Sign in to follow this  

Resistance buglist

Bug:

Mission with instant respawn. (no marker respawn)

Player falls off the bridge, or is blown up off the bridge and into the water, player dies... and dies... and dies... over and over again for the duration of the mission.

Player should be moved to the edge of the water. I know its a fluke but it's happened a couple times now. Dunno if its fixable or not.

Hoz

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hoz @ Aug. 05 2002,16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bug:

Player falls off the bridge, or is blown up off the bridge and into the water, player dies... and dies... and dies... over and over again for the duration of the mission.

Player should be moved to the edge of the water. I know its a fluke but it's happened a couple times now. Dunno if its fixable or not.

Hoz<span id='postcolor'>

Should not it depend on mission designer? How the program can know you want to place (respawn) soldier on the bridge and not under the bridge?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ Aug. 05 2002,16:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hoz @ Aug. 05 2002,16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bug:

Hoz<span id='postcolor'>

Should not it depend on mission designer? How the program can know you want to place (respawn) soldier on the bridge and not under the bridge?<span id='postcolor'>

what I do when this happens is each time I spawn, I run as far as I can towards the shore as I can until I die, then repeat the process until I get on dry land. Imperfect, but adequate smile.gif

One night I was playing radishville run (You have to get from the airport to the castle on everon to win, before eastern choppers hunt you down). Someone on my team (resistance who have to escape) tried taking the hidden cessna to the hidden choppers so he could take out enemies. But a team member (A new guy) Locked on with an AA rocket and blew that cessna out of the sky. He was about 1km out. He died over 100 times i belive before I fianally escaped to the castle and ended the mission.

Hey for the supply deleting bug couldnt BIS put this in the mission: "SaveVar" in a trigger or some, because it saves the variables from one mission to the next. So say you grabbed 10 AK47's then it can save the number of AK47's variables. The next mission you lose a few magazines so it removes variables.

I suck at all wierd computer programming language, so thats why i cant explain that too well tounge.gif

Anyway can what i just said be done?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 05 2002,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what I do when this happens is each time I spawn, I run as far as I can towards the shore as I can until I die, then repeat the process until I get on dry land. Imperfect, but adequate  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why the mission designer of your mission allowed you to respawn under water? It should be fixed by mission designer...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ Aug. 05 2002,16:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hoz @ Aug. 05 2002,16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bug:

Hoz<span id='postcolor'>

Should not it depend on mission designer? How the program can know you want to place (respawn) soldier on the bridge and not under the bridge?<span id='postcolor'>

It was a fluke, I was just pointing out that accidents can happen. The respawn was instant where the player died. Player was blown off the bridge by a grenade.

Hoz

I don´t think I saw this one before in this thread.

#1 Am playing the Field Exercice mission, had erased the outpost and checked if there was anything left for me to pick up (the only one left in the outpost was the M2 gunner, and I spotted an AK on the ground next to him. So I went there to pick it up, but it did not show on the menu, so I had to leave it there.

#2 - Got in the BMP by accident when putting weapons and ammo in. When I jumped out again, the driver took off like a jet and would have disappeared if I did not tell him to get back. AFAIK this happens in OFP too.

#2.1 That happens sometimes when commanding soldiers in tanks too. At the beginning of the Field Exercise mission, one of the soldiers started running towards the ocean for some reason, when I told him to get in a tank 10m away from him in the opposite direction.

#3 When I gathered tanks and trucks in the "Scrap!" mission, just getting them to drive to the evac zone became a quite challenging task in itself. they would go random directions, say "Ready" when they had not moved at all (as drivers of course..), just stop like that, and worst of all: One of them started driving at full throttle towards the remaining 5 or so tanks at the beach (you know if you go too far, they will always get you, not the 2 backup tanks that comes in later). I barely reached to tell him to get his A** back right now!! before he came to the point where they would have blow up the tank. I had to drive 3 of the tanks myself as the drivers just refused to listen, anyway. Have no idea why.

Unit's on different sides can no longer be ordered to get into the same vehicle. A west unit will not get into a vehicle that is occupied by an Eastern captive.

This is causing me big issues with backward compatibility in my missions, where units of 2 different sides used to enter the same vehicle if one was captive.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ Aug. 06 2002,04:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 05 2002,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what I do when this happens is each time I spawn, I run as far as I can towards the shore as I can until I die, then repeat the process until I get on dry land. Imperfect, but adequate smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why the mission designer of your mission allowed you to respawn under water? It should be fixed by mission designer...<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I agree, a mission designer should attempt to overcome respawning in water. I will see what I can do when I finish my Peace mission. Until then maybe someone else?

Here is an update on what might cause units not to get in vehicles

I keep playing with this.

I found that if thier is a dead Russian soldier in a vehicle, Your soldiers don't want to get in.

I guess they don't wan't to get in a vehicle with a burnt crispy body of Russian soldier.

on driveing armored vehicles

It appears you must have a minum of two ai's in the vehicle

Comming from an Armor battilliion I see the point

It kind of sucks trying to dirve a tank down a road in real life with no one keeping an eye out for the idiot in the corvet racing down the one lane road trying to pass your 70 ton M1.

