Yea I am having a problem now where I put on ASR AI and I cannot get the enemy to stay still which sucks cus my missions like a shoot house with many rooms...  

But the AI now walks outside an maneuvers around which is great but I need a few to remain stationary and cannot.  Then I cannot find the settings folder to mess with the config or w/e 

because steam workshop doesn't display my mod folders properly... 

Run:

this forceSpeed 0;

for every unit you need to stay put (in building positions, for example).

• Like 1

Are there some recomanded ingame settings for skill/acc when using ASR AI?

And what about the editor...if you create a mission are the skills overwritten by ASR AI?

I find default ArmA AI difficulty settings to be very fitting for ASR AI. E.g. normal AI (0.7 skill, 0.5 precision) is indeed quite 'normal', less precise than a veteran player too. So that's why higher difficulties will fit people with more experience.

F.e. with ASR AI and 'normal' AI setting (that is - precision 0.5) an editor AI with 0.2 skill can barely hit a thing 50m away wasting a ton of bullets while a 1.0 skill AI is on par with a good player e.g. fast to acquire and hits targets taking only a few shots. At anything lower than precision 0.5 I see 0.4-0.5 editor skill AIs sometimes literally wasting whole clips unable to kill each other while being only 15-20m apart (granted they do it from behind cover).

With all that said - mostly it takes a properly designed encounter - e.g. if some mission throws a dozen of AIs at you alone all at once, their chances of hitting you increase tenfold even at 0.2

• Like 1

Does this work with CUP units correctly or will I need to use a config similar to using with RHS? If that is the case is there a config available or a guide on how to make the configs?

Does this work with CUP units correctly or will I need to use a config similar to using with RHS? If that is the case is there a config available or a guide on how to make the configs?

Should work fine but for best results a config to adjust settings similar to the way vanilla units are done is recommended. There is no guide, best way to do is using the configs in the main mod as examples.

Something I've been changing recently: in-game settings (not all of them but most):

8aSxFFg.jpg

• Like 18

+1 :icon_dj:  for the ingame menu!

I'm a happy user of ASR AI since A2 and am so glad to see it evolve and see it being supported through all the years.  Great job, Robalo! 

+1 :icon_dj:  for the ingame menu!

Just to make it clear, the menu is the CBA Settings menu, similar to CBA Keybinds but for settings. Robalo is simply using it (great work as always @Robalo!).

Just to make it clear, the menu is the CBA Settings menu, similar to CBA Keybinds but for settings. Robalo is simply using it (great work as always @Robalo!).

Right, this was made possible with the new settings framework newly added to CBA by commy2.

• Like 2

RHS AI config I made was for 0.4.0.1, use it with 0.4.1 at your own risk. I'll make new ones eventually, soon after I update the mod for APEX probably.

Any ETA for new version after @RHS v0.4.1.1 update because right now when I start game I have this error

Error: creating weapon rhsusf_acc_ACOG_USMC with scope=private

Error: creating weapon M203_GL with scope=private

..and in .rpt file I have this

1:01:21 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon rhsusf_acc_ACOG_USMC with scope=private

1:01:23 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon M203_GL with scope=private

1:01:23 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M203_GL/Single.StandardSound'.

1:01:23 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M203_GL/Single.SilencedSound'.

1:01:23 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon M320_GL with scope=private

1:01:23 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M320_GL/Single.StandardSound'.

1:01:23 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M320_GL/Single.SilencedSound'.

Hi!

I'm having trouble editing the skill of my enemy units. I'm using OPF_G_F with Alive and they feel a bit too good atm. They are really good at spotting, especially at night, and their fire is a little too accurate. Could someone please explain to me like I was 5 years old how to edit the skill on these guys?

Where should i put RHS config files ?

Any ETA for new version after @RHS v0.4.1.1 update because right now when I start game I have this error

..and in .rpt file I have this

Soon. I have to an the update for the main mod and third of the configs for RHS 0.4.1.1 ready

Hi!

I'm having trouble editing the skill of my enemy units. I'm using OPF_G_F with Alive and they feel a bit too good atm. They are really good at spotting, especially at night, and their fire is a little too accurate. Could someone please explain to me like I was 5 years old how to edit the skill on these guys?

