IndeedPete

[SP Campaign] M.E.R.C.S. - mercenary expendable ruthless covert selfish

I can place satchels through AGM's interaction menu, and det them but it has no effect. Since the trigger is tied to your action menu, and not the actual destruction of the ship. Same thing in the BIS campaign probably. And I much prefer the ar's in the DM weapons pack and the mk18's over RH's m4 pack, they're much better quality and more varied.(RHS weapons are best overall, would rather have those than anything mentioned) And CUP adds in hundreds of weapons, which would be nice. I like variety.

To my knowledge, the AGM mod is very modular so if you delete agm_explosives.pbo you will retain the vanilla explosives system but still keep the rest of the compatible AGM features. I think.

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Mission that I can't complete because of AGM.

Okay, cool vid but I can't see how AGM is affecting the mission objectives.^^ There's always the possibility to skip a mission with this executed from the debug console:

[] call IP_fnc_cheatEndMission;

Ah great, the finalists have been selected! Thanks again to all voters, supporters, players, testers and contributors! And congrats to all finalists out there! ;)

Didn't play this one so far, however, i'm gonna try it now. Looks like an interesting work.

That trailer doesn´t shows the best features of the selected singleplayer missions/campaigns (except for get tactical): for instance, on the MERCS part, they should have shown some dialog scene and the cutscenes =P

@IndeedPete: I´ve told you you´re going to be a finalist... still hope you get - at least - third place!

cheers!

@mason05: You do that! Feel free to give feedback. ;)

@Coporal: Funny thing, I have actually no idea what mission they're playing in the trailer. oO Thanks, but there are so many good projects out there. Never expected anything from the contest, better keep it that way. :D

All I can add right now is congrats on making it to finalist. Great job. I need more time to finish this campaign.

Nowhere near enough time to play games right now.

So many missions;So little time

I found it was time to update the logo once again and BI's insignia fits quite well. :D

mercs_banner_512_256fv7i6n.jpg

@KrevsnoTrev: Thanks, I hope you find time to continue. ;)

this campaign is a blast! thank you for this immersive work, it's a great job indeed. i wish you best of luck in the competition!

Congrads! you still open for feedback? From the start I found you where using to much music. Almost always and with every situation. A piece of music on the right time is wonderfull but to much makes me slide the music slider down..

Also, at the camp where that guy is shooting there is also a shopper trying to take of or testing his motor or something like that but it's a annoying noise as his engine always start up and shut down. Just to much noise for playing with a headphone. In the camp I mute the sound. Is this shopper intentional or is it a bug?

Also have to end the game often throug the debugger. Very good you posted that on the first page otherwise it would be hell. Maybe I'm using a conflicting mod so don't bother about that but do do you know if any of these give conflict?

ASR ai

Mag Repack

L_Exshake

RSRS dragonfyre

cba

VTS weaponresting

stamina bar

hud

RH-M4

cheers

Hey, thanks. Music is handeled by a jukebox function, aside from a few scenes. It's often out of place and I could swear it gets louder with every update. I might alter the function so it's not playing music 24/7.

Intentional, yet boosted by soundmods. I'm also using JSRS and it gets annoying, not much of a problem with vanilla sounds though. I'll play around with the intervalls again, it was originally developed without any mods enabled.

I don't know some of these, but ASR AI sounds dangerous to me. I feel many AI mods are breaking pathfinding / waypoints which is sometimes crucial. Dragonfyre, weapon packs and CBA should be fine. I can't see how weapon resting could affect mission flows. Don't know the rest but that's why I'm always pointing out: Use mods at your own risk. :)

Hey, thanks. Music is handeled by a jukebox function, aside from a few scenes. It's often out of place and I could swear it gets louder with every update. I might alter the function so it's not playing music 24/7.

Intentional, yet boosted by soundmods. I'm also using JSRS and it gets annoying, not much of a problem with vanilla sounds though. I'll play around with the intervalls again, it was originally developed without any mods enabled.

I don't know some of these, but ASR AI sounds dangerous to me. I feel many AI mods are breaking pathfinding / waypoints which is sometimes crucial. Dragonfyre, weapon packs and CBA should be fine. I can't see how weapon resting could affect mission flows. Don't know the rest but that's why I'm always pointing out: Use mods at your own risk. :)

Yeah, I know. Using mods is a bit risky and it throws away the right of complaining something is not working! I will disable ASR_ai or bcombat. The other mod's are little things, I don't think it will affect anything.

In the mission where you have to stop the black suv inbetween his stops and where you have an UAV. Could it be bcombat or asr ai wich made the suv pathfinding a problem? He got stuck at the second camp. He drove into a corner and probably had some damage so that was it for that mission ... he did'nt move anymore :(

Might be - or it might be the bad driving AI in general. It's like gambling with driving AI - with every patch or mod "increasing" the AI there's a chance that something's going wrong. I've already placed him outside the first camp (so he will actually make it outside). I suggest to engage him between the start and first stop, it's what I found to be the easiest solution. Can't remember the exact grid coords but it's a crossroad with lots of wood around it. About half way between the radar station and military base.

Could it be bcombat or asr ai wich made the suv pathfinding a problem? He got stuck at the second camp. He drove into a corner and probably had some damage so that was it for that mission ... he did'nt move anymore :(

Hi. Please consider that bCombat does not affect in any way vehicles and/or units in vehicles.

Yeah, I know. Using mods is a bit risky and it throws away the right of complaining something is not working! I will disable ASR_ai or bcombat. The other mod's are little things, I don't think it will affect anything.

In the mission where you have to stop the black suv inbetween his stops and where you have an UAV. Could it be bcombat or asr ai wich made the suv pathfinding a problem? He got stuck at the second camp. He drove into a corner and probably had some damage so that was it for that mission ... he did'nt move anymore :(

Same issue with vanilla AI, putting them in charge of driving is pretty risky. Managed to use a bit of debug console code and some teleporting to get him unstuck in my case.

I might change his destinations again by putting them further outside the camps. However, sometimes a single stone next to the road can end a ride with an AI driver. xX

A nice masterpiece! I've learnt a lot from this work. Actually it taught me how to deploy the surrounding. Also I played it several times with different methods, enjoyed a lot.

Glad you see it that way! It was a lot of learning (by doing) for me as well. M.E.R.C.S. started without any kind of plan and turned into one giant experiment.^^

This is amazing campaign, most of the missions are great on their own, but connecting them with the money mechanics and other merc stuff turns this into masterpiece. Also great variety of missions and using the game assets (the riots mission with the bobcat was really good idea). Looking forward to see more from you.

Thanks for your lovely comments, chaps! Be sure to keep up with Contention Zone. And a third project is already staged for development (if there only was no real life^^).

What is this third project?

Curious about it :)