trixie

Trixie's Release Thread

@Trixie

Many thanks for the continued support of this wonderful pack!

I've went and collected feedback about the M107 HE and HEIAP rounds.

So far, the consensus is that AP should have an easier time penetrating (IFRIT) armour to better disable (not destroy) the engine block and/or kill its occupants and be able to destroy tires in 2 shots max. As for HE, it's roughly the same, except they would like to see more emphasis on the explosive aspect of it and less on the penetration (in other words, the explosive aspect is fine, the penetration is a bit too much).

That's what I could understand from "they need their damage values upped".

In short: HE overpenetrates but the explosion is almost where we want it, but something short. AP doesn't penetrate enough.

Thank you for your time reading this post and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours!

Edited by Subscyed

hey man love most of your mods but i gotta say is there anyway to make the javelin work right? Doesnt fire up in the air and come down onto the target... just works like a normal rocket launchers.. would love to see that work correctly and have the javelin sound like the real deal.

well,I just wanna ask,do you have any plan for 5.56 DMRs,like Mk12?

Can't wait to get home and try these out. Will post feedback after some testing.

On a side note: would you be able to make a version of the LRPS Scope that has a "ghillie" as well?

can i also request a XM8 SAW w/ GL? :)

although it is horribly inaccurate when launching

Edited by xrook

I'm loving the Javelin, a Top-down attack and the ability to switch between the two would be awesome! Also in reality the tube is already loaded with the missile and when fired the tube can be thrown away. I believe the original batch of Javelins made were not disposable though. Also what range does the weapon ingame lock onto things at? The manufacturers advertise 2.5km as the effective range but they're always going to say the highest number ;) Anyway good job Trixie, Can't wait for an update!

@johnnygitarr - Nope, i use slightly tweaked ammo based on the default BIS 762/408/50 calibers, not aiming for maximum realism atm so ammo wont be true to real life, could change in the future. As for the Tac-50, there is no such rifle in ArmA 2/DLC's as far as i'm aware, so no.

@Subscyed - Cheers for the feedback, gonna have a play around with the values tomorrow and see if i can improve it based on that info.

@soldierman - Fixed for next release!

@lincolnlou - There are most likely ways to fix a proper top down attack, i'm not the guy to do it however as i lack the knowledge and interest when it comes to scripting. I wanna say there was a mod for the default titan that achieved this, i don't remember what it was called now, but potentially could get it compatible with that? If that doesn't work the only alternative would if someone helped me out to directly implement it into the Javelin, don't know who that would be though.

@JinougaF - See further down this post!

@stoffl - Can't edit ArmA 3 models, so no. The scopes I've provided are based on the LRPS however, using the same reticles etc.

@xrook - No promises. GL's are still a WIP and i'm too uninterested in them to really fix it right now.

@Bravo93 - Same as i said above, would like to make it happen, don't know how! Pretty much the same thing when it comes to making the tubes disposable etc. As for lock-on range, i don't really know/remember to be honest, if i figure it out i could nerf it to about 2-2.5km i guess as it's likely way above that atm.

Been doing some more work tonight, adding Mk12 and a LW308MWS, same model (provided by StalkerGB) that's included in my British Weapons Pack as the L129A1, but in black. Also porting the Vector 21 Rangefinder and SOFLAM to offer some more variety to the default ArmA 3 ones, which i really am not a fan of at all personally. They will have their optics/capabilities based on the ArmA 3 counterparts however, just like the scopes. Made a few sort of fictional versions of them too with things such as tripods and a SOFLAM with an AN/PVS-4 on top and ghillie as shown in the pic. Doing some more experiments with various stuff and will get to tweaking the .50 cal ammo as mentioned earlier. Either way, a Sniper/Marksman 2.1 release could be out by early next week.

FwoDGg3l.png

Cool, also one more thing I noticed which I think could be quite easy for you to fix. When aiming at something with the CLU from the 3rd person perspective, it's the Javelin tube that is pointing at the target when it should really be the CLU the operator's looking through.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179130-MDH-TopDownAttack

After having a little look around I found this mod. It actually allows the Titan to have a Top-down attack. It seemed your Javelin inherited quite a lot of stuff from the Titan so I actually put your classname in that config and guess what...your Javelin now has Top-down attack and Direct!!! I know the author has given permission for it to be used in other mods so perhaps you could PM him ;) One thing I did notice though is it kind of conflicts with your lock-on system so you can kind of lock-on simultaneously. I'm sure that could easily be fixed though :)

Great adds Trixie, AWM.338 is my favorite sniper rifle now (after M107 obvious) thanks!!

Keep the awesome job bro!

