Guys, do you know if your AI system would create troubles with MCC GAIA?

There's nothing special about Zeus spawned units. All features work just fine on them too.

The smoke can be adjusted in userconfig, I will reduce it's usage defaults next update.

Robalo I tested out with the debug enable in a dedicated server and is not working with zeus... and Actually the AI were all aimbots!

When I'm not spawning units with Zeus the mod works... (VTS / MCC)

There is a Thread in Zeus talking about how Zeus override the skill settings.

If it working for you can you please let me know how you do it and also how can I test it?

In the ASR userconfig I did enable the debug options but still does not show.

@Ollem

The correct function name is asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_setUnitSkill

About UPSMON, I recommend disabling smoke and AI radio comm in the UPSMON init.

@badder

No troubles seen, they should get along just fine.

@theNaCH

It doesn't matter what Zeus sets the initial skill to. ASR AI will override after a few seconds.

Make sure you're running the mod on the server and post the server RPT so I can have a look.

Edited by Robalo

@Ollem

About UPSMON, I recommend disabling smoke and AI radio comm in the UPSMON init.

@badder

No troubles seen, they should get along just fine.

@theNaCH

It doesn't matter what Zeus sets the initial skill to. ASR AI will override after a few seconds.

Make sure you're running the mod on the server and post the server RPT so I can have a look.

Thanks for your quick reply Robalo

@Robalo // @Ollem: Thx! We didnt use UBSMON but we will in the future. Will take a look then @UPSinit ;) We are still looking for some easy Headless Client "switcher" or how to implement the ai easy to HC so that every mission creater that is not so skilled can work with it.

Confirming that ASR_AI does not seem to be applied to Zeus spawned units as intended. We are getting very different results from editor places units vs Zeus spawned units of the same type.

What happens is that all AI spawned by Zeus is local to his machine. If Zeus disconnects, AI switches locality to the server. Which explains mixed results. Investigating further.

Guys, do you know if your AI system would create troubles with MCC GAIA?

No it should not. Same for TPWCAS.

GAIA is more macro management focussed and ASR more micro management focussed.

Only issue might be that GAiA currently also deploys smoke but in next release that will be automatically disabled if ASR is present too.

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

@Ollem

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

@Robalo // @Ollem: Thx! We didnt use UBSMON but we will in the future. Will take a look then @UPSinit ;) We are still looking for some easy Headless Client "switcher" or how to implement the ai easy to HC so that every mission creater that is not so skilled can work with it.

You may want to try MCC: this makes it easy to spawn AI on HC.

What happens is that all AI spawned by Zeus is local to his machine. If Zeus disconnects, AI switches locality to the server. Which explains mixed results. Investigating further.

This is what I was trying to explain the 3 post I put about this.

Zeus it seems it uses the Server params... because I also tried setting my local client at difficulty recruit and still are aimbots when I spawn in the dedicated server.

The server ha in the user profile 0.78 as Aim

TPWCAS (scripy) I know it works and for example bcombat also does.

- Teams often splits. AI came to the players alone, they flank (great!) but alone (not great because too weak). And when they are alone, smoke problem.

I think that might be true.We played a mission that we played before and suddenly we had single units here and there attacking us instead of concentrated teams attacking in force together.

This is what I was trying to explain the 3 post I put about this.

Zeus it seems it uses the Server params... because I also tried setting my local client at difficulty recruit and still are aimbots when I spawn in the dedicated server.

The server ha in the user profile 0.78 as Aim

TPWCAS (scripy) I know it works and for example bcombat also does.

No, in fact, you only provided some vague info, instead of activating debug and sending a RPT, which would've shown things like this and more:

1:08:35 "Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE, type O_sniper_F, faction OPF_F with coef 0.9, has skill 0.712377"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill aimingAccuracy value 0.534263"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill aimingShake value 0.504621"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill aimingSpeed value 0.86101"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill spotDistance value 0.346606"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill spotTime value 0.5006"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill courage value 0.773687"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill reloadSpeed value 0.751786"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill commanding value 0.537993"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill general value 0.731473"

I think that might be true.We played a mission that we played before and suddenly we had single units here and there attacking us instead of concentrated teams attacking in force together.

Not an ASR AI "feature" and I don't like it either.

Hi Robalo,

Sorry to trouble you about this! Here are two RPTs from the dedicated server I play on to look at. They were collected while the server was only running CBA and ASR on stable build. Hope they help!

RPT for Combined Arms Mission (non-zeus). One squad of BLUFOR vs about two squads of OPFOR.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1l9d96iokkxwf1y/vanilla.rpt

RPT for ZGM Altis BLUFOR (zeus). One squad of BLUFOR vs one squad of OPFOR.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaa5amvedmr3f6p/zeus.rpt

EDIT:

While at first glance it looks like the skill settings are applied to both, Zeus AI still feels extremely accurate and punishing (i.e. you can never move from cover to cover without being shot). Even more tellingly, the smoke grenade spam that occurs normally is non-existent when dealing with Zeus AI. On vanilla it's common to start seeing a rainbow of smoke about five minutes into the firefight. On Zeus you barely see units even move to nearby cover.