What is a 5yo doing messing with the userconfig :)

Easiest is to tweak the faction coefficient, say if you set it to 0.8, the skills for that faction will be set lower by 20%

0.9.30 is out

Changes

- configs updated for new 1.62/APEX content
- added config fix to prevent this from becoming dependency when editing
- tweaked configs for shot detection; scripted fired event handler disabled by default
- tweaked detection related config parameters (AI was too good at detecting things in the jungle)
- reduced aiming abilities for lower skilled units
- removed shooting stance tweaks (were slowing down unit moves too much)
- improved code (made a bit prettier and more efficient using newer sqf syntax and commands)
- improve debug logging by tagging each line in RPT
- settings overhauled; moved most user configurable options to the CBA settings framework (in game)
- asr_ai3_settings.sqf no longer used
- these settings can't be set in game and remain configurable by editing asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf: asr_ai3_main_sets, asr_ai3_main_levels_units, asr_ai3_main_factions
- added options for radioing delays (prevent enemy calling your position to ther groups by shooting leader in less than x time since detected)
- added options for how many mags and first aid kits units are trying to maintain (rearming)
- allowed changing settings on the fly using in game settings dialogue (rearming for example)

Enjoy! :uzi:

• Like 15

This is awesome, thank you for your hard work, Robalo!

- settings overhauled; moved most user configurable options to the CBA settings framework (in game)

- asr_ai3_settings.sqf no longer used

- these settings can't be set in game and remain configurable by editing asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf: asr_ai3_main_sets, asr_ai3_main_levels_units, asr_ai3_main_factions

What is new way to setup the settings on a dedicated server running mission automatically.

Quick question. Can this mod be still disabled in version 0.9.30 by setting the following variable on the server?

asr_ai3_main_enabled = 0

If not, is there  another  way?

What is new way to setup the settings on a dedicated server running mission automatically.

Quick question. Can this mod be still disabled in version 0.9.30 by setting the following variable on the server?

asr_ai3_main_enabled = 0

If not, is there  another  way?

No, you'll need to disable each option separately. This setting was often misinterpreted, not covering every aspect of the mod and added overhead so I decided to remove it.

No, you'll need to disable each option separately. This setting was often misinterpreted, not covering every aspect of the mod and added overhead so I decided to remove it.

If I understand this correctly, placing in init.sqf or a function at postInit a script which changes the global variable i.e. usebuildings, one could configure ASR AI's default settings for a group of missions. Am I correct?

Am I correct in my understanding that the configs for the latest version of RHS are not yet avalible?

If I understand this correctly, placing in init.sqf or a function at postInit a script which changes the global variable i.e. usebuildings, one could configure ASR AI's default settings for a group of missions. Am I correct?

Once you save the settings as server admin they'll be used for any missions. You can configure per mission settings too. See here.

You can click the Export button and get all settings in the clipboard. Pasting from clipboard now I have:

asr_ai3_main_setskills = true;
asr_ai3_main_seekcover = true;
asr_ai3_main_usebuildings = 0.9;
asr_ai3_main_getinweapons = 0.5;
asr_ai3_main_rearm = 40;
asr_ai3_main_rearm_mags = 3;
asr_ai3_main_rearm_fak = 1;
asr_ai3_main_radiorange = 600;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelaymin = 5;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelayplus = 10;
asr_ai3_main_packNVG = true;
asr_ai3_main_joinlast = 2;
asr_ai3_main_removegimps = 300;
asr_ai3_main_pgaistamina = false;
asr_ai3_main_onteamswitchleader = true;
asr_ai3_main_loudrange = 0;
asr_ai3_main_debug = false;

So those are the global vars you're looking for. If you like you can place them into your init.sqf.

Am I correct in my understanding that the configs for the latest version of RHS are not yet avalible?

Not yet.

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

ASR AI 3 v0.9.30

required_addons.png

Community Base Addons A3

Thanks !

• Like 2

Cheers for the update!

Just while on topic of the RHS configs, we ultimately stopped using them a while ago because it created very strange behaviour with AI and their sidearm. Ill try to explain as clear as possible so that maybe you can address the problem when updating the RHS configs.

Problem is with locality, the below is in a dedicated environment.

- Ai has sidearm only = normal behaviour

- AI has RHS primary weapon + sidearm. Runs out of primary ammo, switches to pistol but is unable to fire shots (from a clients view) but the AI is firing shots server side, because he reloads after the time it takes to unload the clip. Client can also see the pistol slide in open position during time of reload.

No damage taken from client and no bullet impacts seen.

Thats the best I can remember the issue for now. If you look into it and want some more specific examples then let me know. Cheers