Maybe ghillie versions of TWS scopes? And just saying, TRG M10, M2010 and the AW50 can be a good acquisition for this pack!! ;D

Edited by Gaske

hi trixie,

thnx for answering my questions, and thnx again for your effort in your mods.

bug or not?

the sniperrifles lost the zeroing settings.

if i set my rifle to a specific range, zoom out, change to binocular then back to rifle,

the rifle always shows 100m range.

if possible please fix this!

tac 50

tac 50 was a arma 2 ace rifle, don't know the rules of the ace mod, but maybe you can

get the weapon from the ace team.

javelin

would like to see, like others write above, a choosable top-down attack mode!

thnx and cheers

Good to know you are really working on Mk12.Just a little thing,can you make it able to use the Mk262 ammo from RH's mod?The other 5.56's damage value is too low for a Marksman rilfe.

Hi , nice mod but for your next update can you make the Soflam tripod as a static position like a sort of scoping scope with a big zoom it would be very usefull for the spotter !

hi just wondering for your Trixie's Sniper/Marksman Pack 2.0 would it be posibile to get the Ghillie for the weapons so there work like attachments that would be cool and you dont have to make 5 different weapons ?

Trixie's Launcher Pack V1.4 released. - Updated info/downloads in OP.

- Increased damage of Javelin missile.

- Implemented MDH_TopDownAttack by Moerderhoschi with the help of Bravo93.

@Gaske - Ghillie versions coming for next update!

@johnnygitarr - Unable to reproduce, disable all your other mods and confirm if issue still persists. As for the Tac-50, if you get the necessary permissions and source files from the ACE team i could probably add it in, i'm currently not interested enough to pursue it.

@JinougaF - No, i will not add the RH Mk262. However i can add a custom Mk262 mag of my own to give the Mk12 a higher damage output than normal 5.56. I believe Spartan0536 made some 5.56 values public not too long ago, including Mk262, could use those i guess.

@M1n1d0u - Eh, idk, maybe for the future. Would take too much tinkering than i can be bothered with to make it a proper static weapon, not a bad idea though.

@ICE_AGE0815 - Would just be an equal mess.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the improved Javelin! Now if only someone could script a replacement PBO to replace the sordid Titan compact.

Hi trixie. About the sniper pack. I really dig it but something seems to be off with your silencers.

AWM: 1156m to target, no elevation - with silencer zeroing 1200, hit 2 mildots above center; without silencer zeroing for 1200 hit dead center. (i could understand it if it was the other way around).

The 7.62 ones work fine, tested ranges up to 800m without silencers, but your silencers again make the bullet hit above center with zeroing for 800m.

Could you have a look into it?

And another thing regarding your S&B PMII, could you maybe ask da12thMonkey if you could use his reticle for that scope? I feel it is more suitable for the ranges of the 7.62 rifles.

Edited by stoffl

Has anyone been having crashing issues on dedicated servers with these mods? My group implemented them and weve been having constant crashes since then.

@N_Icomach - More info than that would be useful in case you're looking for help. Could you please PM me your server/client .rpt file(s) and also include details such as when you are crashing, if it started after a recent (mod) update etc etc.

@stoffl - Will have a look.

Other than that I'm afraid progress last few days have been rather slow, it's been insanely hot around here lately... just bring back the winter already! Either way i'll be picking up some work soon enough! :)

Edited by Trixie

Regarding N_Icomachs issues: I had 2 crashes while accessing the Virtual Armory after I've installed your pack. But it hasn't happened since, so I can't really pinpoint it to your mod. Especially since the server said it was a steam ticket error. Gotta love having to put up teleporters in every base for people who get kicked randomly by steam -.-.

Regarding the silencers. I tested more extensively during the night and the 7.62 rifles work fine with vanilla suppressors.

But other than that I hope you don't take away too much punch from the 7.62, because having a sniper with an M40 needing 2 shots to kill a target as with vanilla weapons would be a bummer. However a shot in the toe should not really take them out as well, as it is the case right now. But I prefer death by severed toes over bullet sponges.

And please no winter yet. Actually enjoying the scottish sun atm :D

Edited by stoffl

Had a quick toy around with the rework of the British pack today, wanted to see if i could make the RIS/UGL parts darker as requested a while back. They're probably too dark right now though. Other than that I've used the trigger/fireselector/magazine from Kiory's L85A2 along with the Ironsights just like last time. Also been thinking about the future for this pack. With Kiory remaking his L85A2 to also include RIS/UGL versions i might scrap these all together once that comes out and just add his L85A2's as a dependency or even incorporate it into this pack as he seems fine with people reusing his work as much as possible! :)

MxtqRtdl.png

Great model and textures Trixie! Thank you! :yay:

Hey Trixie, could you make the vanilla-magazines available to your weapons? Sharing mags with teammates using Weapons from other mods is impossible at the moment.