No, in fact, you only provided some vague info, instead of activating debug and sending a RPT, which would've shown things like this and more:

1:08:35 "Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE, type O_sniper_F, faction OPF_F with coef 0.9, has skill 0.712377"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill aimingAccuracy value 0.534263"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill aimingShake value 0.504621"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill aimingSpeed value 0.86101"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill spotDistance value 0.346606"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill spotTime value 0.5006"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill courage value 0.773687"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill reloadSpeed value 0.751786"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill commanding value 0.537993"
1:08:35 "80.699 | Unit O Alpha 2-1:1 REMOTE has final sub-skill general value 0.731473"

Not an ASR AI "feature" and I don't like it either.

Sorry, you are right.. I forgot to add the log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78u404JZOsRbkZHS1dBX1BGTnM/edit?usp=sharing

Here you have it .. for 6 hours of Zeus.

I will do one with VTS that actually looks like the lines you pasted above.

Thanks for sending the RPTs.

Fatalcrash: you have them mixed up but I got what I needed from them.

theNaCH: looks like you haven't enabled debug in your userconfig. Yours has quite a few object not found errors which indicate a problem with the mission or the other mods used.

Some conclusions regarding Zeus:

- AI spawns on game master's PC, so obviously the game master should be running ASR AI in order to apply the config-based features (esp. cfgaiskill, cfgweapons which contain important tweaks for AI aiming skills).

- Skills are properly applied, even for remote units, as seen in RPT. Final subskills are read and logged from the units after they are applied.

- A part of the features are only running server-side and do not apply to remote units. I will provide a way for them to work on clients running ASR AI in coming updates.

Thanks for sending the RPTs.

theNaCH: looks like you haven't enabled debug in your userconfig. Yours has quite a few object not found errors which indicate a problem with the mission or the other mods used.

Hi, first thanks for looking into this.

Yes I notice this when the server was upgraded to 1.16

I tried running the server vanilla and still have these errors. I think these are "client" side errors.

Basically I have keys for VTS weapon resting / STHUD / SOS but these are not mods running in the server.

I think this is related how Zeus handle the addons... if I use a mission without Zeus I don't have those errors and I know for a fact with the previous version of ARMA I don't have those errors.

Will this work with Alive?? That would be amazing.

Yes of course - ASR_AI applies to any spawned units, so works fine with ALiVE. I would suggest not using the ALiVE skill module as well though.

Yep and also with Alive, as with Zeus, it is recommended to run the mod on clients whenever AI may be spawned on client machines (CQB module).

0.9.3 is now available in first post.

- improved Zeus compatibility. Note: game master must be running ASR AI3.

- allow danger.fsm improvements to be executed on clients.

- reduced default smoke usage when hit (can still be tweaked in userconfig further).

- group to group target sharing was not functional, fixed that.

- minor code improvements.

Enjoy!

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

If I am running ASR do I still need to be setting the AI skill manually such as those below?

{
_x setSkill ["AimingAccuracy", 0.3];
_x setSkill ["AimingShake", 0.2];
_x setSkill ["AimingSpeed", 0.2];
_x setSkill ["Endurance", 0.5];
_x setSkill ["SpotDistance", 1];
_x setSkill ["SpotTime", 0.2];
_x setSkill ["Courage", 0.4];
_x setSkill ["ReloadSpeed", 0.3];
_x setSkill ["Commanding", 0.5];
_x setSkill ["General", 0.7];
} forEach AllUnits;

If I am running ASR do I still need to be setting the AI skill manually such as those below?

{
_x setSkill ["AimingAccuracy", 0.3];
_x setSkill ["AimingShake", 0.2];
_x setSkill ["AimingSpeed", 0.2];
_x setSkill ["Endurance", 0.5];
_x setSkill ["SpotDistance", 1];
_x setSkill ["SpotTime", 0.2];
_x setSkill ["Courage", 0.4];
_x setSkill ["ReloadSpeed", 0.3];
_x setSkill ["Commanding", 0.5];
_x setSkill ["General", 0.7];
} forEach AllUnits;

I think ASR takes care of that already.

I thought of this as well. What im not so happy about is the AimingAccuracy, they often is too strong. As i already stated, SpotDistance is important for vehicles and perhaps for special forces that uses better optics while spottime should remain still low but higher then normal infantrie that dont uses thermal vision.

Also as im gettin in MCC right now, does ASR ai work togehter with MCC Gaia? I think there are some conflict given. I live both very much, it greatly buffs arma3 to what ai should act like!