Yes supression definitely need to be worked on in this game. Hopefully ASR can improve it also.

Hmm unlimited ammo? How long do your firefights last? AI infantrie dont attack at high range, on low distances (0-400m) its normally over before they need to rearm. This would change if ai would do more suppression fire to get their teams in better position and for players if ai will try and stay longer on full cover. When you shoot a full burst 1m beside the ai, they just not care much about the situation as long as no one is hit ;)

I don't know it just look silly when your team starts walking with their pistols raised with many contacts still out there.

Yes supression definitely need to be worked on in this game. Hopefully ASR can improve it also.

Use TPWCAS. It works flawlessly with ASR AI.

Robalo is the man :cool: with enough skillz, no need for another mod. He already did a nice job in arma2 and with enough time and motivation he will make asr ai the pefect ai mod. TPWCAS, AGM*, ALIVE*, MCC, .... several mods try to make the ai better. I cannot image that all modders look for good compatibility to other mods, except the fish did it already. :p

*: we use already

Robalo is the man :cool: with enough skillz, no need for another mod. He already did a nice job in arma2 and with enough time and motivation he will make asr ai the pefect ai mod. TPWCAS, AGM*, ALIVE*, MCC, .... several mods try to make the ai better. I cannot image that all modders look for good compatibility to other mods, except the fish did it already. :p

*: we use already

TPWCAS was designed with ASR AI in mind, it's not just happen to work good with it. Actually, I don't see Robalo adding a suppression effect BECAUSE tpwcas exist, and with a good reason. Better invest time in other features and not ones that already exist, even if they require another mod. Robalo, please correct me if I'm wrong.

TPWCAS was designed with ASR AI in mind, it's not just happen to work good with it. Actually, I don't see Robalo adding a suppression effect BECAUSE tpwcas exist, and with a good reason. Better invest time in other features and not ones that already exist, even if they require another mod. Robalo, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Right, I run TPWCAS and have no plans to replace it with anything else.

The only thing I made about suppression in ASR AI is that when AI stops to fire at a target, if they have a large capacity mag (>30 rounds), they insist on that target a few seconds more (in sysdanger).

The ammo does become an issue sometimes, especially for auto-riflemen which use bursts and suppress a lot. Hope to find some time to do something about rearming, even if something crude and less developed than what we had for Arma2.

Hope to find some time to do something about rearming, even if something crude and less developed than what we had for Arma2.

Would be very much appreciated !

yeah i miss when they would(AI) take your AT4 off your body and use it on you later... Or when they would steal your ATV and gear...

I'll have your crude rearming any time, Rob!

For those on this forum, whom have yet to play with ASR AI3 in combo' with TPWCAS, you are missing out on a whole new wonderful experience to play Arma 3.

I'll have your crude rearming any time, Rob!

For those on this forum, whom have yet to play with ASR AI3 in combo' with TPWCAS, you are missing out on a whole new wonderful experience to play Arma 3.

I just did a 2 man MCC mission with ASR and TPWCAS on Takistan and it was really intense. I was super impressed with the AI not headshoting me but still actually forcing me to get into cover and at the same time still hitting me enough times to make it feel very awesome. It was the first time I felt really good about the AI (GAIA actually artyed us!). Hell the AI even shot down our CAS (AH64D with alive). It was amazing.

I could probably find this out myself but I feel ill atm and cbf. is TPWCAS serverside only like asr? clients don't need it?

thanks

I could probably find this out myself but I feel ill atm and cbf. is TPWCAS serverside only like asr? clients don't need it?

thanks

It can be but it can also be used on clients. There are several modes for it I would read up on the mod page to completely understand. I have it packaged with all the mods we use so its there just in case its needed but the missions i setup i only set it to be server-side.

thanks

You don't need it on the clients. Installing it on the server is enough to induce suppression on server controlled AI. That's the default behavior, no need to change the user config's parameters.

If you play Zeus then you'll have to run it on the game master's machine.

Edited by Variable

Hello,

congrats for the awesome mod!

I have some issue playing with DUWSModified though. The HQ officer is supposed to be inside the bunker, he's allowed only to change stance but he cannot move.

