warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Besides using your brand of service menu, how exactly will your MH-47G be different than Konyo's MH-47E in terms of functionality and features?

My two cents say it's probably something that can be left for later as the game severely lacks decent/capable light and medium helicopters.

Doesn't mean I'm not excited, though!

While I have the most respect for Konyo and his MH47E, its still missing some fine tuning and some upgrading.

-MH47G Update (FLIR Pod, CAAS Suit)

-CAAS Cockpit

-M240 Turrets in back

-M134 upgrade, proper config for the weapons

-A not Lag/desync creating rotor script

-Overall visuals

And most likely more functionality.

But keep in mind. This announcement is our overall plan.

Our release order will be something like this:

MH60L/M > A/MH-6M > MH47G

Good to hear.

Waiting so much for the MH-60L/M

While I have the most respect for Konyo and his MH47E, its still missing some fine tuning and some upgrading.

-MH47G Update (FLIR Pod, CAAS Suit)

-CAAS Cockpit

-M240 Turrets in back

-M134 upgrade, proper config for the weapons

-A not Lag/desync creating rotor script

-Overall visuals

And most likely more functionality.

But keep in mind. This announcement is our overall plan.

Our release order will be something like this:

MH60L/M > A/MH-6M > MH47G

Excellent! Thank you so much for the reply!

Are there any plans (or the faint idea) to make the releases on a per-chassis basis and to allow communities to test them?

Excellent! Thank you so much for the reply!

Are there any plans (or the faint idea) to make the releases on a per-chassis basis and to allow communities to test them?

You are welcome. Allways good to see interest in our work.

What exactly do you mean a per chassis release? Like having each Airframe in a seperate PBO?

The mod will be organised this way (examples, name are expected to change):

SOAS_Core.pbo

SOAS_Weapons.pbo

SOAS_Functions.pbo

SOAS_AMH6.pbo

SOAS_MH47.pbo

SOAS_MH60.pbo

etc.

This way we can push updates and keep the files organised.

If you mean if we release closed beta version to specific Arma Squads, this wasnt discussed yet, but I think the first batch will be released to the squads of each member.

Have a good day.

Thank you once again for the quick reply and I have no further questions.

Keep up the good work and I wish you all the very best.

As Mag pointed out Konyo did great, and I know there were alot of ppl involved in that model. We simply want to create our own, using our various model components and bring every aspect of the helo to life just like the hawks, and littlebirds. From our own custom weapons, sounds, high def cockpits, and much more. Our current focus is the medium and light soar aircraft

Well I've been busy lately... Just to give you all a little tease

th_buldozer2014-07-1621-20-31-55.jpg

th_buldozer2014-07-1621-22-30-31.jpg

th_buldozer2014-07-1621-25-02-34.jpg

Hellfire rack looks really good. Blackhawk DAP coming along nicely! Good job guys!

I love it, so eager to play with them!

One question:

when on the ground, I hope the blades will fold a little bit, not remain straight - I guess it's yes, but I prefer ask :p

I love it, so eager to play with them!

One question:

when on the ground, I hope the blades will fold a little bit, not remain straight - I guess it's yes, but I prefer ask :p

Rotorblades wil be animated, of course. Dont worry, we wont use that silly blurry rotor replacement "thing"

*UPDATE*

Firstly just wanted to share a teaser with you guys, we haven't gotten to the little birds yet, but have done a little work

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/Mobile%20Uploads/1png_zps5dkw5z46.png (125 kB)

Work continues on the hawks, both Lima and Mike versions. Weapons systems, cockpit parts, and full textures are currently under development. Once we finish them up we will get some good pics up for you guys to check out. As always we appreciate community support on this project

Best Regards,

S.O.A.S. Dev Team

Looks very promising, looking forward to how it turns out, keep up the great work!

Are you planning to create custom sounds? Or use A3 sounds or use sounds from JSRS/SOS etc?

Warlord you and your crew are genius *-*

Ha thx brother. As a team we have accomplished amazing results so far. The MOD is def going in the right direction and the community will really be happy with the results, I know we are. :)

As wacko stated we are developing a complete sound suite, from rotors to engine, inside sounds to distance, and even accurate m134 sounds that sound much better than standard.

We really want you to feel the full experience while airborne, whether.a pilot, gunner, or passenger. We believe great, accurate sounds will add yet another level of immersion and realism

Can I have your internet babies?

Seriously though, as someone who's done pretty much nothing but fly helicopters in ARMA for about 6 years now I can't even begin to explain the chub I have been rocking since discovering this WIP thread. Well, I could, but I'd likely get banned.

I cannot express how much I am looking forward to your mod pack via a few key strokes. Cake or beer.. Pick your poison and I'll gladly send you all some when the initial release roles around.

Ha thx brother. As a team we have accomplished amazing results so far. The MOD is def going in the right direction and the community will really be happy with the results, I know we are. :)

As wacko stated we are developing a complete sound suite, from rotors to engine, inside sounds to distance, and even accurate m134 sounds that sound much better than standard.

We really want you to feel the full experience while airborne, whether.a pilot, gunner, or passenger. We believe great, accurate sounds will add yet another level of immersion and realism

Mate if anyone make some complain about your work i'm gonna be pissed, and will go to war :D

There will be someone some where that will not like this mod. It's bound to happen

But anyways.

Enjoy!

th_buldozer2014-07-2901-45-56-06.jpg

MOD reminds me of nostalgic Operation Flashpoint with helicopters BAS this simply amazing congratulations

Firefox I spent many, many hours with the BAS birds! Haha Anyways I thought id spoil you guys once more. Finishing up our M134 door guns. What you guys think?

buldozer%202014-07-28%2004-09-10-59_zpssadyljki.jpg

buldozer%202014-07-28%2004-08-50-86_zpsfbqktyxl.jpg

Looks nice, can't wait to fly the DAP birds...

Fantastic I am really excited to have these and be ushered around in them

Scores better than the current offerings. Really glad to see holo's back on top of that rail as well.

Yea the diffuse turned out good, currently working on materials

@Eric

The DAP components and weapons systems have already gotten lots of attention. Its certainly going to see lots of missions so we have given it the time she deserves ;)