It has been asked before, no, there's no suppression implemented. IMO it has to be implemented in the engine, because otherwise the performance cost is too great.

I don't know BECTI Zerty, all I can tell you is that the skills are set 5 to 10 seconds after the unit is created.

OK thanks, I saw it was asked before but in earlier versions. Sounds like it will work with the mission, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

We used to use ASR_Ai with TPWCAS to get the suppression under heavy fire.

Btw I realize I never took the time to say it here but thanks a lot Robalo for your mod, it was awesome for Arma2 ans it's awesome for Arma3 even if I regret the rearm option not available because of the way BIS made their "new" game.

Ran ASR_AI with TPWCAS last night, safe to say I'm going to keep these on the server permanently. AI behaved beautifully. I watched a group of players trying to seize a town controlled by AI resistance. An enemy machine gunner was laying prone as they were approaching and the AI opened up on them, killing 1 of the players. The 3 other players reacted shooting in the general direction of the machine gunner, the machine gunner began to return fire but I noticed his fire was all over the place (not precise and robotic like it would have previously been), the players took cover. While the players were taking cover the AI machine gunner began crawling away from the players, then got up and stayed crouch and walked behind some cover. Players began to throw grenades thinking the AI was still in the area. As the players advanced, the AI peaked his head out of the corner of the wall and killed 1 more before being taken down.

Very cool!

^ Can't agree more. TPWCAS and ASR AI are an absolute mandatory requirement for all servers. Admins do yourself and your players a favour and install them! :)

- Haven't checked, but TF radio is supported if it inherits from the ItemRadio class, just like ACRE is. The type of radio has no effect now, the range is the one from userconfig. There's not much advantage in sharing info over long distances.

- For the crew what matters more than their individual spotting distance is the sensitivity configured for their vehicle. I might need to do the same type of tweaking as I did for the helicopters, will check.

I talk here about ai without asr:

Would be very cool to have some competitiv vehicles around. Atm driving in a tank, even the hit system is crap, the only real enemy you have is air. 1 tank vs. 4 tanks is no problem if you dont miss all the time. there are only 5% of the time that the enemy ai is suprising me with long range engagement, they never use cover with vehicles, ignoring incoming tank or AT fire (AP rounds, rockets, ....), drive around like mad. They dont flee with low armored vehicles from an superior enemy or simply react about it. They turn they vehicles not knowing where their best armored part is (tank always drive sideways of turning their back to the enemy)

Vehicular AI in Arma was never that good to begin with. Suicidal helos is another thing that always bothered me. Maybe someday they'll do an armour simulation akin to ToH, with proper battlefields (ranges of kilometers for modern MBT engagements) and tactical engagements. M1TP2 had a simplistic interface and even barren landscapes, but even in that game formations played a huge role, and ambushes could even kill your platoon.. Not to mention rushing in against reinforced heavy armour could spell your doom.

Updated first post with latest version: 0.9.2

- improved AI smoke throwing

- allow AI to throw smoke when wounded

- minor code fixes/optimization

Robalo, would it be possible to have a switch in the userconfig to disable the AI use of buildings for player-led AI only? I'm having my troops constantly getting up from where I've placed them and entering buildings in combat mode.

Robalo, would it be possible to have a switch in the userconfig to disable the AI use of buildings for player-led AI only? I'm having my troops constantly getting up from where I've placed them and entering buildings in combat mode.

Are you sure it's ASR AI ? I have always had a check for player in group, so that should not happen.

Great work on the mod! I literally would not have made it through the campaign without this!

I've been playing around with Zeus the last few days, but it doesn't seem that spawned units will adopt the behaviour from this mod. Has anyone else gotten it to work with Zeus?

Thanks!

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great work, Robalo!

I want to run this mod on a dedicated server. Do I have to modify the mission's init.sqf for this mod to take effect or do I just have to run the mod on the server?

Great work, Robalo!

I want to run this mod on a dedicated server. Do I have to modify the mission's init.sqf for this mod to take effect or do I just have to run the mod on the server?

Just run the mod on the server. It will affect all missions. Don't forget the userconfig.

Great work on the mod! I literally would not have made it through the campaign without this!

I've been playing around with Zeus the last few days, but it doesn't seem that spawned units will adopt the behaviour from this mod. Has anyone else gotten it to work with Zeus?

Thanks!

Enable debug in userconfig, spawn some units in Zeus then check RPT. Features are applied via configs, extended event handlers and danger.fsm. Can't think of any reason Zeus would interfere with the mod.

We did a bigger mission this sunday with your newest version. I think they throw too much smoke. I dont know if every point is right because i didnt watch every ai walking around:

- They should run more for cover then use smoke. We often see ai under fire that they throw smoke and while they do they die (Standing/Animation/Death). Also its not good for players FPS if in a 2km area "20 AI" fire smoke around. Looks like all end of days :p

- Teams often splits. AI came to the players alone, they flank (great!) but alone (not great because too weak). And when they are alone, smoke problem.

- Again TFR im not sure if this works. Are radio channels supported? Because in TFR every group have automatic their own radio frequenz and only team leaders have a backpack radio that offers the same frequenz with Long range radio.

I dont know what causes performance problems some players had. server fps was minimum 40fps, most time 47-49fps. Still often players had problems... hmmm..

Edited by Numrollen

You can easily change the smoke settings in the server's userconfig file.

ASR_AI "radios" are in no way related to TFR at all in anyway whatsoever. It's just a scripted KnowsAbout value for nearby AI groups, they're not actually talking to each other.

Enable debug in userconfig, spawn some units in Zeus then check RPT. Features are applied via configs, extended event handlers and danger.fsm. Can't think of any reason Zeus would interfere with the mod.

It works on my own machine, but not a dedicated server running the mod. For example, a mission with the units already spawned in works (I'm using units throwing smoke when in the open as my indicator), but units spawned in using zeus don't do so.

It seems when the units are spawned using the Zeus console they don't use ASR AI it used standard ARMA AI.

There's nothing special about Zeus spawned units. All features work just fine on them too.

The smoke can be adjusted in userconfig, I will reduce it's usage defaults next update.

We did a bigger mission this sunday with your newest version. I think they throw too much smoke.

Not sure if this is the case right here but be aware some other mods trigger smoke too, e.g. UPSMON.

So in that case you may end up with too much smoke.

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

^ Can't agree more. TPWCAS and ASR AI are an absolute mandatory requirement for all servers. Admins do yourself and your players a favour and install them! :)

:D

@Robalo: as far as I could see the following should still be applicable for ASR_A3 too, right?

//SET ASR AI SKILLS IF ASR AI IS RUNNNING
if (!isNil "asr_ai_sys_aiskill_fnc_SetUnitSkill") then 
{
[_unit] call asr_ai_sys_aiskill_fnc_SetUnitSkill;
};