Radio feature means the near groups share information about targets, that's all. What they do with the info is not up to this mod.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does this mean that they don't move to re-enforce eachother? If not, do you know of any mod that would work in conjunction with ASR to help have squads back eachother up if they're not in combat and recieve information from a squad that is?

There's nothing that can physically change AI to make them more clever. It's all done using KnowsAbout values or waypoints. Generally if AI knows about enemy, the regular BIS routines will send them in that direction, so by 'sharing' the knowsabout value with a different group (as ASR_AI does) you will get the impression they are moving to support - most of the time anyway.

Some mods go further and generate waypoints for groups to simulate more advanced AI behaviour - for example DAC, UPSMON (to an extent) and MCC Sandbox (probably the most comprehensive one) but they all have their own approach and methods, generally aren't compatible with each other and will of course mostly break any manual waypoints or scripts you use. However, if you're making simple scenarios and want more credible AI they're all great tools - and ASR can be used alongside them most of the time (may need to tweak things like the amount of smoke thrown around).

Thanks for the clarification.

I've just been trying to find the best combination of mods to create very open, full world, sandbox missions and I find you generally want more reactive AI since you can't rely on everything being sey up to work perfectly like in a linear mission.

I originally scripted basically entire missions with UPSMON units activated by triggers but I'm finding that using ALiVE along with ASR and bCombat is on the whole generally more effective for a better mission experience, however particular little things like UPSMONs re-enforcement function work really nicely when you have multiple squads in a general area and a single flashpoint devolves into a sustained battle as squads move to re-enforce.

I can't confirm, but it seems with ASR and bCombat running both together you get similar behavior, but I didn't particularly notice much re-enforcement when I was running ASR on its own. Could just be fluke though and have more to do with the specific circumstances in the test missions then the scripts/mods

Also remember to disable any overlapping features ie: AI throwing smoke - I believe both ASR_AI and bCombat have that feature.

It's possible to see AI attack with this mod (SAD waypoints), but it's implemented with restrictions so it does not interfere with pre-assigned waypoints and it's not predictable.

First post updated with latest version: 0.9.8.

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Harhar, yesterday i thought about you Robalo if i should ask you about a autoturnoff for gaya and alive stuff.

Thx a lot for your work :p

I got a question... How do the script know what kinda units there are ? I mean are the Swedishforces pack "Specialforces AT" Automaticly adjusted to be just "Special forces"?

I got a question... How do the script know what kinda units there are ? I mean are the Swedishforces pack "Specialforces AT" Automaticly adjusted to be just "Special forces"?

It depends on the unit's config, be it explicitly set or by inheritance. You can use the config viewer in game and verify the value of "asr_ai_level" for each unit under cfgVehicles. Should be a number from 1 to 10 and it corresponds with the levels configured in the asr_ai3_settings.hpp file.

And to set it i enter the classname in the asr-ai-settings file?

like units[] = {sfp_m90w_sog_teamleader,sfp_m90w_sog_g36,sfp_m90w_sniper,B_sniper_F

};

};

Edited by Tharos
adding

anyone else got problems with asr_ai3 and servers?

Like server Running ASR_AI3 wont start without error msg?

Edit: we Found our issue ....

@CAF_AG_1.5 (with sound hotfix) some how will not work with ASR_AI3 on server

Edited by rAMMY

And to set it i enter the classname in the asr-ai-settings file?

like units[] = {sfp_m90w_sog_teamleader,sfp_m90w_sog_g36,sfp_m90w_sniper,B_sniper_F

};

};

it should be

units[] = {"sfp_m90w_sog_teamleader", "sfp_m90w_sog_g36", "sfp_m90w_sniper", "B_sniper_F"

};

Hello !

I'm configuring ASR before using it on my server.

Wich configuration do you suggest ?

On LAN server, a standart CSAT AI can't even shoot me in the open at 20 meters without firing a full magazine. :( I'd like to make them a bit more deadly.

Otherwise, nice work here on long range battles and general combat AI.

EDIT : just tried with a wounded (to the arms) sniper : he can't even shoot me as I'm standing still right in front of his rifle.