I think asr ai mod is conflicting with this, because the officer just keeps running everywhere when under fire.

It's a shame because aside this issue, asr ai runs perfectly fine with DUWSModified.

Is there an option that I can disable to prevent the HQ officer going wild? like "seekcover = 0" or "usebuildings = 0" ? "reactions" maybe ?

Cheers!

Hello,

I have some issue playing with DUWSModified though. The HQ officer is supposed to be inside the bunker, he's allowed only to change stance but he cannot move.

I think asr ai mod is conflicting with this, because the officer just keeps running everywhere when under fire.

It's a shame because aside this issue, asr ai runs perfectly fine with DUWSModified.

Is there an option that I can disable to prevent the HQ officer going wild? like "seekcover = 0" or "usebuildings = 0" ? "reactions" maybe ?

Cheers!

probably more of a editing question which u need to find a workaround. u could start with 'officer1 enablesimulation false' and then revers that when u want him to move...

@Variable - yeah that's sweet, just like ASR. thanks.

Last message in the TPWCAS thread:

Is there going to be an updated version where the los error is fixed?

I don't want that.

^ you can disable the LOS component in TPWCAS if it's problematic

Here are some settings I can recommend for running TPWCAS alongside ASR AI:

tpwcas_skillsup = 1;
tpwcas_minskill = 0.5;
tpwcas_reveal = 0;
tpwcas_los_enable = 0;
tpwcas_getcover_minfps = 40;
Hello,

Cheers!

If you remove this mod, is it working as expected ?

The settings you mentioned won't help in this case. As a minimum requirement, the officer should have a waypoint. To further ensure he doesn't get grabbed by any scripted feature of this mod, add something like this to the unit's initialization:

this setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true]; //replace "this" with correct variable in code if the unit is dynamically created and not available in the editor.

Last message in the TPWCAS thread:

I don't want that.

LOL ONE TINY ERROR.. and your going to bitch... LOL....

Line of site in most mods nowadays is obsolete anyways... BIS did a decent job of pumping up their abilities in CQC situations... I keep TPWCAS LOS OFF... same with TPW_MODs LOS.. their disabled by default for a reason...

Get_cover= 40 fps... so your almost never using the get cover function... I have that setting at 10fps... I want those ai to take cover...

Here are some settings I can recommend for running TPWCAS alongside ASR AI:

tpwcas_skillsup = 1;
tpwcas_minskill = 0.5;
tpwcas_reveal = 0;
tpwcas_los_enable = 0;
tpwcas_getcover_minfps = 40;

If you remove this mod, is it working as expected ?

The settings you mentioned won't help in this case. As a minimum requirement, the officer should have a waypoint. To further ensure he doesn't get grabbed by any scripted feature of this mod, add something like this to the unit's initialization:

this setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true]; //replace "this" with correct variable in code if the unit is dynamically created and not available in the editor.

Thank you for the swift reply. Yes without the asr ai 3 mod, the officer stays put.

Alas I understand nothing of scripting and/or editing. I don't even know where to begin :(

LOL ONE TINY ERROR.. and your going to bitch... LOL....

Let's just say some of us have enough dealing with the game bugs, and over the years have been trying to keep 3rd party content to the bare minimum.

Line of site in most mods nowadays is obsolete anyways... BIS did a decent job of pumping up their abilities in CQC situations... I keep TPWCAS LOS OFF... same with TPW_MODs LOS.. their disabled by default for a reason...

Keep dreaming. BIS haven't touched AI since CO 1.62. Period. LOS is disabled by default 'cos it sucks CPU and is a bitch to keep it functional. IF you are willing to deal with the side effects, it's an interesting feature of course.

Get_cover= 40 fps... so your almost never using the get cover function... I have that setting at 10fps... I want those ai to take cover...

Agreed. I thought the same thing when I read Robalo's suggestion :).

From past experiences, under 40 fps AI gets stupid anyways (30-40 fps they're ok..ish, below that, no AI enhancement mod/script will ever help them).

If you can't have your PC or server maintain that kind of FPS you are not experiencing this game in it's full splendor.

Plus it's somewhat redundant as I have take cover routines in my mod too.

Edited by Robalo