various M2's throughout the base and ordered them to fire on the helos. They would not fire on them..only enemy troops.

this may seem very menial, but in one of the missions, there is a couple of choppers which attack your base, and one of them is supposedly new, and knowbody knows what it is, but all of your soldiers under your command tell you that a v-80 is sighted. I find it difficult to believe that some newbie resistance fighters would know what kind of helicopter it was, but a highly trained spec-op soldier does not.

Also some people I know got the loop bug where when you won the mission, quited, and went back into the game, the mission was not completed.

This has probably been mention before...

* Vehicles.

Using a Tank or BMP in a downhill feel like your are going on ICE and SNOW, it is slippery.

Using a Tank or BMP in a uphill sometimes often it goes to slow!

Using a Truck in a uphill doesent affect speed of the truck!

* New handguns.

There are no recoil on the new handguns!

But these are minor things, I think OFP R is

THE PERFECT GAME!

Thanks!

I still think the biggest bug in this otherwise perfect game is the supply deleting bug. If anyone isnt familiar with this, one mission you have a big supply of weapons, then the next mission you hardly have any weapons.

This bug needs to be fixed soon, because the campaign is unplayable for me now.

Dunno if this counts as a bug, but, I started the game again (just got GF4-Ti-4200, game looks sweet 1024x768x32 + quincunx(sp?)FSAA) and in the mission "Scrap" where you go for the tanks I managed to capture all the tanks, the bmp, one repair truck and one ammo truck. During the journey to the retreat point, my AI killed the bmp and the enemy bailed out of the T72 so I nicked it tounge.gif , in the next mission I only had the tanks I nicked from the base, the extra T72 was no where to be seen mad.gif

Bizon magazine is named just "Bizon" in the action menu.

You can see something like that:

Drop SVD Dragunov

Drop SVD Dragunov Mag

Drop Bizon

Drop Bizon

Actually, one of them means "Drop Bizon Mag" and acts accordingly. But you must always guess which is which.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ July 30 2002,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I still think the biggest bug in this otherwise perfect game is the supply deleting bug.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with you completely, I've stopped playing Opf:R for now and won't play it again until Bis release a patch.

I find it extremely disappointing that Suma has made no comment about this major bug which ruins the whole concept of the game.

this bug has been mentioned before but now i have some observations as to how it might occur.

bug: infinite ammo littering the ground when putting ammo in a vehicle.

observations: bug seems to happen when the vehicle being loaded is parked too close to the ammo crates, also when 2 vehicles being loaded up are too close to each other. put in 2 different rocket launchers in the same vehicle and when you switch between rockets the bug seems to occur again.

unobserved rumors: rumor has it that filling a vehicle too much with ammo activates this bug, i haven't observed it nor been able to verify it since there is no published limit for each vehicle.

possible problem. i believe the ammo box classes might be getting mixed up when you park a vehicle too close to an ammo crate. what might be happening is that the class which defines the vehicle object cannot be in the action menu at the same time as the class that defines the ammo crate object. i shouldn't speculate on what exactly is happening but i believe the classes might be derived from similar classes and variables that are named the same are being used by both object classes when only one should be using it. this however does not explain the 2 rocket launchers in the same vehicle problem so i could be talking out of my ass.

bug: there is no option for putting ammo inside a BRDM, i doubt that this is intentional but if it is someone please tell me because it seems like such a blatant oversight.

i hope my observations help in improving this game i love so much hehe.

I have noticed that A10 aircraft keep on crashing into Northern Nogova when they fly around for a while looking for targets.

These are pilots of the highest skill just circling a Guard waypoint. Takes about 5 minutes for a whole team of A10's to wipe themselves out on the hills.

flyinheight for aircraft would be a nice fix.

I found a few bugs in Resistance. When you light a fire, the others can't see what you are doing. Just you bending over! They have to turn it on and off them selfs! If you have Resistance and your playing OFP - CWC then it still screws it up!!!!! Same problem with the doors! Open a door, the other person sees it how they set it! WHATS WITH THAT!

Bug: If you put a weapon into a vehicle or container then the ammo for that weapon ceases to exist. You often don't notice if the container already has some of that ammo in it. (Try putting an RPG nh75 that you have rockets for into an empty truck then taking it out again - you now have 0 rockets)

Same for pistols, primary and secondary weapons, the ammo just ceases to exist.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eNRGy @ Aug. 02 2002,10:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bug: If you put a weapon into a vehicle or container then the ammo for that weapon ceases to exist. You often don't notice if the container already has some of that ammo in it. (Try putting an RPG nh75 that you have rockets for into an empty truck then taking it out again - you now have 0 rockets)

Same for pistols, primary and secondary weapons, the ammo just ceases to exist.<span id='postcolor'>

You may be right, the workaround is put the ammo in first, then put the weapon in. tounge.gif

I think the biggest bug is that the resource system is nothing short of a disaster. A pure, unmitigated disaster. Which is a crying shame because it's a wonderful idea sad.gif

They need to fix the *massive* number of bugs with it. It's utterly ridiculous to spend time collecting equipment only to have the game randomly decide what equipment you actually have each mission. "You put 6 RPG launchers, 12 AK74s and 3 Dragunovs in the truck? Okay, here's 8 AK47 CZs instead. Thanks for filling that truck with all that equipment though!"

Damn, it's frustating.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Regarding the stock pile disappearing bug, I have a question.