By the way he was fine, his car well that is another story.

Ha and was found not to be at fault.

BUG (maybe it is,maybe its not):

- Parachute is invicible to bullet rounds (while in mid air).

- Tank or vulcan gunner/commander that pop out from the hatch is invicible to bullet rounds.(they can get hit in OFP)

- Put something 2-3 meters away(even a small radio) in front of the AI,And he will always (16 outof 17) turn RIGHT and took a VERY,VERY long turn to reach his waypoints.

(The AI is on foot and the waypoint is actually just a couple meters to his LEFT)

- The AI can board ship from almost 20 meters away and theres no boarding animation (sometimes the cargo also invicible to bullets).

- I dont know if this is a bug or this is how it supposed to work in OFP editor (I'm a noob in ofp/ofpr),But it seems that waypoints can automaticly activated while you are in the air (as a cargo or pilot),Its not very strange if you have fly pass or hover above it , BUT i'm talking about when you are still almost a miles away from the waypoint.

(Is the WP activation in OFPR based on visual contact?)

Well,actually i think OFP and OFPR is a great game...very impressive actually...and theres no games in this planet ever come out bug free.

Besides..theres nothing you guys cant fix....right?

I hope theres a patch coming soon for this marvelous game...specially for the AI (The choppers always tend to ram at each other...too often actually).

Women seem to hold weapons kinda funny wink.gif The one with the blue skirt and matted brown hair hold the rifles with her wrist instead of her hand. Just thought I would mention that

LoneSoldier, that's a little too much.

"Bug" i noticed:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unit ammo magazine

Operand types:

unit: Object

magazine: String

Type of returned value:

Number

Description:

Count how many shots are left for given magazine type.

<span id='postcolor'>

It appears that the Description should read: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Count how many shots are left for given weapon type.<span id='postcolor'>

Example: If you run a check on "SteyrMag" you always get 0, while running a check on "Steyr" returns real round count.

I didn't have the time to read all the entries, so here's mine:

in the pre-mission "gear" screen I had one PK in my pool.

I put it to a medic, but he wasn't able to take it somehow?

Anyway, I put M16 to him, but then, PK was lost from the pool.

Clipping problems have been mentioned many times before, but here are to specific problems:

a) The standard six-story white apartment building with one open apartment on the top left. If you climb to the roof, lie prone and then look downwards you will sink into the building and slowly fall all the way to the ground. This does not seem to affect the two-story or eight-story apartments.

b) In Petrovice there are two eight-story apartments directly next to each other (Dc61). If you climb to the roof of one and jump towards the other and continue to hold the forward button once you hit the wall, you will "cling" to the wall as if the floor extends outside of the wall slightly. If you let go of forward and then immediately hold it again, you will fall to the next floor down where the same thing happens. This way you can work your may down the outside of the building without dying.

There is no pic for the Strela AA launcher ammo or the green smoke grenade in the gear menu, maybe a couple others.

When the hangers at the airport on Nogova are destroyed the AI can shoot through them at you with perfect accuracy, you can shoot through them. When crouching or laying prone on the concrete base of some structures you vibrate up and down the radio mast does this and the barns on Nogova, it may do it with others.

Sometimes the reflection does not work on the weapons you have t press alt+tab and then go back to the game for it to work properly

While this is not a bug it still annoys me, the AKs still have burst fire mode, why? they dont in real life or is it so the AI dont use it like the XM 177 i.e in single shots all the time

Dont know if anyones noticed, but the Kozlice ejects a bunch of rifle shells when it fires, instead of shotgun shells, or nothing at all

Also, i just noticed that the resistance have pilots........but no aircraft. Maybe not a bug, but i see a little inconsistency when the resistance is a relatively small force, with no aircraft, but it still has the resources to train pilots. Especially when, in a pinch, a normal soldier could do the job just as easily.

When it rains it pours down even when you're inside a building (in HWTL mode)

The mission briefing or cutscene (whatever) before you blow up the brigde says its the september 20, and then when you're at the briefing for the actual mission, it is the 19th ?? Timewarp?

Clouds of smoke are not always visible on client machines i.e. I hit a BMP with a LAW and the resulting explosion & smoke was only visible on the server.

Im not sure if this is actually classified as a bug, but anyway, when you destroy a truck full of soldiers you cannot get the weapons the soldiers were carrying...

It seems that when you fire a rocket, let´s say with mi-17,

the explosion happens where you aimed it but the effects

go directly to North. Here´s one pic so you understand what i

mean.

bug1.jpg

and the next pic is probably about the same problem. If i

remember correctly rpg rocket is facing north again.

bug2.jpg

Yep that's a definite bug. I've seen it happen many times online - someone will fire a LAW/RPG and it thye rocket will shoot off at right angles or whatever to the firer, even though it actually does hit the target. Maybe some kind of graphical glitch? confused.gif