Hello !

On LAN server, a standart CSAT AI can't even shoot me in the open at 20 meters without firing a full magazine. :( I'd like to make them a bit more deadly.

Otherwise, nice work here on long range battles and general combat AI.

EDIT : just tried with a wounded (to the arms) sniper : he can't even shoot me as I'm standing still right in front of his rifle.

What's your skillAI, precisionAI and aiLevelPreset settings? They are in your yourusername.Arma3Profile file.

I'd recommend on the following:

skillAI=0.75;

precisionAI=0.4;

aiLevelPreset=3;

What's your skillAI, precisionAI and aiLevelPreset settings? They are in your yourusername.Arma3Profile file.

I'd recommend on the following:

skillAI=0.75;

precisionAI=0.4;

aiLevelPreset=3;

hang on, are u saying that the values defined in the (dedicated) server.Arma3Profile affect the asr_ai skill values? I thought ASR over rides everything...

Hello !

we have done a lot of testing and always get feedback from players after a mission. this is what our AI are at the moment, and we have found they are a good challenge but not too hard. A good balance if u have the players outnumbered 3 to 1 or so.

class level_3 { // regular 1

aiming[] = {0.20, 0.00};

spotting[] = {0.40, 0.10};

general[] = {0.70, 0.10};

units[] = { }

As u can see we have changed the default values, the main one to think about is the random factor applied to aiming. we leave it at 0, otherwise sometimes u will get an AI unit that has too much precision (over 0.3)

hang on, are u saying that the values defined in the (dedicated) server.Arma3Profile affect the asr_ai skill values? I thought ASR over rides everything...

Yes that's what I'm saying. Robalo has even recommended on the following settings.

Their precision is much better, however I think they need some tweaks for better spotting / faster reaction time at long range. Maybe I'll get them to 0.70 spotting. Thank you for advices ;)

skillFriendly=0.89999998;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

skillEnemy=0.89999998;

precisionEnemy=0.75;

aiLevelPreset=2;

Snipers are really deadly, I'm getting killed on their second shot, if not on the first one, wich is pretty realistic compared to real sniping.

One last question, is ASR compatible with TPWC AI Suppression System ?

Edited by ElTyranos

skillFriendly=0.89999998;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

skillEnemy=0.89999998;

precisionEnemy=0.75;

aiLevelPreset=2;

The "friendly"/"enemy" settings are obsolete and are not used anymore. Check this post for the updated settings. You need to set it like in my example (see my previous post) with the values that you want. Currently, your settings are with the "High" AI level (because of the aiLevelPreset=2) and this is the reason why they are too lethal for you.

One last question, is ASR compatible with TPWC AI Suppression System ?

Fully compatible. TPWCAS was designed to work in conjuction with ASR AI.

Fully compatible. TPWCAS was designed to work in conjuction with ASR AI.

Great !

Indeed, I'm late here. Thanks for the explanation Variable.

can someone tell me what to do here. this is our dedicated servers profile settings

class mercenary

{

class Flags

{

HUD=0;

AutoSpot=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=0;

};

skillFriendly=1;

skillEnemy=1;

precisionFriendly=0.28;

precisionEnemy=0.28;

};

};

so are the last 4 settings obsolete now? should there be any other settings there?

can someone tell me what to do here. this is our dedicated servers profile settings

class mercenary

{

class Flags

{

HUD=0;

AutoSpot=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=0;

};

skillFriendly=1;

skillEnemy=1;

precisionFriendly=0.28;

precisionEnemy=0.28;

};

};

so are the last 4 settings obsolete now? should there be any other settings there?

Yes, you can delete the last 4 lines completey. They have no effect now. Replace them with the new settings.

For example:

skillAI=0.75;

precisionAI=0.4;

aiLevelPreset=3;

Hey,

I know, the first post says, that if a player joins a server...the Server settings override the client ones. But I have a question: Does the server needs to have the mod loaded?

The reason why I ask: Whenever I try to join my server with ASR_AI3 activated I stuck at the loading screen. I don't even get to the Lobby.

So is the mod client side? Do I just need to put the userconfig on the server?