Before the "Fight" mission, I filled the Ural up with tons of weapons and ammo from the invasion, parked it outside the camp so that I could reach it during the "Fight!" mission. But I can´t use the Ural to evac after killing the tanks approacing the camp, so I get my men and run to the truck waiting for us on the main road. Mission completed, but the Ural is left back at the camp, which will be impossible to approach later.

Ural gone.. I spend probably at least 30 minutes collecting and stocking weapons and ammo, all gone. Is that the bug you are talking about? I created another user profile and copied the files from the original, then tried reverting, no help at all.

So I wasted 30-60 minutes and will never get all of those weapons, satches, ammo e.t.c. back? Sorry if it is a stupid question, have restarted the campaign 3 times and am getting really frustrated by now.

Tried running back to the camp in the "Scrap" mission, to see if the Ural was still parked around, but some invisible tank got me every time I closed in, they seem to be able to see right through mountains and hills (as already mentioned), even when I crawled, well hidden, they killed me with 1 round every time. When I get killed, I do not get to see who or what killed me, though. Just the explosion and me dead, nothing more. Script?

So, I just want to know, is the Ural with all the weapons and ammo that I collected in the first mission gone forever?

Sorry, I know this kind of questions have been asked a lot, but it really is not that much fun anymore if I can´t even get the Bizon or other weapons, satchels, RPG´s and so on. I have the Dragunov at the moment, with 4 clips, in the beginning of the Scrap mission. But I would like the Bizon instead of the Dragunov, and put the latter on the truck, which is gone..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 30 2002,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree with you completely, I've stopped playing Opf:R for now and won't play it again until Bis release a patch.<span id='postcolor'>

same here, but i think a patch is coming soon, cause some people said the demo was v1.78, so hopefully it'll fix it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ July 30 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I still think the biggest bug in this otherwise perfect game is the supply deleting bug. If anyone isnt familiar with this, one mission you have a big supply of weapons, then the next mission you hardly have any weapons.

This bug needs to be fixed soon, because the campaign is unplayable for me now.<span id='postcolor'>

Hm. I didn't notice that bug when i was playing through the campaign.

For example: if i finished the mission with dragunov, i started with dragunov in the next mission.

I was without satchel charges is the mission where u have to destroy the bridge, because i already used them in the previous mission. That wasn't the problem, because there was a group of SpetsNaz to kill. tounge.gif

Anyways. I'm afraid of this bug. That's why i edited the campaign and put a truck with ammo in every mission. smile.gif

Found this out when playing on SHoP earlier today. Heres what happened.

It was Lakeside C&H. I was east. I was going to set a trap just south of west base where its narrow between two small forests. So first thing I do is drop my grenades. Run, grab a UAZ and drive it near the ammo crates. I take an RPG launcher and 3 RPG's. I put those into the car. Then, I took 3 mines. Now here's where I can activate the bug. I go to the car, and take the RPG launcher back. This, in turn, loaded the mines into the car when I got my RPG ammo back. So I thought great, now I know how to load mines into cars. I had no idea that I had activated the bug.

So now, I drive along the forest edges and come to where I want to set my ambush. I park the UAZ about 50m into the tree line. And no one could see it. I take some mines out of the UAZ, and I set them in the narrow gap.

I run back the the UAZ, and grab the last mine. Now heres where it hit me. I know I only loaded 3 mines into the car. I set 2 and after I took the 3rd it should have been depleted. But, I saw another "Take mine" option. I chose it. It gave me a 4th mine. I set the ones I had. Came back, and there was still the take mine option. And an RPG option. I could load up on those too.

Odd and iteresting bug. Just letting you guys know about it. It wouldn't be "right" to use it. But atleast you know its there.

Harnu.

Seems when I pull out the map and double click on the notebook and select "group" or is it squad, i dunno, the one were you can see everyone in your group. I hit the chat key to (tell everyone who that rpg soldier was who seemed to be invincible) and I crashed to desktop. Im not sure if that is something repeatable or not, but I know that if you are in the breifing screen and hit the / key and then pgup to scroll up on the list as the last person hits im ready if you are still scrolled up w/ the chat box opened, you will crash to desktop.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ July 30 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I still think the biggest bug in this otherwise perfect game is the supply deleting bug. If anyone isnt familiar with this, one mission you have a big supply of weapons, then the next mission you hardly have any weapons.

This bug needs to be fixed soon, because the campaign is unplayable for me now.<span id='postcolor'>

Same problem. Afther the airport mission at night (the one you need to destroy  hello) 2 cutscenes and...

Next mission 0 weapons, 0 ammo. NOTHING hehe  sad.gif

Back to collecting stuff  biggrin.gif

New info about this problem here

Fuck that bug! Im on the mission where theres about 15 or so tanks and i have not one RPG at all, no satchels or mines either sad.gif

Another bug - when u crash the chopper it keeps making the chopper noise. Also when you get in the chopper and press page up to turn it on, and if you keep holding page up it sounds like chopper is idling and not speeding its engines up.

1. Sometimes when I sneak around as spec ops at night, a BMP drives directly toward me, stops practically on me, and does nothing. I can crawl away, but it will often follow me around, darting after me, but never firing.

2. (minor) Almost all the new weapons have no description in the Inventory/Map screen. I liked to read what the weapons and ammo actually were without refering to Janes Big Book'o Guns or whatever.

*takes big breath after reading 13 pages of bug reports*

Somebody mentioned soldiers with MG's aiming too high.  There also seems to be a problem with the gunners in the American M-60 tanks aiming too high.  This may have always been the case, but shouldn't it have been fixed?